• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
@Hjalmark you always find such cool stuff. (the vape, not so much the bag...)
I'm sure there's a box mod learning curve along with learning the Glow itself (you're a pretty smart guy), but they do look sweet, and tidy with those capsules. Have fun!

You might still want to consider one or two blast-proof bags!

Thank you for those compliments! Really brighten up my rotten day!

think I seen some other hoppernoids head over the 510 based vapes and the one fitting my needs was the glow as its based in Europe

I pretty sure I should actually get some of those bags as I have some random batteries lying around the house that I been planning to use for my DIY project

But anyway @vapviking thank you for being a part of community, there are some fantastic people here and I find fcforum is special in that way and something I never gotten from reddit

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
“3. If you would like to order any additional items and have them shipped for free with your warranty you must tell us now. We recommend extra batteries, the Performance Front-end and the silicon mouthpiece for those with units coming back from warranty. These are great additions. Add the items you wish to purchase to your cart and reply here so we can enable a free shipping option for you.”

What a joke in another final testing message to me. I’ve already ordered batts and tips in April but they don’t have any surplus of batts except shipping one with new units. They are pathetic. The positive side is they fixed my warranty message thread issue so I could reply to them. Let’s see if they actually fix my Hopper - or if it’s even the same one...:peace:

Vaporific

“3. If you would like to order any additional items and have them shipped for free with your warranty you must tell us now. We recommend extra batteries, the Performance Front-end and the silicon mouthpiece for those with units coming back from warranty. These are great additions. Add the items you wish to purchase to your cart and reply here so we can enable a free shipping option for you.”

What a joke in another final testing message to me. I’ve already ordered batts and tips in April but they don’t have any surplus of batts except shipping one with new units. They are pathetic. The positive side is they fixed my warranty message thread issue so I could reply to them. Let’s see if they actually fix my Hopper - or if it’s even the same one...:peace:
My pre-order Ti ordered in April ‘15 and initially delivered in July ‘16 is being shipped backed to me exactly one week short of a year being out of my possession. HL RMA sucks! I’m cautiously optimistic. I got very nasty at the end and dared them to prove they still had my unit let alone fixing it (yeah, I griped to them about their quality control issues and that some returned units didn’t work out of the gate or no better than sent it). I hope it’s truly fixed and they didn’t wrap it up fast due to my rants, mostly clean with a few choice words. We’ll see - late Saturday is the tracking ETA, which is about right for the East Coast.

Oh, and they graciously shipped my silicone tips with my Hopper, which were part of my - AHEM!!! - battery order. How friggin nice of them after a year - free shipping. Too bad I still gotta pay shipping when - AHEM!!! - the batteries finally show up, like for Christmas. I ordered the accessories in April - and they still don’t have spare batteries. Only for new units - what a joke! I only have 6 batteries, half original and the other a couple years old. Some are charging now. The best & most recent two are loaned to a friend attempting to diagnose his Hopper. Another RMA candidate and repair crapshoot fodder.

And he’s still waiting four fucking years for the steel case. Go figure. A friggin case. And don’t get me started again on the batteries - yeah I reamed HL too about their battery fiasco. We can’t make this shit up!
:peace::peace::peace:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Good news, my unit is finally reaching the final testing phase!

Yes when I saw that I immediatly gave a look at the GHL shop... but the batteries was still out of stock... I don't really need spares since I have still one brand new ghb2 and more used batteries.

My magnetic chargers was shipped in rma along with my Ti GH cause they wasn't working at all, I hope they will show back to my home but I'm afraid they will miss... last time I asked about them and status I didn't get any reply...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Today I'll be re-untied with a Ti Hopper sent to HL in Aug. '18. This is my 17th fulfilled warranty case.

#18 is still with them, likely another couple of months (from Nov. '18).

My current internal debate is over which Hopper (of 2) to make #19.

At this point I give props to HL and to my hearty self for sheer perseverance! :shrug:

Vaporific

My magnetic chargers was shipped in rma along with my Ti GH cause they wasn't working at all, I hope they will show back to my home but I'm afraid they will miss...
I’ve never used the magnetic charger and purchased a couple of Nitecore battery chargers that have served well. HL did indicate they were shipping my silicone tips along with my unit so hopefully they’re right. And for your sake too.

At this point I give props to HL and to my hearty self for sheer perseverance! :shrug:
Accolades go to you alone, my friend. You’re a saint for your time, patience and money spent with all the back and forth. If I were in your shoes and if my RMA’d unit - for the first time - doesn’t work or works no better than before, I would simply give up on HL. I know it’s a unique, niche vape but I’d move on. They still can’t run the company well from nearly every aspect as many of us can attest.

My Hopper should arrive tomorrow late afternoon/evening whereby a quick ISO cleaning will occur (I wouldn’t trust HL keeps anything clean from what I’ve read many pages ago about RMA’d units), a couple of burn offs, and then the moment of truth (batteries already fully charged though I wish - AHEM!!! - new ones were on their way with my unit). It’s either sink or swim time - I won’t be bothered with back and forth with HL any longer. :peace::peace:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It’s either sink or swim time - I won’t be bothered with back and forth with HL any longer.
I thought you were resolved at one point to cancel your battery order, like, that day, if HL didn't give satisfaction. Are you really prepared to throw in the towel if this Hopper fails in a couple of months? Or would you lay out 5 bucks to stay on the ride?
For me, it's been a lesson in attachment, or rather, how not-to-be.

Vaporific

I thought you were resolved at one point to cancel your battery order, like, that day, if HL didn't give satisfaction. Are you really prepared to throw in the towel if this Hopper fails in a couple of months? Or would you lay out 5 bucks to stay on the ride?
For me, it's been a lesson in attachment, or rather, how not-to-be.
Since they’re returning my unit and it will be in hand tomorrow, I’ve reserved judgement to not cancel the battery order - yet. I want to see if my Hopper works again, and works well. The one thing I neglected to mention is the battery order is not only for me but for a friend too. HOWEVER his pre-order Ti too likely needs RMA for the first time so he won’t need new batts right away. He seldom used his Hopper to begin with and the couple of batts I loaned him last weekend confirmed he needs an RMA. SO I could cancel the battery order, less the tips which should arrive tomorrow with my Hopper, or leave it be pending a working Hopper for me. If it fails after it’s back and batts haven’t shipped yet, YES, I’m pulling the plug on HL and cancelling the batt order. I’d rather spend my time and money on something reliable. I’ll admit Hopper is unique when it works well & consistent (I’ve said this many times herein - and empathize with everyone who’ve had great experiences with it) but that wasn’t always the case with my pre-order Ti and I’ll move on and buy a different portable flower vape ASAP. Money isn’t necessarily the object but I’m not one to have a large collection of vapes, just a few for different situations that work reliably!

It’s never easy. HL makes it hard most of the time and from inception - surely you @vapviking can attest - and with my luck or lack thereof. I’ve given them a chance, a friggin year long chance, so we’ll see.

TGIF to all. :peace:

Baron23

Out of my two recently returned GHs, one (my OG GH) is working wonderfully. It has plenty of heat again and I'm running it about 3.8 so I do have head room if I want to further cook a load.

Now, it does the blue light flicker but only on the first draw (I have no f*cking idea why) and when I hit the clicker turn it off at the end of a draw, I have to be careful to fully hold it down. I have noticed that if I just try to hit the clicker (they way I always did) quickly, I hear a click and the lights go red and I have to click again to turn it off. Minor annoyance.

When working, the GH is like the stripped down engine of a vape. Just love it for the niche it fits in for my use cases.

And, I acknowledge that I have bashed the crap out of this company for a very long time. Frankly, I still think they deserve every bit of grief that they get. But, I'm tired of it and am trying to give up indignant outrage as a emotion (yeah....sort of wish that the rest of the country would join me in this attempt LOL) and I'm going to try to no longer comment on them. I mean, they don't reply, they don't respond and its the proverbial :horse:

I think @vapviking 's experience says it all....17 RMAs and one still to go!! No need to say anything further about Hopper Labs, IMO.

slozukimc

Out of my two recently returned GHs, one (my OG GH) is working wonderfully. It has plenty of heat again and I'm running it about 3.8 so I do have head room if I want to further cook a load.

Now, it does the blue light flicker but only on the first draw (I have no f*cking idea why) and when I hit the clicker turn it off at the end of a draw, I have to be careful to fully hold it down. I have noticed that if I just try to hit the clicker (they way I always did) quickly, I hear a click and the lights go red and I have to click again to turn it off. Minor annoyance.

When working, the GH is like the stripped down engine of a vape. Just love it for the niche it fits in for my use cases.

And, I acknowledge that I have bashed the crap out of this company for a very long time. Frankly, I still think they deserve every bit of grief that they get. But, I'm tired of it and am trying to give up indignant outrage as a emotion (yeah....sort of wish that the rest of the country would join me in this attempt LOL) and I'm going to try to no longer comment on them. I mean, they don't reply, they don't respond and its the proverbial :horse:

I think @vapviking 's experience says it all....17 RMAs and one still to go!! No need to say anything further about Hopper Labs, IMO.
I am off to the post office with my first RMA. Here’s hoping it goes well.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Its far from being perfect situation and seems like a long way to go, but still...0 comparable alternatives
I used to think that, but the more I read about the box mod vapes like the splinter, stempod and dreamwood, the more I'm wondering if that's true. I am saving my pennies to try a mod and splinter and see how it really does compare.

MonkeyTime

RBT has a sale right now for $39 for a Splinter. They are huge compared to a Hopper.......

They are larger, but....

I have two Mi's and a Splinter, used them a lot, never had to send them in. Great flavor, but there is a learning curve and it's unregulated.

I have two GH's that have both been sent in more than once, neither really work now (again). When they work they give great flavor and fast extraction. The batteries are week, even new. I've texted all twelve of mine before use, they're all different out of the box. Two delivered new and unused were useless.

Most of us agree, when they work, they're unique. But they don't always work and they aren't supported well. It is great knowing that even when they don't work and I feel it's useless to send them in to be fixed, they still fit in my pocket.

slozukimc

They are larger, but....

I have two Mi's and a Splinter, used them a lot, never had to send them in. Great flavor, but there is a learning curve and it's unregulated.

I have two GH's that have both been sent in more than once, neither really work now (again). When they work they give great flavor and fast extraction. The batteries are week, even new. I've texted all twelve of mine before use, they're all different out of the box. Two delivered new and unused were useless.

Most of us agree, when they work, they're unique. But they don't always work and they aren't supported well. It is great knowing that even when they don't work and I feel it's useless to send them in to be fixed, they still fit in my pocket.
I hear folks over on Reddit saying they use cruise and temp control with the Splinter. I just got mine and need a stem before I can try it but I guess that’s for a different thread.........

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I hear folks over on Reddit saying they use cruise and temp control with the Splinter. I just got mine and need a stem before I can try it but I guess that’s for a different thread.........
Folks over here talk about it, too;
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/

Get your terms straight though! ;)
A stem is the glass mouthpiece that comes with Splinter and a box mod is what holds the battery and brains. Follow the yellow brick learning curve...over there...

edit- Or is this presumptuous of me? Did you get a used Splinter and just need a stem to complete it?

slozukimc

Folks over here talk about it, too;
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/

Get your terms straight though! ;)
A stem is the glass mouthpiece that comes with Splinter and a box mod is what holds the battery and brains. Follow the yellow brick learning curve...over there...

edit- Or is this presumptuous of me? Did you get a used Splinter and just need a stem to complete it?

Yes, quite presumptuous. I picked up an original Walnut Splinter with no stem. I have a box mod. Probably use it most on my mechanical mod so it works like a Milaana.

Vaporific

A minor miracle occurred - my Hopper arrived Friday night after work just in time for the weekend. I think it's back, I really do. I wish I had friggin new batteries (AHEM, H(E)L(L)!!! - I MEAN WTF??? I'M THE POOR GUY WHO'S WAITED A YEAR TO GET MY HOPPER BACK AND WHO'S NEWEST BATTERIES ARE ALMOST THREE YEARS OLD, SO HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO USE THE FUCKING THING WITHOUT THEM?!?!?! IT'S ALREADY MID SEPTEMBER AND IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MAY/JUNE!!!!!!).

Now that I've gotten that out of the way - I've done a half dozen chambers over the weekend (interspersed with my Furies :) ) and the heater seems to be doing much better. As such I've even had to dial it down to 3.0 from my usual 3.7-4.2 before RMA. I use it natively most of the time (without a silicone tip though I did order and receive one with the unit) with the standard frontend (not PFE). It definitely is hotter in the throat but then I haven't used it in over a year and it was never efficient the last year before sending it in. I'm also taking shorter draws now since the heat difference now is more noticeable - in a good way. I haven't had it in a year

It definitely hits well and the effects are great again. I definitely love using it again and missed using it - so quick and simple. AVB seem better now and the unit is extracting better too; one chamber was not quite done and I bumped up the temp to 3.5 and got a nice notable buzz finishing the chamber. Before RMA I could rarely do that. I noticed the front of the unit is getter hotter than the backend even turning down the temp though HL has stated the PFE is recommended with the latest internal. No thanks - not giving them more money except for... BATTERIES. However the opposite is true at the end of a battery's charge/life. Not terribly scientific but casual observations.

I even tried it with a 9 inch water pipe however, though fully charged, my oldest batteries made the lights go red after 5 seconds so I couldn't filter it - and my better/newer batts weren't charged as I used them initially when I got it back. But it seems like it back which is what I was truly hoping for. A couple of my newer batteries are on loan to a friend to diagnose yet likely another RMA going in soon (a pre-order like mine).

HL has not endeared me to them yet. I want to wait and see how this performs over weeks and months but it's a decent start. WHERE THE H(E)L(L) ARE THE BATTERIES??????:peace::peace:

slozukimc

A minor miracle occurred - my Hopper arrived Friday night after work just in time for the weekend. I think it's back, I really do. I wish I had friggin new batteries (AHEM, H(E)L(L)!!! - I MEAN WTF??? I'M THE POOR GUY WHO'S WAITED A YEAR TO GET MY HOPPER BACK AND WHO'S NEWEST BATTERIES ARE ALMOST THREE YEARS OLD, SO HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO USE THE FUCKING THING WITHOUT THEM?!?!?! IT'S ALREADY MID SEPTEMBER AND IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MAY/JUNE!!!!!!).

Now that I've gotten that out of the way - I've done a half dozen chambers over the weekend (interspersed with my Furies :) ) and the heater seems to be doing much better. As such I've even had to dial it down to 3.0 from my usual 3.7-4.2 before RMA. I use it natively most of the time (without a silicone tip though I did order and receive one with the unit) with the standard frontend (not PFE). It definitely is hotter in the throat but then I haven't used it in over a year and it was never efficient the last year before sending it in. I'm also taking shorter draws now since the heat difference now is more noticeable - in a good way. I haven't had it in a year

It definitely hits well and the effects are great again. I definitely love using it again and missed using it - so quick and simple. AVB seem better now and the unit is extracting better too; one chamber was not quite done and I bumped up the temp to 3.5 and got a nice notable buzz finishing the chamber. Before RMA I could rarely do that. I noticed the front of the unit is getter hotter than the backend even turning down the temp though HL has stated the PFE is recommended with the latest internal. No thanks - not giving them more money except for... BATTERIES. However the opposite is true at the end of a battery's charge/life. Not terribly scientific but casual observations.

I even tried it with a 9 inch water pipe however, though fully charged, my oldest batteries made the lights go red after 5 seconds so I couldn't filter it - and my better/newer batts weren't charged as I used them initially when I got it back. But it seems like it back which is what I was truly hoping for. A couple of my newer batteries are on loan to a friend to diagnose yet likely another RMA going in soon (a pre-order like mine).

HL has not endeared me to them yet. I want to wait and see how this performs over weeks and months but it's a decent start. WHERE THE H(E)L(L) ARE THE BATTERIES??????:peace::peace:
Keep cycling your batteries on a good charger. I had a couple that were weak but I used them a lot and they improved some. Might work seeing they have been stored for so long. Good luck!!! Glad to hear your Hopper is back to you!

NOLOGO

don't forget to try the fury mouthpiece on your hopper. It's a pretty magical combination!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Vaporific , we're glad your piece is back. Long may it run.
I got one back a few days ago after more than a year and it's all fucked up.
The original charger came back with it, as did the GHB1 I had sent along.
The whole Ti Hopper had a patina on it, I assume from sitting unhandled for 13 monhs. It polished up very quickly with a cloth, and I'm surprised they hadn't wiped it down. All internals appeared quite clean, burn-offs were unremarkable.

It can get to blue lights in about 3 seconds, but won't stay there for long before blinking either red or solid red, and now it seems to have settled into skipping the blue, going straight to red. I've tried alot of the usual gyrations and have actually vaped 2 or 3 nice bowls, but they took a long time with all the clicking and wondering if next time would work or not.

I re-opened my warranty dialog on this one.

I have also opened a new warranty request for a Green Ti whose back end is fucked up, asking if they'll please just send me a new back end for this one -- as they've done 3X already in 13 months' time. Having multiple units lets me use process of elimination and determine if I have a bad body or back end, and sometimes HL believes me and agrees to a swap.

I have also made inquiry about yet a 3rd warranty issue. Had one SS body go bad in Nov. '18 and requested a replacement. On this unit, Hl said they'd send me a new body in 7 to 10 days (!) and that I could get an update on that anytime. So I have managed, without getting cranky, to ask for the update. Maybe they'll see the irony without me pointing it out.

One thing saving me is that I've now paired the Green Ti body with the back end from the SS and it's the best working hopper I've had in a long time! (The Green body is back just a couple of months from warranty and has free-draw, fast heat-up, etc.

@Baron23 for the moment I'm with you.
Not gonna :bang: or:horse: or:myday:

Y'all can do that for me. :wave:

Top Bottom