The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

hardware

Hey there!
Planning on changing the batteries on my mighty, been searching but haven’t found anything concrete among the 600 pages and was hoping to get some help from all of you smart folks regarding the choice of battery.
Planning on using Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh - 10A (3.7V Lithium Cell 18650) - Witch as far as to my knowledge should work flawlessly, am I right in my research? Only thing I could think of that could be an issue is the charging current.. but shouldn’t be an issue right? :huh:
Ps also planning on changing the battery on my crafty+ :wave:
Cheers

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Hey there!
Planning on changing the batteries on my mighty, been searching but haven’t found anything concrete among the 600 pages and was hoping to get some help from all of you smart folks regarding the choice of battery.
Planning on using Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh - 10A (3.7V Lithium Cell 18650) - Witch as far as to my knowledge should work flawlessly, am I right in my research? Only thing I could think of that could be an issue is the charging current.. but shouldn’t be an issue right? :huh:
Cheers

You should PM @JCat. I think he still sells the Crafty batteries pre soldered, and would probably be able to answer your other questions. Good luck!

Green Kiwi

Hey there!
Cheers
Yes These work in the Mighty, have used them myself, and they work still well after replacement 1,5 years back.
In another Mighty I put 3250mAh ,10a. around 3,5 years back. They are still 90% healthy is my estimate , so long lasting if you look after them. temperature wise and so ford.
I am not sure about the Crafty +(I own and cherries one myself to:cheers:.)but I think J-cat uses a 15a for that.sorry to lazy to go back to that tread right now, just got my first Pfizer jab.Cheers

hardware

You should PM @JCat. I think he still sells the Crafty batteries pre soldered, and would probably be able to answer your other questions. Good luck!
Thanks for the tip. Will pm him :)Too bad I live in the EU otherwise his pack would be easy to install with a bit more A’s than what the standard wiring harness is able to manage.

Yes These work in the Mighty, have used them myself, and they work still well after replacement 1,5 years back.
In another Mighty I put 3250mAh ,10a. around 3,5 years back. They are still 90% healthy is my estimate , so long lasting if you look after them. temperature wise and so ford.
I am not sure about the Crafty +(I own and cherries one myself to:cheers:.)but I think J-cat uses a 15a for that.sorry to lazy to go back to that tread right now, just got my first Pfizer jab.Cheers
Wooho awesome! Thanks for the input. Just ordered 3 of those so will give it a go on both devices so they last until even after the Mighty+ is released. Nice with extra devices you can have spares or give to a needing friend.
Yeah I thinks so too, but I believe if I remember correctly from what I’ve read that he uses his own created harness to be able to use a battery with more A’s as the original harness doesn’t support that high of A’s. Also asked in the Crafty thread, hope and crossing my fingers it’s good to go with the same battery.

Also, has any of you polished the mighty or crafty with a Dremel in the oven? Been thinking about it for a while and it seems like a good idea, but very unsure as this might release particles from the material that might not be that healthy to heat up.

Green Kiwi

Also, has any of you polished the mighty or crafty with a Dremel in the oven? Been thinking about it for a while and it seems like a good idea, but very unsure as this might release particles from the material that might not be that healthy to heat up.
Ha , yes I also have done that, upside-down ,and with a strong suction hose (6mm) connected to vacuum cleaner to make sure no flint and or dust or aluminium goes into the heater bellow .
Makes it looks brand new and also makes it soo smooth that you bowl stays cleaner after the polishing is done.:science::2c:.
I also like sharing devices with friends in need, it's the best thing you can do with your old ones, while you couldn't help yourself and bought a new one that possibly had 1 new cimmic like boost or increased turn off time , etc......🥴😈.

Have fun brother , there are very good tutorials nowadays on this topic. and in my own experience it safes money by watching them first instead of afterwards ...........:2c::cheers:.

stonedmallone

I've been doing a lot of traveling over the past few months. And I have lugged around a lot of my vapes, even big ones like the Volcano. I am once again on a trip and instead of bringing tons of vapes, I just took the Mighty and a Dynavap. Well, they were a great compliment for one day until my torch conked out (I think I filled it wrong maybe idk). But regardless the point is, the mighty is really all i need. Sure it was always nice to have all those options but I don't think it's worth the hassle. It's just so effortless, the battery is great, you get baked if you just rip a bunch of bowls... Mighty is like a fine wine, my opinion on it only gets better with age. Cheers!!

Maddmoe

Strickly ole School........
agreed. I know the two are completely different, but was so surprised at how much quicker the PAX3 heated up when I got it the other day.
I just got a Pax 3 for the first time the other day also and still learning it but so glad i at least have had my Mighty now for a few months because i can tell its far superior......

I just got a Pax 3 for the first time the other day also and still learning it but so glad i at least have had my Mighty now for a few months because i can tell its far superior......
I have since moved on from the PAX3 to the Davinci IQC and it is a game changer, completely agree tho, my Mighty will always be my utility master. I got a wpa for it a few weeks ago and wowow

vapviking

Old & In the Way
knows someone when the new Mighty + release ? does it need some time ?
There have been some photos leaked, so it must be close, but folks have been saying that for a long time now.
I've seen speculation that there may be something holding it back. Chip availability? Labor issues?
I went with the sure thing and replaced mine with an og a few months ago...

MGG

• 30% faster heat-up
• Significantly improved runtime
• New, slick design for optimized grip and feel
• Improved housing material
• Super-Boost: Triple-pressing power button gets you to max. temperature of 210°C (410°F)
• Improved electronics and optimized circuit board
• + 1 year warranty upon registration

November announcement for... oh wait I'm just reading out the Crafty +

Expect the same for Mighty +
This won't be a major leap, just further improving what already works.

cliffhanger1

• 30% faster heat-up
• Super-Boost: Triple-pressing power button gets you to max. temperature of 210°C (410°F)

I heard something like that before. not really new or not a really other Vapor experience i think.
I had the OG Mighty which I sold quickly because cleaning the cooling unit is too complicated for me and because there are too many parts.

I don't think it's good that it can only go up to 210 degrees.
I only have a little interest because I get a Storz and Bickel vaporizer for free from my health insurance company.

Maybe I should take the new Volcano and sell it right away. Because the previous one didn't convince me either. but he costs more ;)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was thinking I should finally send this pig in since the screen is entirely unreadable, but apparently they have a notice now on the S&B site specifically mentioning screens being excluded from the warranty. I guess I never paid much attention to it cause I figured I could just send it in under warranty.

"Parts subject to wear such as batteries, screens, and similar are excluded from the warranty."

So, I guess that settles that. :rofl:

I mean, even the screen on the iPod I used back in High School still works fine

Oh well, back to the graveyard ya go. :wave:

edit: Honestly I'd probably send in my beat up old Classic for a diaphragm revival before bothering with the Mighty screen.... I've actually been kind of wanting a bag hit again for its unique way of soothing the head... :leaf:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
perhaps they meant the steel mesh "screens?"

Dang I never considered that, hopefully you’re right and I’m just jumping to stoned conclusions.

Now finding the original invoice for it to attempt an RMA is going to be my next mission.... 🧐🧐 I assumed it would just pop up in my email, but I’m not having so much luck!

• 30% faster heat-up

lmao sounds about what I was picturing tho, hard to improve much on the mighty IMO outside of battery life and a different cooling/mouthpiece situation
Dang I never considered that, hopefully you’re right and I’m just jumping to stoned conclusions.

Now finding the original invoice for it to attempt an RMA is going to be my next mission.... 🧐🧐 I assumed it would just pop up in my email, but I’m not having so much luck!
i did an RMA on my Volcano for a broken switch and was so satisfied with the process, for just under $70 USD i got the switch replaced, all new screens in the device and a new filter. Was relatively quick as well, you should consider it harder

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Definitely wire mesh screens as I have had 2 units replaced under warranty for hard to read LCD screens with no questions asked as it is a common Mighty problem and one of the main reasons I don,t bother owning a Mighty anymore...hopefully the + will also have Bluetooth to at least have a backup to that useless LCD:2c:

Top Bottom