The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Kins

That’s true, but the “any day” due release part is latest news actually. 2 years of speculation but Mr Bickel himself stated it was being released shortly. The fact is that he said that before the festivities and everybody thought it would have been launched for Xmas 2020.
If interested there’s a video link about the exact moment he speaks about M+ in one of the last few pages post.

Yeah I saw that video, he just mentions it but doesn't give one detail.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
General question about Mighty;
I know from use and (according to S&B) that Mighty will work when plugged to AC, even when batteries are depleted.

As mine is old and the case is coming apart I'm considering making it into a plugin something-or-other. Maybe eliminate the stock chamber in favor of glass and stem, more like a Splinter or Milaana type thing.

Does anyone know (definitively) whether Mighty will run on AC with batteries completely removed? or would I have to leave space for them in a re-designed housing?

tdriver

I know from use and (according to S&B) that Mighty will work when plugged to AC, even when batteries are depleted.

As mine is old and the case is coming apart I'm considering making it into a plugin something-or-other. Maybe eliminate the stock chamber in favor of glass and stem, more like a Splinter or Milaana type thing.

Does anyone know (definitively) whether Mighty will run on AC with batteries completely removed? or would I have to leave space for them in a re-designed housing?
to do this you need some electronic skills to choose and add a bridge rectifier and smoothing capacitor to get DC from the "AC".
(maybe some more components to make a even saver circuit )
other than that, if the required watts are available it will work! (on DC though)

tdriver,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
to do this you need some electronic skills to choose and add a bridge rectifier and smoothing capacitor to get DC from the "AC".
(maybe some more components to make a even saver circuit )
other than that, if the required watts are available it will work! (on DC though)
I though I'd use all existing parts, the board, screen, controls, heater, etc, just new housing and different bowl?
Isn't the charge adapter sending DC already?

tdriver

I though I'd use all existing parts, the board, screen, controls, heater, etc, just new housing and different bowl?
Isn't the charge adapter sending DC already?

yes, it sends DC, but maybe not enough to supply power continuously without batteries.
if the required power from the charger is marginal, it won't last long. a bigger (more amps) power adapter would be best.
just try it out ,and if the charger gets too hot and/or fails get a bigger power supply. e.g. 12V/5amps.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
just try it out ,and if the charger gets too hot and/or fails get a bigger power supply. e.g. 12V/5amps.
Great suggestion, thanks.
I'm not quite ready to sacrifice the still-working Mighty, but maybe sometime soon.
I'm left to wonder whether, in case design, if I leave batteries out altogether, would unit power on? Guess I'll have to try it to find out.

vapviking,

tdriver

Great suggestion, thanks.
I'm not quite ready to sacrifice the still-working Mighty, but maybe sometime soon.
I'm left to wonder whether, in case design, if I leave batteries out altogether, would unit power on? Guess I'll have to try it to find out.

if batteries are removed, it may not start with just power to the charging port.
you would need to connect power where the batteries were connected.

Some-new-user

I did read somewhere someone hooked a Mighty/Crafty heater up to a 510 mod box. Not sure how that would work out? Combustion? I guess if you let your mighty totally run out of charge plug it in to your wall wart and see if it immediately lets you turn on and heat up. Wouldn't be a 100% tell though. Wall wart is 12v 3a = 36 Watts (Power - Voltage x amps), as stated above maybe a wall wart with more amps output. This would prevent the issue of the Mighty drawing too much power and melting the supplied wall wart. As tdriver mentions above there may be a protection circuit to tell if the batteries have failed or are present. I don't think it's impossible but needs more investigation.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I like this adaptor from Delta 3D. Delta 3D also has specific Mighty adaptors, but I like this one because I can use it with so many different devices.
20181209_122523__36810.1544381378.1280.1280.jpg

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I prefer Deltas V3 Mighty adapter, because it eliminates the c/u. Also allows for inverted use.

There probably is no "best" bubbler for Mighty, but I can say you don't need a huge bong to cool your hits! Lately I've been using an in-line type bubbler, but dry.

I have that adapter, I was asking @macbill a specific question.

RustyOldNail,

blackstone

I've thought about it and wondered if it could be achieved by connecting a secondary voltage to the battery terminals, so the circuit thinks it sees fully charged batteries.
I had some nice rough ideas on how to house it all too, down to attaching an original CU or WPA. But I was gonna stick with the stock chamber.
The standard 3A charger is perfectly able to run the 36watt heater and that's what it does when plugged in.
When switched on, a Mighty will activate the overload cut out feature of 1 Amp and 2 Amp chargers in my experience. So it is drawing 3A from the standard one in use.

blackstone,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've thought about it and wondered if it could be achieved by connecting a secondary voltage to the battery terminals, so the circuit thinks it sees fully charged batteries.
I had some nice rough ideas on how to house it all too, down to attaching an original CU or WPA. But I was gonna stick with the stock chamber.
The standard 3A charger is perfectly able to run the 36watt heater and that's what it does when plugged in.
When switched on, a Mighty will activate the overload cut out feature of 1 Amp and 2 Amp chargers in my experience. So it is drawing 3A from the standard one in use.
The housing on mine is coming apart, so the next time it is opened may be its last. I hesitate to open it up to fool around without a little more knowledge about it. If I could, I'd start by unplugging batteries from the board, plug it in to power and see if it runs...

Some-new-user

Stop 🤣 I've got a chip in the top of my first Mighty. Nearly 3 years old now. I'm holding out for the update as I have another Mighty and a crafty+. You're tempting me to open up the chipped one and put something together. Maybe if it totally dies at some point. I like to have that peace of mind.

blackstone

Had a quick look and found a listing for a Mighty+ Medic and it has a PZN number, 16616803 (German Pharma registration number), it was on a pharma wholesale type page.
There appears to be a button where you choose what pharmacy you would like to collect it at!
No price, photos, or other info, and the listings for the last Mighty Medic, and Medic Volcano 2 all look just the same.
The PZN numbers of the early Medic models must have been updated not long ago, because those numbers used to be around the 129xxxxx ranges (now 156xxxxx) which shows some time did pass till the registration of this newest model listing.
I could find no other info by searching.

Screencap:
Screenshot-2021-02-12-00-53-56.png

Tl;dr, we might see a Mighty+ Medic first, and we need a German person with medical card to do us a favor over there!

Gribble

Had a quick look and found a listing for a Mighty+ Medic and it has a PZN number, 16616803 (German Pharma registration number), it was on a pharma wholesale type page.
There appears to be a button where you choose what pharmacy you would like to collect it at!
No price, photos, or other info, and the listings for the last Mighty Medic, and Medic Volcano 2 all look just the same.
The PZN numbers of the early Medic models must have been updated not long ago, because those numbers used to be around the 129xxxxx ranges (now 156xxxxx) which shows some time did pass till the registration of this newest model listing.

Screencap:

Tl;dr, we might see a Mighty+ Medic first, and we need a German person with medical card to do us a favor over there!
I don't live in Germany any more but I gave it a whirl just to see. There aren't any pharmacy options in Stuttgart, Berlin, or Munich. My takeaway is that this page is currently a placeholder.

blackstone

I don't live in Germany any more but I gave it a whirl just to see. There aren't any pharmacy options in Stuttgart, Berlin, or Munich. My takeaway is that this page is currently a placeholder.
That makes sense, and that whole section could be for future use. It's still interesting how they have that new title and PZN number maybe it was just from early documents, or from actual retail packaging.
If they are making placeholders for a medic version around now, a 4/20 release might be plausible for a rec version (or both models).
Or Green weekend as S&B call it, with 20% off everything.

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer

Screencap:

so we have confirmation of a mighty+ that may see a 2021 release ? that is great to hear

Top Bottom