The Herbalizer

SeanNChong

Hello all. I come seeking dire help. Today was a sad day for me. I have been using my Herbie faithfully and daily for years. I (stupidly) had it sitting on the arm rest of my couch, bumped in to it, and watched in dread as it fell on to my hard vinyl wood floors. Picked it up, powered it on, thought everything was alright. Well, when I went to use it, it powered for about 1-2 seconds then shut off and will not power back on. On the back where the plug goes, there is a metal clip which looks like it popped out of place. When I press on it, it presses a button. Seems it could be the culprit. Does anyone know how to take these apart? Seems there might be clips around the top half or screws under the bottom pads but don't want to damage it poking and prodding at it. ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED PLS AND TY.

SeanNChong,
Reactions: Vitolo

SeanNChong

I was able to get it fully disassembled. Seems that the fuse is blown. Anyone know if the fuse or the main board ass'y is available to order anywhere? I doubt it...Using an old multi-meter, going to do further testing at work tomorrow with better tools to be sure its the fuse or if its something else. I found a new model available at this link https://www.chongchoice.us/product/buy-chongs-choice-herbalizer/.
Does the website seem legit to you all? If so may place an order if I cant get mine fixed. Was going to upload an image of the fuse but don't know how on this forum.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Excited to hear this news, I reached out by phone and left a message for the original developer of Herbalizer, @Engineer
I left a message on his machine, to ask if the rumors are true.
I hope I do hear back from him.
(I also called the original Marketing Director.. I hope to hit paydirt soon)

Last edited:

biohacker

Excited to hear this news, I reached out by phone and left a message for the original developer of Herbalizer, @Engineer
I left a message on his machine, to ask if the rumors are true.
I hope I do hear back from him.
(I also called the original Marketing Director.. I hope to hit paydirt soon)

Will the Real @Engineer please stand up!? :rockon:

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK... partial disclosure time.
YES Herbalizer is coming back.
I spoke with the original designer just now, and after a lengthy session of catching up on each of our lives, I was given
permission to comment.
Be patient.
It is a reality, and on it's way. A few technicalities and a bit of touch ups to the availability of parts and
a proper long term team, and it's a go.
I will be in contact throughout this process.
Now some memorabilia:
I was one of two original Medical Beta Testers for Herbalizer, along with a man you will remember as @Slightly Medicated (Slim).
The device was delivered to me by Sheila Hoyt, in a locked travel case, as the patent was not yet complete.
Today when speaking with this old friend who was actually the one that enlisted me to test (name to be given soon), he sent me a picture of the now well weathered case that Herbalizer was delivered in!
image.jpg

Last edited:

biohacker

@Engineer in not able to be reached, and is not in the picture now

For those that want to catch up, here is the post made by the original founder and CEO @Engineer many years ago:

Vitolo

Vaporist
post made by the original founder and CEO @Engineer many years ago
CEOs are voted in by creators and founders.
There are now revelations that disclose facts in a very different light which
contradict the then believed truth about the facts we were given in 2015, in effort to cause resentment among supporters.
It is my firm conviction that the company is now headed in the right direction... and is in the rightful hands.
I will not touch upon this topic again, and will not discuss it further, and we should let the past rest, and not look back or point fingers.
Sit back and enjoy what the original developer has in store.
We are all in for a fun ride!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
CEOs are voted in by creators and founders.
There are now revelations that disclose facts in a very different light which
contradict the then believed truth about the facts we were given in 2015, in effort to cause resentment among supporters.
It is my firm conviction that the company is now headed in the right direction... and is in the rightful hands.
I will not touch upon this topic again, and will not discuss it further, and we should let the past rest, and not look back or point fingers.
Sit back and enjoy what the original developer has in store.
We are all in for a fun ride!
Is there a website or anything or shall we simply wait?

Zuhdj,
Reactions: Vitolo

lazylathe

Almost there...
Is there a website or anything or shall we simply wait?

crafty302

It looks like the same model, but perhaps it would be better if it was a new one? @elmomuzz took one apart and concluded that they are not safe to use due to fiberglass in the air path and tossed his in the trash.
fiberglass in the air path???

My herbalizer isn't working should i try to sell it broke or wait to get it fixed?

crafty302,

crafty302

All you have to do is look inside. I took mine apart to repair it and was surprised at the complex air path. Given the fuss about microscopic debris with the hybrid the herbie would get crucified if scrutinized. There are some pics on herbalizerrepair but to really see how bad it is you’d have to take one apart. Mine is in a landfill somewhere.
Is it really that bad? Or are you just saying the Volcano Hybrid is better?

crafty302,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I went back to his posts, but he never provided any photos.

I am going to call BS on @elmomuzz post about fibreglass in the airpath...

Everyone asked for pics but NONE were provided...
As far as I can remember @elmomuzz always posted pics when he was concerned I wr something and this should have been no different...

No pics = No proof!

@Vitolo You would be the most knowledgeable about what is in the airpath. Did you ever hear of fiberglass??

Last edited:

biohacker

As far as I can remember @elmomuzz always posted pics when he was concerned I wr something and this should have been no different...

No pics = No proof!

This is true, as I remember on more than one instance requesting the proof/pics. However, he's been a family member here for well over a decade and I just don't see why he would make something like this up?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This is true, as I remember on more than one instance requesting the proof/pics. However, he's been a family member here for well over a decade and I just don't see why he would make something like this up?
They could just be wrong. It would not be the first person on FC to claim something without evidence.

I do think the course of the messages about fiberglass are extremely suspicious. A $700+ vaporizer tossed in the trash and not even a second glance to make sure it was fiberglass and in the airpath? And not one person confirmed this in the years since?

lazylathe

Almost there...

I agree and was just saying you cannot cry wolf, without an actual wolf around...
This is FC and he is a WELL known member, thus it makes sense to provide photographic proof alongside your written findings.
This is almost lore around here and has been for as long as I remember.

He promised to provide pics, you asked for them twice with zero replies.
It was right at the same time, so seems a bit suspicious.

But then again maybe he lost the images...

I just happen to not agree with the way he handled his findings.

elmomuzz

That just happened...

No pics = No proof!

@Vitolo You would be the most knowledgeable about what is in the airpath. Did you ever hear of fiberglass??

It’s not top secret. Just look inside. You may be perfectly happy with what you see. I was not.

Mine was a Chong’s Choice bought on sale so while expensive it wasn’t $700. Yeah it broke and I took it apart to investigate. It ended up in my trash. Oh well. Prove me wrong though. Let’s see the air path?

elmomuzz,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
It’s not top secret. Just look inside. You may be perfectly happy with what you see. I was not.

Mine was a Chong’s Choice bought on sale so while expensive it wasn’t $700. Yeah it broke and I took it apart to investigate. It ended up in my trash. Oh well. Prove me wrong though. Let’s see the air path?
You were the one who said they would supply pictures etc...
No pics and it's hearsay to me, especially around here.
Not about to take my working unit apart to see what's inside either...

Hopefully Herbalizer will join this thread and let us all know!

lazylathe,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Enjoy your vape then. But good idea. Let the company themselves show us the nice clean air path. Would that be that difficult? :)

Top Bottom