The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
RustyOldNail,

clueless_lurker

I got the sidecar bubbler / Mighty + from CCV during the cyber sale, but I think I still prefer this style with the Delta 3 WPA:

Hydro Tube
1639970185344.png

The sidecar seems to hit more like a sipper / water pipe (smaller diameter) and I think it's more finicky re: screwing it on to a hot device.

The hydro tube is more durable, larger diameter (more airflow/more bong-like hits) and is easier to place on and off the WPA for clearing the tube / taking a break.

In theory the hydrotube is a little more likely to fall over / off because of it's placement but that's only happened a few times in hundreds of uses...

ETA: and side car is 3X the cost re: inevitable breakage...
ETA2: I guess the biggest plus of the side car is a much lower chance of accidentally getting the oven wet.

YMMV

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I got the sidecar bubbler / Mighty + from CCV during the cyber sale, but I think I still prefer this style with the Delta 3 WPA:

Hydro Tube
View attachment 15405

The sidecar seems to hit more like a sipper / water pipe (smaller diameter) and I think it's more finicky re: screwing it on to a hot device.

The hydro tube is more durable, larger diameter (more airflow/more bong-like hits) and is easier to place on and off the WPA for clearing the tube / taking a break.

In theory the hydrotube is a little more likely to fall over / off because of it's placement but that's only happened a few times in hundreds of uses...

ETA2: I guess the biggest plus of the side car is a much lower chance of accidentally getting the oven wet.

YMMV
That's what I use, but dry. Better flavor, less hassle than with water.
Yes to the open air flow.

And btw, welcome to FC!

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
I haven't tried it, but the simrell MVS seems like it would cool well with the sprial condenser, and still be very portable unlike the bubbler options. And the Rogue Wax Works makes some more budget friendly spiral condensers as well, not sure which one fits the mighty though. Paging @RogueGuy

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I haven't tried it, but the simrell MVS seems like it would cool well with the sprial condenser, and still be very portable unlike the bubbler options. And the Rogue Wax Works makes some more budget friendly spiral condensers as well, not sure which one fits the mighty though. Paging @RogueGuy
To my mind, adding things to the c/u for cooling is redundant.
When cleaning the c/u (dis-assembled) all that of reclaim we see is vapor never delivered, condensed during the cooling. So, I like methods that eliminate the c/u, typically adding a small amount of glass. I also have an inline bubbler that is about 1/2 the size of the one pictured just above. Again, I don't use water in them.

But really, for taking out and about, we tend to just use stock c/u for the ease of it.

andrew`124c41+

no problem. happy to help if I can. Troy @ 420 vapezone likes the da vincis: https://420vapezone.com/davinci-new-iqc/

there's a lengthy thread here about vaping @ different temperatures; the upshot (last I checked) is that the compounds that vaporize at higher temps are the ones that are more sedating, so you'd (theoretically) be getting an 'edited' version of a strain by not vaping at those higher temps. I've experimented a bit, but it's hard to differentiate between being less sedated b/c you vaped less (duh) vs. not having vaporized those sedating compounds. my MO these days is to load on the generous side, keep the temps as low as possible while still delivering plenty of vapor, then taking 2-3 hits at the top temps, including a 'purging' one after I shut it off. that (mostly) avoids nasty-tasting hits, and those last hits are huge.

if you watch online vaping videos, there's definitely a fetish for 'money shots' of ginormous clouds; it's amusing (to me), but not particularly relevant, since my main concerns are not coughing and good flavor.

wispy clouds don't generate clicks I imagine...
The whole vaping temp business is more complicated. The charts people refer to are at a near vaccum. The true boiling point of THC at 39 mm hg...that is normal atmospheric pressure at sea level is actually unknown.

In all likelihood, THC probably degrades prior to reaching a BP at normal pressure.

One theory suggests that what happens in practice, is that THC forms an aerosol and rides along on the vapor of other constituents like Terpines.

Using my G Pen Dash at the lowest temperature gives rise to something invisible. I don't see any cloud in my WP which is distinct from say a vape cartridge. When I run one through a WP I do see a cloud.

How about a miniature microwave vaping device? :-)

My attempts to use a 445 nm Class IV laser rated at 7 watts of optical power unfortunately result in conflagration...old fashioned smoke.

In a pinch, a powerful magnifying glass and sunlight ought to do the trick!

I wonder what they use up on the ISS? (Hey, don't light any matches!)

Gonz

I also got a Mighty+ last week. What a device...I LOVE IT! I've had a Mighty since 2017, a little bit over 4 years now. Lately my old trusted Mighty started to fall apart. Some of the top plastic parts keeping the CU in place were gone, lots of cosmetic damage here and there, maybe the device would need to be opened and deep-cleaned to give it a full maintenance but I'm a blind user and not sure if I would succeed alone...And alone I definitely would be since the herbs I use in mine are mostly illegal here and the usual help I get for these matters come from people who don't need to know :).
Still, despite this all, my old device works almost like new. This reliability is something I really appreciate in vape products.
I feel the price of the Og. Mighty is "high-ish" but OK...The price of Mighty+ is imo a bit too much considering it's the same unit up-to-date. Then again, I still paid the price and would do it again if I had to. With MIghty+ I have this "cheap procuts are not for the poor"-feeling. I paid for a product that is of best quality and most likely will last longer than many of the competitors...

Well comparing + and Og:
I never thought faster heat-up time would mean anything to me...When using my old Mighty it doesn't...I'm used to waiting the heat-up...Then again, now that it happens faster, it doesn't hurt and I notice that I'm enjoying this feature much more I thought I would.
The same goes for the Mighty vibrating sounds. The old ones were kind of "unneccessarily loud". The sounds (vibrations) in Mighty+ are lower in volume and feel more "personal" and discreet. The vibrations still tell me when the Mighty is ready even among a crowd of shouting people.
- I have a feeling that the ceramic bowl in + is a little bit easier to keep clean.
- The only real downside is charging...It's great to finally have USB support but charging without a decent charger (which imo is the real benefit of USB) takes ages. I don't have a USB-c charger yet but it's something I'm gonna get even though it raises the price tag even higher. I feel that the price would be fair (whateer that means, haha) if the fast charger was included in €398 I paid for mine.

I've read most of this thread but not everything...Sorry if this has been discussed already but has anyone had luck using a 3rd party USB-c charger with Mighty+? What's the best option?
The vape shops here in Finland don't yet have the Mighty+ fast charger and they tell me they're not gonna get them very soon...Any tips for this?

Try charging it with your PC. That should make charging a bit faster

Gonz,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again

The problem I’ve run into with my stinger (I love it so much I put it on everything at least once) is it generally gums too quick. The twist condenser gathers a lot of honey and pretty much requires daily or e/o day cleaning. I have replaced it in most applications with a simple glass nipple Dyna stem from POTV and am much happier with the results, including on my Mighty+ (if I use an attachment).

I also got a Mighty+ last week. What a device...I LOVE IT! I've had a Mighty since 2017, a little bit over 4 years now. Lately my old trusted Mighty started to fall apart. Some of the top plastic parts keeping the CU in place were gone, lots of cosmetic damage here and there, maybe the device would need to be opened and deep-cleaned to give it a full maintenance but I'm a blind user and not sure if I would succeed alone...And alone I definitely would be since the herbs I use in mine are mostly illegal here and the usual help I get for these matters come from people who don't need to know :).
Still, despite this all, my old device works almost like new. This reliability is something I really appreciate in vape products.
I feel the price of the Og. Mighty is "high-ish" but OK...The price of Mighty+ is imo a bit too much considering it's the same unit up-to-date. Then again, I still paid the price and would do it again if I had to. With MIghty+ I have this "cheap procuts are not for the poor"-feeling. I paid for a product that is of best quality and most likely will last longer than many of the competitors...

Well comparing + and Og:
I never thought faster heat-up time would mean anything to me...When using my old Mighty it doesn't...I'm used to waiting the heat-up...Then again, now that it happens faster, it doesn't hurt and I notice that I'm enjoying this feature much more I thought I would.
The same goes for the Mighty vibrating sounds. The old ones were kind of "unneccessarily loud". The sounds (vibrations) in Mighty+ are lower in volume and feel more "personal" and discreet. The vibrations still tell me when the Mighty is ready even among a crowd of shouting people.
- I have a feeling that the ceramic bowl in + is a little bit easier to keep clean.
- The only real downside is charging...It's great to finally have USB support but charging without a decent charger (which imo is the real benefit of USB) takes ages. I don't have a USB-c charger yet but it's something I'm gonna get even though it raises the price tag even higher. I feel that the price would be fair (whateer that means, haha) if the fast charger was included in €398 I paid for mine.

I've read most of this thread but not everything...Sorry if this has been discussed already but has anyone had luck using a 3rd party USB-c charger with Mighty+? What's the best option?
The vape shops here in Finland don't yet have the Mighty+ fast charger and they tell me they're not gonna get them very soon...Any tips for this?

-- M

For anyone looking for an affordable rapid charger I got the below off Amazon (was 11.99 when I got it, has gone up slightly) and it works fantastic with my Mighty+

Hydro Tube
View attachment 15405

YMMV

Do you find yourself overpowering the heater at all with that tube? Also seems like a miss to not make that sidecar a recycler, a little drop tube off the stem back into the can would vastly increase the utility of such a small sidecar IMO.

clueless_lurker

Do you find yourself overpowering the heater at all with that tube? Also seems like a miss to not make that sidecar a recycler, a little drop tube off the stem back into the can would vastly increase the utility of such a small sidecar IMO.
Have not noticed overpowering the heater, though I'm typically a 165C/175/185/195 cycle user.

I thought I read that keeping it <200 was best for battery longevity and while I've noticed a slight decrease in power over 2 years, I still get around 4 dosing capsules from each bar...

JoeMama

To my mind, adding things to the c/u for cooling is redundant.
When cleaning the c/u (dis-assembled) all that of reclaim we see is vapor never delivered, condensed during the cooling. So, I like methods that eliminate the c/u, typically adding a small amount of glass. I also have an inline bubbler that is about 1/2 the size of the one pictured just above. Again, I don't use water in them.

But really, for taking out and about, we tend to just use stock c/u for the ease of it.
Hey there, VapViking, how the heck are ya? Hope you had a nice Christmas and things are smooth and good with life.
Been looking at the Mighty+ lately... been using the VLeaf GO and Hopper for well over 2 years as my drivers at home; I usually take oil carts when I go out. Interesting that you use glass without the water, that's what I do frequently; just use the glass path to give it time to cool the vapor.

I'd love to hear your top 3 tips, likes, or gripes about it if you're so inclined?

Happy New Year and Here we go again.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey there, VapViking, how the heck are ya? Hope you had a nice Christmas and things are smooth and good with life.
Been looking at the Mighty+ lately... been using the VLeaf GO and Hopper for well over 2 years as my drivers at home; I usually take oil carts when I go out. Interesting that you use glass without the water, that's what I do frequently; just use the glass path to give it time to cool the vapor.

I'd love to hear your top 3 tips, likes, or gripes about it if you're so inclined?

Happy New Year and Here we go again.
Hey, Joe! been a while, I'm fine, thanks, surrounded as we all are by general weirdness, the new normal.

Mighty has been a part of our small arsenal for five years or so (no + for me, I bought a new og earlier in this year). Its get almost zero use around here as a one-person vape these days, I like it for its' ample bowl size when sharing with my wife both home and on the road. It is reliable as fuck in terms of vapor production (brief dial in period for a given strain, but...). Taste very good, but not like a Hopper or even a Go if you go easy with that one.
I know that lots of folks reduce bowl size with capsules or small load with a screen place atop, but for us, other vapes are better suited for that.

Cleaning the Mighty c/u is not difficult, but it is a bigger chore than keeping a Hopper or a Go clean. Great battery life in a Mighty (and +), no fucking with swapping, very safe in that regard. But conversely, you can't swap the battery as you can in a lot of vapes now.

I'll write about some alternatives in a PM.

Merry Everything and Happy Always

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Loving Mighty+ a little more every time I use it. I have a small issue with dosing caps getting stuck closed, and occasionally stuck in the unit. I know it's all about keeping things clean. I don't use a screen in the cooling unit, and a quick swab, once or twice a day of the unit and over, keep things pretty clean [between cleanings], but sometimes there is a little build up. I had to soak a batch of stuck capsules in alcohol, then dig out the ABV. I guess for $13, I could just throw away.

My bigger issue using the unit plugged in with my 45 watt charger, I invariably get the 004 error message - OVERHEAT. It will cool down in a few, but I'm sure this can't be good for the unit or battery, and I can't use it. Any ideas here?

One last thing on dosing caps. I like to pack pretty tight, like .2 or so. With this type of pack, I can use up a bar or two on one cap. No real complaints, as this is comparable to my other fave right now [evo with elbow pack of about .2].

Thanks In Advance
OPH

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had to soak a batch of stuck capsules in alcohol, then dig out the ABV. I guess for $13, I could just throw away.
That sounds like a pita!

Heat can be our friend in this game.
Capsules are less likely to get stuck in chamber if you remove them while still warm. And never put one in upside-down! (I know in og Mighty they would really wedge in there when pressure applied from c/u screen)

Likewise, they will open more easily if warm; I suggest opening as you likely normally do (in batches), and if you hit one that's really stuck, warm it a little in the Mighty and try again.

Though I don't use them much these days, I've had capsule last for years of use with some regular cleaning (iso alcohol soak and brush, then rinse).
I think capsules "wear in" and are actually easier to open after a few uses, so I prefer to re-use, not simply buy new.

TastyClouds

Loving Mighty+ a little more every time I use it. I have a small issue with dosing caps getting stuck closed, and occasionally stuck in the unit. I know it's all about keeping things clean. I don't use a screen in the cooling unit, and a quick swab, once or twice a day of the unit and over, keep things pretty clean [between cleanings], but sometimes there is a little build up. I had to soak a batch of stuck capsules in alcohol, then dig out the ABV. I guess for $13, I could just throw away.

My bigger issue using the unit plugged in with my 45 watt charger, I invariably get the 004 error message - OVERHEAT. It will cool down in a few, but I'm sure this can't be good for the unit or battery, and I can't use it. Any ideas here?

One last thing on dosing caps. I like to pack pretty tight, like .2 or so. With this type of pack, I can use up a bar or two on one cap. No real complaints, as this is comparable to my other fave right now [evo with elbow pack of about .2].

Thanks In Advance
OPH

On my OG Mighty cleaning is just swabbing the CU down when its hot and that normally leaves it almost totally clean. Ill do a full clean and bowl tune-up every 3 to 6 months.

As far as preventing the ERR 004, there are a few things you can try..
First is to leave it plugged in and use it while the battery is already full, so that the battery charging feature doesn't produce more heat. This way it will heat with pass through power only.

Second, is to try and extract as much out of your herb at a lower temp for as long as you can, then (brieflyl) blast it with higher temps to finish it off but then drop it back down to a lower temp as soon as possible. Having it just chillin' at high temps for long times will obviously contribute to the error and its pretty easy to do while vaked, so its something to be aware of.
Sometimes ill even step outside into the cold just to cool it down, even if for a minute that will take some off the heat load.

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Thanks so much @TastyClouds , I love my mighty to death, even got a 10 foot usb-c cable to use with my charger. At first I was kind of intimidated by it, anticipating a real problem. Now I realize, I can control heat with your very intelligent suggestions.

I've also just started swabbing things daily, and do a deep cleaning every few weeks, if not more.

I'm at 356, full charge, plugged in, and no 004 for two full cycles. Very cool. I just got a belated Christmas present, especially important since my crafty usb crapped out, and I've been too lazy to return.

I also have a brand new Evo, that I'm learning. Great combo, but sometimes, I just want sip on my Mighty.

Thanks so much!!! I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Petetbay

i’d go for one of these for a +.

Top Bottom