• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
jeffp,

vapirtoo

I've been hitting some unnamed homegrown that keeps its tremendous taste through
multiple hits. Usually the taste goes off after the second hit, but this shit keeps
pumping the taste until I'm shitfaced, five plus hits in.
I've also been using the jetpack to good effect except that it gives no warning
red light that it is losing power. The thing just goes dead.
I've also noticed that the jetpack has been discontinued!?
It is no longer being offered on their web page.
Oh Boy! WTF!
Strong fresh batts are so much better and easier.
Batts for my new boxes; Jetpack, PA for my old (non lid lock)
original box. These dinosaurs will never die!

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Thank you for the tips, using high grade instead of the brown weed I used to get in Florida has changed the cleaning needs drastically. The brown would easily combust and my box always needed cleaaning. I'm going to guess I put 150 trenched through it since the first of December. I gave the rails a ligbt cleaning ISO at about 125 trenches. I will try my nail on the rail while its warm.

Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Wow, congrats! This looks awesome and I'd be very interested in trying one.
IIRC you have recently posted a pic in the Dreamwood Glow thread, but since there was just the pic I thought they were some kind of prototypes Dreamwood was working on. Now this makes me wonder... they were "your version" on the Glow, right?
And by the way, your wood working skills are great!! :tup:

bardad

Hello,
I'm very glad you were interested, it was a challenge for me if it would work for me ....
I tried and owned a couple of vaporizers: dynavap, alpha, mflb, airgo, but I always enjoyed mflb the most.
but I was terribly bothered by the flashlights, as one has to press it hard, the impossibility of setting the power.
I recently discovered Dreamwood Glow and the whole e-cigarette scene, which I didn't understand much before, and I enjoyed making my own cauldrons there. also because the next day I used the original kettle cracked, the wood shrank when heated and I pushed harder ..... moreover, I do them universally so that they allow both micro-dosing, the original dreamwood system, and something similar to mflb, I put the herb in a cauldron, I can set a gap between the stem and the sieve and I can shake it.
then of course I realized that mflb is more conditional and I came across a thread here on a man who connected mflb to mod and my enthusiasm resulted in a weekly dyi madness and my two prototypes were created ....
I'm not an electrician and I only have a drill and a saw, so that corresponds to the result. it doesn't stick here and there, and it has either little or a lot of resistance, I'm still finding out what it means and whether it bothers me .... but so far it works great, nothing went wrong and I didn't fire the light inside the mflb.
Sure it could be done better in every way, but the joy of my DIY is above all.
the reward is also great taste and freedom of pulling mflb combined with extremely long battery life, the ability to increase performance and overall comfort of control of the entire system.
so I'll see where it takes me, I only have it as occasional bouts of diy, otherwise I do other things ....
David wishes a lot of enthusiasm for discovering new things
sorry for english - translator

bardad

Hello,
I made another prototype.
combines the advantages of mflb:
-conduction- the herbs are heated mainly on a sieve and do not burn,
-the contents of the chamber can be evenly evaporated by shaking,
-larger amount of herb -excellent and strong taste,
-free way- minimal resistance to inhalation,
-antication to heat up and inhale the collected steam after a while,
-large variability of personal preferences
-grinder of mflb can be used

and advantages of the dreamwood convection vaporizer:
-convection heating by air flow through a spiral under the sieve
-real incredible battery life
-Super user friendliness control mode
-relatively discrete size
-possibility of setting power and all the advantages of battery mode
-Simplicity, minimal production costs and environmental friendliness of the product-wood, no plastics
-convection and the possibility of combinations of evaporative cooling with air under the atomizer or in the chamber or on the mouthpiece
-possibility of diy - spirals, design, material, size, microdosing

You can still research the shape, length and diameter of the spiral for the power-to-battery ratio. But I'm not an electrician, so I don't know anything about it.
here i used kanthal wire, diameter 1mm and it gives a resistance of about 0.20 and it works great around 20-40wat. I can use a finer mesh for the sieve, but I don't have any. here i used two steel strainers over each other and it works. the spiral does not heat up extra power and produces heat for convection and at the same time heats the sieve-conduction.

so far it works fantastically, it is possible that over time I will come across some disadvantages. if I don't reckon that it counts on some small dose of the learning curve, then I don't see the disadvantages yet.
I don't know how much some kanthal and steel crap can be released, but since in this case they both don't get as hot as dreamwood, so I'd say it probably won't get any worse ....

if you are interested or have some personal experience, I will be happy for your feedback ....

let's all vaporizing people come together
david

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Any feedback on the new PA or Jetpack reliability ? Or if tbere is a better option I am certainly interested. I'm debating adding some sort of water filtration and figured a power upgrade might complement the set up.

Babylon Drifter,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Herbal Ant

I bought these a few weeks ago and really enjoy the stronger output - https://www.ebay.com/itm/202228849860

Exactly, and it sometimes makes me yearn for the strains of old.
Is today's high end cannabis really that much better than the best stuff that we had in the '70's?
I guess so but I remember beautiful visual cascades with eyes closed in my friend's teenage room from "Columbian."
Hey jeffp, I have decided to take my MFLB out of retirement, but it's been a while so all my batteries are junk. Even my power adapter isn't working which is very sad. You still enjoying those stronger batteries? Ever accidentally combust with them?

I found a killer deal on EBL 2800 batteries factory direct. 56 batteries were 22 bucks delivered! Also found a Ryot Axe pack on Amazon to carry everything for 29.99 marked down from 99 bucks. Ive never been so organized or stoned. MFLB just rocks.
Damn MilesHigh, that's a lot of batteries lol. Did you receive them yet? They work ok?

Sorry for the double post, I couldn't figure out how to edit another reply onto my first post or delete it and start over. :doh::shrug:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey jeffp, I have decided to take my MFLB out of retirement, but it's been a while so all my batteries are junk. Even my power adapter isn't working which is very sad. You still enjoying those stronger batteries? Ever accidentally combust with them?
Hey Herbal Ant, no I've never combusted with those batteries. They're just a tad stronger, but it makes a difference.
To be honest I haven't used my MFLB in months since i took my vapman out of retirement and my recent purchase of a stickybrick runt which gets
most of my attention. In fact, rotating between both of these pretty much voids my desire to use my desktops.

vinnyzan

Damn MilesHigh, that's a lot of batteries lol. Did you receive them yet? They work ok?

Sorry for the double post, I couldn't figure out how to edit another reply onto my first post or delete it and start over. :doh::shrug:
Have you tried emailing customer service about your power adapter? Any time I've had an issue with anything they replaced it at no cost.

Pretty awesome customer service, some one over there shreds the ukulele :rockon:...I know this because at one point they were plugging one of their songs in their signature at the bottom of their emails.

Herbal Ant

Have you tried emailing customer service about your power adapter? Any time I've had an issue with anything they replaced it at no cost.

Pretty awesome customer service, some one over there shreds the ukulele :rockon:...I know this because at one point they were plugging one of their songs in their signature at the bottom of their emails.
I tried to message them on here, but I will email too I guess. They do have amazing customer service, helped me out a few times in the past. Can't remember if I ever heard them shred the Ukelele though. :lol:

Top Bottom