Dutch-Mic

I use it very frequently too (almost daily). A few months ago I traded my two boxes. The trade was worth it, but after a while I realised that I missed the magic and obtained a new box in a trade. I also bought the power adapter.

I still think it's a great vaporizer if you're ready to invest a bit of time in it and make sure you always let the herb dry thoroughly before putting it in the trench.

howie105

Some of us are just boarding this magical flight thanks to @PuffItUp . :wave:
Very enjoyable sessions with the bubbler whip attachment.
Definately need another battery or 4. Rolling with just the one it came with will never do. Any other recommendations outside of the OEM cells?
PA worth the cost of admission?
The external power source is nice because it saves on charging the battery and the power to the vape is constant when in use. The problem with the external power source is the manufacture designing a reliable package. This is however just one mans opinion.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
The majority of the reliability problems with the PA is that are using the wrong wiring for the application. Just by looking at the pics I can tell they use low strand count wiring that has thicker strands and a lower count. This kind of wiring is ok for applications that the wires will not see much movement, but is much stiffer and more prone to mechanical failure.

What they need is high strand count wires. These have much thinner strands with a much higher strand count making them much more flexible and much less prone to mechanical failure.

Think of it like bending a solid copper wire, after maybe a dozen bends it will snap. Now try bending a hair thin copper wire and the amount of times you have to bend it to make it snap goes up exponentially.

I included some pics so you get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Wiring on the PA
klw6Y9D.jpg

High strand count wiring. The strand count on these are 400. I used some before that have a 1660 strand count even.
8ujTpNP.jpg

vinnyzan

Ive had some issues with the PA over the years, Ive had no problems getting them all resolved at no cost to me. Customer service has been great in my experience. The newer PA is 3 seprate peices. Im thinking they did this to make it cheaper to replace if the wiring doesn't hold up.

Im all for a better source of power on the go, definitely would want to keep it palmable if possible.

vinnyzan

Puffitup done me right. They had a $39.00 mflb sale and I was able to grab a couple. Quite lovely pieces. They also threw in a couple padded cases. I definitely dig the tin case.
View attachment 4139
Thats a crazy deal, I definitely would have bought a few at that price. Would make a great gift with the holidays coming. I was on Puff it up on black friday looking at other vapes but didn't realize they had that sale running.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Some of us are just boarding this magical flight thanks to @PuffItUp . :wave:
Very enjoyable sessions with the bubbler whip attachment.
Definately need another battery or 4. Rolling with just the one it came with will never do. Any other recommendations outside of the OEM cells?
PA worth the cost of admission?
Not sure if anyone has said this, but you can get a 4 pack of Duracell (or similar reputable brand) rechargeable AA batteries. Scrape and peel the plastic cover off and then you’ll have more batteries! Magic flight box approves of this and says you can do it when submitting an RMA if they think your batteries are broken.

lisifi

I know ... i know ... but i found one!!! :brow::D Yay!
It works (!!) and the cable even looks pristine on the outside ... :cool:

but really, of all my vapes, this has to be the most beautiful power adapter of all :luv:
I have a PA 3.0, never liked that thing, plain ugly, but this 2.0 one :o

IMG_5861.jpg

howie105

but really, of all my vapes, this has to be the most beautiful power adapter of all :luv:

View attachment 4322
Good for you, it looks brand new. Where did you find it? Mine is a bit wanky and it is going to need replacenent soon.

howie105,
Reactions: KidFated.

androponic

vaped.

View attachment 4322
got a couple of those myself, nice find. do you know if the serial has been warrantied before? you get one lifetime replacement per serial. they stopped it with 2.1 (black plastic box version) forward.

androponic,
Reactions: KidFated.

lisifi

Good for you, it looks brand new. Where did you find it? Mine is a bit wanky and it is going to need replacenent soon.
From EntXCH UK, from a first owner, was never refurbished, so should be a few years old;
previous owner really took care of this piece as you can see :)

lisifi,
Reactions: PuffItUp

scy123

The PA 2.1 warranty changed from 1 year to 90 days to 1 year and then back to 90 days. (applicable to all PA 2.1 no matter when you bought it)

Warning: PA 2.1 warranty changed to 90 days : mflb (reddit.com)

Their are all sorts of post like this on warranties changing all the time on the mflb reddit.

I think this quote from the mflb subreddit mod describes it best.
"How long is the warranty for the power adapter 2.1?"
"I really don't know anymore to be honest. The only way to find out for sure is to try for yourself."

Last edited:

scy123

Sorry, can't edit post anymore, but today I decided to blow the screen on purpose to show you what it would look like and how fast mflb would deny my warranty if I tried to warranty it after.

I ran it at the max power my mod would put out, a full 200w (mflb normally would be ran at 20w max) And I could not actually get the screen to blow even at 200w and decided to stop trying after realizing the whole box would burn down before the screen blew.

Part 1:
Part 2: The end on this is pretty funny, the whole screen catches fire from being so hot.
Video of the aftermath.

Their you have it guys. Even ran at 200w and actively trying to destroy the screen it doesn't happen. The whole box would burn down before the screen got destroyed.

Choices

Sorry, can't edit post anymore, but today I decided to blow the screen on purpose to show you what it would look like and how fast mflb would deny my warranty if I tried to warranty it after.

I ran it at the max power my mod would put out, a full 200w (mflb normally would be ran at 20w max) And I could not actually get the screen to blow even at 200w and decided to stop trying after realizing the whole box would burn down before the screen blew.

Part 1:
Part 2: The end on this is pretty funny, the whole screen catches fire from being so hot.
Video of the aftermath.

Their you have it guys. Even ran at 200w and actively trying to destroy the screen it doesn't happen. The whole box would burn down before the screen got destroyed.
Ehhh don’t ask to borrow mine any timre soon😄

scy123

At least we now know box damage from 510 usage is unlikely.

If someone did make it happen though, mflb would be happy about it. They can now deny the warranty prematurely. One less mflb they will have to replace. It's like the opposite of what was 'theorized' would happen.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I like that V1 PA. I have the chromed version. Turns out the included adapter was only rated for 1 amp but it actually puts out 2 amps. I confirmed this w/ meters but it was interesting to learn that. Turns out that @scy123 is about right, the input to the LB cannot exceed 24 watts minus inefficiencies. 18 watts on the mod is perfect for me. The first PA is a bit wieldy but it is a nice piece for the kit.

scy123

Turns out the included adapter was only rated for 1 amp but it actually puts out 2 amps. I confirmed this w/ meters but it was interesting to learn that.
The adapter is not "putting out" 2 amps, you're pulling 2 amps from it. You could pull 10 amps from it if you tried, does not mean it can handle it as it's only rated at 1a. In this case the adapter would be underrated.

Just a fyi.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Okay, noted! My device demanded 2 amps and the wart provided it at 12 volts although it is rated for only 1 amp. It would not provide 2.5 amps when I demanded it however. Future warts after that period were rated for 2 amps. And they look exactly the same. MF went out of their way to hide the rating early on. A lot of images has the rating blurred. 12 watts would have been a low output for the PA.

Top Bottom