Discontinued The Grasshopper

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm looking to finally get on the list for the hopper but had a quick question for you guys. Have they solved some of the issues with all the defective units? I already own a crafty and I'm not trying to have two vapes that will need to be warrantied many times.

(edit: VAS too strong already bought it)

Eh you'll love it. And lifetime warranty. Broke on Saturday of last week. Getting new body tomorrow. Not bad considering all the holidays.

tubasco

Eh you'll love it. And lifetime warranty. Broke on Saturday of last week. Getting new body tomorrow. Not bad considering all the holidays.
What body are you getting? Do you get a tracking number for replacement parts?

Caroline told me on 10/5 they'd ship me one "soon." (I have Green Ti)

tubasco,

JoeMama

Hey all....

Sorry to go off-topic but just briefly if yo don't mind....

I've been using my little Purr bubbler and it's getting very resin-y in there, especially on the water line, but the only thing I can literally scrub is the neck/stem...

What's the best way to clean these things? The Web says ISO and salt but is that enough to get what I can't reach?

Appreciate the inputs!

Icon13

Serial Vapist
3 days in and my Hopper is already not functional. Rapidly flashing red lights. I filled out a warranty request already. I am so excited. Will it fit properly? Will the colors match? Oh, so exciting. Let's see what the Hopper lifetime warranty lottery have in store for me!

And best of all tomorrow is my birthday! At least I have you Evolutions Vape, Old Reliable :love:

Bass Vaper

I am sending two of my Hoppers back for hot back ends. The Ti's are superior devices to the SS in my opinion. Batteries are trash.

Last edited by a moderator:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey all....

I've been using my little Purr bubbler and it's getting very resin-y in there, especially on the water line, but the only thing I can literally scrub is the neck/stem...

What's the best way to clean these things? The Web says ISO and salt but is that enough to get what I can't reach?

Appreciate the inputs!
I've recently tried and liked PBW (1lb jar from Amazon for about ten bucks), Powered Brewer's Wash, it's like a food safe oxy clean. I found a plastic bottle that my glass parts will fit in and give them a soak (one at a time, mostly) then rinse. Squeaky clean glass. Very slippery stuff; is the word surfuctant? That sounds silly atm, but I mean to say kinda a surface tension breaker? Does this make sense. Been hoppin' early today...but the stuff works. Gotta be a little careful with the mixture, I used about 1/8 cup per quart of water.

3 days in and my Hopper is already not functional. Rapidly flashing red lights. I filled out a warranty request already. I am so excited. Will it fit properly? Will the colors match? Oh, so exciting. Let's see what the Hopper lifetime warranty lottery have in store for me!

And best of all tomorrow is my birthday! At least I have you Evolutions Vape, Old Reliable :love:
Flashing red lights are signal of weak battery, and there are suggestions to try...I see that on chart in the Fixes thread,
http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/grasshopper-fixes.11/
go about halfway down to Flowcart.
Maybe it will yet work for your birthday!

Baron23

Hey all....

Appreciate the inputs!

Read this thread. PBW is fabulous.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/page-45#post-999760

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok I'm trying to get my screen out but it's stuck. I noticed my tweezers are broken and not even. Gonna bit up Walgreens. Today I should be getting my new TI Body and my vapexhale turbine (both things that broke last week).

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Ok I'm trying to get my screen out but it's stuck. I noticed my tweezers are broken and not even. Gonna bit up Walgreens. Today I should be getting my new TI Body and my vapexhale turbine (both things that broke last week).
How do you like your turbine? I was actually looking at purchasing one. I care the most about flavor, I don't need much diffusion and I don't mind some drag.

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
jYzgJME.jpg

I was relaxing at the coffee shop with my trusty SS Grasshopper, @AJS style. I updated the fixes resource to add a section about the pin in the backend.

When I got home and finished the chamber it seemed like performance was declining. I bumped it up to temp 5 and got a decent hit. The next hit I got the slow red and blue flash indicating sensor malfunction.

I tried all of the fixes to no avail. Then I switched batteries. The first one was at 3.82 so it should have been fine for a couple more hits at least.

When I put the new battery in it turned red and then the light turned off, no blue or slow red/blue flashing. Well that was weird.

I turned it back on and got rapidly flashing red/blue lights, indicating overheating. The Grasshopper was room temperature at this point. I tried again and got the same rapid flashing. So I just ran through three of the major errors in a span of a couple minutes. :hmm:

I turned the temp dial down to 4. Then I did the temp dial twist fix again, even though it was smooth and not gritty the first time I had done it moments earlier. I also twisted the backend on and off for the second time.

After this process of repeating the fixes with the new battery installed, I turned it back on and it went straight to solid blue. I took a hit and it gave me the great performance I'm used to. The last chamber was giving me anemic performance and the difference was night and day.

The only question is how long will this last? Should I go ahead and initiate a warranty claim now? The only reason I'm hesitating is because my Ti is out for service. I don't want to have to return my backup hopper, especially if it is functioning, albeit sporadically.

There is a possibility they would just ship a new part in which case I might have it sooner than I get my Ti back. I guess it could go either way.

I've been using my hoppers with water at temp 5 more often lately, it really makes me wonder if that's what has caused my issues. It makes me want to just stick to 4 in the future, maybe just a notch over, say 4.2.

That's just me though, I can be superstitious sometimes.

AJS

Calm Consistency
jYzgJME.jpg

I was relaxing at the coffee shop with my trusty SS Grasshopper, @AJS style. I updated the fixes resource to add a section about the pin in the backend.

When I got home and finished the chamber it seemed like performance was declining. I bumped it up to temp 5 and got a decent hit. The next hit I got the slow red and blue flash indicating sensor malfunction.

I tried all of the fixes to no avail. Then I switched batteries. The first one was at 3.82 so it should have been fine for a couple more hits at least.

When I put the new battery in it turned red and then the light turned off, no blue or slow red/blue flashing. Well that was weird.

I turned it back on and got rapidly flashing red/blue lights, indicating overheating. The Grasshopper was room temperature at this point. I tried again and got the same rapid flashing. So I just ran through three of the major errors in a span of a couple minutes. :hmm:

I turned the temp dial down to 4. Then I did the temp dial twist fix again, even though it was smooth and not gritty the first time I had done it moments earlier. I also twisted the backend on and off for the second time.

After this process of repeating the fixes with the new battery installed, I turned it back on and it went straight to solid blue. I took a hit and it gave me the great performance I'm used to. The last chamber was giving me anemic performance and the difference was night and day.

The only question is how long will this last? Should I go ahead and initiate a warranty claim now? The only reason I'm hesitating is because my Ti is out for service. I don't want to have to return my backup hopper, especially if it is functioning, albeit sporadically.

There is a possibility they would just ship a new part in which case I might have it sooner than I get my Ti back. I guess it could go either way.

I've been using my hoppers with water at temp 5 more often lately, it really makes me wonder if that's what has caused my issues. It makes me want to just stick to 4 in the future, maybe just a notch over, say 4.2.

That's just me though, I can be superstitious sometimes.
Woo! Love it! Unfortunately followed by bad news :/

I see almost no reason to go to 5. So much is extracted at 4, really is. I can go from a fully roasted, no vapor at 4, put it in my Milaana, and go to black in 1 hit. That shows there truly isn't much left in there if it's only sucking out color with little vapor.

4.2 for those special nights ;)

I see no reason why very long hits on 5 wouldn't help be a GH killer, but again, I understand wanting to vape with no restrictions.

I think a lot of people don't want to "waste" by cashing something that's yellow/brownish. If you have the funds, save the energy and cash it imo. I don't even keep my abv anymore, vaping just seems already so effective.

My GH is still running strong thankfully. Random hot backends, I'm experimenting with not screwing backend all the way and trying to reposition the backend to see what yields the most consistent results. No patterns yet, but backend remains cooler more now than it did when I first got it and used it. Progress is good.

I thought I would use the GH mostly for on the go and water, but I rarely use it for water. Grab my Milaana 80% of the time unless the GH is already packed and I'm trying to finish it off. I find the flavor falls off through water and I think I stress the unit more.

When I do though .. And do it properly, it's very nice. I use the GH for temp stepping a lot and that's honestly not the most effective in water, as the flavor hits aren't dense enough in the can to produce the flavor wanted, and it is replaced with what seems like whispy vapor / flavor instead of a terpene-rich resinous hit when used dry. When starting at like 3.5 through water, it gets dense enough to where you keep flavor and lose the whisp. Hope this makes sense.

Temp stepping dry - good
Temp stepping water - not so good
High temp greens dry - not so good
High temp greens in water - mind blowing

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
How would I use this without it falling out of the bottom of the turbine.
I think the friction of the silicone will keep it in place. If using a glass one I would put it on the mouthpiece of the Grasshopper before inserting it into the hydrotube. You could do that with the silicone, but I think it would stick to the glass once inserted.

JoeMama

This is exactly what happened with my grey Ti when it failed it's first (so far it's only) time. If I futzed with batteries I would get lucky for a few cycles, and then it would happen again. After a couple of more days, it went cop-lights so often that I decided it wasn't worth the hassle; I felt like a hamster on crack looking for a fix.

Me too.... Been using T5 a lot with water, and...

I still maintain that T5 should NOT shorten Hopper life or cause failures. PERIOD. Now, maybe it DOES, but in engineering terms, we call that Bullshit.
I swear by Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, that I will push this thing as it is advertised, and if I have to keep getting it repaired, so be it. Until they get the fuckin' point and make one that doesn't fail when used at it's limits.

I see almost no reason to go to 5. So much is extracted at 4, really is. I can go from a fully roasted, no vapor at 4, put it in my Milaana, and go to black in 1 hit. That shows there truly isn't much left in there if it's only sucking out color with little vapor.

4.2 for those special nights ;)

I see no reason why very long hits on 5 wouldn't help be a GH killer, but again, I understand wanting to vape with no restrictions.

I concede this may be a good point from the perspective of extraction at T4 being all you really "need"; and without water I almost never pass 4.2. If I had a big momma vape to finish ABV off, I'd be buying a lot less for consumption. So until I figure out how to get the most of ABV, I decided the hopper would be a good T5 toaster as long as I use water.

When I do though .. And do it properly, it's very nice. I use the GH for temp stepping a lot and that's honestly not the most effective in water, as the flavor hits aren't dense enough in the can to produce the flavor wanted, and it is replaced with what seems like whispy vapor / flavor instead of a terpene-rich resinous hit when used dry. When starting at like 3.5 through water, it gets dense enough to where you keep flavor and lose the whisp. Hope this makes sense.

I found myself seeing this as well, AJS... I've learned to appreciate the florals and terpines on a T2.5-3, and one or two more at 3-3.5, and then once I hit 4 I'll use water til it's done, which could be 2-3 nice draws.

MoltenTiger

Sad to see more cases of units being little shits

@Vapor_Eyes file a warranty, that sounds like the first problems I had with my original hopper. Still waiting for that ones third body to arrive and for my blue Ti replacement to ship..

It's been pretty awesome being able to use someone else's. Bulk your orders and grow your hopper insurance circle. Anyone who likes weed should try it

Lol wrote that before falling asleep, got stupidly vaped off my mates bronze hopper last night, had proper amnesia for a few hits when I literally had no idea if I had even had my chamber or not.
Still waiting on Aussies shit postage service to deliver me the goods.

@JoeMama you were missing hot water rinses, possibly stronger alcohol and mechanical action with your glass cleaning.
RezBlock (cranberry extract) makes a big difference in cleaning ease, but the sugars can grow mold and I just had to get some PBW to fix a dumb mistake on my part of leaving water in my billy whilst I was away on a trip :(
PBW is basically magic but only necessary for an intense clean and it will destroy labels or metal fuming on glass.
Vaping bubblers really don't require it, but it's handy stuff to have and I'm keen to get some more. I just use RezBlock and hot water rinses with alcohol used at the sign of early build up, maybe once or twice a fortnight - glass sparkles daily And requires little effort. PBW is probably cheaper and easier though, as long as it's safe for your bong

Top Bottom