The HI

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm concerned i may have broken my HI :(
I dropped it earlier, and now it doesn't seem to be extracting as well.
At first i thought it was the new reducer, so i switched to the old one. no difference.

Then i tried th mega globe and it leaves my herb a light brown at the maximum!

if i hover my finger over the heater, i barely feel any heat. i'm not sure what it was like before though.
Has anyone had this happen?!

Oof sorry that sucks, mine have taken tumbles but always no problems, possible some dislodgement but I would think the steel core is pretty secure, not sure how the bamboo connects, I'm sure Alan will help you troubleshoot when he gets a chance... This is the other reason we have multiple vapes (/logs), mix it up and just in case!

I guess you'll be ordering that enail kit for your elev8r from vgoodiez now, huh?... :(

Shit Snacks,

~vapeslut.xo~

well not yet of course, (not for awhile) but i dont know...i am torn between that and the Tinymight!

edit: false alarm! the HI is working now...i really dont know what happened.
maybe i interrupted it and it needed time to warm back up
ehh..

Last edited:

Trackrat

I'm concerned i may have broken my HI :(
I dropped it earlier, and now it doesn't seem to be extracting as well.
At first i thought it was the new reducer, so i switched to the old one. no difference.

Then i tried th mega globe and it leaves my herb a light brown at the maximum!

if i hover my finger over the heater, i barely feel any heat. i'm not sure what it was like before though.
Has anyone had this happen?!

i have the vvps at maximum..have turned it on and off, all that...

nevermind...lmao...
Love a good cliffhanger.

~vapeslut.xo~

Love a good cliffhanger.
and a Sequel! LMAO.

Asking HI owners!
Has the extension power cord ever broken or affected the heat of the unit?

Because i've tested several times, and i dont want to jump to conclusions,
but so far that is the conclusion i am jumping to :)

When the extension cord is in the pathway, the HI puts out far less heat.

Now this is not a problem of the extension cord, i am saying that i might have broken MY extension cord. Just to be clear :)

arb

Semi shaved ape
and a Sequel! LMAO.

Asking HI owners!

Now this is not a problem of the extension cord, i am saying that i might have broken MY extension cord. Just to be clear :)
Cords do indeed fail if your having obvious performance loss using it........stop using it.
👍🏿

Shit Snacks

and a Sequel! LMAO.

Asking HI owners!

Oh, yeah I was wondering if your cord just came loose, and it needed to level out again to temp, but it could be your cord is failing I suppose... Good luck sorting it out!

Shit Snacks

Why have just learnt about this vape now? Wow. I gotta slap myself. This seems like a crazy log vape and hella affordable for a cheapo like me.

Haha yes this is the most customizable log vape, a ridiculous number of options for the core, bodies, stems, and more! It can be had for a lower price than any other log vape, and Alan's attention to design detail is pretty unmatched! Love my HI logs and excited for my next one... Heat Island is only log for me!

Anyone know the approx. length of the custom waitlist? Way back in the day, I waited two years or so for my name to come up. I ended up passing, as I was on a bit of an extended hiatus from vaping at the time. Not looking to buy one right now either, but I'm curious. I've always admired this vape from a distance. :)

Shit Snacks

Anyone know the approx. length of the custom waitlist? Way back in the day, I waited two years or so for my name to come up. I ended up passing, as I was on a bit of an extended hiatus from vaping at the time. Not looking to buy one right now either, but I'm curious. I've always admired this vape from a distance. :)

It has fluctuated, it was 18 months for my first two, and with stuff going on in his life Alan had said it went back to 2 years, seems to line up pretty well, give or take! No reason not to get on the list, and if you're ever interested, he always has stuff in stock or more basic budget options ready for sale anytime outside of the list... :tup:

dimmusp

Has anyone heard from Alan recently?

He emailed me several weeks ago saying he might have time to assemble my bamboo HI within the next couple days, but I haven't heard back from him since.

Thanks

dimmusp,

Trackrat

He emailed me several weeks ago saying he might have time to assemble my bamboo HI within the next couple days, but I haven't heard back from him since.

Thanks
Yes, he emailed me on the 7.18. I ordered a iheat. He said he has some spiral coils finished and ready to be put into some wood bodies now. I'm excited.

Shit Snacks

Thanks

He owes me a response too, and other people I'm sure, I wouldn't worry about it, I'll get back to you when he can, I know he was working on updating the website this past couple weeks and before that stuff around the house... If you're getting antsy you can always try following up with him of course :tup:

Shit Snacks,

dimmusp

He owes me a response too, and other people I'm sure, I wouldn't worry about it, I'll get back to you when he can, I know he was working on updating the website this past couple weeks and before that stuff around the house... If you're getting antsy you can always try following up with him of course :tup:
Thanks, I wrote to him again a week ago, so I guess I just have to be patient! 🤷‍♂️

Zabaza

I'd like to get a heat island and recently contacted Andy, but I'm not exactly sure what to go with, 7/16" or 3/8" SS heater cover? Also, does anyone know if other gong's/nong's fit the heat island? Such as underdog's nong, or e-nano's gong? I'd like to use it with both 14mm and 18mm bongs.

Zabaza,

Shit Snacks

I'd like to get a heat island and recently contacted Andy,

You mean Alan btw ;)

but I'm not exactly sure what to go with, 7/16" or 3/8" SS heater cover?

That's all up to you, what size bowls you want, basically, more power capability with the larger size, but the smaller size more compact and is the old standard... then you have to decide between glass hybrid cover or steel standard cover!

Also, does anyone know if other gong's/nong's fit the heat island? Such as underdog's nong, or e-nano's gong? I'd like to use it with both 14mm and 18mm bongs.

Yeah they should, but there can always be variance with glass in particular, the steel tips are fine though!

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

I'd like to get a heat island and recently contacted Andy, but I'm not exactly sure what to go with, 7/16" or 3/8" SS heater cover? Also, does anyone know if other gong's/nong's fit the heat island? Such as underdog's nong, or e-nano's gong? I'd like to use it with both 14mm and 18mm bongs.
I'd recommend you to pick the one compatible with vapcap so you can benefit the ccd + good airflow
the 7/16 is for Solo II WPa, this WPA.. well.. the screens tend to clog, it's a conduction WPA bascially.. Solo II slow device. WPA that airflow is somehow OK but the screens.. clog.. and you can't use it screenless.. dunno..

I think 3/8 is the Vapcap cover? if so, go for it, and if you don't have a vapcap ofc get one, or just some stem/wpa because HI >>> vapcap (convection >> conduction)

Salvaged_Title_Robot

Hey guys, I was able to snag an old HI with the old bamboo micro vvps. I have been having a hard time figuring out how to use the VVPS. I have had to just mess around with the buttons randomly until I get a solid 12v. It seems to have an off mode, and a mode that jumps from one voltage to another one. Does anyone have a link to the manual or have any instructions for the bamboo micro power supply?

Salvaged_Title_Robot,
Reactions: GoldenBud

BakedDiogenes

Hey guys, I was able to snag an old HI with the old bamboo micro vvps. I have been having a hard time figuring out how to use the VVPS. I have had to just mess around with the buttons randomly until I get a solid 12v. It seems to have an off mode, and a mode that jumps from one voltage to another one. Does anyone have a link to the manual or have any instructions for the bamboo micro power supply?
I have one coming in today for my Brother-in-law. If it includes instructions, I’ll snap a pic for you.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
The right button switches between on and off. The left button switches the displays [0] Input voltage, [1] Output voltage, and [2] Alternating between Input and Output voltage. If you press and hold the left button for more than two seconds, it memorizes the voltage so it will start there when you plug it in again. The micro knob will adjust the output voltage in modes [1] or [2].

Salvaged_Title_Robot

@BakedDiogenes Thank you so much for offering your time to snap a pic! I just got a response from Alan, so no need . As I'm sure you already know- your BIL is gonna love it! Thanks again, that was very kind of you.

@Alan I appreciate the very quick response, Thank you! I am so impressed with the device, I am contemplating getting in line for my own custom one. Thanks again!

Salvaged_Title_Robot,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

BakedDiogenes

@BakedDiogenes Thank you so much for offering your time to snap a pic! I just got a response from Alan, so no need . As I'm sure you already know- your BIL is gonna love it! Thanks again, that was very kind of you.

@Alan I appreciate the very quick response, Thank you! I am so impressed with the device, I am contemplating getting in line for my own custom one. Thanks again!
No worries. Glad your questions were answered.
I’m hoping he actually hates it…
Then I have a reason to keep it for myself! 😂

Edit:
Gave a quick “test”, ya know, for quality control or something…
I know what my next purchase will be, but now I’ve got to think of something good, wood-wise and design. Although, I do dig the bamboo aesthetic.
5E1E5788-AD93-44DE-944D-55326AC3A5EC.jpeg

Also, Tinymight owners, this roasting tube will definitely fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom