The HI

GoldenBud

after long time and few mistakes with this vape, here's my setup that I recommend:

HI 3/8 cover + Ti Tip but WITHOUT a CCD, use a ss-Screen of the ss-stem 7/16'' cover (if I recall 0.5$ per screen) . no CCD in the tip. Alan's screens last much longer (need a burnoff every few days for maximum performance but lasts much longer)

*Don't think Alan holds Ti tips in stock, it's Dynavap Ti tip
*Even if you have few Solo II WPAs, the 3/8 cover is much better IMHO. much stable on the Dyna tip other than the Solo II glass wpa

GoldenBud

Rockin it 12.9v fast draw, Ti tip stays indeed colder than ss and that's why it can go up to 13.1v even with very fast and clean draw
abv:
abvhi.jpg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Glad to see you are enjoying your square HI @vaporoufixtras The photos and video looks great. The trick I use for installing the screws is a bit of beeswax on the end of the screwdriver to hold the screw while getting it started.
I wish that Voltage Keepers were still made. They were very precise and more advanced than anything available at the time. The VK 2in1 was the worlds first precision and multi unit capable voltage controller. It not only lowered the input voltage, but also raised the output voltage above the input voltage. That allowed it to use a battery pack (or even built in batteries) as a power source for portability. Here is how the 2in1 looks.
YSwK7s7.jpg

My micro voltage controllers have all the same basic functions as the VK, but with a little less precision and significantly less cost. They are also a lot smaller in size, which is nice for portability. I can also mount two circuit boards onto a board w/ a single input for multi unit voltage control. The power source just needs to be large enough to handle both heater units.
Thanks for the photos and videos @GoldenBud Just need to clarify that your new ss heater cover is 7/16” OD. It accepts 3/8” ss roasting tubes and 10mm Dynavap tips. Have you tried the paper roasting tube yet?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Love that Lebowski pad. The Big Lebowski is such a good flick. I still walk around quoting lines from it and nobody under 30 knows what the hell I am taking about.

Off topic, but watch the show Chuck, now available on HBO Max and I think it was already on Amazon? Unless it left there now... Originally NBC so it might be on Peacock too?? Anyway, the creators are a huge Lebowski fans, or it was some of the writers, who worked a quote into each episode somehow I think??? Something like that :rofl:I remember reading about it!

The voltage keeper looked so awesome, the ATM is pretty great, but I really do like the micro VVPS for my HI of course!

jasp3r

Off topic, but watch the show Chuck, now available on HBO Max and I think it was already on Amazon? Unless it left there now... Originally NBC so it might be on Peacock too?? Anyway, the creators are a huge Lebowski fans, or it was some of the writers, who worked a quote into each episode somehow I think??? Something like that :rofl:I remember reading about it!

The voltage keeper looked so awesome, the ATM is pretty great, but I really do like the micro VVPS for my HI of course!
Off topic Snacks, But I love that show! Was pretty good from start to end.

SpudBob

It's in the mail. I opted for a 3/8" heater cover to micro or mini dose better. The wood is a highly figured walnut that I requested he turn slightly thicker than the typical 1.5" diameter.
Ive got both 3/8 glass and 7/16th SS. Micro dosing is very easy with either. Screen depth is the ticket to determine hit size. I think, once you get it down you will be very pleased. I own numerous other high end vapes. I RARELY use any others!!! Its so nice to just leave it plugged in all day. Its ready to go any time-so convenient.

SpudBob

Wow, log vapes are cool. Easy and best way to consume crumbs possibly. This is how I like it and what I have tried in my first day of use. Easy to roast fully, convection style, just a tiny amount. Efficiency and small dose control is cool by me.
They are, IMO, the BEST tasting and MOST efficient way to vape. Save your AVB for edibles!!!

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Wow, log vapes are cool. Easy and best way to consume crumbs possibly. This is how I like it and what I have tried in my first day of use. Easy to roast fully, convection style, just a tiny amount. Efficiency and small dose control is cool by me.

That's what I love about the HI as well. Like I look at the bowl of the Herborizer I have right now and it's fucking huuuuge. I could cram 0.3 in here probably. Unless you're a heavy daily user, I feel the size encourages you to use too much. The 1/2" flat screen on the gong for the HI is the perfect size for me.

darkstar72

That's what I love about the HI as well. Like I look at the bowl of the Herborizer I have right now and it's fucking huuuuge. I could cram 0.3 in here probably. Unless you're a heavy daily user, I feel the size encourages you to use too much. The 1/2" flat screen on the gong for the HI is the perfect size for me.
Yeah, .3g is too much in my opinion. Maybe some vaporizer makers choose large chambers to better sell to combustion users trying to convert. I don't know?

I was thinking yesterday how my experience with cannabis over the past 32 years has changed. The price has gone down in real terms while the quality and choices have gone up. I am in a legal state. On top of that vaporization extracts more efficiently then combustion. And log vapes are considered among the most efficient vaporizer types. Better flavor, better mileage, vastly more choices. Nice evolution and human progress.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah I haven't used my regular small 3/8 size HI's in a while, I do like to vape smaller bowls, though I suppose not that small these days, very excited to try my new large 7/16 size HI with the latest steel standard core, Alan just sent me photos of my nearly finished custom so ofcourse had to share:
Screenshot-20220225-120359.png

So stunning! Zapote wood in a hexagon shape with a rounded middle (he posted in the past a sumac square HI that had a round twisted middle, our inspiration) and a tulip wood cap in the base that is insanely gorgeous, since I use mine upside down on glass I will get to see that bottom a lot!

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
So stunning! Zapote wood in a hexagon shape with a rounded middle (he posted in the past a sumac square HI that had a round twisted middle, our inspiration) and a tulip wood cap in the base that is insanely gorgeous, since I use mine upside down on glass I will get to see that bottom a lot!

This is so gorgeous! I love everything, the wood, the shape, the base. Just 👌

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks - once your new larger HI arrives please let us know what you think of it and how it compares to your other two HIs. I value your opinion as you seem to have a lot of gear and experience with vaporizers. Thanks man

Likewise thanks for the kind words, you know I will, it's been a long time since I've used my regular HI's, may need to do head to heads once the new one arrives though...

GoldenBud

Likewise thanks for the kind words, you know I will, it's been a long time since I've used my regular HI's, may need to do head to heads once the new one arrives though...
I'm coming from 7/16, replaced mine to 3/8.. I found a way to make this device so pure and the effects are so medicinal
I put the Hi on the Ti tip and heat soaking for like 30 seconds, around 12.0v on a dry bubbler
If you have Ti tip try it before, maybe you change your mind
7/16 was ok but not the best experience

edit: even 15 seconds of heat soak is great

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I'm coming from 7/16, replaced mine to 3/8.. I found a way to make this device so pure and the effects are so medicinal
I put the Hi on the Ti tip and heat soaking for like 30 seconds, around 12.0v on a dry bubbler
If you have Ti tip try it before, maybe you change your mind
7/16 was ok but not the best experience

edit: even 15 seconds of heat soak is great

Don't have any Ti tips, I had original Woody and Omni that I sold, only kept my OG all glass vapcap, was not able to get any sort of consistent luck with the Ti tips I never wanted to try again lol

Alan is making me some custom WonG stems, I think they are all 18.8mm (bc GonG stems are 14mm) two of them have steel tips of different size, with steel lining the wood, the other one is glass tipped with glass lining the wood... They will be larger for my 7/16 size HI

Top Bottom