The Flower Kettle by Custom Flower Hardware

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Hello FC Family! :wave: My name is Jerry. Formerly ShayWhiteGrow on FC. This has been my home base for vaping since 2013 and the Iolite. I've enjoyed watching the industry grow from the Volcano and Iolite, and become what it is today, a bounty of sleek, cool devices that all do the same thing, save your lungs!:myday: I've made a lot of good friends over the last 10 years hear as well as had the chance to experience almost every unit that has been released during that time.:nod: So last year my niece Marissa moved out here from Philly to Colorado with Neil, her significant other from New Jersey. I already had the idea and a sketch of the vape done and was working with the likes of @VGOODIEZ, @phattpiggie, @Ed's TnT, @VAPEHUNTER, and @HughJundys. :rockon: Turns out Neil is a PC Monster and when we spoke when they moved here we started drafting a 3d drawing right away. :cool: We named our vape the Flower Kettle. Kettles produce steam. Flowers in a kettle produces flower steam (vapor) We named our company Custom Flower Hardware because that is exactly what we are. We drew up the part, brought it to life on the screen, and went to a local metal shop to make it happen. Being a local, mom and pop, CNC shop here in the USA, the price WE PAID for the first 20 we ran off was between $300-$350 per unit (top/bottom).:o This being the case, From my experience in the industry, I already knew that price is higher then most kits on market sell for, although, with a pid and glass rig we'd be priced right in line with some others kit pricing. That being said, when I got the piece in my hands I was blown away! :razz: The quality and machining were stellar and second to none! :bowdown: I must remind you that I have every other head out, so I could do a 1 on 1 comparison with my prototype. After doing that and testing it, Neil, Marissa, and I decided that to make it work we were going to have to sell a premium kit to match the quality of the head. We started our LLC and are now in the process of getting our site, processor, and shipping all set up. In the meantime, my brother from another mother, Scott, has taken on the first 20 units to sell on Vgoodiez.:clap:
20230821-174545.jpg

20230821-171309.jpg

The Stainless Steel, quarter pound, heater head as well as the aluminum unit stand were designed and produced in Longmont, CO. :tup: The Handles for the coils as well as for the TI cyclone carb cap were made by @Ed's TnT in Mississippi. :nod: The glass ball picks were done by @SSV_Steve_Elev8 in Colorado Springs, CO. :wave:

The head consists of a heat pillar, 20mm, that sits in the bottom of the head. Then a 5/8in SS screen sits on a ledge over the pillar leaving it room to spin. Right above the screen is the bead reservoir that is filled with ~120/3mm SIC beads or ~100/4mm Zirconia beads. (Vgoodiez offers multiple kinds of beads if you'd like to switch it up). Then the top screws on with a satisfying motion, tightly. Its very easy to unscrew on and off to swap media or clean.

The function of the vape is different from what currently is on the market today.:tup: Basically the beads act as the battery, not to diffuse the air. Air passes through the top of the unit through 7 top inlet holes onto the beads. The beads heat the air then the air is channeled down a funnel that encapsules the heat pillar. The heat pillar spins with and superheats the hot air from the balls even further before the air is directed out of the bottom. The air is diffused evenly through 6 holes a touch above the bottom, out the sides. The air then hits glass before the load and cooks evenly while increasing the bowl temp with the flow. This makes stirring unnecessary.:o When loading a bowl you can just dump it in, no more spreading evenly across the screen because the head and airflow takes care of that.:rockon: You can put the head directly onto the load, ground or whole, as well without scorching or burning.:razz: You can leave the head sit on the bowl throughout your session because of the design, the bowl top will get hot, not the bottom of the bowl, the joint, nor you glass piece. It's been good with testing directly on my 18mm glass rigs but why risk it? Use the bowl as a spacer when using concentrate. :tup: I've ran her successfully at 400 on a DC box up to 700 on an auber 300b. She can also work naked (no balls/screen/pillar inside). I took eveything out of the Kettle and went to 625 on a DC box with Incredible results! It's modular, its a Powerhouse!:tup:

The Heat pearl sits in the top of the unit. The Kettle cap goes onto the top after concentrate is placed in the top dish area. With your draw Speed the pearl will start to spin at a high rate of speed to distribute the concentrate throughout the dish. Concentrate can be used alone, without flower or both with flower together. :2c:Its important NOT to remove the cap before the ball stops spinning because it could fly out hot and cause injury.:2c: The ball and cap can also be used without concentrate to make the air adjustable/turbulent:nod:.

This, in my opinion, Is the most advanced heating device on the market today.:nod: We are a small, family startup working with a small family Vgoodiez and small family CNC shop, all USA.:clap: We are intending to market this to the connoisseurs in particular because we know this price point is a hard pill to swallow for some during these times.:\ We are also actively working on avenues to lower the package price now that we have a winning design.:) We appreciate your interest and are looking forward to some of these getting out into the wild!:nod:
20230821-144638.jpg

20230821-144424.jpg

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hello FC Family! :wave: My name is Jerry. Formerly ShayWhiteGrow on FC. This has been my home base for vaping since 2013 and the Iolite. I've enjoyed watching the industry grow from the Volcano and Iolite, and become what it is today, a bounty of sleek, cool devices that all do the same thing, save your lungs!:myday: I've made a lot of good friends over the last 10 years hear as well as had the chance to experience almost every unit that has been released during that time.:nod: So last year my niece Marissa moved out here from Philly to Colorado with Neil, her significant other from New Jersey. I already had the idea and a sketch of the vape done and was working with the likes of @VGOODIEZ, @phattpiggie, @Ed's TnT, @VAPEHUNTER, and @HughJundys. :rockon: Turns out Neil is a PC Monster and when we spoke when they moved here we started drafting a 3d drawing right away. :cool: We named our vape the Flower Kettle. Kettles produce steam. Flowers in a kettle produces flower steam (vapor) We named our company Custom Flower Hardware because that is exactly what we are. We drew up the part, brought it to life on the screen, and went to a local metal shop to make it happen. Being a local, mom and pop, CNC shop here in the USA, the price WE PAID for the first 20 we ran off was between $300-$350 per unit (top/bottom).:o This being the case, From my experience in the industry, I already knew that price is higher then most kits on market sell for, although, with a pid and glass rig we'd be priced right in line with some others kit pricing. That being said, when I got the piece in my hands I was blown away! :razz: The quality and machining were stellar and second to none! :bowdown: I must remind you that I have every other head out, so I could do a 1 on 1 comparison with my prototype. After doing that and testing it, Neil, Marissa, and I decided that to make it work we were going to have to sell a premium kit to match the quality of the head. We started our LLC and are now in the process of getting our site, processor, and shipping all set up. In the meantime, my brother from another mother, Scott, has taken on the first 20 units to sell on Vgoodiez.:clap:
20230821-174545.jpg

20230821-171309.jpg

The Stainless Steel, quarter pound, heater head as well as the aluminum unit stand were designed and produced in Longmont, CO. :tup: The Handles for the coils as well as for the TI cyclone carb cap were made by @Ed's TnT in Mississippi. :nod: The glass ball picks were done by @SSV_Steve_Elev8 in Colorado Springs, CO. :wave:

The head consists of a heat pillar, 20mm, that sits in the bottom of the head. Then a 5/8in SS screen sits on a ledge over the pillar leaving it room to spin. Right above the screen is the bead reservoir that is filled with ~120/3mm SIC beads or ~100/4mm Zirconia beads. (Vgoodiez offers multiple kinds of beads if you'd like to switch it up). Then the top screws on with a satisfying motion, tightly. Its very easy to unscrew on and off to swap media or clean.

The function of the vape is different from what currently is on the market today.:tup: Basically the beads act as the battery, not to diffuse the air. Air passes through the top of the unit through 7 top inlet holes onto the beads. The beads heat the air then the air is channeled down a funnel that encapsules the heat pillar. The heat pillar spins with and superheats the hot air from the balls even further before the air is directed out of the bottom. The air is diffused evenly through 6 holes a touch above the bottom, out the sides. The air then hits glass before the load and cooks evenly while increasing the bowl temp with the flow. This makes stirring unnecessary.:o When loading a bowl you can just dump it in, no more spreading evenly across the screen because the head and airflow takes care of that.:rockon: You can put the head directly onto the load, ground or whole, as well without scorching or burning.:razz: You can leave the head sit on the bowl throughout your session because of the design, the bowl top will get hot, not the bottom of the bowl, the joint, nor you glass piece. It's been good with testing directly on my 18mm glass rigs but why risk it? Use the bowl as a spacer when using concentrate. :tup: I've ran her successfully at 400 on a DC box up to 700 on an auber 300b. She can also work naked (no balls/screen/pillar inside). I took eveything out of the Kettle and went to 625 on a DC box with Incredible results! It's modular, its a Powerhouse!:tup:

The Heat pearl sits in the top of the unit. The Kettle cap goes onto the top after concentrate is placed in the top dish area. With your draw Speed the pearl will start to spin at a high rate of speed to distribute the concentrate throughout the dish. Concentrate can be used alone, without flower or both with flower together. :2c:Its important NOT to remove the cap before the ball stops spinning because it could fly out hot and cause injury.:2c: The ball and cap can also be used without concentrate to make the air adjustable/turbulent:nod:.

This, in my opinion, Is the most advanced heating device on the market today.:nod: We are a small, family startup working with a small family Vgoodiez and small family CNC shop, all USA.:clap: We are intending to market this to the connoisseurs in particular because we know this price point is a hard pill to swallow for some during these times.:\ We are also actively working on avenues to lower the package price now that we have a winning design.:) We appreciate your interest and are looking forward to some of these getting out into the wild!:nod:
20230821-144638.jpg

20230821-144424.jpg

In a few months I will grace my desk with this beaut. Maybe I can get some gem cut balls to throw in there too ;)

My z8 diffuses and heats the air with the beads. The extra step of having a dedicated diffuser pillar and the 6 holes seems like it could make a deciding different in heat distribution. I'm excited. That being said, how would you compare it to your zx/sx/z8? Airflow? Taste? Density? Efficiency?

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
In a few months I will grace my desk with this beaut. Maybe I can get some gem cut balls to throw in there too ;)

My z8 diffuses and heats the air with the beads. The extra step of having a dedicated diffuser pillar and the 6 holes seems like it could make a deciding different in heat distribution. I'm excited. That being said, how would you compare it to your zx/sx/z8? Airflow? Taste? Density? Efficiency?
Unfortunately I cannot compare per rules here friend but I can show you a demo video on the high end of the temp spectrum. .15 flower and concentrate...:)

Madtater

Unfortunately I cannot compare per rules here friend but I can show you a demo video on the high end of the temp spectrum. .15 flower and concentrate...:)
Nice rip right there!

Almost got you coughing at the end though😂….could see it in your face before the slow mo started

The FK looks interesting for certain, i just don’t know how i could justify it (aka lie) to the wife to grab the kit.

I Wish you nothing but luck in this endeavor!

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I feel like a retard videiong myself taking vape rips, but gosh damn I own alot of vapes (my signature ia just a recollection when we were screwing around). This could definitely be a contender for one of the best vapes I have ever used. Again, I took two hits and I'm bazk to work, so I;m in no position to give a real review other than the initial shock value that this is definitely a contender for best vape of all time.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
You live the scene for years and I want u in the game but the price is unreal man.. You gotta sell just the head + roof around 300$ or less.. I would buy from you if I were still in the game and not just an engineer - observer
All I can say to that brother is that you get what you pay for in life.:tup: if I added a pid for 100 and glass for 100 that would bring it to less then other premium kits out there for sale.:nod:

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
All I can say to that brother is that you get what you pay for in life.:tup: if I added a pid for 100 and glass for 100 that would bring it to less then other premium kits out there for sale.:nod:
Nah I think what he's saying is to sell it without the coil or coil handle? I like the inclusion of those things. I know I'd buy it intending to get a handle then never get the handle lol. I do think the option to buy parts separately would be good for a lot of people though.

Cannabiker

You live the scene for years and I want u in the game but the price is unreal man.. You gotta sell just the head + roof around 300$ or less.. I would buy from you if I were still in the game and not just an engineer - observer
In the introduction, Jerry explains that:
Being a local, mom and pop, CNC shop here in the USA, the price WE PAID for the first 20 we ran off was between $300-$350 per unit (top/bottom).
So $300 or less would probably be a little unreasonable.

GoldenBud

the price WE PAID for the first 20 we ran off was between $300-$350 per unit (top/bottom)
how is it possible? the Zeal is 40$. you can share a proof of it or it's too much to ask between a FC homie to another FC homie?
because I really want to see you sell this, just your competitors are way cheaper than you, and the size is not too different. a bit.. yea.. sort of..but not a huge difference..

if the Zeal is made in China, make your Kettle in China too. it's a SS316 vape, not SS316 Chemical Reactor that must be thick and supports up to T=900F and P=200bar..... you can do it in China if it will make it more competitive price...

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
how is it possible? the Zeal is 40$. you can share a proof of it or it's too much to ask between a FC homie to another FC homie?
because I really want to see you sell this, just your competitors are way cheaper than you, and the size is not too different. a bit.. yea.. sort of..but not a huge difference..

if the Zeal is made in China, make your Kettle in China too. it's a SS316 vape, not SS316 Chemical Reactor that must be thick and supports up to T=900F and P=200bar..... you can do it in China if it will make it more competitive price...
This is something I can agree on. Outsource to a quality manufacturer once you can do larger bulk orders to drop that price. If the premium performance didn't come at such a premium price, the whole community would eat this up. That being said, until you have the money to do that I think it would be wiser to stay closer to home for convenience and reliability, even if the quality is the same.

GoldenBud

This is something I can agree on. Outsource to a quality manufacturer once you can do larger bulk orders to drop that price. If the premium performance didn't come at such a premium price, the whole community would eat this up. That being said, until you have the money to do that I think it would be wiser to stay closer to home for convenience and reliability, even if the quality is the same.
When we talk about SS316 that should support only high temp and not high pressure, you can definitely get a Chinese SS316 if you have done your "homework" and found a good place that will make it for you. Absolutely not needed to be American.

If you need high P and high T maybe then yea

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
We'll see.:nod: The design isn't just a straight bored hole with 2 screens like everything else is so there's that. :cool: I know current makers that have tried to look into making a piece like this and they stop looking because of the price to machine a quality piece like this. :tup:Those who haven't looked don't know. Once people have in hand, they'll see the quality and not have a problem with the price. As I said, I have them ALL so I can see side by side and that makes me confident in this release.:science: 3 are in the wild with 3 stellar reviews, not counting myself (the guy people send vapes to, to test, for years). I would take a pic of the receipt from the metal shop for you, but bro, my rep speaks for itself, and I sure don't have to accommodate such a request.:myday: They're Ferraris, and there are pintos, as I have said before. Now that this is out, there really is no stopping the comparisons coming from people who have both, which is really what I can't wait for.:nod: China is great, don't get me wrong, but an American made profuct like this? :clap: Well, didn't someone just reference the Flower Kettle as the greatest vape ever above^? :popcorn: I spoke to the price and solution in the first post yet here we are again, hopefully we cleared that up now and can move on from here.:horse:

GoldenBud

Nobody knows if you are a Ferrari or a Mazda. none of your competitors shared the thickness of their SS316, the mass, etc' nobody knows anything!!!

I know that you're a FC respected member for years and contributed a lot, yeah, I am well aware, question is if your clients aware? price is important to them

it's a competition, and I need you to have a good price brother!

that's why price is the first thing you need in mind, because most people will distinguish a small difference between this to your SS316 competitors but 10x more price on the head+roof........

My last comment about pricing here I think. good luck brother

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Nobody knows if you are a Ferrari or a Mazda. none of your competitors shared the thickness of their SS316, the mass, etc' nobody knows anything!!!

I know that you're a FC respected member for years and contributed a lot, yeah, I am well aware, question is if your clients aware? price is important to them

it's a competition, and I need you to have a good price brother!

that's why price is the first thing you need in mind, because most people will distinguish a small difference between this to your SS316 competitors but 10x more price on the head+roof........

My last comment about pricing here I think. good luck brother
2 people already stated its a ferrari. :tup: 3 including myself. :worms:I'm glad it's your last comment on pricing.:science::bowdown: I shared my weights and thickness on here. I am well aware of my competitors thicknesses and quality as I have them here in hand. :myday: QUALITY is the first thing WE had in mind, not price, putting this together, the price is what it is to be produced and released. The clients see the performance videos just like you and I. :popcorn: There are only BIG differences between this and other vapes.:cool: The Flower Kettle release will show that there is another path to success in this field besides the race to the bottom as another member has coined it.:tup: people pay 900 bucks for wooden vapes and wait for years. Artesian wood, artesian metal, yea, both worth the price!:sherlock:

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
because your huge country are full of metals and wood is somehow scarce, good luck brother ❤️ i remember your great videos and will always recommend if you the price will be reasonable!
I appreciate, but if I got into this thinking I needed recommendations from certain members? Well? They're already coming in! :nod: Thanks and see you around in the other threads friend.:tup: This is one of my favorite recommendations from my respected community friend and peer.. Scott @VGOODIEZ
https://vgoodiez.com/products/flowe...?utm_medium=product-links&utm_content=android

cvs8floz

Considering that I just bought a Zeal kit with PID and 6-wrap coil for under $150 and that the CH heads sell for around $100, I don't think the Flower Kettle has much of a chance. I already own multiple PIDs and coils and when I look at the $749 Flower Kettle kit, all that interests me is the head itself, which I would consider purchasing if a) I can use it with a coil and PID I already own and b) it is priced somewhere in the $100-$150 range. I have now tried several new ball vapes but keep going back to my original B1 setup because it delivers all the calories I need, has a wide open airflow and doesn't irritate my throat. I am done shopping around and picking up every new ball vape, in the end, they all produce bigger clouds than I can handle. This is just the personal view of a dedicated vaporist with limited funds who is not a collector of expensive "high-end" pieces.

GoldenBud

Considering that I just bought a Zeal kit with PID and 6-wrap coil for under $150 and that the CH heads sell for around $100, I don't think the Flower Kettle has much of a chance. I already own multiple PIDs and coils and when I look at the $749 Flower Kettle kit, all that interests me is the head itself, which I would consider purchasing if a) I can use it with a coil and PID I already own and b) it is priced somewhere in the $100-$150 range. I have now tried several new ball vapes but keep going back to my original B1 setup because it delivers all the calories I need, has a wide open airflow and doesn't irritate my throat. I am done shopping around and picking up every new ball vape, in the end, they all produce bigger clouds than I can handle. This is just the personal view of a dedicated vaporist with limited funds who is not a collector of expensive "high-end" pieces.
Let's hope he catch 20 rich vaporents and then will move his production to China. if he'll do so he'll survive big time IMHO. he has great reputation from his OG videos in the snow etc', people know him

Top Bottom