The Flower Kettle by Custom Flower Hardware

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I have been enjoying mine daily now for a little over a month, and find myself as always trying new things here and there, but the Kettle has definitely been my daily driver since I got it. I have pretty much everything out there and I think the statement above is pretty accurate. Everyone will have their own preferences but I am finding the Kettle to be my favorite vape in my collection by quite a big margin. They always say a picture is worth a thousand words, or videos don't lie. Well, I don't see any other manufacturers posting videos on a regular basis (let alone on a daily basis LOL). This vape is definitely worth every cent. You can microdose if you want, it's incredibly versatile and amazingly good in all situations, and dare I say in the entire time I have had it I have not even been tempted to use any water with it, the vapor is so clean that I have used it dry all along and haven't even thought about it. Tonight maybe I'll try a bit of water. The vapor produced reminds me of a Subliminator I built from parts for myself a while ago (and that held my favorite position until FK#2 showed up at my door).

I find myself wanting to post here often but hate posting only positive reviews with no negatives because I feel like it doesn't seem as genuine but honestly, I have been playing for 40+ days now and the only real negative I can think of is the exposed coil, which is very common now. So just be careful with animals and children and your hands (or any other body parts) and this may just be the perfect vape.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
I have been enjoying mine daily now for a little over a month, and find myself as always trying new things here and there, but the Kettle has definitely been my daily driver since I got it. I have pretty much everything out there and I think the statement above is pretty accurate. Everyone will have their own preferences but I am finding the Kettle to be my favorite vape in my collection by quite a big margin. They always say a picture is worth a thousand words, or videos don't lie. Well, I don't see any other manufacturers posting videos on a regular basis (let alone on a daily basis LOL). This vape is definitely worth every cent. You can microdose if you want, it's incredibly versatile and amazingly good in all situations, and dare I say in the entire time I have had it I have not even been tempted to use any water with it, the vapor is so clean that I have used it dry all along and haven't even thought about it. Tonight maybe I'll try a bit of water. The vapor produced reminds me of a Subliminator I built from parts for myself a while ago (and that held my favorite position until FK#2 showed up at my door).

I find myself wanting to post here often but hate posting only positive reviews with no negatives because I feel like it doesn't seem as genuine but honestly, I have been playing for 40+ days now and the only real negative I can think of is the exposed coil, which is very common now. So just be careful with animals and children and your hands (or any other body parts) and this may just be the perfect vape.
Perfect.... except for the new and improved bottom part he's working on ;)

My finances didn't go quite as planned to allow me to get one this month so I settled for a Screwball as my holiday gift to myself. However, I'm really excited to put these two machines together for a side by side comparison. Seems like they are the MOST versatile machines for flower that are out right now. I'm stoked to compare functionality. This one looks like it'll likely be better overall but I LOVE diffuser bowls so it'll be an interesting comparison from my perspective.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
680 on an auber...:tup:

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

Why is it that people will eat up the volcano but not something like what we just witnessed in this last video?

Also, once this is inevitably covered by vape media, will there be long wait times for this thing?
I would think because Storz and Bickel are a long established company who will spend fortunes on R&D.
They also have a medically certified Volcano and are known in the vape community as one of the best makers of vaping units from desktops to portable devices and have been so for a long time.
No disrespect to custom flower hardware but they aren’t in the same league. Their unit is probably better than a Volcano but Storz and Bickel don’t just post videos every day of the owner doing a vape hit In their garage.
Also the Volcano is a lot less expensive.
Flowerpot or Sublimator would be a better comparison and they are long established too.
As for the waiting times. I’d think yes there will be a long wait time as I don’t think the owner is going to be producing huge amounts of units at a time.
Must add the unit looks amazing but I would not pay the asking price and a lot will be the same. I bought the Screwball early adopters pack as it was such a good deal. Flower kettle, not so much imo. I would love one though, I’m just not the target market.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I would think because Storz and Bickel are a long established company who will spend fortunes on R&D.
They also have a medically certified Volcano and are known in the vape community as one of the best makers of vaping units from desktops to portable devices and have been so for a long time.
No disrespect to custom flower hardware but they aren’t in the same league. Their unit is probably better than a Volcano but Storz and Bickel don’t just post videos every day of the owner doing a vape hit In their garage.
Also the Volcano is a lot less expensive.
Flowerpot or Sublimator would be a better comparison and they are long established too.
As for the waiting times. I’d think yes there will be a long wait time as I don’t think the owner is going to be producing huge amounts of units at a time.
Must add the unit looks amazing but I would not pay the asking price and a lot will be the same. I bought the Screwball early adopters pack as it was such a good deal. Flower kettle, not so much imo. I would love one though, I’m just not the target market.
You aren't the target market because you have been promoting the screwball and comparing the screwball to this vape from day one. There aren't wait times because it's made in Colorado down the street, not in China where it takes 2 months to get parts that don't fit together. There will be most likely 100 units ready before Christmas. And 10 day turnaround after that. Again USA born, and made. The vape you purchased was such a good deal because it is what it is bro. We've seen your videos on it (2?) and, well, it is what it is. The Volcano has been around the longest, with the most plastic. Yes, does it make it the best? Then why did I sell mine and keep the Herbie? If you say it compares with the FP and such then why have mostly all of our customers have their CH gear up for sale on the exchange right now? Good vapes, cheap, go take a look! I was transparent on the costs early in the thread, what does the SB cost to make? Anyway, if you review the thread you'll see we promised to manufacture here in the USA but we're searching for better prices which we would pass to current customers in the form of another FREE head or FREE new game changing bottom piece. I feel sorry they came out at the same time but hey, that's business. I've been in this game for over 10 years and have purchased every vape I own. Dare I say one of the most experienced vaporists out here. This is how we came up with a winning design. I've been doing vape videos that long as well just to see the clouds, as well as to show the community how each different desktop and portable unit can be pushed to its max potential, sort of a teacher in a sense. So while I appreciate your interest, I just wanted to clarify a few things. We've invented the next level here and will reinvent the next level hopefully by next week with the second part. No vape on the market does what the FK does. Hold on, I'll show you I'm just waking up!:D let me put my balls back in, now where did they roll off to?:shrug:
Edit:

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

You aren't the target market because you have been promoting the screwball and comparing the screwball to this vape from day one. There aren't wait times because it's made in Colorado down the street, not in China where it takes 2 months to get parts that don't fit together. There will be most likely 100 units ready before Christmas. And 10 day turnaround after that. Again USA born, and made. The vape you purchased was such a good deal because it is what it is bro. We've seen your videos on it (2?) and, well, it is what it is. The Volcano has been around the longest, with the most plastic. Yes, does it make it the best? Then why did I sell mine and keep the Herbie? If you say it compares with the FP and such then why have mostly all of our customers have their CH gear up for sale on the exchange right now? Good vapes, cheap, go take a look! I was transparent on the costs early in the thread, what does the SB cost to make? Anyway, if you review the thread you'll see we promised to manufacture here in the USA but we're searching for better prices which we would pass to current customers in the form of another FREE head or FREE new game changing bottom piece. I feel sorry they came out at the same time but hey, that's business. I've been in this game for over 10 years and have purchased every vape I own. Dare I say one of the most experienced vaporists out here. This is how we came up with a winning design. I've been doing vape videos that long as well just to see the clouds, as well as to show the community how each different desktop and portable unit can be pushed to its max potential, sort of a teacher in a sense. So while I appreciate your interest, I just wanted to clarify a few things. We've invented the next level here and will reinvent the next level hopefully by next week with the second part. No vape on the market does what the FK does. Hold on, I'll show you I'm just waking up!:D let me put my balls back in, now where did they roll off to?:shrug:
Edit:
I'm sorry if I have offended you in anyway pal, that really was not my intention. I've followed the thread from the start and I think what you have made is amazing. Maybe I could have worded my post better but I just felt that the CH stuff and sublimator Orion was a better comparison.
I truly hope you have changed the game in this style of vape and I wish you all the success in the world.
I'm also completely out my head as I've just got home from 6 weeks in hospital with my wife who almost died so I wouldn't take anything I say too seriously.
Maybe because of the state I'm in but I don't remember ever posting a vid. I post pics.
The screwball was my first vape of that kind so I'd imagine that's why I was so impressed with it and still am. All I have ever done is post how I feel about my vape, I don't consider that promotion. I thought that was the point of this place
Do you think that Chinese manufacturers will copy your design? Not that I would buy one but if the flower kettle is that good I'd imagine a Chinese copy will turn up. I'm serious, not being sarcastic.
I hope you have a good one.

Last edited:

.brew

Do you think that Chinese manufacturers will copy your design? Not that I would buy one but if the flower kettle is that good I'd imagine a Chinese copy will turn up.
I'm sure eventually there will be a copy but, as mentioned earlier, it will be difficult because of the exacting precision that is expensive to do no matter who is doing the labor (as he mentioned earlier, other manufacturers looked into the costs and bowed out).

You are right, though, about not everyone being the target market. This is US made and some people won't care but it does make a difference in cost even if you don't agree it makes a difference in quality. I also bought a screwball because why not...it's got a 100 day return period...but don't imagine I'll use it often and will almost certainly pass it to a buddy or someone on the forum. But they are two different styles (aside from the country of origin) anyway with this one being an injector whereas the screwball is diffuser--the only similarity being they're both ball vapes. In what, somewhere in the next few to five years, all of these open coil styles will most certainly be relics.

I don't have much comment on the Volcano other than to say I was old when it was released and older still now ;) I don't remember it ever being regarded in the way you are talking about it with some sort of reverence. It was also just a super expensive piece and that added to some allure or mystery to it, I guess. It was a novelty party piece to us smokers and no go for those of us who were glass (many of us focused on body and earth consciousness before vaping was ever a thing) only because the vape delivery was a *plastic* bag. It's probably held in high reverence now simply for existing for so long and not because of any special properties.

Take a look at all the people vouching for this piece...we've been here for 10-15 years. The downside to the screwball is that it doesn't bring anything new to the table--it's the same design, albeit less expensive, than all the other coil ball vapes on the market. This at least brings some new engineering. Both are in-house designs and I'll support the entrepreneurs on this site so long as they're honest but all three of us (you, me, Jerry) all agree "it is what it is" in terms of what each vape is offering to its customers.

I can't tell anyone this is "worth" the price and I can't say it isn't--that's a personal (or family rather lol) decision. Certainly the raw materials even ignoring the labor merits the cost but cost and price are two different things although they are often conflated (an iPhone is priced what it is because the market supports it--regardless of the cost). Since I've been using an EVO with hydratubes for the past ten years I had to dig out an old hand blown tube from decades ago. Imagine my surprise when I wanted to get a nice worked piece to go with this one that the pieces I used to spend hundreds of dollars on are now thousands and *tens* of thousands! I mean, I know all those famous blowers, used to sit in their shops and watch em do their work before they got to where they are now, but all I can do is congratulate them on their success.

Again, some of us have been members here almost longer than some people commenting have been alive. Not that it gives me or anyone any extra authority but it does point to this device appealing to a specific demographic at this point in time.

Top Bottom