• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

seriousTone

Yeah it's kind of annoying that they won't update the damn thing, or even come out with anything new besides the pico.

I mean yeah it works and I like it - but I'd never actually choose to use the thing as a daily driver out and about anymore.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
All I know is my LB is my only device and has been for 13 months, it's sees constant use by my wife and I plus a number of our Tai Chi students. Today 6 students were using it for instance since 3 of them showed up and thier fancy /expensive vapes either needed charging or were simply on the fritz. We train outdoors year around, today was windy, snowing and in the 20's. My LB has outlasted 3 different expensive vapes one of my neighbors has had in the last year . He ordered a LB today before leaving class after his 350 dollar vape wasn't working. No muss, no fuss, they just work no matter the temperature, wind or getting dropped.

vapirtoo

K.I.S.S.- Keep it simple stupid!
Some of us gravitate to the no switch, no button, no fuck up kind of devices, and the LB shines in that.
I've heard friends say," is that a school science fair thing?" until they learn how to hit it.
Oldie but goodie!

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
K.I.S.S.- Keep it simple stupid!
Some of us gravitate to the no switch, no button, no fuck up kind of devices, and the LB shines in that.
I've heard friends say," is that a school science fair thing?" until they learn how to hit it.
Oldie but goodie!

Yep, I see it as future proof, I have plenty of batteries a great charger/reconditioniner. EMP or solar flare fries all the gadgets? Not my LB.

Choices

As I’ve mentioned in this thread before, @TommyDee provided (made) me a adapter to use my MFLB with a 510 box mod. I use a Vaporesso Target Mini Two with it as my power source. Run it in wattage mode at anywhere from 11 to 15 watts. It is sooooo much better than using AA NiMH cells and frankly with this setup takes up less space than trying to carry around 2 or 3 batteries. Now that I’m done “working for the man”, perhaps I’ll make good on the promise I made to myself to see if I could make some of these adapters myself. @TommyDee and @scy123 where are you?😄

Choices

Moin,
Is there a reseller in the EU?
Would like to buy the
Magic Flight Box.
I found one here. I have no idea how reputable this online shop is so keep that in mind. My guess is that it is older stock so don’t be surprised if you need newer batteries as well.

Choices,

kendon

Says not available though. I had luck finding two in the last half year on ebay, for about 35€ each (used of course, one almost new, the other rather heavily used but still fine).

kendon,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Choices

Says not available though. I had luck finding two in the last half year on ebay, for about 35€ each (used of course, one almost new, the other rather heavily used but still fine).
Strange. I’m in the States so perhaps this has something to do with availability? I can go all the way through to check out in fact…

Choices,
Reactions: vapirtoo

kendon

Upon further inspection it says "shipping time: not available", no idea what that means though. Sorry for the confusion.

kendon,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Let's do a design that doesn't need a screw in the LB.

20200201_162837-jpg.11935

Build Link

For those working on a solution to a 510 adapter - I realized that anything but copper contacts to the stainless rails of the Launch Box causes significant heat at the contact's junction. Also note that the copper slug in the middle, in this case, draws the adapter into the battery port of the launch box. This help ensure the connection on the tip has a little spring force against the positive rail.

One thing I have noticed - the ID of the negative stainless steel loop varies in the Launch Box. We will need to get a consensus of what diameter we should settle on.

This mod was made with less than a $1 worth of parts. A copper tube and some pennies - some drilling and shaping. The sacrificial tank was on the Vaporesso Target Mini 2 (VM22). The connection on the other end of the center pin is seated in a gold-plated cup. Managing high current in this setup is easy.

Last edited:

ScyOne

Let's do a design that doesn't need a screw in the LB.
Wasn't this your design before I came in and taught you how to make them wirelessly like my stuff? Did you forget I actually taught you how to make it.
48920953957_b87b5653dd_k.jpg

Let's do a design that doesn't use cheap printed plastic and needs 2 hands to hold and you never even got it to work.

ScyOne,

ScyOne

I explain you the basic concept of how to make it. It's like a recipe, if I didn't supply it you wouldn't have known how to make.

See how easy and legit my stuff was to make?

ScyOne,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I didn't need an explanation! I needed a mod that would activate with the LB. You pointed out the Vaporesso Target Mini 2. That is the extent of your help to me. Now you are back on ignore since changing your screen name.

ScyOne

No way you would have been able to make them wirelessly if I didn't tell you how it worked. I only knew how to make it like that cause of my knowlege of how ecig tanks worked.

You engaged me lmao.

ScyOne,

ScyOne

And therefore I will leave it at simplicity wins out over tech on my side (cell solution) but I am wholly jealous of those that can design and define a box mod solution that will essentially just 'work' on the LB. Not the MD, but the LB.
Is the cell solution still winning?
You didn't answer the question though... Are you preferring a mod or cell solution?
Did the cell solution win? or did that person choose to go with the mod?

Also, before I posted about the adaptor, I read over half a dozen other attempts at it, so I knew it was gonna work the whole time. I acually had to bust a nut explaining how well it was gonna work to you the whole time. Which is why I am upset you trying to steal my thunder.

sorry, I didn't mean to double post on purpose but I still have no idea how to edit with quotes.

Last edited:
ScyOne,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Anyway ... I hope someone can make something of this. @Choices - let us know what direction you are thinking of producing these.

...and no, I am not engaging for the sake of this sub. I am all in for making this work for the rest of us. @ScyOne is welcome to help if he can or is willing. He is an early adopter of this technique but there has been other contributions since. There is no IP here. I converted the Vaporesso VM22 tank, documented it, shared an actual build to show it works, and that is that. @ScyOne is on ignore just like his removed Scy123 avatar was. Contribute or watch. No bitching in the Magic Flight sub!

Top Bottom