The HI

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I tried a few times and the weed does stick like you say but when I inhale all the weed fell in the chamber of the bamboo Hi and Im not getting any smoke. I’m getting Heat but no smoke

Oh, forgot to mention, remove the stem from the HI in order to finish your hit, don't stop inhaling with the stem still on top of the HI, then you won't have an issue of the herbs falling into the HI...

Sounds like you need a higher power setting for the HI then? Like I said it's going to take a while, there is a learning curve, just be patient and play around carefully and you can try reading through the threads or watching a video?

Reez79

Oh, forgot to mention, remove the stem from the HI in order to finish your hit, don't stop inhaling with the stem still on top of the HI, then you won't have an issue of the herbs falling into the HI...

Sounds like you need a higher power setting for the HI then? Like I said it's going to take a while, there is a learning curve, just be patient and play around carefully and you can try reading through the threads or watching a video?
Ok so the weed is not sticking as much since I did what you told me but I can’t get no smoke to come out at all. It’s just all heat and no smoke. I turned up to the highest setting and no smoke at all. On one hit I got a minor amount of smoke but after that no smoke at all and I have it on the highest setting now

Reez79,

Shit Snacks

Ok so the weed is not sticking as much since I did what you told me but I can’t get no smoke to come out at all. It’s just all heat and no smoke. I turned up to the highest setting and no smoke at all. On one hit I got a minor amount of smoke but after that no smoke at all and I have it on the highest setting now

It sounds like you may need to load better, a more consistent grind, medium, packed in the stem, if there are loose bits large open gaps then air could pass through without vaping, but it is the trick of inhaling the hot air from the log or through the herbs, it took me a little while to get it when I started with underdog and a plain glass straw stem myself (I prefer to use a tapered bowl through water or hook instead so I can keep the log upside down on top it is much more consistent easier for me to use that way)

Reez79

It sounds like you may need to load better, a more consistent grind, medium, packed in the stem, if there are loose bits large open gaps then air could pass through without vaping, but it is the trick of inhaling the hot air from the log or through the herbs, it took me a little while to get it when I started with underdog and a plain glass straw stem myself (I prefer to use a tapered bowl through water or hook instead so I can keep the log upside down on top it is much more consistent easier for me to use that way)
I’m honestly disappointed so far. This vape is causing me to lose weed because the weed keep either spilling out the stem or landing into the bamboo Hi heater. I still can’t get any smoke either. This is very frustrating. I didn’t think it would be this difficult.

Edit: I’m getting better hits now. Maybe it’s cause it wasn’t hooked up long enough or something but right now I’m getting better hits so far. Still have a problem with weed falling out and losing it because I’m not sure how much exactly to put in the bowl. Are you suppose to just put enough to cover the screen or fill it to the top?

Last edited:
Reez79,

Shit Snacks

I’m honestly disappointed so far. This vape is causing me to lose weed because the weed keep either spilling out the stem or landing into the bamboo Hi heater. I still can’t get any smoke either. This is very frustrating. I didn’t think it would be this difficult.

I'm sorry, did you not have it warming up for 10 to 30 minutes before starting to use it?? Would have hoped you would have gotten some use instructions from Alan

Edit: I’m getting better hits now. Maybe it’s cause it wasn’t hooked up long enough or something but right now I’m getting better hits so far. Still have a problem with weed falling out and losing it because I’m not sure how much exactly to put in the bowl. Are you suppose to just put enough to cover the screen or fill it to the top?

Yeah so that's good, the amount loading is tricky to say, there are so many different stem options, like I said I always keep the log upside down or sideways etc to prevent anything spilling because I am OCD about that and I always use specific stems for that, you kind of have to play around and see what works, from the photo you sent me it seems like you could be grinding your weed more, that will help it stay more seated in the basket screen, and give you better extraction, should not need to stir, I use my logs more like one hitters, microdosing

Reez79

I'm sorry, did you not have it warming up for 10 to 30 minutes before starting to use it?? Would have hoped you would have gotten some use instructions from Alan

Yeah so that's good, the amount loading is tricky to say, there are so many different stem options, like I said I always keep the log upside down or sideways etc to prevent anything spilling because I am OCD about that and I always use specific stems for that, you kind of have to play around and see what works, from the photo you sent me it seems like you could be grinding your weed more, that will help it stay more seated in the basket screen, and give you better extraction, should not need to stir, I use my logs more like one hitters, microdosing
Yea wasn’t letting it heat up long enough. Hits is better now. I have it on highest setting until I figure it out. I have the steel stem and paper

acaderp

the HI shines with Ti tip IMHO
which setting u use?
12.3v here, bowl is done without dark abv, slow draw, 12.7v for dark ABV

I started a bit lower, around 10, and that was quite nice; second fill I realized I was thinking about my HighLighter and went lower for flavor ... which kinda worked. Still very nice but slooooooooow. Remembering now to run this a bit higher, which I'll put into practice this weekend.

GoldenBud

I started a bit lower, around 10, and that was quite nice; second fill I realized I was thinking about my HighLighter and went lower for flavor ... which kinda worked. Still very nice but slooooooooow. Remembering now to run this a bit higher, which I'll put into practice this weekend.
I have to correct myself, the Ti tip OG, atleast the one I have, is getting too deep inside the HI, so Stainless Steel tip is better. Using 20M Tip now and really enjoying it. not sticking with the HI like the OG Ti tip (2018)

0.04gr~ is done within 3-4 big tasty shots, 12.0v (with a bubbler)

GoldenBud,

JBone65

Received my little bamboo hi a few weeks ago. The learning curve can be frustrating at times but I'm using it a lot and getting better with it. It works great. Today I tried the larger diameter paper tube which fits over the heater. That goofy thing works great. It can/will use more weed, of course, but that means it hits better than expected. Who'dathunk you could "smoke" thru a paper pipe.

Razhumikin

Jus thought I'd show off how pretty my HI looks with all of Alan's accessories on IDB's new Prophet dry rig.
20220930-105337.jpg

cluffy

Vaker
HI all. Long time vaper, long time away from FC. Just moved and need a new vape. Since I can't find my walnut HI, I am reaching out to Alan hoping to score a nice dark bamboo HI with a rib in it. I did find my elm Rock Zap in the move, so I will be working on that while I wait. For the past couple years or so I haven't had much time for marijuana, so I mostly combusted when I did have time, but no more. I also smoke cigarettes and I'll be 56 in a few months. I know I felt better when I vaped exclusively, so I'm going back to it. Life has made that easier to do now. Ok, so I rambled some, just a little baked and excited about my new spot.
Cheers!
Oh and before I bother searching, are there any Onewheel riders out there? That's been my fun for the past few years.

GoldenBud

HI all. Long time vaper, long time away from FC. Just moved and need a new vape. Since I can't find my walnut HI, I am reaching out to Alan hoping to score a nice dark bamboo HI with a rib in it. I did find my elm Rock Zap in the move, so I will be working on that while I wait. For the past couple years or so I haven't had much time for marijuana, so I mostly combusted when I did have time, but no more. I also smoke cigarettes and I'll be 56 in a few months. I know I felt better when I vaped exclusively, so I'm going back to it. Life has made that easier to do now. Ok, so I rambled some, just a little baked and excited about my new spot.
Cheers!
Oh and before I bother searching, are there any Onewheel riders out there? That's been my fun for the past few years.
HI
Get GTR
The heater has more surface area and it will hit harder, and it supports the option of taking faster draws

GoldenBud,
Reactions: pomogirl

420_fitdad

I'm hoping for a little guidance and I know this is the place for it. I am definitely not a newbie to vapes but I am new to log vapes so I'm pretty excited to try and learn something new. I have had this Bamboo HI for some time now and am finally getting to using it. This is what I have and could use some help haha. It definitely seems like I need a different or modifications for a roasting tube but not sure. I have some interesting glass that could work and tons of DV stems, tips, etc. but even then not sure how to load for best results. Thanks in advance

Shit Snacks

I'm hoping for a little guidance and I know this is the place for it. I am definitely not a newbie to vapes but I am new to log vapes so I'm pretty excited to try and learn something new. I have had this Bamboo HI for some time now and am finally getting to using it. This is what I have and could use some help haha. It definitely seems like I need a different or modifications for a roasting tube but not sure. I have some interesting glass that could work and tons of DV stems, tips, etc. but even then not sure how to load for best results. Thanks in advance

Just looks like a plain glass roasting tube with three screens in it? You only need one screen, but you could use to to keep the load fully secure in the stem sandwiched, depending how on the size of your load probably, with a tiny load I wouldn't bother, but I am always careful to keep the HI upside down on my stems too... I'm not sure why you would need three screens in one stem, unless you were loading more space between the other two for a bunch of glass balls maybe? Hemp fiber? It could be the screens were just put in the glass stem so they would be safe to transport...?

JBone65

I've been using the Bamboo HI for 6-7 weeks. Was clumsy with it at first but you figure it out pretty quickly. It's ideal for my situation, leave it on 24 hrs/day in the garage. I keep a gram or two of ground up weed next to it ready to go. I can fill the SS tube and get a solid vape hit within 10-15 seconds overall. Usually get two hits per load, the first one is sweeter. Alan also sent a larger paper tube that holds more and fits over the heating element. Because it holds more the first hit is even sweeter and it gives 3 1/2 - 4 hits per load, so it will send you straight into next week if not careful....:myday::leaf:

420_fitdad

Just looks like a plain glass roasting tube with three screens in it? You only need one screen, but you could use to to keep the load fully secure in the stem sandwiched, depending how on the size of your load probably, with a tiny load I wouldn't bother, but I am always careful to keep the HI upside down on my stems too... I'm not sure why you would need three screens in one stem, unless you were loading more space between the other two for a bunch of glass balls maybe? Hemp fiber? It could be the screens were just put in the glass stem so they would be safe to transport...?
I got the roasting tube with the 3 screens in it, I got the device used and it seems like it was hardly used... that or was meticulously maintained. you give me some pretty cool ideas with sandwiching and heck even maybe some balls, but I need to pump the breaks haha. I am going through this novel of a thread and think I am getting a better grasp of things, sounds like I just need to test things out and figure out what works best for me. You always come through with insightful things for me Snacks, I remember our back and forth a long time ago when I was getting my Tafee bowle.
What do you feel you need some help with? Are the hits too hot, too thin, uneven avb?
I had no idea how to even load the roasting tube, or get it set on there. This particular tube actually slips all the way over the glass heating cover so that was an interesting thing for me but maybe it'll make it even more versatile.

Shit Snacks

I had no idea how to even load the roasting tube, or get it set on there. This particular tube actually slips all the way over the glass heating cover so that was an interesting thing for me but maybe it'll make it even more versatile.

So with just one basket screen in there, you can suck up the herb like a straw into the basket screen, turn it upside down and brush off the excess, you don't want to load it to the tip you just want to fill the basket really, but you do not set it on the HI, you only hold it there while you are inhaling the hot air through the load to create the vapor, you don't leave it sitting on the HI at all (especially with that model you have, looks like the glass HIbrid core)

JBone65

I have mine set on 11.7 volts. I insert the end of the small tube a few millimeters inside the heater, but only for 2-3 seconds at a time, then I disengage for a tiny bit of cool air (to keep it from igniting) and then go at it some more, usually 5-10 seconds overall. It's hot enough to combust quickly but you learn how to barely avoid ignition and turn it black.

Sorry to butt in.... Got excited.

420_fitdad

I have mine set on 11.7 volts. I insert the end of the small tube a few millimeters inside the heater, but only for 2-3 seconds at a time, then I disengage for a tiny bit of cool air (to keep it from igniting) and then go at it some more, usually 5-10 seconds overall. It's hot enough to combust quickly but you learn how to barely avoid ignition and turn it black.

Not butting in at all, this is all super helpful! I appreciate all of you with the insightful tips.

Shit Snacks

Not butting in at all, this is all super helpful! I appreciate all of you with the insightful tips.

Except I am pretty sure he has the steel core, you cannot stick any stem inside the glass core, the stems only go around it there

Silenced008

So I am a total idiot and forgot I had some bud from last year grinded up when I went to use my HI for the first time. Stuff is crazy dry and of course combusted immediately. Any suggestions how to clean the heater screen? Used it afterwards and it tastes fine, but am wondering if the little bit of gunk left on the screen could lead to more

combustion due to low airflow?

Second bowl went much better than the first!! Some super nice rips out of a dyna tip when the bud isn’t bone dry

Edit: have the screen clean and am blowing thick clouds at 8-9 instead of around 11. This little thing is amazing!! Thanks Alan!

Last edited:
Top Bottom