Toivarita

999 Forever
Anybody find any purpose for the torn down Launch Box left over from a warranty replacement? I cannot seem to find where they sell the 18650 unit for magic flight box battey

Toivarita,
Reactions: ataxian

Toivarita

999 Forever
LOL I meant what kind of session do you enjoy? heavy hitter or a chasing terps for instance. Session vaping vs. get it over with.
I don't taste a lick of my herb except some of the delicate terps on first 'green' hit so sessions are reserved for the MF Launch Box.
Therefore, my understanding of the type of sessions you enjoy might point to the knowing if the '20-M will be an improvement or not.
Interesting you bring up the flight box. It was my first vape from long ago and I recently found it not working. So I got a warranty replacement a few days ago. It’s so beautiful! But I don’t love the vapor from it, especially since I don’t have a finishing grinder. I’m thinking about selling it because I’ve only gone through one trench full so it’s basically new. My session battery vapes along with the sticky brick and dynavap for all my other needs, I just don’t ever reach for the Launch box.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
Used 2 like the MFLB but the vapour isn’t great, and they fucked over everyone, used 2 be lifetime warranty now only 2 years, I got one brand new sitting in a drawer.

Demonic chronic,

Toivarita

999 Forever
Used 2 like the MFLB but the vapour isn’t great, and they fucked over everyone, used 2 be lifetime warranty now only 2 years, I got one brand new sitting in a drawer.
I didn’t not experience magic flight box doing anything negative but I haven’t researched. A friend of mine purchases the launch box more than 6 years ago. I got it from him. Then I lot is/stopped using it. I was able to get a warranty replacement when I found it again.

Toivarita,

Demonic chronic

U can only claim a replacement twice now, so no lifetime shit, that was my main reason for getting it years ago.

Demonic chronic,

Demonic chronic

True that, still pretty shitty when the company was all about the lifetime warranty.

Demonic chronic,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Magic Flight bit off a huge chunk when they offered lifetime warranties. Hats off to them for that. But that is a self-defeating ideal, obviously. There is no calculous for economy. So those that brought the company to its prime still enjoy the benefits.

The LB is not a be all and end all vape in the least. For someone like me, it is a true session vape. A toke here, a toke there, but if you plan on ripping buds, forget about it. I hated the batteries and the cord. I fixed both and I have a hot rod in LB terms and a classic experience. Something that took effort but the reward is everything the LB was meant to be.

My one and most prized features of the MFLB is the fine mesh screen. No particle of that size or larger comes through the screen. You look at the glaze of vape honey on the floor of my Walnut LB and there is -nothing- in the honey. I don't know a single vape that can say that. Then again, I only know 2, wait, 3 vapes.

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
Magic Flight bit off a huge chunk when they offered lifetime warranties. Hats off to them for that. But that is a self-defeating ideal, obviously. There is no calculous for economy. So those that brought the company to its prime still enjoy the benefits.

The LB is not a be all and end all vape in the least. For someone like me, it is a true session vape. A toke here, a toke there, but if you plan on ripping buds, forget about it. I hated the batteries and the cord. I fixed both and I have a hot rod in LB terms and a classic experience. Something that took effort but the reward is everything the LB was meant to be.

My one and most prized features of the MFLB is the fine mesh screen. No particle of that size or larger comes through the screen. You look at the glaze of vape honey on the floor of my Walnut LB and there is -nothing- in the honey. I don't know a single vape that can say that. Then again, I only know 2, wait, 3 vapes.
My gosh talk about honey. On the old launch box that was all you can see under the screen. A THICK layer of 6+year old honey. Do you have a finish grinder with your launch box? Does it make a substantial difference? Maybe it’s just my herb but I get the tiny pieces of herb cooked to almost combustion in 2 hits while bigger pieces are barely cooked. Using a Santa Cruz Shredder.

Toivarita,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There is a technique but not necessarily the finish grinder. I super-grind my flower and it becomes more static'y. When a piece of leaf gets stuck to the screen, it becomes a 'field emitter'; the first thing lightning strikes. Brushing those around is critical.

Dryness is more important. Dryness lets shaking the box knock down those field emitters. Finer than a Chinese grinder is in order but not by too much. The finish grinder is a 1.5mm grate. If you have a course strainer, you got a fine-grinder. I have a standard kitchen strainer and it makes for super-fine grind. I use it religiously for VC bowl packing beyond normal yields.

Fill the trench to level with the 'deck' It's equivalent to two caps. get all the flavor you want from the box and finish off the tailings with the VC.

Toivarita

999 Forever
There is a technique but not necessarily the finish grinder. I super-grind my flower and it becomes more static'y. When a piece of leaf gets stuck to the screen, it becomes a 'field emitter'; the first thing lightning strikes. Brushing those around is critical.

Dryness is more important. Dryness lets shaking the box knock down those field emitters. Finer than a Chinese grinder is in order but not by too much. The finish grinder is a 1.5mm grate. If you have a course strainer, you got a fine-grinder. I have a standard kitchen strainer and it makes for super-fine grind. I use it religiously for VC bowl packing beyond normal yields.

Fill the trench to level with the 'deck' It's equivalent to two caps. get all the flavor you want from the box and finish off the tailings with the VC.
Love learning new strategies. I have a tiny sharpstone grinder that has pretty small holes. I will try that for the flight box exclusively. It’s those field emitters that get me. I have some limited option with my herb right now because I am getting from a friend who grows for his wife because he doesn’t want her getting off the street. And neighboring state prices are double the price. Unfortunately they’re not into recommendations for their grows and their yield is all over the place. Some is near dispensary grade, while others can be terrible. Always charge the same.

Toivarita,

Toivarita

999 Forever
The LB will coax goodies from almost anything. Whatever contacts the screen is fair game :D
Yep, but when those Field Emitters, as you put it, that get me. My best solution is putting the vaped herb from the launch box in my hand, then transfer it to my other hand. Some of the tiny field emitters that cook first will stick to my hand. And I get rid of them. I repeat the process for a bit and put remaining herb in the trench. But it’s never quite a satisfying experience, but more of me trying to get the most vapor without combusting.

Toivarita,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There is a bit of scorching which is actually another small benefit. A lot of THC in those little black bits. Its technique in the end.

TommyDee,

seriousTone

Interesting you bring up the flight box. It was my first vape from long ago and I recently found it not working. So I got a warranty replacement a few days ago. It’s so beautiful! But I don’t love the vapor from it, especially since I don’t have a finishing grinder. I’m thinking about selling it because I’ve only gone through one trench full so it’s basically new. My session battery vapes along with the sticky brick and dynavap for all my other needs, I just don’t ever reach for the Launch box.
Launch box was my first vape 6 years ago and I stopped using it for long periods in the time between. I've always liked it, the flavor, steathiness and potency but the batteries are a real hassle.

I'm telling you, you get yourself a power adapter and it is the definition of game changer. It now sits on my desk at all times, loaded and ready to go and is so much quicker and more potent than any of my other vapes. It's basically a smaller and less cumbersome log vape. The constant supply of power gets me dark coffee brown and I blow the bitch out.

seriousTone,

Toivarita

999 Forever
Launch box was my first vape 6 years ago and I stopped using it for long periods in the time between. I've always liked it, the flavor, steathiness and potency but the batteries are a real hassle.

I'm telling you, you get yourself a power adapter and it is the definition of game changer. It now sits on my desk at all times, loaded and ready to go and is so much quicker and more potent than any of my other vapes. It's basically a smaller and less cumbersome log vape. The constant supply of power gets me dark coffee brown and I blow the bitch out.
It’s the uneven heating with small herbs being cooked before the big ones. I can never get more than a few hits without it tasting bad and worrying of combustion.

Toivarita,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There is definitely more salt and pepper in the trench than the cap. That does affect the flavor a lot. I try to sip the terps before roasting any thing. Even tan is easier than even dark brown. Stem bits stay tan and leaves will try to stick to the screen.

I've deployed two solutions, DIY mind you, to make the LB my own. The AA cells didn't cut it and the PA was too 'cordy'.

OEM Intent Solution -

20191024_161255.jpg20191024_155301.jpg

510 Temp Control - User Curve Solution -

20200201_162837 (1).jpg20200201_163756.jpg

Last edited:

seriousTone

It’s the uneven heating with small herbs being cooked before the big ones. I can never get more than a few hits without it tasting bad and worrying of combustion.
Well yeah, if you dont have the finishing grinder I could see how this vape would not be ideal.

seriousTone,

seriousTone

Some people have told me that it’s not necessary, it just makes it easier to get your results.
I guess not necessary. You could grind your shit up as fine as you can upside down hit it a few times or get halfway through, depending on how uneven it's hitting, dump it out and crush the herb with a little tamp or something and put it back in and keep going. Maybe do it a couple times, idk if it's worth it to you but would def work better than not.

Sometimes I even regrind through the finishing grinder a second time halfway through, definitely not necessary though. But it is weird how the herb starts out super fine and almost looks like a living organism made up of millions of other little organisms, than starts to clump up and seems to end up with a courser grind by the end.

seriousTone,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've never used my MFLB without the finishing grinder.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom