The HighLighter (Glass-Core Open-Source Halogen Log) Kit Hosted by REFC Labs

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Cool to see boost mode implemented. I aam ctually using self build PSU for second year with a boost mode,but mine is way simpler ,the boost just delivers full power. It works great on Halo-logs, you can run the log just below vaporization temp and use the boost for on-demand hits,tastes just great,instant vapor,zero scortching ,maybe balls would introduce some lag,but probably wont be much.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
Same color options?
Mostly - stock is in and out so it will change a little but I intend to keep a lot of color options. I'm sorta salty, I can't find more of that purple filament, so the duplexes in this batch may be it for now. Shame as I (and many others) seem to like that color a lot.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mostly - stock is in and out so it will change a little but I intend to keep a lot of color options. I'm sorta salty, I can't find more of that purple filament, so the duplexes in this batch may be it for now. Shame as I (and many others) seem to like that color a lot.

Oh no! I was specifically waiting to buy a pre-built purple from you! I would have gotten one last time and this time if I had known lol

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Input and output look the same? Will smoke come out if plugged in wrong?
Are you marking the input/output or just remembering which is which?
If you are looking at the face of the controller, the input on the back is to the bottom left, and the output to the bottom right. This is how I wire mine, but you can certainly swap them. Just a matter of preference.

The chassis doesn't specify which side is which, because someone may want to reverse their connections for their particular setup. If you tend to forget these things or have multiple units in different configs, you can put a small piece of transparent tape near the input jack so you know which side the power goes into without having to permanently mark up the chassis.

On the duplex, only the right side has 2 holes. This can certainly be changed but made the most sense to me to avoid confusing wiring.

Last night I enlisted the help of my friend who does metal work to fab an aluminum insert for my heat shield. I dropped my voltage by about .5 to account for the increased efficiency over my tin foil shield. More importantly, there is no need for a primer hit or to draw slowly with a wide open glass piece.
1111.jpg2222.jpg

He used thick aluminum foil that I found on amazon.
It reminds me of the eye of Sauron in a way.
Today I will try to replicate this for a gift I'm making for a friend.
He used kitchen shears and a crimping tool for the joint.

lazylathe

Almost there...
My HighLighter has seen minimal use for some reason. I am highly inclined to believe it is my laziness and my trust in my DD.
Either way, I turned on my Glowing Beacon of Hope and Desire this afternoon.
Lightly loaded a bowl of some Sticky Cookies X Death Bubba and dropped the beast onto the load.
No spinning this time, just hit and remove to clear... Oh Boy!! Here come the sweats!! And not from too much meat! :lol:

Clouds are huge and thick and almost instant and seem never ending.
Flavor is different to me for some reason and I think it it because it extracts so quickly, you get it all at once.
No primer hit required! My screen is also inverted for more space between load and heat source. Also added a few 5mm beads to mix it up a bit.

If Arnold Schwarzenegger and the old halogen Herbalizer team met in the gym in 1974 to shoot some "roids, pump some iron and talk vapes, the HighLighter would be the outcome!
Brute strength, no holds barred with this baby!
We will be spending more time together for some fine tuning!

VAPEHUNTER

Had a rough one yesterday. I was in my garage and I see my dog pass my vape station and her curly tail catch the cord for my Highlighter . In slow motion my Duplex falls pulling my Highlighter with it and smashes it on the floor.
I’m very sorry @RedEyeFlightControl but is it possible to order a replacement…again?

RedEyeFlightControl

Manufacturer
Had a rough one yesterday. I was in my garage and I see my dog pass my vape station and her curly tail catch the cord for my Highlighter . In slow motion my Duplex falls pulling my Highlighter with it and smashes it on the floor.
I’m very sorry @RedEyeFlightControl but is it possible to order a replacement…again?
DM me your order number, I can help out.

Hey I just order parts for the highlighter and I was wondering the wire used in the kit. Based on the kit being sold out I still want to be able build it despite the kit being sold out. Thanks for yours help

Stay Safe Everyone,

Big Benjamin Frank

bigbenjaminfrank420,

shopdognyc

Hey I just order parts for the highlighter and I was wondering the wire used in the kit. Based on the kit being sold out I still want to be able build it despite the kit being sold out. Thanks for yours help

Stay Safe Everyone,

Big Benjamin Frank
He shares his build of materials on his site.

Sorry for the trouble! what did you use to shrink wrap on your wire to the controller? That is pretty nice too. We need to get you a heat shield.

shopdognyc,

sheaegan24

I was wondering if anyone knows when new Highlighter Core DIY kits will be available for purchase on the REFC Labs site as I'd like to build my own as soon as possible but every time I check they're sold out. Plus I was hoping to get an edstnt heatsheild for it as well so it could sit on my desk all pretty like a log vape

4everpushingaboulder

I was wondering if anyone knows when new Highlighter Core DIY kits will be available for purchase on the REFC Labs site as I'd like to build my own as soon as possible but every time I check they're sold out. Plus I was hoping to get an edstnt heatsheild for it as well so it could sit on my desk all pretty like a log vape
I happen to know of an assembled unit for sale. Lemme reach out and share this and make sure it hasn’t sold.

Edit.

check entexchange on Reddit search for HLT.

Last edited:
4everpushingaboulder,
Reactions: Kudzu407

mistergyro

hey brother - i think this is a great question. i'd like to a make a purchase as well.

4everpushingaboulder

He’s also active on Insta and based on this post I’d bet he’s focused on JetDryV right now

4everpushingaboulder,
Top Bottom