Truth Seeker

What technique are you guys using with a stem and with a water adapter?
Do you pulse hit it with a bong? or just the stem?
Do you warm it up a few seconds before pulse hitting it with a stem?

Truth Seeker

Do any of you clean the tubing you get for the MFLB? There's wood on one end of the water adapter tube and I wasn't sure if I should run some water through or just use the tubing out of the box straight? (which I did)

Choices

Do any of you clean the tubing you get for the MFLB? There's wood on one end of the water adapter tube and I wasn't sure if I should run some water through or just use the tubing out of the box straight? (which I did)

I ran some warm soap water and then a warm rinse through mine. I didn’t smell anything beforehand though so my guess is you’re safe. If it is worrying you, use it until it doesn’t worry you anymore...:lol:

vapirtoo

Jetpack is still kicking ass and taking names!
It was 38 degree , and I was in the park getting
stoned, watching the clouds skim by.
The magnetic cord was draped over my neck
under my coat with the jetpack in my pocket.
This way I could take a pull by just opening up my
coat. Really different getting ripped outside.

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Jetpack is still kicking ass and taking names!
It was 38 degree , and I was in the park getting
stoned, watching the clouds skim by.
The magnetic cord was draped over my neck
under my coat with the jetpack in my pocket.
This way I could take a pull by just opening up my
coat. Really different getting ripped outside.
Sweet! The jetpack is definitely on my short list. My box arrived a day early and the wife I launched a bit ago. I so missed it and glad to be back in the MFLB club.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I've been on a bit of an extended t-break recently, but I came back a couple of weeks ago to the Vapman & MFLB.

Both are perfect, imo, for a return & gentle re-introduction to vaping - well, I say gentle - they are actually kicking my arse right now using tiny amounts of material. Which is nice.

Being a fan of the heavy-hitter type device for several years now, my MFLB has sat on it's shelf for a long time with very minimal use. But it is soooo nice coming back to it as I feel it really does take me back to basics with vaping, it brings me closer to the whole experience than many of my vapes, and it does the job so well - with very little maintenace.

I'd almost forgotten just how tiny & tactile this little box is, it is so nice to hold, & even though the lid is plastic, the whole unit feels very natural. Plus, having a viewing window to clearly see your bud being transformed before your very eyes, is pretty magical in itself.

I'm not sure how long the affair will last, but for now, I have definitely fallen back in love with my Launch Box.

. . . . Evo who? :shrug:

Shake, shake, shake it baby! :tup:

:peace:

vapirtoo

Hey VegNVape,
Great insight on this little gem.
Like you I have chased the heavy hitters
with great results; they left the LB gathering
dust...... until they broke.
The LB makes vaping very intimate and enveloping.
Yeah, it is a fun and effective vape that time has forgotten.
It has gotten me out of my man cave and into the world!

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Whew! Between the wife and I we vaped 5 trenches total yesterday, we easily cut our consumption by 50 %. We were also mega baked throughout the day. Just finished teaching an edged weapons class and the high from the box was so much cleaner. 2 students said they are ordering one today after using ours. Now to charge the 24 EBL batteries that just arrived, 26 bucks for 24 on Black Friday!

vapirtoo

Love those EBL! They really rock my new LB almost like a PA.
I actually took the time to lay flat on my back in the middle of a huge
field and just stare at the sky.
Two hits with a slight cough- kiwi sour- and the sky became immense.
Getting ripped outside in the cold is invigorating!
Oh yeah, for the little bit of get high I did, the Jetpack was overkill.
One fresh EBL would have sufficed.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Love those EBL! They really rock my new LB almost like a PA.
I actually took the time to lay flat on my back in the middle of a huge
field and just stare at the sky.
Two hits with a slight cough- kiwi sour- and the sky became immense.
Getting ripped outside in the cold is invigorating!
Oh yeah, for the little bit of get high I did, the Jetpack was overkill.
One fresh EBL would have sufficed.
Decent experience!
1970 : skateboarding a Pool without water at 420 pm dazed & confused 4-sure!
Zig joint’s of home grown marijuana!
MFLB 2016: very cool & flavor appreciation found!
Post Modern:: MFLB if CANNABIS completely make’s bipedal’s wise?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Don't know if this has been brought to light before but instead of shaking the box between hits, you can blow out into the box and get a full redistribution that, if the trench is slightly overfilled as it should be, the trench will have a full load intact. Try it, and no need to be light or subtle about it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Don't know if this has been brought to light before but instead of shaking the box between hits, you can blow out into the box and get a full redistribution that, if the trench is slightly overfilled as it should be, the trench will have a full load intact. Try it, and no need to be light or subtle about it.
What a decent thought!
Yesterday my colleagues were outside taking a break with a pack of cigarettes?
Pulled out a MFLB & loaded it with COLAS of CANNABIS to be CIVILIZED!
Nothing special however tasty & Stoney (outdoor grow N garden at da crib)
What was I writing about?
Everyone got wasted from da 3 trenches loaded with a COLA fragment de nirvana!
1/2 way there: living on a prayer!
Vinyl 33 & a MFLB 4-max flight Saturday Celebration?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What a decent thought!
Yesterday my colleagues were outside taking a break with a pack of cigarettes?
Pulled out a MFLB & loaded it with COLAS of CANNABIS to be CIVILIZED!
Nothing special however tasty & Stoney (outdoor grow N garden at da crib)
What was I writing about?
Everyone got wasted from da 3 trenches loaded with a COLA fragment de nirvana!
1/2 way there: living on a prayer!
Vinyl 33 & a MFLB 4-max flight Saturday Celebration?

Yes, vinyl 33's on a college dorm grade stereo from the '70's and a freshly filled launch box - perfection.

vandalizedbythelotus

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Question for y'all, Do you find it worthwhile to purchase shake deals from the dispensary for tbe MFLB?
Ive got a RYOT sifter box on the way and was wondering if the prepacked shake deals would work well?
With reservation based on the quality of the shake....most of the shake/ground flower I've purchased would work but I'd take it a little further....

For the MFLB I grind almost to a powder. It's a two step process for me - I use a regular grinder and then I place that into a small fine mesh colander to finish the grind. Not everyone grinds to such small particles but I find that it works best for me with the MFLB. In my case I'd take that prepacked shake and place it in the colander AFTER cleaning the shake up a bit.

I'd definitely caution you on the quality of the shake deal though. Most of the prepacked shake I've purchased had a bunch of stems and sugar leaves in it and even trying to clean it up some wasn't going to improve it much. I have gotten some decent shake but for me its turned out to be the exception and not the rule.

Good Hunting!

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
With reservation based on the quality of the shake....most of the shake/ground flower I've purchased would work but I'd take it a little further....

For the MFLB I grind almost to a powder. It's a two step process for me - I use a regular grinder and then I place that into a small fine mesh colander to finish the grind. Not everyone grinds to such small particles but I find that it works best for me with the MFLB. In my case I'd take that prepacked shake and place it in the colander AFTER cleaning the shake up a bit.

I'd definitely caution you on the quality of the shake deal though. Most of the prepacked shake I've purchased had a bunch of stems and sugar leaves in it and even trying to clean it up some wasn't going to improve it much. I have gotten some decent shake but for me its turned out to be the exception and not the rule.

Good Hunting!
Thank you. My previous MFLB never saw any fancy herb due to living in a non permissive environment so the quality of bud I now have access to is mind boggling. I'll inspect the shake deal closely before going down that road. I just heard its only 10 bucks off a half ounce price so it mjght not be worthwhile anyway but I will keep an eye out for decent deals thank you again.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I've strained all my flower through a strainer after grinding. This provides a wealth of small sugar leaf stems and bits that don;t go through the fine screen.
The strainer has scraped the small stems clean but they are in fact bud-sticks. Turns out that the Launch Box handles these -very- well. They don't stick to the screen and they don't ignite. But man do they provide a nice clean high.

Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
Looks like my grinder is due for an upgrade. I had the finishing grinder in the past but found it gummed up more than I liked. I like the looks of the GR8TR V2 mini from Kannastor, any opinions/experience on how it works with the MFLB? The LB is the only way we consume so the finer the grind the better for us.

Choices

Looks like my grinder is due for an upgrade. I had the finishing grinder in the past but found it gummed up more than I liked. I like the looks of the GR8TR V2 mini from Kannastor, any opinions/experience on how it works with the MFLB? The LB is the only way we consume so the finer the grind the better for us.
@MilesHigh before putting aside your finishing grinder, have you let your material dry out really well? Mine would often gum up and then I started letting my material dry out a great deal. then use a four piece grinder, and finally then put it through the finishing grinder as needed. Made a world of difference! Now if you are just wanting to try a new grinder by all means do so! But I thought I’d share my experience with you as it might be of help.

Peace,

Choices

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
@MilesHigh before putting aside your finishing grinder, have you let your material dry out really well? Mine would often gum up and then I started letting my material dry out a great deal. then use a four piece grinder, and finally then put it through the finishing grinder as needed. Made a world of difference! Now if you are just wanting to try a new grinder by all means do so! But I thought I’d share my experience with you as it might be of help.

Peace,

Choices
I gave my finishing grinder away with my old LB. I now need to upgrade from the junk no name grinder I have currently thats been good for rolling joints but terrible for fine grind like the LB prefers. So essentially I'm hunting a grinder that will be used exclusively for the LB but I'm the hard headed type that thinks there might be something better than the grinder made for the LB.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Don't know if this has been brought to light before but instead of shaking the box between hits, you can blow out into the box and get a full redistribution that, if the trench is slightly overfilled as it should be, the trench will have a full load intact.
That sounds pretty neat but I am not one for blowing into my vapes, plus, I always underfill to just below the rails which seems to stop them from getting gummed up so much. It is interesting you say the trench should be slightly overfilled as I don't think I've ever heard that before.

:peace:

Top Bottom