The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
it is truly the Rolls Royce of vaporizers.
I think Marcus would prefer "Mercedes Benz of vaporizers", plus I think you'd get less blowback here because, well, there are some other excellent vapes now - some not even made of plastic!
Nonetheless. I'm still a Mighty lover, too, especially for sharing with my honey.

My style and preferences don't really go to milking a bowl or capsule to darkest abv. Wife and I are on the same page with this, once the taste goes south (depends on material as to how long this might take) we're done, even if "clouds" are still happening (time for a refill!). Between lousy taste, more coughing and the distinctly diminishing returns, I don't want to put my lungs through it.

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
You know, I don't really care about blowback, it's just a simple expression. I'm more interested in learning ways to get the most out of this device than worrying about hurting someone's feelings with a simple observation or metaphor, but thanks for the advice.

OldPotHead,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You know, I don't really care about blowback, it's just a simple expression. I'm more interested in learning ways to get the most out of this device than worrying about hurting someone's feelings with a simple observation or metaphor, but thanks for the advice.
I'm sorry, I think you misinterpret my attempt at humor. Not trying to give you advice, just to modify your metaphor in a funny way.

As for getting the most out of the device, does that, for you, include looking occasionally for big hits? Have you used anything other than the standard cooling unit/mouthpiece yet? There is a lot to explore there.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
As for getting the most out of the device, does that, for you, include looking occasionally for big hits? Have you used anything other than the standard cooling unit/mouthpiece yet? There is a lot to explore there.
Agreed!
@OldPotHead - have you tried covering herb with the concentration screen yet?
I find it gives me the biggest effects, although it does use up herb faster than without it. It also keeps the cooling unit much cleaner.

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
I apologize for misinterpreting @vapviking, I've tried a whip and J hook, neither experience compared to stock cooling unit, but I'm open to try other stuff. I'm a sit back and chill guy when it comes vaping, lots of glass parts and such is too much work for me, and ruins my chill.

The CU does get dirty fast, but I've got a dedicated space / desk for cleaning, and I'm finding if I do it often, it's not so bad. I've also picked up an extra kit. I'm using a crafty+ as a back up while charging, or for a out and about [also use carts for out and about]. I find the Crafty+ [older one I just got from puff it up at $100 off] is kind of awesome, except for the short battery life. It's almost as if you'd need three craftys to equal a mighty.

I just love the caps, and how much you can pack in each, and still stretch out the session. Not a lot of fuss for lots of vaping time.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've tried a whip and J hook, neither experience compared to stock cooling unit, but I'm open to try anything. So you know, I'm a sit back and chill guy when it comes vaping, lots of glass parts and such is too much work for me, and ruins my chill. The CU does get dirty fast, but I've got a dedicated space for cleaning, and I'm finding if I do it often, it's not so bad. I've also picked up an extra kit. I'm also using a crafty+ as a back up while charging, or for a out and about [also use carts for out and about]. I find the Crafty+ [older one I just got from puff it up at $100 off] is kind of awesome, except for the short battery life. It's almost as if you'd need three craftys to equal a mighty.
We're each on our own path and all that; here's some of my current use-thoughts.

The cooling unit does a great job of making vapor tolerable.
Last few years I've noticed that vapes with a draw as from as from a straw (like a whip, or even the standard mp) can tend to increase my acid reflux. I tend towards a more open draw for this reason and others.
My current preferred use for Mighty is with wpa and a simple inline bubbler, dry. Water is a hassle, robs flavor, is not necessary. I usually buy the bubblers on ebay for 15-30 bucks, they break occasionally. More open and cooler draw (means bigger hits are an option) and there is far less cleaning ritual overall; every now and then rinse the wpa and glass with alcohol, water, done in 2 minutes. Where does all that honey oil go? It is delivered as vapor, not condensed in a c/u.
For travel/car, we always use c/u, it's so easy.

I understand the chill and maintaining the good buzz (attitude), but I think I'm more or less suggesting a trade-off, less fuss with the cleaning swapped for handling the glass & wpa (nicer hits!). I have my own lines in the sand - no big ol' bongs around here!
Aside- Every vape I've had has come with a certain stigma attached - that I'm definitely no longer the hippie with joint, pipe or chillum -- shit, Mighty looks more like a hand grenade!
Incidentally, I recently tried a medium length j-hook on the wpa and it was not cool enough for my liking, and a little harsh.

20211113_053104.jpg 20211113_053040.jpg

Last edited:

blackstone

I read once that some people like to do short cigar puffs on Mighty or they do MTL, maybe that's with a full bowl as a long pull would be way too dense? I always do long pulls with these vapes but I don't pack them very full.
Maybe it works both ways.
The faint clicking sounds when close up to the Mighty+ are likely from a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) heating control, i know this can occur in PWM fan speed controls (I doubt there's a fan in there now?), but it's probably a PWM type heat or power control that emits an audible, square wave type sound.
And I checked the manual about a timer, it says the Mighty+ now shuts off on a timer three minutes after last button input or application (inhalation?). And maybe it senses draws better now too and that's why I don't notice any timer.
I believe the last OG model was two minutes with some complaints, and the very first models were set to one minute with many complaints about that always shutting down!

I love, love, love it.

This is also EXACTLY and ALL i thought to post on FC about the Mighty+ the other night, as I was on an outdoor waterside adventure in darkness and moonlight, loading, and later reloading capsules. Man alive it was so easy, fun, tasty and powerful, that I was beaming with enjoyment.
The worst that happened was I dropped one spent capsule at my feet once! Otherwise just beautiful plain sailing!
And again, tonight in a cool Autumn garden, just to lazily sit back with gloved hands and sip through a bowl, boosting the temperature now and then and really getting the flavor and strength. No worries about grind, pack, moisture level, stirring, large glass assemblies, scorching, holding buttons, hurrying to finish, battery type, make, model and voltage etc etc! Just to lay back and spend some time letting the beautiful vapor heal your soul!
I'm vaping since 2015 and always wanted to have a high powered, fuss-free portable, the best if possible, and I really am done searching and delighted with this now, thanks!
The rest of the vapes and makers can sorta do what they want for a number of years now, as I've got mine!!

Mr420

I also got a Mighty+ last week. What a device...I LOVE IT! I've had a Mighty since 2017, a little bit over 4 years now. Lately my old trusted Mighty started to fall apart. Some of the top plastic parts keeping the CU in place were gone, lots of cosmetic damage here and there, maybe the device would need to be opened and deep-cleaned to give it a full maintenance but I'm a blind user and not sure if I would succeed alone...And alone I definitely would be since the herbs I use in mine are mostly illegal here and the usual help I get for these matters come from people who don't need to know :).
Still, despite this all, my old device works almost like new. This reliability is something I really appreciate in vape products.
I feel the price of the Og. Mighty is "high-ish" but OK...The price of Mighty+ is imo a bit too much considering it's the same unit up-to-date. Then again, I still paid the price and would do it again if I had to. With MIghty+ I have this "cheap procuts are not for the poor"-feeling. I paid for a product that is of best quality and most likely will last longer than many of the competitors...

Well comparing + and Og:
I never thought faster heat-up time would mean anything to me...When using my old Mighty it doesn't...I'm used to waiting the heat-up...Then again, now that it happens faster, it doesn't hurt and I notice that I'm enjoying this feature much more I thought I would.
The same goes for the Mighty vibrating sounds. The old ones were kind of "unneccessarily loud". The sounds (vibrations) in Mighty+ are lower in volume and feel more "personal" and discreet. The vibrations still tell me when the Mighty is ready even among a crowd of shouting people.
- I have a feeling that the ceramic bowl in + is a little bit easier to keep clean.
- The only real downside is charging...It's great to finally have USB support but charging without a decent charger (which imo is the real benefit of USB) takes ages. I don't have a USB-c charger yet but it's something I'm gonna get even though it raises the price tag even higher. I feel that the price would be fair (whateer that means, haha) if the fast charger was included in €398 I paid for mine.

I've read most of this thread but not everything...Sorry if this has been discussed already but has anyone had luck using a 3rd party USB-c charger with Mighty+? What's the best option?
The vape shops here in Finland don't yet have the Mighty+ fast charger and they tell me they're not gonna get them very soon...Any tips for this?

-- M

blackstone

I also got a Mighty+ last week. What a device...I LOVE IT! I've had a Mighty since 2017, a little bit over 4 years now. Lately my old trusted Mighty started to fall apart. Some of the top plastic parts keeping the CU in place were gone, lots of cosmetic damage here and there, maybe the device would need to be opened and deep-cleaned to give it a full maintenance but I'm a blind user and not sure if I would succeed alone...And alone I definitely would be since the herbs I use in mine are mostly illegal here and the usual help I get for these matters come from people who don't need to know :).
Still, despite this all, my old device works almost like new. This reliability is something I really appreciate in vape products.
I feel the price of the Og. Mighty is "high-ish" but OK...The price of Mighty+ is imo a bit too much considering it's the same unit up-to-date. Then again, I still paid the price and would do it again if I had to. With MIghty+ I have this "cheap procuts are not for the poor"-feeling. I paid for a product that is of best quality and most likely will last longer than many of the competitors...

Well comparing + and Og:
I never thought faster heat-up time would mean anything to me...When using my old Mighty it doesn't...I'm used to waiting the heat-up...Then again, now that it happens faster, it doesn't hurt and I notice that I'm enjoying this feature much more I thought I would.
The same goes for the Mighty vibrating sounds. The old ones were kind of "unneccessarily loud". The sounds (vibrations) in Mighty+ are lower in volume and feel more "personal" and discreet. The vibrations still tell me when the Mighty is ready even among a crowd of shouting people.
- I have a feeling that the ceramic bowl in + is a little bit easier to keep clean.
- The only real downside is charging...It's great to finally have USB support but charging without a decent charger (which imo is the real benefit of USB) takes ages. I don't have a USB-c charger yet but it's something I'm gonna get even though it raises the price tag even higher. I feel that the price would be fair (whateer that means, haha) if the fast charger was included in €398 I paid for mine.

I've read most of this thread but not everything...Sorry if this has been discussed already but has anyone had luck using a 3rd party USB-c charger with Mighty+? What's the best option?
The vape shops here in Finland don't yet have the Mighty+ fast charger and they tell me they're not gonna get them very soon...Any tips for this?

-- M
Great to hear you're enjoying the device too.
Some people are buying an aftermarket power supply with a socket so you can replace the lead if that part wore out and went faulty.
(Specifications for the passthrough charger are that it must be a USB-C PD (Power Delivery) type charger capable of at least 45 watts or 3 amps @ 15 volts)
The Storz and Bickel power plug has the lead attached permanently but this could last fine for a number of years and usually they offer 20% off everything for 4/20, and Black Friday, which is coming soon.
So if you timed it right you would get the plug for €19.96 rather than €24.95.
EU Orders of €40 or more qualify for free standard shipping.
That was what I planned to do but the speed of charging doesn't bother me too much yet. I use the 2.4 amp Crafty USB charger, and I think if you use 2 amp or less it will slow the process even further.
So meanwhile check that you're using the highest output USB-A socket that you have.
Hope this helps!

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Great to hear you're enjoying the device too.
Some people are buying an aftermarket power supply with a socket so you can replace the lead if that part wore out and went faulty.
(Specifications for the passthrough charger are that it must be a USB-C PD (Power Delivery) type charger capable of at least 45 watts or 3 amps @ 15 volts)
The Storz and Bickel power plug has the lead attached permanently but this could last fine for a number of years and usually they offer 20% off everything for 4/20, and Black Friday, which is coming soon.
So if you timed it right you would get the plug for €19.96 rather than €24.95.
EU Orders of €40 or more qualify for free standard shipping.
That was what I planned to do but the speed of charging doesn't bother me too much yet. I use the 2.4 amp Crafty USB charger, and I think if you use 2 amp or less it will slow the process even further.
So meanwhile check that you're using the highest output USB-A socket that you have.
Hope this helps!
Good to know about Black Friday deal, might pick up some spares

Green Kiwi

except for the short battery life. It's almost as if you'd need three craftys to equal a mighty.
THIS. I think you are spot on with that observation.
I think, even though, they use the same batteries, the one in the Crafty is on its one to the job of powering a quite powerful heater, and because of that it has to work it's poor skinny (ha Skinny remember?...)lonely ass off.
This generates heat, this heat is lost energy.

(I'll post shortly a nearly 300 hour review in the Crafty+ tread......and in that I will tell you my crafty operated hotter and hotter just after the 250 hour point, and now it died, temp fuse on the battery ,so I will putt in new temp fuse and battery, see if that brings the girl back to live.,Than I will post.I really enjoyed her size for being on the go and flying under the radar looks of it , to other peeps it's looking like a normal nicotine vape.)

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
What makes the + so great is not just the longer battery life, but the fast charging, which makes it very practical to use all day. Even so, I do integrate with Crafty, as well as other old standby's, which handle some of my daily workload.

OldPotHead,

Shorner

After years ofconsideration I finally ordered an OG mighty for around 180 €, which I think is quite a good deal. Mighty+ would've been around 300 €, but I guess those basically two new features (faster heat up time and ceramic coating) aren't worth 120 € imo.
You forgot the better looks and usbc also improved screen.

Shorner,

Pharoh

That looks like a really good deal.
You will like the Mighty. I've tried them all and still reach for Mighty...The dosing capsules are a big +

It doesn’t but it stands on its own with no need for stands.
No need to stand it up...I just lay it down....

The pile of ground flower that you can pack into a capsule IS truly amazing. I'm going to try dropping a small amount of concentrate in as well. I amazed you can shut down and restart without missing a beat. With on strain I was able to start at 340. Current strain I'm starting at 350. I use the arrow buttons to bump up temp when I get a vibration, or I just let it shut down for a couple of minutes [depends on my natural flow, which I try to LET happen].

Endless fun with Mighty... it is truly the Rolls Royce of vaporizers.
ABV is a waste of time...Just use fresh product...

Toivarita

999 Forever
What makes the + so great is not just the longer battery life, but the fast charging, which makes it very practical to use all day. Even so, I do integrate with Crafty, as well as other old standby's, which handle some of my daily workload.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I didn’t see increased battery life or increased battery capacity marketed anywhere. I remember being surprised that they were not able to increase battery life on the New Mighty+ compared to a Mighty. I might be wrong, can anyone confirm?

Toivarita,

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I was on the Austrian Hemp Expo last weekend and go the new Mighty+
for 318€ (20% off...guess there will be the same offer at s&B direct for BF)

Feels def. more refined vs. the old OG unit and the fast heat up is also a plus !
Saving on the accesoires (No (fast) Charger, no grinder, no capsule magazin..) AND raising the price on the other hand does leave a bit of a sour taste IMO.
I already thought while seeing the intro for the MIghty+ the first time that it kinda reminds me of apple
now i know its the same for the price tag :D :D :D

Also that it writes "SLO" while charging on old USB ports is kinda offending...like
"You had the 398 for the unit....but couldn afford the 25
for the fast charger LOL"

Still, at the end of the day its my most used vaporizer by far just bcs of its flexibility and durability and i love it, even though i would love it more if the raised the temp by 5° to 215c but hey...maybe ob the Mighty ++ ^^
I also got a USB-C cable and can fast charge the Mighty on my Laptop now, Homeoffice is just getting better and better :D :D :D

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
After owning and operating the Mighty+ for about a month or so, I feel like I'm ready to give a real review.

For perspective, I'm a long time pot head [obviously], heavy user, been vaping [vs smoking] for about 10 years, most recently settled back on the Arizer line up. I guess I just got bored, and dove into S&B when the Plus came out.

First, I love the dosing caps. They load quick and easily, and you really don't need all the fancy stuff [even though I got it all]. I do use the 4 capsule key ring thingee. And it's nice to have lots of new empty capsules on hand. I decided to a quick weight check on how much I can load in each one, and it's about .2g, which is heavy for micro dosers, but the load will STAY FRESH, for multiple rounds [or sessions for some].

What I lacked initially was the ability to flow with the unit. It will heat up and vibrate, but you can still stay in control of the timing of each hit. You don't have to respond to every buzz, let it shut down, it'll heat up in seconds. In this way the battery life, weed efficiency, are all extended, as is your control of effect. Which brings me to the next subject.

Effect is off the chart. The ease with which this piece of equipment can extract vapor is astronomical. There seems to be a true combo of convection and conduction, but somehow when the convection stops, so does the conduction, allowing the goodies to hang like ripe grapes on a vine, waiting for the next inhalation. I'm getting more out of my product than I ever have.

While battery efficiency isn't spectacular, it takes a powerful oven to do what the above paragraph describes, the key to strength, taste, and just about everything good. Having the 45 watt fast charger [and a spare crafty], solves this issue. I also find I get the overheat error message if I push it while charging. It disappears in a few, but I no longer use it while charging.

I can usually go through [8] or so .2 caps in a day, and I couldn't be happier with ease of use. I find if I clean often, it's a simple job, but I do have lots of extra stuff. All in all, I'm very happy with this unit for effect, taste, ease of use, not too bad for portability around the house.

blackstone

What I was noticing most about my Mighty+ the last while was a really good taste of the load that lasts well into the session. I don't know if this one is actually better than their other portables, or if it's just that I'm getting so tuned into the taste from using these style vapes for 5 or 6 years!
Oh and yeah, the effects are great!! And the battery is (obv.) way better than Crafty if you are away from home or seshing at a friend's.

Anyway, the Mighty+ has made it into a new Tech Crunch Gift Guide of "9 high-tech smoking devices"
They said the Dynavap is their go-to, and that the Mighty+ is the best vaporizer available.
There is some good background info on each product and company,
And there is an AI driven grinder!:cool::whoa:

Petetbay

I ordered a couple of these gold-plated SS dosing caps to try. 3rd party produced I believe not S&B. More bling is what we need in vapes, maybe diamond studded next, just don’t scratch that bowl.

Last edited:

condition

I regret buying those gold-ish capsules, the don't fit properly like the aluminium ones and are not flex at all . One time in the dark I place it upside down and after session tried to remove it and the cap of the capsule stuck at the bottom of aluminium cylinder of Crafty+ and remove it only with pliers

Top Bottom