• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Mr. Me2

I have a lot of funnel type bowls and only a few with straight sides up and down. Which ones will work better?
I think you should experiment with both.

It’s important to have a good seal between the Neo and the bowl. And I have found the distance between the Neo and your load matters.

Depending on the diameter of your bowls, the ones with the straight sides may be best, but may require you raising the screen or adding material so the Neo is close enough to bake it.

But experimenting is part of the fun. So be our Bill Nye, the science guy.

Dargin B

@SixStringToker nice handle dude!!! Maybe I'll change mine to Fourstring!

My NEO arrived last night and I haven't had a chance to take her for a test spin. I'll write up a review for when I do, but the packaging and feel of the product is an A+. I'm very impressed with the presentation and the feel of the product when it's in my hands...

SixStringToker

Naked member
Got my Neo!

50734030267_58a4ee7f04_o.jpg

This thing is so classy and futuristic looking. My SO asked me if it was a light saber toy. @Black_Prrl, I don't know that you could have made a better choice on the mod, at least as far as aesthetics go; this thing is slick! When did you say the stealth/black-out version is going to be available? 😉

I still need to find a good pipe for this. So far, I've tried it with one of my glass flowerpot bowls and was quite pleased with the results. Super tasty and very even abv. The abv wasn't as dark as I like, but I blame the bowl; the glass got pretty hot and that's heat that's being pulled away from the flower. I think a wood pipe is going to be the way to go.

Finding the battery door turned out to be much more of a challenge than it should have been and I had to groan and roll my eyes at myself for missing it once I actually found it (it's the white side panel with the Eleaf logo; notice the little fingernail tab at the bottom).

I'm gonna lose the silicone piece in no time at all. @Black_Prrl, you may want to consider adding an extra one or two.

I've even more excited about the Neo now that I have it in my hands!

tr33sPlease

Finding the battery door turned out to be much more of a challenge than it should have been and I had to groan and roll my eyes at myself for missing it once I actually found it (it's the white side panel with the Eleaf logo; notice the little fingernail tab at the bottom).

I'm gonna lose the silicone piece in no time at all. @Black_Prrl, you may want to consider adding an extra one or two.

Did you read my mind when you wrote this? :p

The fingernail tab was the giveaway for me as well.

Dargin B

I just ripped the NEO and went to get some water for my wife and I. The first trip to the kitchen I scored us some cookies. Second trip I nabbed some Reece's Pieces. Finally, on my third trip: Eureka! Water! Great Job on the NEO this thing torches.

BuzzDanklin

Prrl-Labs-NEO-Vaporizer-Review-Herbal-Atomizer.jpg

NEO-Herbal-Atomizer.jpg

Dry-Herbs-in-Wood-Pipe.jpg

Ready-to-Vape-with-The-NEO-Atomizer.jpg

NEO-Vaporizer-Coil-Heat-Source.jpg

Neo-Herbal-Atomizer-with-Eleaf-iStick-Rim-C-Power-Module.jpg

Neo-Zirconia-Atomizer-and-Cooling-Fins.jpg

NEO-Heating-and-Power-Options.jpg

Prrl-Labs-NEO-with-OG-Sticky-Brick.jpg

HydroBrick-Max-with-NEO-Vaporizer-and-Whip-Option.jpg

Neo-Herbal-Atomizer-Size-Comparison.jpg

Wood-Style-Vaporizers-2021.jpg

First thoughts on the Neo Herbal Atomizer

More pictures in the post as well. I really like it and I feel like it's going to be a great device to help people make the switch from combustion to vaporization.

Dargin B

LEGIT!

My fiance instantly noticed the NEO and grabbed it (she's a Valley girl who has refused to touch my "science experiments") and called it "Elegant and Sexy". Our ritual has always been me serving up a balloon or holding the Flowerpot and she was all in on this one. It's what's I was hoping for!! Chicks dig it and the ease of use will help me bring it around to others once we rise out of the current situation. It's the closest to combusting (in a ritualistic sense) for me.

At first I was concerned when I only saw light draw videos that I wouldn't be able to get a solid hit...I WAS WRONG. This is an electric torch that won't burn your finger even when pressed to the unit.

I packed the https://hemsongoods.com/products/classic-pipe with BCG medium ~.25 close to the top (tamped) with KG Hasidic Grapes. I started with a few cigar puffs on level 5 and started inhaling after 3 puffs or so. I cashed that bowl in 3 hits.

5 stars. I can't wait to see how @Black_Prrl and team go from here.

Edit: The glow of the Neo is really fucking cool too..

Mr. Me2

VERY happy to see more Neos out in the wild.

So time to compare notes...

For me, I’m not getting tons of vapor unless I’m charring or close to it. If you’re getting good vapor, in every pull? After the starting puffs, I tend to draw very slowly.

And please keep your eye on battery life. Again for me, it’s s little challenging because how do you count? It can’t just be number of pulls because the warm up cycle has to count. I’d count a warm up as a pull. I usually do a warm up before each pull because I rarely do a session.

Having said that, the battery indicator (the small one at the bottom of the screen) shows a drop in battery life quickly, and can indicate the battery is very low after about less than 10 pulls. When I go to charge it, the charging indicator can show more life than the small one. How about for any of you? Reading Buzz’s review, he seems to be getting better battery life than me.

And I agree that the build quality and feel of the Neo is great!

I’m having fun with this guy and am very happy to have it in my collection and rotation. I have more experimenting to do (which is part of the fun), and am not terribly concerned about vapor production. I really think it’s a winner.

BuzzDanklin

Outstanding review, @BuzzDanklin! Great photos, too!

Thank you! As I use it more, I'm finding that the pre-draw puffs are super important and basically prime the heater for the long draw ahead. The more heat you need to clear the bowl, the more cigar-like puffs you should probably do before your draw.

I also tried out the silicone sleeve in my bong and it worked perfectly. The downside to using the bong/bubbler pieces is that they have a small opening usually. When you combust, the weed becomes ash and gets sucked through the hole. With vaporized weed, it kind of just melts and forms a bond together in the bottom of the hole. So no matter what, stirring will be required and I put a little screen in my bong bowl which not only stops AVB from going in but also raises the herb up so it's closer to the heater. The screen doesn't really stay in place with stirring but it helps.

I really like that it's a quartz chimney at the end so you can see the herbs, makes all the difference. Also, the red glowing ember is a great visual indicator of just how much juice the power module is putting out.

Really enjoying this guy.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Thank you! As I use it more, I'm finding that the pre-draw puffs are super important and basically prime the heater for the long draw ahead. The more heat you need to clear the bowl, the more cigar-like puffs you should probably do before your draw.

I also tried out the silicone sleeve in my bong and it worked perfectly. The downside to using the bong/bubbler pieces is that they have a small opening usually. When you combust, the weed becomes ash and gets sucked through the hole. With vaporized weed, it kind of just melts and forms a bond together in the bottom of the hole. So no matter what, stirring will be required and I put a little screen in my bong bowl which not only stops AVB from going in but also raises the herb up so it's closer to the heater. The screen doesn't really stay in place with stirring but it helps.

I really like that it's a quartz chimney at the end so you can see the herbs, makes all the difference. Also, the red glowing ember is a great visual indicator of just how much juice the power module is putting out.

Really enjoying this guy.

@BuzzDanklin, thanks so much for the thoughtful review, kind words, and gorgeous shots! Your descriptions and advice are spot on, and your writeup will really help folks get more out of their experience with the Neo. We're so glad that you're having fun with it!...

-m

Easywider

Simple is the way
Delivered! :rockon:

Just unwrapped mine and ripped a few bowls. Pairs perfectly with an 18mm Male raw, used a gong for my first bowl, TM stem for my second, and a Spiked splinter stem for my third. Pleasantly surprised by the extraction speed, in the videos I wasn't seeing what I would consider fast extraction or "big clouds" but this puppy can deliver! From nice and easy to big and breezy.

I temp stepped from 2-4 on my first bowl and hit the other bowls at max temp. I think I'd like to find a wooded pipe, lined with a spiked glass cooling stem.

Looking forward to more experiments. :science:

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
this puppy can deliver! From nice and easy to big and breezy.

@Easywider, glad that you're taking a few in the name of science! 😎 As @BuzzDanklin mentioned, priming or "stoking" the bowl with a few puffs will help drive your extraction efficiency up. It brings the whole bowl and herb up to vaporization temp before hitting it with a larger pull.

Love your idea of a wood pipe lined with a glass stem! We've messed around with a couple of designs like that, but didn't have time to perfect it. Seems promising!

@Kins and others: Our latest projection from manufacturing is that the next run will be done by New Year's day. Not what we were hoping for, but we want to make sure that they are implementing some improvements. Should be able to ship to you late in that first week of Jan.

SixStringToker

Naked member
Pairs perfectly with an 18mm Male raw, used a gong for my first bowl,
I've tried pretty much everything that I have on-hand at the moment. My best results so far have been with using the 18mm female side of a 14mm male to 18mm female adaptor:

50744479407_200c8008de_o.jpg

With that setup, I'm getting good extraction and nice clouds. ABV is quite even with no real hot spots, tho it definitely benefits from stirring.

The zirconia gets quite toasty by the end of a session; definitely too hot to hold comfortably. That's it doing its job, though. The mod itself stays cool. I have run into some thermal shutdowns where it throws up a warning and then stops firing. Repressing the fire button immediately always lets me finish the pull.

This thing rocks!

Easywider

Simple is the way
I've tried pretty much everything that I have on-hand at the moment. My best results so far have been with using the 18mm female side of a 14mm male to 18mm female adaptor:

View attachment 4407

With that setup, I'm getting good extraction and nice clouds. ABV is quite even with no real hot spots, tho it definitely benefits from stirring.

The zirconia gets quite toasty by the end of a session; definitely too hot to hold comfortably. That's it doing its job, though. The mod itself stays cool. I have run into some thermal shutdowns where it throws up a warning and then stops firing. Repressing the fire button immediately always lets me finish the pull.

This thing rocks!

Oh, that would make for a good-sized bowl! How are you floating a screen in there?

I've been enjoying a similar set up with a small bubbler and an older flower pot bowl.
IMG_6341.jpgIMG_6343.jpg

SixStringToker

Naked member
Oooooh. I didn't realize that the OG flower pot bowl has a slightly larger diameter than the shovelhead. The Neo chimney doesn't fit inside the shovelhead bowl, but it's a perfect fit for the OG. I'll give that one a spin tonight!

@Easywider, the screen is pushed down just to the point that its diameter pretty much matches the inside of the adaptor. With the ground walls, it's quite grippy. I can push it further down by making it more bowl-shaped to reduce the diameter.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
The zirconia gets quite toasty by the end of a session; definitely too hot to hold comfortably.

Just a quick tip... If the zirconia is getting too hot, try continuing to pull for ~5 secs after releasing the fire button. This will draw cool air into the Neo and cool it down fairly rapidly and prevent overheating. Also, when we've overheated, it's often an indication that there's a leak in the seal with the bowl and we have to apply more power to compensate. That may not be the case in your setup, but definitely something to check.

@Easywider, that's a gorgeous setup with the flowerpot!!

Darr1

Hi all, thought I would check in quickly see if any international orders had been received yet ? Watched my neo do a few laps of the US before making its way to London some 4 days ago !! Still no sign lol , AHH this wait:doh:

Drug

Hi all, thought I would check in quickly see if any international orders had been received yet ? Watched my neo do a few laps of the US before making its way to London some 4 days ago !! Still no sign lol , AHH this wait:doh:
My tracking says it's on its way to my country. I assume it's already arrived but stuck at customs. They've been taking their time, as is local post, so I'm not holding my breath.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
First try:tup:
Second unit goes to the @VGOODIEZ customer who gives us the best story of how my best bud took care of them with their vape needs!! This is out of my pocket to support my boy and his awesome fam for the holidays! Maybe someone could start a contest thread since I don’t know how. Shit man I been on here for years and never have! The vape and shipping is for free from me @ShayWhiteGrow, the winner is decided by mr @VGOODIEZ mrs. Whichever story touches her heart the most! If we can’t start a thread, pm me your replies. Thanks prrl labs for the NEO!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom