• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The MFLB was my first. I marveled at how efficient she was and how little visual vapor she produced but still made me happy. I bought her extra batteries, a PA that still works, a UFO and we went everywhere together. She was very quiet and unassuming and often nobody knew she was even with me.

Then I met the Solo and stopped giving her as much attention. The Solo was so much more exciting and outgoing that eventually I stopped hanging out with the MFLB. Until one day I ran into the MFLB and got those old feelings again but when we got back together it wasn't the same. Worse yet, being around her irritated me now, (I couldn't use the MFLB without getting an almost asthma like affect).

Good times.....

@LSDzhd - I never used iso - I would heat it till the screen almost glowed and then scrape lightly. Some gunk would accumulate on the edges but it would scrape off easily once it got that hot and as it cooled it scraped even easier in chunkier pieces.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
@LSDzhd - I never used iso - I would heat it till the screen almost glowed and then scrape lightly. Some gunk would accumulate on the edges but it would scrape off easily once it got that hot and as it cooled it scraped even easier in chunkier pieces.

I remember reading mflbninja's guides on reddit. If I remember correctly his instructions were to heat up the MFLB, dip the brush in iso, wipe the screen and finally keep it on until all the iso has evaporated. I mean it worked well enough, just not after 3 years or so.
Oh, and there was also the resin build up under the screen. No way to clean that one (besides scraping some resin with a paperclip on those 'dry' days 🤣🤣)

Farid

A simple change that would improve the mflb massively would be if the circular hole (the big one which in which the trench is housed) went all the way through the box. Then there could be a metal or glass insert under the trench that could be removed for cleaning from the bottom.

The Maud dib had a metal base similar to this, but it could not be removed, as it was installed from the top, before the rods were inserted during manufacturing.

But if they did this they'd have to move their "love is..." poem to the side of the box

Blood420

It has been almost 10 years since I bought my first mflb (and almost 9 years since I last posted on this site!). It's great to see that this thread is still alive. It's amazing to see the mods that people have come up with, but it's also slightly frustrating to acknowledge that power draw is STILL a problem :D

Do I still love and use the lb? Yes I do! I'm still a smoker (don't judge) and I only use the lb when I'm at home by myself, and always use it with the PA.
A few pages ago, somebody mentioned that they only want to use the box as it was originally intended - without mods or PA. Unfortunately, the batteries just don't cut the mustard in the long run. I haven't used a battery in mine in well over half a decade, they wasted too quick, didn't hold their charge like they used to and were generally just unreliable. Walking around with batteries in my pocket was no fun either.
I'm on the PA 3.0 for about a year now, no issues with it other than I find the magnetic connection easy to knock out if I hold it a certain way.

That 510 mod is very intriguing, is there a link to a tutorial on this, or will I have to dig back a few pages?

All in all, I wouldn't mind a vape "upgrade". I mean, I bought this as a "portable vape", but I don't use it as such. I used a handheld Storz and Bickl one a while ago (crafty? mighty? plenty? whatever the "good" one is) and I thought it was amazing. One long draw and lots of vapour. The big attraction for me here is that the temp is regulated, so you don't have to "babysit" your box to make sure that it doesn't burn.
I had a similar experiance with one of the pax plooms - just bang the herb in there and hit it, no need for shaking and monitoring or worse still - a non vape user trying your box and burning it :\

A big con for me about the lb that I don't see people talking about: using it in the dark. I don't know about you people, but I need to see what's going on in the box, due to the nature of the thing. Otherwise there is lot of guess work, which doesn't really make for a chilled out vaping experience.

All in all, I'm still happy with my box(es). I bought an extra one when I was living in Australia for a year, as I didn't bring my original one with me. It's an old one (doesn't have the ball bearing) but it does have a push back ring. I have no need for two, so I would like to volunteer my old one to somebody who wants one? Preferably somebody who doesn't have one and will actually use it. I've tried to give it away to some of my friends, but they're all smokers and just not interested in vaping.

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
High all, just rejoned the magic flight club wit an Muad-dib and having problems finding a PA in Europe.
Just read about the 510 mod and wanted to ask for links to details or explanations please.
Tried the search but forum hit me with :

The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: 510, mod

:D

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Hey @vakedcow - https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-magic-flight-box.750/page-1093#post-1514536

There are two versions in this thread; one @scy123 and one is mine. I cannot speak to Scy's version but my version is wholly dependent on the generous design of the tank for the Vaporesso Target Mini II. It is a DIY trick that shouldn't be too hard to achieve; a 3mm/1/8" copper rod or tube, and 3 pence. Between a drill and a file, you have all the tools you need if you have patience and perseverance.

I do wish someone would offer up something. A 510 mod really is a universal solution to the LB's battery and PA woes.

androponic

vaped.
High all, just rejoned the magic flight club wit an Muad-dib and having problems finding a PA in Europe.
Just read about the 510 mod and wanted to ask for links to details or explanations please.
Tried the search but forum hit me with :

The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: 510, mod

:D
i made mine using a stainless screw, a old sai bucket coil body, and some jbweld for an insulator. works great! just some spacing to consider to make sure the head of the screw hits the inside terminal and the sai coil body is in the other contact bars position and then fill it with jbweld and let it cure. i kept the silicone grommet in the 510 connector as an insulator at that end. the tip of the screw becomes the 510 center pin.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I tested the sai coil body to be a perfect fit for the mflb. Maybe a little tight fitting, but that is good, you want it to be tight.

All you really need as mentioned is the sai coil body (for the original sai, not the oversized one) a stainless screw and something to insulate. Really would just cost like $10. The sai coil is a consumable part too, people who use the sai would literally be throwing them away.

All you really need to do is grind the screw to size and figure out how to insulate it.

I'd make a guide, but never actually got around to building it as I lost interest.

I posted a brief description here though.

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
I tested the sai coil body to be a perfect fit for the mflb. Maybe a little tight fitting, but that is good, you want it to be tight.

All you really need as mentioned is the sai coil body (for the original sai, not the oversized one) a stainless screw and something to insulate. Really would just cost like $10. The sai coil is a consumable part too, people who use the sai would literally be throwing them away.

All you really need to do is grind the screw to size and figure out how to insulate it.

I'd make a guide, but never actually got around to building it as I lost interest.

I posted a brief description here though.
props to @scy123 your posts is what i followed and it cost literally a dollar to make. i use JBweld so already had that. as you stated the sai coil is the most expensive part but i fly sai so i had some but still even if you have to buy all the parts the sum of them is worth many times that easily. takes MFLB to a new level and control. thanks again

androponic,
Reactions: ataxian

Choices

Just to put this marvelous device on the front page,
My wife had really bad exercise induced back pain
that was mediated with one trench of Hawaiian Haze
from Cascadia Blooms. The effectiveness of this vape
is really impressive!
Was this the smalls, Delta8 sprayed or the moon rocks? Looking to order this. Sorry to hijack the thread but I have an empty trench and this sounds like a great idea for getting my MFLB back in the action. Thanks in advance!

Dutch-Mic

Just to put this marvelous device on the front page,
My wife had really bad exercise induced back pain
that was mediated with one trench of Hawaiian Haze
from Cascadia Blooms. The effectiveness of this vape
is really impressive!

Months ago I bought the PA 3.0 and that made the LB definitely one of my favorite and most used vapes!

It saddens me sometimes that bigger vape/TED reviewers can talk quite negatively about it. I get that the Launch Box isn't suited for people with a bigger tolerance, but for users like me - people with a lower tolerance - it's one of the best devices to get the desired effects.

For me the only real con of the device is that it needs bone dry herb.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nothing special, regular Hawaiian haze
just a dried, medium grind in a trench
using a Power Adapter.
Oh yeah, wifey hits it natively;
she enjoys the heat on her lips.
I need to tell U a story about the Sandwich Island’s (capt cook before Hawaii as it’s called currently!
1970’s era on this Pale Blue Dot bipedal creature’s inhabit.
Penniless however beach front dwelling was adorable due to job’s hard 2 land?
Surf’n tropical warm H2O swell’s collapsing on coral reef’s (sharp)!
Growing CANNABIS with no seed (only girl’’’’s were allowed 2 live).
3 foot COLAS 2 roll da pre-surf session fuel 4 da Ocean turbulence.
1st 3 hit’s had da kine flavor! (Da unfinished joint as buried in the white sand)
A trench style wooden box sound like CIVILIZATION before da rat race?
CANNABIS is wonderful actually (dusk 2 dawn)zz

Top Bottom