The HighLighter (Glass-Core Open-Source Halogen Log) Kit Hosted by REFC Labs

masonjars

Damn, you guys need to stop using your glass so much, I thought this was specifically for glass only until I saw this guy on Reddit.............
Once I got a jhook I haven’t felt the need to use the direct draw stem. It’s still a similar experience IMO, just a littler cooler and a little less blinding. Now I kind of want a super heady hand piece.

TeaCup

Once I got a jhook I haven’t felt the need to use the direct draw stem. It’s still a similar experience IMO, just a littler cooler and a little less blinding. Now I kind of want a super heady hand piece.

That definitely looks dope! But not quite for me, I seem to be one of the few that love the Bob Barker loooooong microphone type vapes!

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
That definitely looks dope! But not quite for me, I seem to be one of the few that love the Bob Barker loooooong microphone type vapes!
I stock the LSV wand (both long and shorties) for this reason. I'm a big fan of direct-draw as well! They're a nice upgrade from the stock wand/tool and cool a lot better. I have the honeycomb version on my DD, and love-love-love it.

badbee

I stock the LSV wand (both long and shorties) for this reason. I'm a big fan of direct-draw as well! They're a nice upgrade from the stock wand/tool and cool a lot better. I have the honeycomb version on my DD, and love-love-love it.
There's a honeycomb version? I thought I read all the posts on this thread. What the hell is a honeycomb version? :)

Direct draw must be pretty hot on the throat. How would you compare heat level to a direct VC hit?

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
There's a honeycomb version? I thought I read all the posts on this thread. What the hell is a honeycomb version? :)

Direct draw must be pretty hot on the throat. How would you compare heat level to a direct VC hit?
Yes sir!

They're Elev8 and made for the LSV, but pair very nicely with the HLT just the same!

Shorties are better than the stock wand/tool. Longs are better than shorts, and the honeycomb is the best, all for obvious heat dissipation reasons. They have more mass than the wand/tool which helps a lot.

badbee

Yes sir!

They're Elev8 and made for the LSV, but pair very nicely with the HLT just the same!

Shorties are better than the stock wand/tool. Longs are better than shorts, and the honeycomb is the best, all for obvious heat dissipation reasons. They have more mass than the wand/tool which helps a lot.
OK, for some reason I was imagining a honey comb retainer in the HLT main stem, which of course makes no sense at all.

That's a lovely piece of glass and seems like a better price for what you get than most cooling stems.

TeaCup

Sorry, I did zero research on this and I'm sure it's easy enough to find, but what's the length of the cord on both the LSV and the Highlighter?

oldfool

length of the cord on the Highlighter?
Since you supply the power supply, it varies?
This is what most use. With a lab power supply you can make it any length.

61xRJRLnztL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

71p6tVq9adL._SL1500_.jpg

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Sorry, I did zero research on this and I'm sure it's easy enough to find, but what's the length of the cord on both the LSV and the Highlighter?
The LSV cord is about 10 feet or so. The HLT has a few inches of pigtail so the cord is whatever you attach to it. These little VVPS have 3ish feet of cord. I use a 6' 5.5x2.1mm M-F extension cord on all of my cores for extra play.

thunderstealer1337

The LSV cord is about 10 feet or so. The HLT has a few inches of pigtail so the cord is whatever you attach to it. These little VVPS have 3ish feet of cord. I use a 6' 5.5x2.1mm M-F extension cord on all of my cores for extra play.
I got 4' or 6' extenders as well, but this plugs into the pigtail of the higlighter and not the ac/dc power cord side.

When doing so, the same voltage did not give me the same extraction, I felt like the longer cord robbed amps during the draw, like it couldnt supply enough amperage/current/voltage to keep the light from cooling off during the draw.

For example that longer cord was not giving me any more vapor on the same voltage setting, removing the longer cord attachment and same voltage setting I was able to get that final extraction.

badbee

You're right.
I just got an extension and my voltage went from 5.5V to 5.8V to get the same hit.

There is always some voltage drop in a wire, your extension would benefit from a heavier gauge. It won't do any harm, so long as the extension isn't too warm there is no danger and the Highlighter bulb doesn't care. If it's dropping 0.3 V at around 3 A that's 0.9 W of energy, probably not enough to even feel warm.

Top Bottom