The HighLighter (Glass-Core Open-Source Halogen Log) Kit Hosted by REFC Labs

Texus

W
Curiosity got to me, so I got to that this morning. The Herbo Ti controller is def. a PWM controller. "4" on the dial is about 5v. "6" on the dial (about where I prefer to be) is about 7.75-8v. So, the ATM is a perfect advanced companion for the Herbo Ti as well!

Here's the runtime spec for Herbo Ti. It consumes about 15 watts or so at 7.77v. For reference the HLT consumes about 17.5w and the woodscents is about 9.3w @ 10.3v. The duplex here is running my HLT (top) and woodscents (bottom) and the simplex is running my herbo :) I'm actually thrilled to dump the herbo ti controller, since I'm always bumping the knob, and like every other analog controller, it was a guessing game up to this moment. :rockon:

View attachment 14273
Very cool. Agree that for a home set-up the small size of the Herbo Ti controller isn't great. BUT I will say that one of the less well appreciated aspects of the Herbo is how portable it is as a heavy hitter. Especially if taking it to a friend's place who has glass that fits your 14mm or 18mm Herbo glass flower holder.

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
The case can be modified to hold a PID controller. I'd need to source one that everyone likes but it's certainly feasible. I've only just started this ATM project the other day, so it's brand spankin' new and begging for customer input.

Discrete stackable units are also an option. I've done CAD work for many years, so I'm open to play some design games.
Oooooo. This would be great! Enail coil on the bottom, with the connections out the back or side… and the hlt/12v on top? what do you think is best for layout and workflow etc?

This means I wouldnt need another Auber 300 controller.… Is there any difference between what you could source and build vs the auber?

Really excited for this! I would love a black or lime green enclosure. Those are my votes for color.

it would be great to build a modular system, with replaceable components, thats reliable and works well. Fits in with my modular ecosystem setup at home. Some final touches to the command centre!

Last edited:

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
You can not use this with your herbo, you'll void your warranty.
Voiding warranties is a hobby of mine ;)

My official advice is not doing this as a consumer, IF you ever plan on exercising said warranty. I'm just showing off capabilities. What you do with it and what you do with your own warranty is of course, up to you :)

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
At 3pm NY/ET today I'l be listing the 3 Red Duplex prototype shells for sale. These are the only protos made and will be out of print moving forward. Here's a chance to own a piece of lab history prior to go-live! These shells will include barrel jacks and have the exact same layout as the production revision, they are just missing lettering. One of these three shells is my current daily driver, btw. I'll be swinging parts over to a prod shell for marketing reasons but leaving the jacks installed.

<3

Glorg

Here’s my frankenlighter in its current form lol, so far it’s working great and eventually I’ll finish my heat shield but I’m building so much that who knows when I’ll get that done .. the high temp silicone trick seems to have worked I only used a extremely small amount to hold the oring to the socket base and that’s it. I have to say this isn’t an easy sell to the wife visually but this vape is fun and impressive lol, good times all around. Edit: tried to attach pic and it failed here’s a imgur link if that’s better, it’s bolted into the block so it’s kind of pistol grip in use on a rig

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The ATM relaseses today at 6pm NY/ET :)

View attachment 14517

Awesome! Can you clarify something for me about them, is it going to be a complete VVPS that I can buy? Or will I have to build it myself from parts in a kit...? Oh also can you mention the pricing again for the duplex and siplex?? Thanks and keep up the great work!

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Awesome! Can you clarify something for me about them, is it going to be a complete VVPS that I can buy? Or will I have to build it myself from parts in a kit...? Oh also can you mention the pricing again for the duplex and siplex?? Thanks and keep up the great work!
Currently this is a shell and jack kit, but I plan on selling kits that include the rest of the parts, as well as completed units. I need some time to bring more stock in but this is on the roadmap.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Currently this is a shell and jack kit, but I plan on selling kits that include the rest of the parts, as well as completed units. I need some time to bring more stock in but this is on the roadmap.

Perfect, thanks! So then I guess I can relax today since I'm only really interested in buying a completed unit in purple (just need to decide between du or si though!) :D

oldfool

Kinda bummed, I ordered blue and then later you added orange. :ugh:

Or sign me up for a green or orange or blue single bay unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
oldfool,

oldfool

I'd be happy to swap for you if you can be patient for a day or two :)
Yes please. Order #1439.

214f3fda14ecee16638699bb4d47fb8f.gif

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Someone should make a list w baseline starting voltages/amps for the most common devices this will power. Im assuming this will eliminate the need for the dimmers on some devices woodscents/ herborizer? Then you can just tune from the ATM itself. Got my parts just waiting for another redrop of duplex'. Would be cool to see it printed in that stainable wood material. Now I really gotta get that replacement glass for my hlt. Can someone explain setting the boost and runtime presets for when the parts arrive

Xclerk,
Reactions: Fesob_31

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Someone should make a list w baseline starting voltages/amps for the most common devices this will power. Im assuming this will eliminate the need for the dimmers on some devices woodscents/ herborizer? Then you can just tune from the ATM itself. Got my parts just waiting for another redrop of duplex'. Would be cool to see it printed in that stainable wood material. Now I really gotta get that replacement glass for my hlt. Can someone explain setting the boost and runtime presets for when the parts arrive
Most of the12v logs are gong to be adjusted to taste, between 10.0 to 11.5v from observations so far. My herbo Ti is perfect at 9.7v which pulls 2.35a and a total of 22w. Compared to the HLT which pulls on average 16-20 watts in the 6-7v range. Once you find your "setting" that's probably where you'll want to stay, most of the time.

The ATM is more or less the first precision controller in this space, so "we" (community) don't really have a pre-established list yet. I'm going off of meter-probed values and guestimates based on tolerance drift to establish baseline. If there are vapes that need testing I'd be happy to do so, provided I can get access to a test unit. The easy way is start low and slow, and dial up to taste. This is SOP for any passive heater.

On the converter I use, the M1 and M2 key, if pressed, will switch to preset 1 or 2. I have preset 1 set to 6.35v and preset 2 set to 8.5v. This lets me hold M2 for a second, which supercharges my core to 8.5v which overrides the refractory period and surpasses heat outtake. Once I've crushed the basket I hold M1 and it takes me back to a coasting/idle voltage of 6.35. This voltage is fine for a basket or two but I do often use boost mode to get a third or fourth basket. Its also good for squeaking out the end of a twax. You can also set up to 8 other presets which can be quick-access with a button shortcut.

I plan on making a vid soon which details the usage and memory modes of these units.

Top Bottom