• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

junny89

My whole venture into Flowering Quince stems -stems- from making draw tubes for the Launch Box. Worked great and I would not use anything else. Yes, wooden stems on a LB is much better than glass in my humble opinion. Throw away the acrylic tubes. They melt.

The V3 PA is cool because they went with a break-away cord. That was snazzy!

I was looking at the Monocle and opted for the Muad Dib instead. Like @Vapeyvaporson said - it's good to look at the load. The dome of the lens makes it a little harder to focus on the whole trench. But for a collector, no doubt it belongs in a collection.

@Vapeyvaporson - that is a nice looking design. Great choice!

I don’t use the acrylic one but I have it in my arsenal.
I still love the design of the nautilus looks super cool. Doesn’t seem that much of a issue to see the herb though?
I love my monocle. Definitely looks different. However the lid doesn’t stay still (my replacement) it’s slightly loose meaning it moves over the ball bearing. Not sure how to tighten.
It doesn’t feel cheap, it feels like this is something you would show your boss as a prototype. I’ve been using it pretty hard, it’s absolutely clutch. Not sure it’s 80 clutch but we will know soon enough

I have a md on the way with the monocle look, but I wanted a pretty traditional looking box

as for stems, I hate the glass one, I dislike the acrylic one. Neither fit at all. I’ve jammed a little piece of rolling paper around the edge of the tube
And got it to wedge in tho

would like to edit:
PA set to 50-75% power is perfect. Full power for the final attempt at a trench. I made some markings on the dial because for 80$ it doesn’t come with any indicators.
the cable is a breakaway cable, like
Those magnetic MacBook cables. Looks like if it fails, it will be on that end and not the part that inserts into the mflb. The part that stick into the mflb kinda looks like it was a cutout and bent into shape, potentially some edges that could get pulled out and made sharp. It seems sturdy, it just doesn’t look as sturdy as I’d want it to.
id say im happy I got it, I don’t like the batteries in comparison, but looks like I can use those on the md so that’s fine. Hopefully it lasts, but I’m careful with my stuff so if it’s decent it will.
On an unrelated note, now I have all this avb from last night (2grams) so I guess I’m gunna Do that today haha
yup surely agree with you there, despite the cost they don’t have markings which is a real real shame especially using it at night! I also use the pa around 70%.
the guide states that the batteries are equivalent to 80% of the PA. not sure if that is true as I find 70% much more power than my battery.

anyway after mind boggling searches for the last 2 hours I finally found the dart stem and normal wood stem in walnut to match my monocle. Was a mission but I found it. (Was hard to find them in walnut in the UK)

Junny89,
Reactions: TommyDee

Zoned89

I don’t use the acrylic one but I have it in my arsenal.
I still love the design of the nautilus looks super cool. Doesn’t seem that much of a issue to see the herb though?
I love my monocle. Definitely looks different. However the lid doesn’t stay still (my replacement) it’s slightly loose meaning it moves over the ball bearing. Not sure how to tighten.

yup surely agree with you there, despite the cost they don’t have markings which is a real real shame especially using it at night! I also use the pa around 70%.
the guide states that the batteries are equivalent to 80% of the PA. not sure if that is true as I find 70% much more power than my battery.

anyway after mind boggling searches for the last 2 hours I finally found the dart stem and normal wood stem in walnut to match my monocle. Was a mission but I found it. (Was hard to find them in walnut in the UK)

the pa on 70 is double my powerexpro and the ones mflb sent were slightly worse.

I got my md box today. Super cool. Came with a Tin and goldbatteries, which were leaking so I tossed them lol. i significantly underestimated the efficiency of this box. I loaded up a small but decent amount of product, inserted a powerex, and the resulting vapor cloud set me into a coughing fit for like 20 min. My s/o looked upon in horror as in between coughing I said “it’s so good!” Lol
Seriously though, glad I got my hands on one.

junny89

the pa on 70 is double my powerexpro and the ones mflb sent were slightly worse.

I got my md box today. Super cool. Came with a Tin and goldbatteries, which were leaking so I tossed them lol. i significantly underestimated the efficiency of this box. I loaded up a small but decent amount of product, inserted a powerex, and the resulting vapor cloud set me into a coughing fit for like 20 min. My s/o looked upon in horror as in between coughing I said “it’s so good!” Lol
Seriously though, glad I got my hands on one.

so they have it mistaken then, I only read it on the PA faq sheet. Better be careful as that is double what a battery is and that’s crazy!
I’m from the Uk I’m struggling to find Powerex batteries ?
also need some sort of fast charger for my batteries the standard charger is 4 hours!
however I’ve seen users have faster chargers some even 15 mins.
Any help here in this department for batteries and chargers ?

Junny89,

Zoned89

so they have it mistaken then, I only read it on the PA faq sheet. Better be careful as that is double what a battery is and that’s crazy!
I’m from the Uk I’m struggling to find Powerex batteries ?
also need some sort of fast charger for my batteries the standard charger is 4 hours!
however I’ve seen users have faster chargers some even 15 mins.
Any help here in this department for batteries and chargers ?
Faster charge usually means less lifespan. I’d prefer more batteries > faster charge for convenience

Vapeyvaporson,

junny89

Faster charge usually means less lifespan. I’d prefer more batteries > faster charge for convenience
Ditto. I don’t have 4 hours to plan to use the mflb. It’s just totally random as I always forget to charge the batteries and then boom I can’t use it.
need a fast charger, I have one for my Kyosho mini z but it’s got lots of features and not sure settings for the MFLB batteries. I’ll try that and see the charging times but it does do ni-mh.

Junny89,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I can push 2 amps with the Opus BT3100 @Junny89 . Forget PowerEx. Someone once made sense of the problem with today's cells. The internal resistance of the cells has to be less than the load to avoid over-heating. Our device resistance is 0.07 ohms. These cells are well over 0.12 ohms. They are simply not up to the task. My two good cells measure their internal resistance under 0.07 ohms. More like 0.06 and 0.05.

@Vapeyvaporson Glad you got a change to try the MD. Different animal. Spare your LB the trays.

Oh, I was going somewhere with the batteries... The PA at 70 is about where the old Glyph cells land. 80% is pushing it for a V1 PA.
Orbiter calling :razz:

TommyDee,

junny89

I can push 2 amps with the Opus BT3100 @Junny89 . Forget PowerEx. Someone once made sense of the problem with today's cells. The internal resistance of the cells has to be less than the load to avoid over-heating. Our device resistance is 0.07 ohms. These cells are well over 0.12 ohms. They are simply not up to the task. My two good cells measure their internal resistance under 0.07 ohms. More like 0.06 and 0.05.

@Vapeyvaporson Glad you got a change to try the MD. Different animal. Spare your LB the trays.

Oh, I was going somewhere with the batteries... The PA at 70 is about where the old Glyph cells land. 80% is pushing it for a V1 PA.
Orbiter calling :razz:
Dug out my charger and put my batteries in there. It’s a got a refresh option that can repair damaged or older batteries. Will give this a go first. They are on charge currently via refresh. Fingers crossed it can help recover them. if not I shall check the amazon btick batteries, £13 next day delivery. 2800mah. Worth a shot. If that fails then yes will have to look around for more.
Ahh so they were right, 70% on pa is what the old batteries land at. i have a rev 2.1 pa. wish these things had Notch increments to know how much power you are using

Junny89,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Junny89 - if anyone can find usable cells it's going to be you. Thanks :cheers:

As to recovering old Ni-Cads - putting the bad cell in parallel with a good cell for about 5-10 seconds does wake up a zero-voltage cell. Some of your gold cells will probably read zero. Both mine did.

TommyDee,

junny89

@Junny89 - if anyone can find usable cells it's going to be you. Thanks :cheers:

As to recovering old Ni-Cads - putting the bad cell in parallel with a good cell for about 5-10 seconds does wake up a zero-voltage cell. Some of your gold cells will probably read zero. Both mine did.

hahah thanks for the support!
well so far my refresh has been going well to be fair, was on for like 2hours (it’s like a charge and discharge cycle) I set at 0.7amps to ensure it would repair the battery.I did anticipate it to be a lot quicker but I don’t leave batteries on charge over night especially these so I did have to turn it off.
I will do it again a lot earlier with maybe a higher amp rate.
so far looks good. One battery wasfurther behind I assume that’s the crappy one.
Ahh so excited to get back in to my MFLB.

I do have to say though I have a major habit of repeatedly over filling my chamber:doh:

vapirtoo

IMG_1278 (2).JPG

Found these on Amazon $17.00 for a pack of eight.
So far so good, real powerful and long lasting.
Directions say they should be charged and discharged
at least 3-4 times before reaching full power!
I would guesstimate they have about 80 percent of the power of the
new PA. They also peel real easy!

vapirtoo

Sorry guys, no tech over here. I just got up to posting pictures.
I've had these batts for over a week, and I find that the they are stronger than me.
From wake and bake at 7:00am to 9:00pm with multiple say four to six trenches;
two batts were all that was needed.

Vapirtoo,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I'd like to see the EBL on the OPUS charger. Curious as to the internal resistance reading. This one piece of data will tell if they will get hot or not. Also see if they get hot in the charger. I had all kinds of trouble with the MF PowerEx cells.

TommyDee,

vapirtoo

Thanks TD for letting me off the hook! LOL
My old Bell telephone friend is coming over with his
multi-meter? that might have an internal resistance read-out.
Meanwhile the subjective testing continues with two trenches of
moon cookies already vaped on one freshly conditioned batt. that
is still going strong!
I'm going for a third trench with this same batt, but it seems to be
losing power. Still vapes, but much slower. Hold for 4 seconds and then pull.
Damn that's a great hit!
These batts stay very cool in the charger, and get warm to the touch while vaping.

Vapirtoo,

vapirtoo

TommyDee,
These cells will MURDER just one trench.
One batt per trench? Easy peasy. no heat, no sweat!
I must warn you that I do over hype new things,
but these batts seem really good.

Vapirtoo,

vapirtoo

The EBL 2800 are still impressing me on the run. You have to use the
old style of sip and pull slowly, but the taste and effects are awesome.
Went back to the PA for some desktop action, and I really had to back the heat off!
The batts force you to have a meditative, slow relaxed session... no coughing!
I use different vapes according to my mood. ( I'm high and mood looks like a foreign word).

junny89

Can anyone advise what grinder they are using
And
Also what consistency they are grinding to?
I found a small tiny tiny silver grinder MF sent me with my order in the box but it’s grind is no where near as fine as the finishing grinder. Not getting that hit I always get with the fine grind.
just find it tedious grinding with one and then again in the finishing grinder. Wanted just one grinder I can use in emergency with that fine grind.

Junny89,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I do a two-step grind @Junny89 . I run 2 grams through a generic grinder (favorite $5 unit 3 years old and in perfect shape after #'s of bud.). I then get one of those wire kitchen strainers. It sits in a silver condiment tray having a similar shape, and fitting the screen nicely [read-no spill-over]. I then proceed to rub the herb with my finger until only water-leaf stems remain. Now I have an herb that is kief and dense flower. A bit of sticky on one finger and 3-4 days supply. I keep these in airtight pop-top containers.

One tip - keep those water-leaf stems. They never combust in a launch box. You can toast the hell out of the stems and it will you a really nice buzz.

This is what my ABV comes out like. Kief gone and this is a good sample of what the leaf comes out like. It does take a bit more brushing, but of so tasty!

20200315_180038.jpg

junny89

I do a two-step grind @Junny89 . I run 2 grams through a generic grinder (favorite $5 unit 3 years old and in perfect shape after #'s of bud.). I then get one of those wire kitchen strainers. It sits in a silver condiment tray having a similar shape, and fitting the screen nicely [read-no spill-over]. I then proceed to rub the herb with my finger until only water-leaf stems remain. Now I have an herb that is kief and dense flower. A bit of sticky on one finger and 3-4 days supply. I keep these in airtight pop-top containers.

One tip - keep those water-leaf stems. They never combust in a launch box. You can toast the hell out of the stems and it will you a really nice buzz.

This is what my ABV comes out like. Kief gone and this is a good sample of what the leaf comes out like. It does take a bit more brushing, but of so tasty!

View attachment 1595

ahh ok so I do something similar. I use a normal grinder first and then use the-magic flight finishing grinder And it similar albeit not as fine as yours. However this method works wonders. I do this every few days and fill both sides of the optional stash box. I’ve recently just started doing this and find its awesome.

I just wanted a grinder that would remove the 2 stage process and just do it in one go- in emergency. sometimes I just don’t get the time to grind twice.

that finishing grinder looks tiny, like it won’t work but it really does the trick and surprised me.
(it’s not as effective on bud pieces, it has to be ground already to become even finer)

Junny89,
Reactions: vapirtoo

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Yea me too. Haven't seen one that can do what the screen does. Getting a grind as fine as I like will take a very good grinder with a very fine grind plate. I'm very happy with my process and the results. It can certainly be improved. But it works in the LB and the VC. I've seen some kind of mill that uses a screen and runs a series of close running blades over the dome. A lot of things just gum up when it gets too fine, don't you think?

TommyDee,
Reactions: vapirtoo

junny89

Yea me too. Haven't seen one that can do what the screen does. Getting a grind as fine as I like will take a very good grinder with a very fine grind plate. I'm very happy with my process and the results. It can certainly be improved. But it works in the LB and the VC. I've seen some kind of mill that uses a screen and runs a series of close running blades over the dome. A lot of things just gum up when it gets too fine, don't you think?
Yes I know which you mean. It’s the flower Mill USA grinder and is like over $120 plus shipping and customs etc. You swap the discs for different grinds etc.
Yes your right they do and surprised your vapcap hasn’t yet. The LB is ok as it’s in a trench.

Junny89,
Top Bottom