The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
Ya it' replaceable.. But if you are OCD like me then use the caps. A little of the good stuff goes along way. If you pack in the bowl itself it will eventually get dirty and the brown ring will appear lol. I remember when I had my first one it sucked getting it and never getting it off. So for me on my second mighty it's strictly caps only lol. Trust me you pack that mighty full and you will be rocked
. If that' what you want then give her. But a light session is a capsule lightly packed and topped off with an old cu screen.

Well said @Bomb 33, I had the same thing happen with my first mighty, I would load my herb directly in the heating chamber (bowl) and vape away. My heating chamber would get dirty quite frequently and the browning would not go away. With my new Mighty I strictly use the caps, my chamber remains always clean. I cut out two screens for the caps, one in the bottom of it and one inside the top lid so that it minimizes any AVB in the heating chamber.
Enjoy the Mighty, she packs a nice punch!:tup:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@dave123 and @Bomb33,

Guys, we're not supposed to post back to back posts if we can help it; our over-worked mods just go around fixing them!
If you're still within the time limit (several hours or even more, maybe 6 hrs?), you can use the 'Edit' option at the bottom of your previous post, and just add your further thoughts, etc., to that post. Then hit 'Save Changes'.

Some-new-user

Yeah dave get your mighty fired up already. We're waiting to find out how you enjoy it. I really doubt you will be disappointed.

For some reason distilled water is difficult to find in the UK. It is sold in some shops as 'ironing water' double check that there's nothing else added.

I'm not 100% sold on the caps. They seem to taint or diminish the flavour for me a little although very good advice about the heating chamber. I enjoy the liquid pad but it has scratched my chamber wall. I would also take any opportunity to keep this clean as I have seen some pics of very dirty ovens.

I really love my mighty. It was my first 'real' vaporizer. I'm sure once you dive in you'll love it too

dave123

When Dave turns on the machine:clap:, a light will come on over his head and everything will be clearer.:rofl:

Well never a truer word.

The light is on !

Guys ive not been medicating all week and its sent me a bit divvy

Ive just hit the mighty using a dosing capsule and OMG.

Im absolutely baked already and the vapour this thing produces is insane.

I only took about 6 hits and im feeling fully medicated already.

What temps do you recommend for best taste?

Was getting that roasted taste after 3 hits at 180 Celsius

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

Really? I find that 365*F/185*C on my unit is just right to make the flavour last through the whole session. Though I don't use the capsules so I'm not sure how they effect conduction. It could be that the herb that is in contact with the metal is heating up faster than the rest of the load and degrading prematurely. Try lower temperatures and go gently at the start to let the whole load heat up.

Some-new-user

Sorry dave I'm going to post in Fahrenheit here.

I find myself using a few methods

For flavour I start low possibly 330-340.

For an instant hit I'll start around 375 depending on my mood I will then either leave it at that till there doesn't seem to be anything coming out. Sometimes I start at 375 to get things going and then take the heat down.

I don't really have a standard method with any vape, I think it depends a lot on the strain you are using and how dry that is. I have been storing my bud in am airtight container with a bodiva pack to try and keep it at optimal humidity. Had experience with too dry herb and also damp herb and the bodiva gives a goldilocks moisture level for me.

People say start high and work your way down. I think this means more of trying to find your own optimal temperature rather than the same bowl like I mentioned above. I'm still new to all this but I think the aim is to get a balance between flavour and cloud production.

The lower temperatures will give you nicer flavours for longer but the clouds won't seem as big and if you're coming from a combustion background and you're expecting to see 'smoke' psychologically you'll want to go higher, when you get used to this and find yourself chasing the flavour/turpentines you will go lower for sure.

I almost always finish my load off at max temperature- with s&b products anyway. It seems like there is 0% chance of combustion especially as this is a medical approved device. I feel like I'm losing out on certain components if I don't do so. Maybe just because I'm tight/thrifty

For me this has made weed fun again. I was always in to science when I was young - this is a whole new definition of experimenting with drugs.

Glad the light came on for you and glad you're not disappointed. Now sit back and have some fun with your new toy and check back in to let the rest of us know how you get on.

Last edited:

rodders83

I go right in with double screened capsules and 3 hits at 210c or max and im done. To be honest i find the fourth too whispy but yeah the capsules are so badass i have to daily driver this thing and i have a spot of oil on the top ceramic bit frim the easyflow lol i cleaned it a few days ago and now another tear drop is almost at the end of the 18mm. And when it gets to the bottom it gets sticky so beware of that.

Anyways capsule two time i still dont get the hits i want from one i think i need a portable plenty.

rodders83,
Reactions: BigJr48

Some-new-user

I go right in with double screened capsules and 3 hits at 210c or max and im done. To be honest i find the fourth too whispy but yeah the capsules are so badass i have to daily driver this thing and i have a spot of oil on the top ceramic bit frim the easyflow lol i cleaned it a few days ago and now another tear drop is almost at the end of the 18mm. And when it gets to the bottom it gets sticky so beware of that.

Anyways capsule two time i still dont get the hits i want from one i think i need a portable plenty.

Rodders is this 3 hits with a full capsule or are you making your own capsule Micro dose with those screens? I'm expecting much more than 3 hits with a full capsule. Think I got about 7/8 pulls stepping the temps with a capsule and liquid pad

Some-new-user,

darbarikanada

I agree with Some-new-user: the answer depends on the strain. I start @ 165ºC, go up in 5-10º increments after 2-3 hits @ each temp. some strains produce clouds and taste @ 165, but others don't give it up until 185º.

taste is almost always better at lower temps. assuming you're not determined to get every last burnt-popcorn hit out of your bowl, you can even stop before getting to the highest temps. if you read about tailoring the high using temperatures, there seems to be some consensus that the cannabinoids that vaporize at the highest temps that are most sedating, so (in theory?), stopping a bit before the bowl's maxed out might give you a less sedating high - and taste better too.

I'm not a capsule user, but people seem to think they add conduction to the mighty's usual conduction-convection mix, so if you're getting the roasted taste that quickly, try starting at a lower temp. I personally really like those first few low-temp hits; it feels like you got nothing, but - usually on the exhale - you get a mouthful of pure flavor.

another thing that might help: don't vape the second it reaches the target temp; wait ~ 30 sec. this allows the weed to 'cook' a bit, gives bigger hits. it also might help (along with lower temps) solve your 'roasted taste' issue.

rodders83

Rodders is this 3 hits with a full capsule or are you making your own capsule Micro dose with those screens? I'm expecting much more than 3 hits with a full capsule. Think I got about 7/8 pulls stepping the temps with a capsule and liquid pad

Just normal caps with screens somtimes my 4th can be dense maybe you can pack more and maybe your homegrown?

I buy uk street trash so it would depend on bong size for hit exhale time and thc content. I try to exhale and empty my lungs and inhale for 9 seconds and if you google the roor bubbler thats 3 maybe 4 big rips.

I never start below 210c ever i find i need that relaxing feeling from higher temps and can smell roasted but somtimes i swear i smell roasted chicken!? Anyone in the uk high enough to smell that walkers roast chicken smell? Note to Americans these would be Walkers potatoe chips. :)

rodders83,

kaisersosay415

Just got a used mighty. One of the cooling fins on the rear. The first row of fins. The crack is on the fins that are on the heater. Will this effect performance. I believe I read that this was common problem. In the older units. I got it for a steal so I’m not trippin. Just wondering if it will be a problem down the road.

kaisersosay415,

Some-new-user

@rodders83 ahhhh you're using a bubbler. That makes a lot of sense now. 3 hits is probably a good amount from something like that.
I'm getting some pretty decent buds from a few trusted 'vendors' - wish life was much more simple. I feel like the mighty does a good job no matter what you throw in but does seem to bring out the best in quality gear. I was a spliff guy till a few months ago 80/20 mix with tobacco (ish) the flavours I get from my mighty doesn't even make me the least amount of jealous when I'm with mates and they're smoking. I'm the one thinking that they are missing out, plus what a waste, all that avb gone up in smoke! Saying that I went to a wedding last week and had booze for the first time this year - nearly caved but had prepared a capsule before I left. Nice way to finish the evening, mighty with a cup of tea is a winner - nicely lubricates my throat. I sometimes feel like the vapours strip some humidity from internal walls (mouth & throat) perhaps I'm more sensitive in that area as I previously thought?

Walkers are known as lays anywhere else in the world which I just Googled and it seems like they are owned be Pepsi Co or at least were. Go figure. Remember to balance out all those harmful nasties they put in our food with some nice medication and if you're planning on getting munchies have an extra bowl for good measure. Dr new user's professional opinion ;)

Some-new-user

Morning @dave123 it's awesome isn't it. :) this thing gave me giggles like when I first started smoking when I first tried it. Just sat there laughing at myself like a crazy person. I love hearing new first time experiences with this thing.

Interesting that you have a solo. I'm wondering if the efficiency of the mighty is why you were tasting the roasted flavour after a few hits. Any chance of a brief comparison of the two? I'm more thinking length of session, flavour, herb consumption and level of effects.

When I decided enough was enough for tobacco/combustion I thought 'get the best' I had had a few cheap vapes flowermate and Nokiva they were disappointing and seemed to need charging when I came to use them. Having said that the Nokiva lasted a hell of a lot longer session wise with a smaller amount *this uses much higher temperatures 420-435 I'm thinking now that this could be close to combustion or even giving me vapours that I don't really want*

The mighty really was a game changer for me, I really wasn't disappointed and won't go back to smoking now. I've definitely saved myself the cost of the mighty in herb alone before we even account for tobacco. I was initially concerned/confused about the session length- never really got to the point where no more vapour was being produced with the cheap guys but never disappointed with the effects of the mighty-i never got anywhere near the hit of the mighty with the cheaper vapes I'd say a 3/10 hit wise.

Mighty gets a 10/10 for me in terms of hit, I just feel like the flavour could be a little better. I also looked at the davinci iq but read a few issues with that plus the mighty is by the guys who do the volcano - that has a reputation of being the best desktop and is built like a tank. One thing I like about s&b is the range of accessories and shares.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wow. Morning guys.

Last night my new toy whipped my ass.

Compared to my solo this thing rips you a new one. There's no comparison The mighty is a beast !!!

Tried the honey bubbler out and went night night . Never been so stoned

What a peice of kit.

I notice there aren't any early morning ????'s Dave!

I fucking Aytoadaso!

btw, put the stand back on. Not good to let this thing fall over, except maybe on your bed!
Much easier loading as well.

Last edited:

rodders83

@rodders83 ahhhh you're using a bubbler. That makes a lot of sense now. 3 hits is probably a good amount from something like that.
I'm getting some pretty decent buds from a few trusted 'vendors' - wish life was much more simple. I feel like the mighty does a good job no matter what you throw in but does seem to bring out the best in quality gear. I was a spliff guy till a few months ago 80/20 mix with tobacco (ish) the flavours I get from my mighty doesn't even make me the least amount of jealous when I'm with mates and they're smoking. I'm the one thinking that they are missing out, plus what a waste, all that avb gone up in smoke! Saying that I went to a wedding last week and had booze for the first time this year - nearly caved but had prepared a capsule before I left. Nice way to finish the evening, mighty with a cup of tea is a winner - nicely lubricates my throat. I sometimes feel like the vapours strip some humidity from internal walls (mouth & throat) perhaps I'm more sensitive in that area as I previously thought?

Walkers are known as lays anywhere else in the world which I just Googled and it seems like they are owned be Pepsi Co or at least were. Go figure. Remember to balance out all those harmful nasties they put in our food with some nice medication and if you're planning on getting munchies have an extra bowl for good measure. Dr new user's professional opinion ;)

It was in my opinion made for extracts think about how more thc in that tiny chamber now goes longer. It gives better taste and it saves bettery life.

Most people do not get to use the mighty to full potential because its laughably illegal. And to think like you this time two years ago i drank and i smoke and i was a worse person. Now i too am free of alcohol and smoke for 2 years now.

In short its good like dave found out its impressive even u can fill a massive bubbler.

rodders83,

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Curious about which side y'all prefer the mouthpiece to be on.

Left side and the screen faces into the palm during use - kinda sneaky I suppose.

Right sight and the screen faces out but access to the power and temp button.

I'm finding myself paying more attention to which way I put the cooling unit on so I can have the mouthpiece on the right.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Curious about which side y'all prefer the mouthpiece to be on.

Left side and the screen faces into the palm during use - kinda sneaky I suppose.

Right sight and the screen faces out but access to the power and temp button.

I'm finding myself paying more attention to which way I put the cooling unit on so I can have the mouthpiece on the right.
You messin' with us?
Gonna depend on which hand you pick it up with, no?
Sorry to make your decision even more difficult, but...
you may be over-thinking this.

I do tend to give some consideration, like, if driving the car (U.S. orientation! On the right!) at night, I try not to let the display light shine out the window, regardless of which hand is holding Mighty. :hmm: I suppose that's mouthpiece on the left, but I would still cover the light with my palm, so , either way, again it's back to which hand gonna hold the thing. :whoa: And the more I use the Mighty the more confusing it all gets. :doh:

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
You messin' with us?
Gonna depend on which hand you pick it up with, no?
Sorry to make your decision even more difficult, but...
you may be over-thinking this.

I do tend to give some consideration, like, if driving the car (U.S. orientation! On the right!) at night, I try not to let the display light shine out the window, regardless of which hand is holding Mighty. :hmm: I suppose that's mouthpiece on the left, but I would still cover the light with my palm, so , either way, again it's back to which hand gonna hold the thing. :whoa: And the more I use the Mighty the more confusing it all gets. :doh:

Wasn't even thinking about ambidextrous usage.

You're right, that's a whole other variable.

I tend to go with a R hand hold, but do switch it up.

Mind blown. Too high for this.

Still kinda curious though if anyone has a preference.

I do prefer a finger on the power button to prevent those auto offs

Top Bottom