Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Now if only someone would make a SS one :)

(Love my Delta3D funnel, but SS would be SO much better)
I have a few different SS sizes I bought on Amazon though I don’t use them with my Hopper at all, just to fill herb in vials. I have different size vials too so I use the small and medium steel funnels which just fit inside the vial necks (I use 3 & 4 dram vials to store herb which handily pour into the Hopper which, again, I do by hand). I keep it simple though some prefer a funnel to load which I understand. Just not me though :D.

Without knowing the exact size, I’m sure there’s a stainless/metal one out there suitable for the task. I’ve never tried them with my Hopper though, lol. :peace:

Last edited:

freshly baked

Thanks for the dynavap tip- I'd never heard of them, and ordered one.
I use an external heater from pipes. Hes on the dynavap page on FC. Ended my search for my perfect vaporizer. Not to mention dumping the s*itty customer service you get with hopper labs. They are the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with... period.. vape and non vape

freshly baked,

david8613

There's definitely a number of funnels on the GH Accessories page from Delta 3D - flexible general multi-fit, GH only (normal and mini size), 2in1 GH+doobtube (normal and mini)

(there's also the MFLB Finishing grinder funnel which could be printed to fit the GH upon request, and really the customisation is endless depending on what you want to do)

yeah yeah, I'm pedantic, but consider this a plug.

1 vape, many options that are reasonably self explanatory, but the differences could be best explained by someone who has handled multiple versions, which I suspect was what @david8613 was after.

I'd probably go for the flexible or the mini, for durability/pocket-ability. If I used a doob tube, then the 2in1 makes sense. The V1 full size options seem to be the lesser choice - I think @Ratchett made the mini after comments from people using the full size version which pre-dates the other options AFAIK. Seems the OD is about the same on the flare end between the sizes, and the GH end is shorter and stronger. The full size is needlessly big, that volume looks like it could handle many chambers worth of ground herb.

IMG_7460__73887.1467817000.1280.1280.JPG

I'm sure @david8613 was just after some user confirmation that the item is good, to which of course it is, it's a Delta 3D accessory. You can't really go wrong, but I don't know, I've never tried.

I will note, the plain undyed PLA is the better choice for this task
But do note that printed PLA has a massive surface area and will become caked in kief, harvest bacteria and is a pain to clean.

this, I was looking closely at the options and I saw different funnels for different needs. now I was reading where it is important to keep the threads clean for best performance, is it just for the back end or both back end and front end threads for performance? would a metal funnel cause any electrical problems? I heard the body is part of the circuit or something like that and that's why the threads need to be kept clean for best performance.

oh and I am loving the grasshopper it is a very nice vape, a lot more powerful than it looks. I am glad I finally have one, I always wanted this super stealth vape for the collection!

MoltenTiger

is it just for the back end or both back end and front end threads for performance? would a metal funnel cause any electrical problems? I heard the body is part of the circuit or something like that and that's why the threads need to be kept clean for best performance.
A perfectly clean hopper will function best.

The back-end threads are an easily accessible spot to clean, and will gradually build up gunk and grit - from both disassembly/handling and from current being transferred between the body and back-end.
Grime will hinder this interface by increasing the resistance and reducing the potential energy the heater, and thus herb, can receive.
Blu tack, a firm bristled brush, DeoxIT application, or some other contact cleaner will clear this up and help deliver the best potential power.
Typically it's possible to remove a decent amount of grime, letting this build up will eventually prevent proper functionality.

The front end threads are less critical for performance, although gunked up threads likely indicate a dirty mouthpiece too. Spotless mouthpieces promote the best airflow, though again it takes a lot of build up for this to really be a functional problem.

A metal funnel shouldn't pose a problem, when filling, the device is normally not live, but even if it is, it shouldn't matter. The ordinary mouthpiece is conductive too

Vaporific

The front end threads are less critical for performance, although gunked up threads likely indicate a dirty mouthpiece too.
As happened with me early on in my Hopper ownership, the frontend got gunked up so badly and I inadvertently loosened the screen and was unable to thread the frontend on at all. I sent it back to HL and they sent me a new one which I still have. Cleaning it with a brush and insuring the screen doesn’t loosen at all, and with ISO either applied with a qtip or full frontend soak in ISO (I just recently bought PBW which others have used but haven’t tried yet) also helps.

Indeed, backend connections are most important. I’ve used light ISO and Blu Tack on the threads and ISO on backend contact; I just bought and haven’t tried De-oxit for the contact but perhaps tomorrow for a pre-holiday cleaning.

Happy Hoppergiving to all. :peace:

Vaporific

Always make sure your Hopper is warm before unscrewing the mouthpiece and you will likely never have a problem with the screen getting loose.
Not sure if I ever heard that but good to know. If you brush the frontend hard enough and counterclockwise I believe there’s a chance the screen will loosen a bit, which happened to me in my Hopper infancy days. Fine point tweezers (or something similar) will remove (or tighten) it altogether. I bought fine point tweezers for this reason just in case though, as someone recently mentioned, it’s good to remove it completely for a thorough cleaning on occasion.

I’m toying with the idea of ordering a new mag charger as I have the first gen and could use a second one (one for the car and one for home) - and throw a little donation at HL. We’ll see...:peace:

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I would consider doing a small production run of these if there is enough interest. Our current design replaces the original back-end (and battery) completely so there is no pass-thru charging, but it lets you stay powered up at home.
Was reading through older posts and saw this. Please post updates on when (if?) you go ahead with this, because I'm definitely interested :drool:

Heddgyhoggy

Hi All, i cleaned my hopper With blue tac and canned air and now it will not turn on. Red lights blink for a sec and shuts off. The heater gets hot. What mamy be the cause?

Heddgyhoggy,

Vaporific

Hi All, i cleaned my hopper With blue tac and canned air and now it will not turn on. Red lights blink for a sec and shuts off. The heater gets hot. What mamy be the cause?
If the backend threads are as clean as possible, try cleaning the backend battery contact with light ISO or De-oxit (or similar). I assume the battery is healthy and charged. Good luck! :peace:

Heddgyhoggy

If the backend threads are as clean as possible, try cleaning the backend battery contact with light ISO or De-oxit (or similar). I assume the battery is healthy and charged. Good luck! :peace:
Did that and nothing. When I press it on few times the body gets hoot

Heddgyhoggy,

Vaporific

Did that and nothing. When I press it on few times the body gets hoot
How long have you had the unit? Has it already been in for service?

Never had those symptoms with mine before it was RMA’d. I got it back in September after a year at HL for repair and it’s been working well and a lot better than it did before I sent it in. My heater or heater assembly was shot and replaced; I had ghost pulls beforehand and the backend also got hot on occasion but it was ‘usuable’ and turned on but not terribly effective. It’s a different and better story now post-RMA...:peace:

Heddgyhoggy

How long have you had the unit? Has it already been in for service?

Never had those symptoms with mine before it was RMA’d. I got it back in September after a year at HL for repair and it’s been working well and a lot better than it did before I sent it in. My heater or heater assembly was shot and replaced; I had ghost pulls beforehand and the backend also got hot on occasion but it was ‘usuable’ and turned on but not terribly effective. It’s a different and better story now post-RMA...:peace:
. I bought it lightly used im April and I’been using it almost everyday. It was my daily doser during the work week. No issues until today besides slightly worse performance. I guess that RMA is unavoidable. Bad time for that...

Red light blinking means low power, either your batt needs charging or you need a new batt.
It does not blink. Shows for a middle od the second only

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaporific

. I bought it lightly used im April and I’been using it almost everyday. It was my daily doser during the work week. No issues until today besides slightly worse performance. I guess that RMA is unavoidable. Bad time for that...

Sounds like an older unit but not sure. What’s the number on the backend? RMA can’t be ruled out at this point if you’ve tried different batteries. If you only have one then indeed RMA is likely the next step. Sorry. :peace:

Vaporific

Well, I’m down to 2 old batteries. The 3rd one yields one draw and then red. I may throw caution to the wind and use one or two (of 5) new ones I got a few weeks ago and used until I mothballed them after the HL fire. I’ll be vigilant with them as they’re all marked. I hadn’t observed any issues with the new ones while using them.

On the cleaning front, knocked off work early today and cleaned the backend thoroughly: Blu Tack and De-oxit (thin little applicator stick) which I hadn’t used before. Cleaned the backend contact and got a bit on the contact at the bottom above the heater. It was hard to tell if it reached but I think it did. It’s all working nonetheless! :D

I will have to say, again, after getting my Hopper back from RMA a few months ago it’s great to have it back and working WELL. It hits HARD and harder than my Furies. It’s also hotter (and shorter air path) and a bit harsher too but I really enjoy the quick heatup time and how hard the thing hits. All is good! :peace::peace:

Mr. Me2

The 3rd one yields one draw and then red.

This has happened to me too after one or two pulls. I decided to not believe the red lights and tried it after a cool down. And I was able to get extra pulls. Give it a try...you might get lucky.

Milking old batteries will have to hold us until ghl can get fresh ones in. I’m keeping the faith that ghl will pull through its recent catastrophe and we’ll see new batteries and new products.

slozukimc

Try blowing very hard back through the bowl a few times and see if that helps.

slozukimc,

david8613

Guys after cleaning you should let your hopper dry really good. liquids and electricity dont mix, even a tiny drop can mess up electronics. I always let all my vapes dry really good after a good cleaning.

Any videos on how to use blu tack to clean grasshopper, I brought some but I just want to make sure I dont do it wrong.

I picked up a nice affordable case from Amazon fits everything nicely not too big, looks cool and its leather! I like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom