• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Bass Vaper

Got my units back today (they received them on Fri 10/28), almost 4 weeks ago. They replaced both chargers. One that they sent back doesn't work.

She told me it took longer than normal to get my units back because she was replacing my blue Ti body and they were waiting on colored ones to come, yet they didn't replace the body. They didn't do anything but send new charging cables.

They pretty much had 2 of my units for almost 4 weeks only to replace the chargers, and one of those is faulty. The SS still gets burning hot. They didn't even fix the sizeable gap between the mouthpiece and body on the blue Ti.

More bang up work from the Labs. Oh wait, they tossed in an extra battery. I thanked them for that.

If you're thinking of buying a Hopper, do your homework. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Hopefully they'll be out of business soon.

Edit: I take that back, I would wish it on my worst enemy.

Bass Vaper,
Reactions: vapen00b

Mr. Me2

Figure on 6-7 days.

Quick question for anyone who has one of Ratchett's leather cases:

Is it possible to remove and replace the hopper in its sleeve while the case is closed? In other words, do you HAVE to unsnap and unroll the case to get to your hopper?
I agree with @Kalessin. Removing the gh from the closed @Ratchett case is no problem. I rarely try returning it to its sleeve with the case unopened. Practice, practice, practice....

Have I said how much I love @Ratchett's gh accessories recently? For me, his case, stand, and mini scoop and poke are must-haves!

Kaptan

They didn't even fix the sizeable gap between the mouthpiece and body on the blue Ti.
Someone helped me with this problem and it's a very simple solution. You just need to purchase precision tweezers, which are about $4 at most pharmacy stores like CVS. Using the tweezers, you can grip the internal MP screen and tighten so when you screw on the MP to the body, there will no longer be a gap. You also may consider an external charger so you no longer need to rely on GH faulty chargers.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They didn't even fix the sizeable gap between the mouthpiece and body on the blue Ti.

Someone helped me with this problem and it's a very simple solution. You just need to purchase precision tweezers, which are about $4 at most pharmacy stores like CVS. Using the tweezers, you can grip the internal MP screen and tighten so when you screw on the MP to the body, there will no longer be a gap. You also may consider an external charger so you no longer need to rely on GH faulty chargers.
I had this gap also and it was the mp screen just as @Kaptan is saying. The precision tweezers (or better? anyone?) is a good answer.
I caution that depending on how much use it's seen, the screen may be embedded in gunk and the mp(=screen) threads are probably a little gunked, soooo, keep in mind the tricks, warm iso soak or maybe a boil in water or maybe a hairdryer. Gonna watch the fingers, of course. Might take time and patience.
I'm guessing that on this one issue, HL may see this as user maintenance/cleaning type thing.
Sorry about the less than great experiences, @Bass Vaper.
Has there been any return/refund discussion?

Icon13

Serial Vapist
So, Harper Labs wants me to send my grasshopper in. I think this is total hogwash!

I received my Hopper roughly 1 month ago. After 3 days of ownership the light will turn red and the device would go dark and not heat up. After this happened the device would also not charge. The device would blink red about 8 times, then go dark and never turn blue. The battery would not charge either.

Harbor Labs sent me a new body, and advised that the malfunction with the body could have affected the charger. When I received the new body, the charging issue was exactly the same. I have the old style Charger, so Hopper lab sent me the new style Charger to replace it. I have the same exact issue with the new style Charger. Luckily, I have an external charger.

I contacted Hopper labs and suggested that perhaps the backend has issues because the charging issue is exactly the same on the new body and the new charger.

No, they want me to send everything into them. I told them I would prefer not to because my Hopper works and I have an external charger. They refused to send me a backend. Instead they are suggesting that perhaps both bodies had charging issues, or both Chargers have charging issues despite the Chargers being different models.

They literally told me they want to try a different charger and see if it works. And if that does not work they will try a different body. I guess with their high defective rate, it doesn't matter that I have two of each component. They also said it is very unlikely the backend is the issue.

So, my question to all of you... Do any of you live in the Bay Area and have a working Hopper and charger? I really don't want to send mine in and wait when I could be using it because I don't even use the proprietary charger, I just want it as an option to charge on the go. I would love to test the charging ability of my Hopper/charger with your body and charger to see if it makes a difference. If you help me out we can have a really nice Vape session outside of a Starbucks or something.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Saw an interesting tweet from GH celebrating 3 yr anniversary. Saying they have shipped over 15000 vapes. Considering last people to receive GH #'s are 24xxx gives us some idea of what an order number means
b67d165e5e.png

Nice little snippet of hopper history

ooo

Figure on 6-7 days.

thanks for the reply. today was the 7th day and i just got my shipping notice.

unrelated but, i've been following the RBT Milaana thread and the Firewood 4 thinking maybe i'll get a new vape because, you know, VAS, and i just can't bring myself to pulling the trigger on either of these. when i got to thinking about it, i'm really happy with my Hopper. it's been my daily driver for almost 5 months now and i don't ever have to worry about combusting with it, i don't have to mess around with glass pods or have to worry about glass stems breaking, it's very easy to clean, and it won't chip or get cracked like wooden vapes if i were to drop it. i do love the looks of the ones i mentioned before but, i guess what it comes down to for me isn't all about that right now. my Hopper looks cool, it performs well with no problems and it's stealthiest vape out there. sorry for the rambling, i just wanted to give Hopper Labs some praise and some positive feedback for creating this great little device.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
My hopper and I just got back from a 3D matinee of Dr. Strange. Nothin' goes better with some kickass vaping than some mastery of the mystic arts. I'm hoping the theater staff finds my eyeballs and mails them to me soon. Lots of fun!! Especially since I was the only one in the theater - my idea of heaven.

As the previews start I pull out my hopper with a MFLB stem in the silicon condom. Click it on and 5 seconds later I'm "putting on my 3D glasses" before I even open the plastic wrap on the ones they gave me on the way in; clicking merrily on and off as I take my hits. As I'm pulling my third (or was it fourth?) hit, an usher comes in to do that "security walk" up and down each aisle. Didn't expect him quite that early. Don't know what he saw as he walked in behind me, but when I noticed him at the end of my aisle I just slipped my hand loosely around the lights, clicked it off and dropped my hand to my lap. If he saw anything, it obviously didn't bother him. Once he left I resumed. Finished off another couple of hits, tucked the hopper back into my pocket, and enjoyed the show.

So yeah, those little lights are pretty bright in a dark theater. For propriety's sake I'll be working a bit more on my stealth mode for those kinds of situations. I had brought my Smoke Buddy filter with me but wasn't using it since I was alone. Again, if he smelled anything, he didn't react.

JoeMama

I caution that depending on how much use it's seen, the screen may be embedded in gunk and the mp(=screen) threads are probably a little gunked, soooo, keep in mind the tricks, warm iso soak or maybe a boil in water or maybe a hairdryer. Gonna watch the fingers, of course. Might take time and patience.
I'm guessing that o

For @Bass Vaper , I'd like to add to this sage piece of info on MP removal...
Do not press down any more than is necessary to keep the tweezers in play. I learned on my first MP removal that this will "dent" the screen somewhat. Sure, it's sturdy enough, but I was pressing to keep the tweezers locked in the holes. In fact, almost "neutral" pressure is best. Likewise when screwing it back in.

Finally, to offer a further tip, I find it easiest to place the MP on a tabletop, holding the MP with one hand and, with the other, hold the tweezers STILL, and rotate the MP itself. I find more control that way and don't have to rotate the tweezers, which is less stable.

My hopper and I just got back from a 3D matinee of Dr. Strange. Nothin' goes better with some kickass vaping than some mastery of the mystic arts. I'm hoping the theater staff finds my eyeballs and mails them to me soon. Lots of fun!! Especially since I was the only one in the theater - my idea of heaven.

As the previews start I pull out my hopper with a MFLB stem in the silicon condom. Click it on and 5 seconds later I'm "putting on my 3D glasses" before I even open the plastic wrap on the ones they gave me on the way in; clicking merrily on and off as I take my hits. As I'm pulling my third (or was it fourth?) hit, an usher comes in to do that "security walk" up and down each aisle. Didn't expect him quite that early. Don't know what he saw as he walked in behind me, but when I noticed him at the end of my aisle I just slipped my hand loosely around the lights, clicked it off and dropped my hand to my lap. If he saw anything, it obviously didn't bother him. Once he left I resumed. Finished off another couple of hits, tucked the hopper back into my pocket, and enjoyed the show.

So yeah, those little lights are pretty bright in a dark theater. For propriety's sake I'll be working a bit more on my stealth mode for those kinds of situations. I had brought my Smoke Buddy filter with me but wasn't using it since I was alone. Again, if he smelled anything, he didn't react.

I did Dr. Strange last week on opening night (mistake!); so I had to Hop before I walked in.
But when I saw The Machine on Saturday, we were sitting right behind one of the smoke machines. :brow:

Mr Mellish

thanks for the reply. today was the 7th day and i just got my shipping notice.

unrelated but, i've been following the RBT Milaana thread and the Firewood 4 thinking maybe i'll get a new vape because, you know, VAS, and i just can't bring myself to pulling the trigger on either of these. when i got to thinking about it, i'm really happy with my Hopper. it's been my daily driver for almost 5 months now and i don't ever have to worry about combusting with it, i don't have to mess around with glass pods or have to worry about glass stems breaking, it's very easy to clean, and it won't chip or get cracked like wooden vapes if i were to drop it. i do love the looks of the ones i mentioned before but, i guess what it comes down to for me isn't all about that right now. my Hopper looks cool, it performs well with no problems and it's stealthiest vape out there. sorry for the rambling, i just wanted to give Hopper Labs some praise and some positive feedback for creating this great little device.

I should get my FW4 tomorrow. I love my SS and Ti GH's but if you chase flavor, the FW3 kicks ass. Nothing I have can touch it. But, it's a totally different experience from the GH and they complement each other.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
15,000 Hoppers in the wild is an exciting number.
And they've managed to turn around warranty requests for me consistently within a couple days, sometimes same day. This is an indication that they are either doing much better with QC or have hired a crazy number of repair techs. I believe the first is more accurate.
Of course, my experience of "consistently" handled requests has come from 6 different failures of two hoppers in 3-1/2 months. But if they had a couple hundred there in the Hopper Hospital that would be more apparent in the turnaround.

I want to give a shout out to some members over at the Fuck You!!! thread. (Were I there I'd have phrased that differently) Brilliant concept and though I've known of it for a long time I hadn't posted there. Chimed in once the other day and felt immediately GREAT. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/fuck-you.10554/

Hammahead

Hm.... some 5 weeks after I received the new Backend, it looks like I'm having an issue again. The last days, I had an occasional blue/read blinking when I pressed the button.
- Day-umm... there we go. Hoppy kicked the bucket on this weekend. PoPo lights got constantly on, that was it. Made it clear what the issue was: temp sensor. Registered my warranty request sunday and was told yesterday they'd send me a new body and I should send in the broken one when I get the new. Makes me think maybe I should have made the request when it was till (mostly) working.

Bass Vaper

Sorry about the less than great experiences, @Bass Vaper.
Has there been any return/refund discussion?

Thx man. They don't do refunds. They have not offered to cover any shipping. They did replace two mouthpieces for me and gave me free leather case a year ago. I did thank them for that.

They asked me to send a video showing the new charger not working, so I did. Once I get these working well enough where I don't feel like I'm selling someone a lemon of a used car, I'll get rid of them. Hopefully they will honor the warranty if sold, but I don't think they do. So I'm prob stuck with them.

Thx for the advice and tips though, fellas. Nice to get some love somewhere

My buddy got his FW4, way too many parts for my taste. It seemed fine though. Didn't care for the actual wood mouthpiece and little straw thingy sticking out. Seemed like it was a slobber fest.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Cant understand what should be so difficult with this item. So many customers want to have one and are waiting for it such a long time. Of course they have a lot of work and troubles alone with the Hoppers. But to develope and produce this case cant be rocket science. Just want to understand it!?

mephisto

Well maybe Caroline is anti-onboard charging as well. I ordered the new generation charger 3 weeks ago. It must be shipping in the same package as my stainless steel case, with oils front end, and leather sleeve.
Give the people what they want, or at least honor a refund if you are not producing these other items.

Getting the cop lights on my Ti hopper. Fiddling with the switch, ramping temp up and down, and swapping batteries has kept me going, but for how long?

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I had a dream last night I got the hopper but it was 9 feet long and around 60 kilos, weirdly enough the guy in the post office handed me it without packing and one handed, I asked if there were any batteries and he just told me "are you really ready for that? "

Yeah fever dreams go well with my week long fever, couple of nights before I dreamt my daughter bought a hoddie that the hud was a unicorn head that kept calling me a bitch . . .

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well maybe Caroline is anti-onboard charging as well. I ordered the new generation charger 3 weeks ago. It must be shipping in the same package as my stainless steel case, with oils front end, and leather sleeve.
Give the people what they want, or at least honor a refund if you are not producing these other items.

Getting the cop lights on my Ti hopper. Fiddling with the switch, ramping temp up and down, and swapping batteries has kept me going, but for how long?
Cops lights can be one of two things, one needs repair, the other is overheat warning. See trouble shooting guide on website under Information.
When I had it there was no coming back, no intermittent working/not. I had to get a new body.

Top Bottom