The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious

Liable to snap at any moment.
I've had my Firefly 2 about six weeks. For the people who "just don't get it" I was one of you -- for almost a month.

Here's my personal take on what you're doing wrong: primarily, I was taking all the talk about a "long, slow draw" too seriously. Since you can't take any fast draws, I assumed I should toke as lightly as possible.

This is really wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Using the FF2 always makes me think of an old Willie Nelson quote about "...one of those little Keno girls who could suck the chrome off a bumper hitch". Remember that image; that's the ideal you're seeking.

And that's how I get good clouds from (almost) every hit: I pretend that the Bork has assimulated me as a vacuum cleaner. If you're not thinking about your lungs collapsing by the 30-second mark, you're not sucking hard enough.

Serious,

kcmochris

Here's my personal take on what you're doing wrong: primarily, I was taking all the talk about a "long, slow draw" too seriously. Since you can't take any fast draws, I assumed I should toke as lightly as possible.

THIS is the sort of "coaching" and tips for technique I'm looking for as a new owner/operator (2 days in).

I find myself trying to pull softly until I hear the whistling sound by the mouthpiece that has been informally mentioned around YouTube and forums like this and on Reddit....so while I am accomplishing LSD (15+sec, slow and long)--I feel I am constantly focusing on how hard I am pulling...

kcmochris,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
THIS is the sort of "coaching" and tips for technique I'm looking for as a new owner/operator (2 days in).

I find myself trying to pull softly until I hear the whistling sound by the mouthpiece that has been informally mentioned around YouTube and forums like this and on Reddit....so while I am accomplishing LSD (15+sec, slow and long)--I feel I am constantly focusing on how hard I am pulling...

Just draw up to the point where you feel the natural resistance of the FF. Too softly and you aren't pulling hard enough. Too hard and fast, and you will be struggling against the resistance of the unit, and overwhelming the heater. Like all vapes, let the device itself gate your draw speed and intensity...all vapes tell you, by their resistance, how hard you should pull. You just have to learn how to feel, naturally, where that point is.

And most importantly, draw for at least ten seconds, and ideally at least twenty.

kcmochris

Thanks, @mitchgo61. That's kind of what I intuitively end up doing and it makes sense. The amount of flowers packed, fresh vs. vaped slightly, whether using a pad or not, etc--these are all factors in draw resistance.

If you've ever driven with a manual transmission (stick shift), it reminds me of that sweet spot between clutch and gas when you're starting to pull off in 1st (or 2nd) gear.

kcmochris,
Reactions: mitchgo61

Serious

Yeah, I'm thinking convection isn't for me. Quality item though.
Too bad, I just learned that eBay won't accept vaporizers any more. They're just "trying to protect the safety of our customers".

Serious,

Mango

Is there a way to stop the weed from getting into the mouthpiece. Thankfully theres a small filter inside the mouthpiece stopping the weed from getting inside your mouth.

But digging the weed out from the mouthpiece becomes a pain after a while...

Edit: I read somewhere to just remove the filter. Anyone can confirm that it helps?

By the way, the firefly app is broken. Cant even connect to the app even when you are activating the device with the two touch. Its rare to even connect to the app. I was wondering if the device remembers the settings without connecting to the app?

Last edited:
Mango,

rrnarewatt1

I'm really enjoying this vaporizer but there are major battery issues. Battery indicator is not accurate and it dies after two sessions. If the battery life can be improved this vape is a game changer. I think I'm going to have to contact the company /:
Anyone else have these issues and solved the problem?

rrnarewatt1,
Reactions: b0

b0

Cloudy...
So I'm back after the weekend trying the 2nd battery and has the same issues as the first one.

24 draws and 20 hours of battery, much less than what people is enjoying here. So now time to wait until ff get in contact with me and see what they want to do. Will love if they can send a tested working battery to see if it works or not, but I think that they will want me to send everything to test.

For the good news, I can't understand why people is having so much problems using this unit. My gf is totally new to the vaporizers world and only tried my EVO and Omnivap until this weekend. She had no problems having proper hist from the ff2 and tried the pax2 too, after testing all of my portables her favourite is the ff2. She loved the flavour and the clouds, and learned to get proper hits in 2 hits. This vape os a beast, can't wait to fix my problems with it...

Hope they answer back soon!

Yo guys so I own a ff2 that I have been enjoying quite a bit, but recently bought a not-so-amazing baggie of bud. I just happened to have snagged a great deal on a VapeXHale Cloud Evo with the standard mouthpiece. While the ff2 did ok with the ehhh bud, the cloud evo just came in and boy does it rip, even with the mediocre bud! It is a great at home complement to the ff2, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an additional desktop vape! The flavor on it is almost as good as the ff2 too! :clap:

MikeMcSnipe,

Ratklaw

Anyone have a good experience using hash with the FF2? I bought some high quality water hash with lots of crystals with the hopes of using it in the FF2. Looks similar to this

:
1E8BD144-A84C-C525-970A-79832675BD4F.jpeg

Previously I used oil which was awesome. Once the oil melted into the pad, I got lots of easy productive draws.

With this hash, it worked but wasn't super enjoyable. I found it takes a few more warm up draws to get it to melt on the pad and I was able to get one or two good hits. But after setting it down, I'd have to repeat the warm up process...and really hit it hard to get a productive hit to the point where the ff2 overheats and the red light come on. Also there is a lot of residue gunking up the pad.

I think I learned my lesson and will be sticking with oil, wax, shatter for concentrates in the FF2 in the future.

But anyone have any suggestions for making the remainder of this gram more fun with the FF2 or should I just smoke it? I don't have a rig.

Anyone have any ff2 hash experiences to share? I'm guessing the quality matters most.

Last edited:
Ratklaw,

STaX420

Is the pricetag 369 Euro vs 330 USD worth it? And where should I write the discount code?

I'm pretty excited for this vape so I hope I wouldn't be dissapointed.

Also I want to ask about the temperature settings. How is the vapor production on low/ med low?

And is stirring enough when tapping the vape against hand?

STaX420,

b0

Cloudy...
Is there a way to stop the weed from getting into the mouthpiece. Thankfully theres a small filter inside the mouthpiece stopping the weed from getting inside your mouth.

I just put an SS screen on top of the bowl and it keeps the unit much cleaner and IME works better that way :)

mgmarque

I would be curious on this one too as I ordered my blue FF2 on June 30. They said a new shipment was due in this week??
Just got my answer by calling FF. The shipment is due in next week and they hope to ship out by end of next week.

mgmarque,

pushpaw

I just put an SS screen on top of the bowl and it keeps the unit much cleaner and IME works better that way :)
I used to do this with the original Firefly, and really felt like I had to just to keep the difficult to clean lid from getting as gunked up as fast. I am thankful that the FF2 (for me at least) does not feel like it needs this. I hardly get any debris in the mouthpiece (well, even less lately as I have been using it for concentrates) and what does end up there I just blow out with a little puff through the mouthpiece when the lid is off. I have taken my mouthpiece off twice since I got the FF2, and neither time did it need any cleaning.

Perhaps you are using too fine of a grind? I mean, if putting a screen on top works for you go for it, but that was something about the FF1 I was happy to leave behind.

pushpaw,

Serious

Rats! I just combusted. Didn't seem like things were all that hot prior to, but suddenly I have a mouth full of smoke instead of vapor.

Serious,

Sh4dy15

Rats! I just combusted. Didn't seem like things were all that hot prior to, but suddenly I have a mouth full of smoke instead of vapor.

Out of curiosity....double check your app and make sure you didnt hit concentrate by accident.

I have combusted also but later realized it was due to my own error, I must have slid my finger up to concentrate after hitting high.

Sh4dy15,

Serious

I did check, just because you mentioned it -- I normally just leave it on high all the time -- it was still on high, and like I said, it didn't seem all that hot, but I was pulling pretty strongly and it was near the end of the hit.

Serious,

Icon13

Serial Vapist
I've had my Firefly 2 about six weeks. For the people who "just don't get it" I was one of you -- for almost a month.

Using the FF2 always makes me think of an old Willie Nelson quote about "...one of those little Keno girls who could suck the chrome off a bumper hitch". Remember that image; that's the ideal you're seeking.

And that's how I get good clouds from (almost) every hit: I pretend that the Bork has assimulated me as a vacuum cleaner. If you're not thinking about your lungs collapsing by the 30-second mark, you're not sucking hard enough.
thanks for the tip, but that is not why I was having trouble. I tried a light draw, I tried heavy draws, I still only got very minimal Vapor on the first couple hits and then none on every subsequent hit. I sent it back.

Anyone have a good experience using hash with the FF2? I bought some high quality water hash with lots of crystals with the hopes of using it in the FF2. Looks similar to this

:
1E8BD144-A84C-C525-970A-79832675BD4F.jpeg

Previously I used oil which was awesome. Once the oil melted into the pad, I got lots of easy productive draws.

With this hash, it worked but wasn't super enjoyable. I found it takes a few more warm up draws to get it to melt on the pad and I was able to get one or two good hits. But after setting it down, I'd have to repeat the warm up process...and really hit it hard to get a productive hit to the point where the ff2 overheats and the red light come on. Also there is a lot of residue gunking up the pad.

I think I learned my lesson and will be sticking with oil, wax, shatter for concentrates in the FF2 in the future.

But anyone have any suggestions for making the remainder of this gram more fun with the FF2 or should I just smoke it? I don't have a rig.

Anyone have any ff2 hash experiences to share? I'm guessing the quality matters most.
whoever told you that was high quality bubble hash lied. High quality bubble hash is a light tan color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Icon13,
Reactions: Ratklaw

Serious

thanks for the tip, but that is not why I was having trouble. I tried a light draw, I tried heavy draws, I still only got very minimal Vapor on the first couple hits and then none on every subsequent hit. I sent it back.

How did that work? I was planning on selling mine because from what I've read here, the company doesn't seem very customer-friendly (at least not compared to my experience with the Ploom people).

Did you get a refund?

Serious,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom