Discontinued The Grasshopper

covercash

Cloud EVO + MFLBPA
Because Ive have two, one works noticeably better than the other.
Well the obvious thing to do in this situation would be to send the crappy one to someone... And like, I mean, if I have to take one for the team, I'll totally be the unfortunate soul that has to put up with the crappy one. :sigh: The sacrifices I make for you people... :D

blankexpression

Have you swapped them on the same body?
That's depressing, had hoped the new backends solved a lot the issues....
I have indeed, one gets noticably warmer than the other, its almost as if the current is getting trapped in the back end and causing the heat

blankexpression,

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Been having a blast with my Hopper. So fast and powerful, really fun to pair with other vapes.

Here is a small vid of my hopper and my Evo making sweet love. Always wanted to do this.

https://vid.me/s35r

Gorgeous. When you phrased it like that I thought we were going to see (I think it was @Ratchett?) the Grasshopper going through the EVO. I've been thinking about doing that for a while :rofl:

Edit: I also still have a broken body... all I need is a backend to have 2 Grasshoppers xP

Vape Dr.

Hey all!
Just popping in to let you know my SS #12XX hopper is still working great!
I did overwhelm the heater by trying to fill way to large of a water pipe. I shut it of for 30 seconds or so and it was good to go.

So far that was the only issue. I've been keeping the batteries in rotation using specifically the USB charger and the batteries are still holding strong!

If anyone is looking for a super slim silicone MP tip that stays on super secure and mates nicely to 14mm female, I found something that works very well and is free!!!

Also if for some reason you like or need the session extender, it will slide over top and it stays on SUPER tight! It is even hard to get back off!

Go to your local E-juice vape shop and sample a flavor. They put a little condom on the mouth piece. Keep it, I asked the guy and he gave me a handful.

Unfortunately the hopper still doesn't fit in the leather sleeve with it on, but it works and it's free!

Check it out!

The hopper has truly been a great little powerhouse! So far still all good (knock on wood!).

FizzNuggets

Hey all. Just caught up on the thread and figured I would update you all on my hopper.

I have used it a ton, from enjoying a pinch in 4 nice hits, or clearing the whole thing in one hit through water. This thing is so versatile and fast. I have no clue how many loads, I do know I run this thing at redline a lot. I, like the dr. Above me, have also made it overheat, but 30 seconds of downtime and she is good to go.

Now for bho. Even without the oils adapter, this thing is a tank, and adding some oil to the middle gets this thing the closest to a group session that I have gotten. +/-12 huge water rips on the bowl. Get about two of these hard hitters and the battery is usually gone, but so is whoever was using the damn thing.

Cleaning... I soaked it once like the manual says, but didn't like the amount of after work burning off the ISO. I just use a damp q-tip now then clean off with the dry end. Have had the cone inside the mouthpiece come out a couple times and loosen a few times causing the mouthpiece to not go all the way on. Also a pretty quick fix.

So far, so good. Nothing making me think it doesn't work. Never get any ash no matter how hard I cook it. Temps seem to be right where they need to be. Placing another order today for a few family and friends. Definitely a big hit with everyone.

I am excited to see what they do for the oil adapter, this thing is a machine with oil. I use it only on 5 for oil though. I usually stop at 4-4.5 on bud.

Hope everyone else is enjoying theirs like I am. And I know you have heard it before, but you really do forget about the long wait once you get to put this thing through its paces. Do I wish they did a few things differently? Of course! Do I really care anymore? Not really unless their warranty is shit if/when I need it. Something to look forward to for the pre-orders...

If you can't wait that long and live in Maine, I would love to let anyone who needs peace of mind to join in on a session. Spread the love.

Pce, Fizz

ade848

Just wondering how many hits you are averaging from a bowl? what do you find best, so far i am liking just a pinch and four or five good hits. Great first weekend with the Hopper, the stealth is amazing.

Also smell. I think we become immune to vaping smells wondered if any of you have any anecdotes on the smell factor

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Just wondering how many hits you are averaging from a bowl? what do you find best, so far i am liking just a pinch and four or five good hits. Great first weekend with the Hopper, the stealth is amazing.

Also smell. I think we become immune to vaping smells wondered if any of you have any anecdotes on the smell factor

That's how I use mine most of the time as a well a pinch or two for 5-6 tasty hits then reload, there's no famine here in CO!

Love hearing all these hopper satisfaction stories! I fucking iatoadaso!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I also had a very good weekend with mine, I was not able to use a water tool this weekend since I mostly wasn't home. Anyways, the Gh is once again the only vaporizer I used this whole weekend. I was able to fill it halfway and finish a bowl in 4 hits at 4-4.5. The battery wasn't an issue as I got four of these bowl out of it. It has really changed my habits in a very good way. I have a pretty low tolerance so it's saving me even more money than I was saving already. It's truly a revolutionary tool in my life. :nod: I just used it too, another quick "session."

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hey all!
Just popping in to let you know my SS #12XX hopper is still working great!
I did overwhelm the heater by trying to fill way to large of a water pipe. I shut it of for 30 seconds or so and it was good to go.

So far that was the only issue. I've been keeping the batteries in rotation using specifically the USB charger and the batteries are still holding strong!

If anyone is looking for a super slim silicone MP tip that stays on super secure and mates nicely to 14mm female, I found something that works very well and is free!!!

Also if for some reason you like or need the session extender, it will slide over top and it stays on SUPER tight! It is even hard to get back off!

Go to your local E-juice vape shop and sample a flavor. They put a little condom on the mouth piece. Keep it, I asked the guy and he gave me a handful.

Unfortunately the hopper still doesn't fit in the leather sleeve with it on, but it works and it's free!

Check it out!

The hopper has truly been a great little powerhouse! So far still all good (knock on wood!).

Hey Doc! :wave:

Thanks for sharing, great life hack :brow:
I'm just wondering if it's food/medical grade silicone? It has to resist some temps... if it's too hot for the lips, it might be offgassing something when not being made for this higher temp purpose..? Just wondering what material it is.

nickzzzx

Hey Doc! :wave:

Thanks for sharing, great life hack :brow:
I'm just wondering if it's food/medical grade silicone? It has to resist some temps... if it's too hot for the lips, it might be offgassing something when not being made for this higher temp purpose..? Just wondering what material it is.
They should be made of the same type of silicone. No need to worry if the original purpose was to provide a clean surface to put your lips on.

nickzzzx,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
alright guys i have been saving up my 420th post until i had something to actually say. i hope you guys/gals all peed and got a snack...

but first, a reddit-friendly:

TLDR: yes keep waiting in line - you will regret it if you cancel your order. sadly (to me) this thing is worth jumping thru any GH hoops they throw your way.

got my SS today (from someone else who made a nice lil profit, ssn below 1110) and coming from a mainly-arizer-solo/air-user (dome up screen, so abt 0.025g = 25mg loads), i can see myself getting rid of at least 1, but maybe even 2 of my vapes (also have analog volcano). ive been reading along here and kept my crying to reddit mainly so im in the loop, but i read the instruction manual anyways and it was really short, simple, easy & i really liked that for some reason (just skimmed through the batteries section).

there is a nice amount of heft to it (battery was inside) and the battery had a lot of charge in it initially. i did 3 burn offs (2 with the mouthpiece on & 1 w it off) @ max holding the tip side to the sky, and i could feel it getting very slightly warm at the tip end first, then uniformly throughout the body...not a bad thing more nice like how your car is slightly warm after you park it...it was not hot at the clicker end because i hadnt passed air thru it yet, so no true output yet. i threw it on the charger thru my laptop & it was blinking blue (full) in about 10 minutes or so.

UaPVwFb.jpg

then i took the slightest bit of fluff i could scoop on the end of @Ratchett 's spoon* and threw it into the GH & temp stepped 1 hit each level from 1-5 w hits a firm-medium uniformly accelerated breath for about 6sec. i would click the GH off @ about 7-8 sec (mid point of total lung capacity) then a forced partial inspiration for 1-2 sec = about 10 sec draws i guess. this resulted in a very nice golden-olive greenish ABV and i just dumped it**. i would estimate the amount in the first load was 1/6th of my normal dosage (~25mg). i felt a mild buzz. taste on 1 & 2 was great, might have got a tasty hit on 3 if i started there.

whmDvCg.jpg

hTjy5a4.jpg

8Itw7bZ.jpg

3Tj3zZg.jpg

not your standard size solo stem because of the dome-up screen:
yFVOL6D.jpg

then i decided to put my normal 25mg load in the GH. i measured out my solo stem and clumsily transferred it into the GH. i later realized that the ends of the solo & the GH has roughly the same OD, so if i bridged the solo stem* & GH shut with my thumb & finger, i could totally dump it all in the GH & just rub whatever is on the rim inside next time. i took the same kinds of breath i described before and in the first hit i was like yup i already combusted it (felt tingly throat, eyes watered a lil bit), then expired into my "smoke buddy" & went for a look inside & it was that same olive-colored gold color (NO COMBUSTION)! now i start writing this...i am currently higher than i have been with the solo/air and just realized i hit it on 5 due to my testing of the 1st round of fluff...about 20 minutes later, im taking another hit (even though i was still really high) and it did taste bad compared to the 1st one, so i think im gonna do a 25mg regular load in 2 hits (1 flavor & 1 kill) from now on...thats basically all ive ever wanted in a personal vape. satisfied. taking a 3rd hit about 20 min later and damn i got higher again off the same load, taste is gone...i am very very high (w my serious face on right now). ok im dumping it for real this time.

ABV
- north: GH abv after 3 breaths on level 5 max
- south: abv from conduction-style vaping
- east: fresh herb
- west: abv from convection-style vaping

NigPFHJ.jpg

i think its time to publish, FC/reddit...

other notes:
- the threading is super smooth i can basically spin it on/off
- i have to make opening it clicker-down a habit...ive been doing that opposite
- i do not find it hard to use 1-handed by balancing the body in my thenar space and using my middle finger to operate the clicker, but a disabled person might find it hard to use one handed
- it works well connected to my laptop & the magnetic field is VERY strong
- off the laptop, it seems to charge 1 of the breaths described above in about 12 minutes (for a person who takes a huge rip & puts it away for a while, 1 battery seems sufficient - esp if you always have some way for USB to charge)
- i dont find it (on max) to be extremely hot (if you see the airflow video test they have, you can imagine how the heat is all funneled to that point, which makes a dense air stream that made me think i had combusted earlier)
- i will have to test it with a glass piece to visualize when is the best time to really dump the ABV for efficiency
- @Ratchett made a silicone 18-14mm reducer that can act as a bridge to a glasspiece without coming near the tip and is black so would probably avoid discoloration
- i find the silicone condom unecessary without trying to use a glass piece - i would not travel with it
- this acts as a good 1-hitter and is my own missing link...i have a gray Ti that i preordered in late june 2015 that im def gonna hold onto and i might give this to my sister (so its still always close by to me haha)
- im loading the GH as soon as i dump my ABV so i can just keep the next puff a click away
- the apple-customer in me is already wondering what they have up their sleeve for v2...but im satisfied (and i still need my preorder to come in haha!!!)

*potential loading methods
- @Ratchett 's spoon scoop (consistency?)
- arizer solo/air stem inhale & dump (consistent dosage?)
- use mouthpiece to scoop and dump since threading is at TIP of mouthpiece (so unless you get the herb all the way to the tip where the threads are, it wouldnt get as gunked as i originally thought, but might be inconsistent loads)
- folded piece of paper to funnel dry material into GH

**so i have "convection ABV" & "conduction ABV" separated

IRffbUn.jpg

EDIT:

so it can be taken to full extraction in abt 5-6 hits of 25mg - i even tossed this in the conduction ABV jar and i might put my "convection" ABV thru my GH once more and just toss it in the graveyard for oil proccesing. another update is that i feel noticeably way higher from this device compared to my air/solo (relative to load size - ive been using dosed arizer stems for so long so im very used to the effect). i wonder if it is because of the yield i get from my 25mg in the GH compared to the yield from solo/air. have been keeping the GH on max the whole time - there is some breath control that can be done, but there is a point where the GH wins & you either have to pull away or click off.

LKZc0op.jpg

Last edited:

Elmafuf0

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
- i find the silicone condom unecessary without trying to use a glass piece - i would not travel with it

Have you tried getting 4-5 hits one after the other? My Ti gets really hot in 4 hits, thought everyone elses was the same...

I usually take long hits, starting slow and ramping up the drawing speed.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
My Ti gets really hot in 4 hits, thought everyone elses was the same...
Are you taking 4 puffs back to back?

Two tricks I found which REALLY helped mitigate the hot mouthpiece issue:
1) Click off the vape halfway through your draw and keep inhaling to help drain some of the heat out of the mouthpiece
2) Try holding the mouthpiece with your fingers between puffs - this helps draw heat out of the mouthpiece (and into your fingers - so be careful if it's too hot!)

If I slow down my pace with the Hopper, I could really puff away for a long session without the mouthpiece getting too hot.

Damn I miss owning a hopper, can't wait for my preorder to ship!

nonbeliever

My Purple Ti preorder Hopper just arrived! Very exciting! My early bird SS unit since July has been my daily driver.

Some immediate observations (non-scientific):

The Ti unit is noticeably lighter than the SS unit. I actually think I like the heft of the SS unit a bit better, but that could be from months of using it versus with the Ti opening the pack and trying it out. It also heats much differently (though my SS unit has a backend that has issues - it is slowly breaking down. Internal contacts aren't always making good contact in it (I wiggle the stem to fix it), and the pen clip gets PAINFULLY hot.)

The heater dial is more solid feeling than any of the the older ones (I have the 4th of what will be 6 backends on the SS right now, so these have all been older versions of the backend).

With the new TI unit, the temp dial turns more firmly, but smoothly. I can definitely tell that it is heating differently on similar dial points - though I'm sure part of that is due to the failing condition of the SS unit. I'm getting much better clouds on 4 on the Ti than the SS.

The draw is definitely different on the new Ti unit. it sounds different when pulling and seems to be an even easier and fuller draw, I need to experiment with that more however. The body did NOT get hot as quickly as happens on the SS unit it when I'm hitting it. Again, this could be a difference of the old body and the revised body if they changed insulation or design.

All in all, seems rock solid - in fact, industrial grade. I think I can now give up the SS unit for its repairs. woohoo!

Top Bottom