The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDaBomb

2016 is looking good already. The Firefly thread brightened up the other day when @mitchgo61 shared this fantastic news! I thought it would only be fair to share this with the rest of the FC community. Their website, thefirefly.com, and twitter have yet to say anything about the successor - so I'm guessing the ETA is still a while away. Also I was on the phone with their support the other day and the representative "could not comment" on the Firefly 2, so I'd assume it's coming Summer-Fall at the earliest and if we're lucky we'll hear more about it in the Spring. I'm so pumped for the sequel to the, IMO, best portable convection vape out there - it's gonna be an exciting year!

Any speculations on what they're improving and changing? What would you like to see most in a FF2?

30hxx0p.jpg

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Any speculations on what they're improving and changing? What would you like to see most in a FF2?

I guess we have ourselves a new thread! :p

Summer is a lifetime away (where I live anyway!). I hope it's sooner but who knows? They are in full-blown tease mode right now. :lol:

I have passed on a huge list of things I'd like to see in future versions to the FF folks. The future tends to make a monkey out of prognosticators, so I'm loathe to speculate. I do know reliability and battery life issues were very high on the list, for us as users and FF as designers.

Other than that....just that bit about the waiting being the hardest part....:lol:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If they kept everything the same and only improved the battery life, I'd still instantly buy it. I'm very excited for this one!

If they use removable 18650s by any freak chance I'd be SO happy.

Yeah but also smaller size, easier to do any size load of any grind, different temp setting ceilings would be nice too. Less stirring would also be nice... Hopefully not too long before we hear actual details instead of just speculation

darkrom

Great Scott!
Yeah but also smaller size, easier to do any size load of any grind, different temp setting ceilings would be nice too. Less stirring would also be nice... Hopefully not too long before we hear actual details instead of just speculation

Would all be nice upgrades, but I'm saying as long as they improved battery its an instant buy for me. I can't imagine they suddenly made something that performs worse. And I'm totally happy with the original besides battery. I don't personally mind the size and weight, but if it can be smaller and function the same I wouldn't complain.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Ooh, I've been waiting for this one! I was always intrigued by the Firefly, just couldn't justify it with some of the issues reported (most notably battery life, though I understand that problem was mitigated somewhat with the 770mah batts). I wonder what features the FF2 will have? I'll be watching this one! :popcorn:

herbivore21

Ooh, I've been waiting for this one! I was always intrigued by the Firefly, just couldn't justify it with some of the issues reported (most notably battery life, though I understand that problem was mitigated somewhat with the 770mah batts). I wonder what features the FF2 will have? I'll be watching this one! :popcorn:
A man after my own heart! I too also love a lot about the design of the original firefly. If they can make one smaller with longer battery life/removable batteries, then I'm in. I won't own another portable flower vape until I can get on-demand vapor (that isn't so harsh/close to the heater that it is useless for direct hits), battery life that justifies bothering and something that fits in the pocket without being a major bulge factor (the wrong kind at that!). I also want reliable products that don't get returned en mass due to failures for the first few retail production runs (not that I've known of Firefly to do this ;) )!

Here's to hoping the FF2 can do this!

RobDaBomb

I guess we have ourselves a new thread! :p

Summer is a lifetime away (where I live anyway!). I hope it's sooner but who knows? They are in full-blown tease mode right now. :lol:

Haha. Well I thought after 240 pages it was about time, plus it was pretty overwhelming for first time Firefly prospects to learn through. New year, new vape, new thread :D. But I hope it'd be Summer (i.e. June) at the earliest because the Firefly rep said something along the lines of, "don't worry, you'll find out more about it in a few months," which gives me the impression that they will be posting info about it on their site then. Although I'd be totally ecstatic if thats when they meant it'd actually release instead :D. And it's great to hear you passed on a list of suggestions to them! Now I'm curious to see what suggestions they'll follow up on.

If they use removable 18650s by any freak chance I'd be SO happy.

I'd be all over that, especially since I'm holding off purchasing an external charger for my FF now until I find out what batteries the FF2 will use. I'd assume they'd make the FF2's batteries some type of proprietary design as well, just because it gives them the ability to sell them directly for a nice price.

I really have yet to be able to fully use my Firefly as I'm waiting on a replacement battery still, but I can tell you that the few hits I got from it were better and tastier than my Arizer Extreme Q and old Vapor Brothers box vape combined! Battery and reliability have to definitely be at the top of the list for improvements.

I'm sort of hoping that they keep the style pretty much the same as the original - as it's just gorgeous. Either way I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the finished product :love:

RobDaBomb,
Reactions: Derrrpp

mitchgo61

I won't own another portable flower vape until I can get on-demand vapor (that isn't so harsh/close to the heater that it is useless for direct hits)

This is, of course, a lock...the on-demand convection heating is central to the FF.
I'm sort of hoping that they keep the style pretty much the same as the original - as it's just gorgeous. Either way I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the finished product :love:

This, also, I assume, is a given.

What is the Firefly without great convection flavor and drop-dead aesthetics? :nod:

TNT_error

Aesthetically idk how the v2 could look to make it sexier because after using mine over a year now, it's still the sexiest portable I got. I'm with most of you guys and an improvement on batteries and weight/size would make it perfect.

I'm not one to use WT but for those who do maybe a redesign MP that is easier to make an attachment for. I'm definitely keeping my eyes open on this. Wonder if they'd be down to do an upgrade program like haze

jim-bob

I do know reliability and battery life issues were very high on the list, for us as users and FF as designers.

Agreed - this would be a great time for them to try to introduce some reliability or battery life to their product line. I've had three fireflies in my house since this time last year (3rd is currently dead again) and this has me wondering if there's going to be any kind of upgrade path or if FF1 owners are just going to stay on the failure/replacement treadmill until their warranty is up..

studmuffin

Greetings, I am a member of "The Firefly 2,500 Bowl Club". Yep, I have a lot of experience with the Firefly. Let me tell you about the dream I had the other night, after a bowl of Orange Kush: 'there appeared to be two new flickers of glow in the night. One was a "Dragonfly" vaporizer, designed for power party vaping, due to it's huge bowl and double batteries. Adjacent to it, was a tinier glow, from the new "Butterfly" vaporizer, so named for it's petite size. It was beautiful, man.

Amargi

Doin' shit, keepin' fit, and too legit to quit.
I'm really looking forward to what the Firefly 2 will be bringing to the table.. Aside from increasing battery life and reducing body size, it is hard to imagine what the folks over there are upgrading! I suppose moving away from proprietary batteries would would be a significant improvement..

As one of the unfortunate people who hasn't been able to get my hands on a Firefly due to the prohibitive cost, I hope that the release of an upgrade will bring a swift and dramatic reduction in the price of the original! I've been aching to own one, but the current CAD to USD conversion has all but snuffed those dreams (for the moment, anyways)..

@mitchgo61- thanks for dropping this little tidbit on us!

Last edited:

RobDaBomb

'there appeared to be two new flickers of glow in the night. One was a "Dragonfly" vaporizer, designed for power party vaping, due to it's huge bowl and double batteries. Adjacent to it, was a tinier glow, from the new "Butterfly" vaporizer, so named for it's petite size. It was beautiful, man.

I'm loving it man!! You gotta reach out to Firefly and tell them about your dream. I'd buy each of those vapes. With the build quality of the original Firefly (specifically with their heating element, chamber, and air path) I'd stand by any other product designed by them in a heartbeat. Hell, I'm sure they could even make great desktop vapes!

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Interesting that he said the new model will not cook the load after you release the buttons.

Am I missing something? Isn't that the same with the OG FF?

*Edit*

Just read his post again. Understand now. Really looking forward to try this!

Gonzo,

mitchgo61

Someone on reddit posted a ton of info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/3zjh9t/the_firefly_2/

Double battery, adjustable temp max, smaller size, more airflow. Its almost like they are making the perfect vape :)

Unless it costs a TON this will be a right away kinda order for me. They totally earned my support with the original firefly.

I was going to wait till tomorrow to do a major write- up. But this guy let the cat out of the bag, mostly.

I have a working FF2 prototype at my house....it arrived yesterday, and I've been putting her through her paces. I am waiting to get another day or two of heavy use before I do a full description of the features. I cannot share photos, but hopefully I can give more detail and nuance within the next 24 hours.

I'll leave you with this....prepare to be blown the fuck away. :nod:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I was going to wait till tomorrow to do a major write- up. But this guy let the cat out of the bag, mostly.

I have a working FF2 prototype at my house....it arrived yesterday, and I've been putting her through her paces. I am waiting to get another day or two of heavy use before I do a full description of the features. I cannot share photos, but hopefully I can give more detail and nuance within the next 24 hours.

I'll leave you with this....prepare to be blown the fuck away. :nod:
With all sincerity........frickin Mitch!!!!!

marduk

daydreamer

The guy on reddit says there's more holes in the bottom plate for better airflow and it's easier to get a full hit than with the original Firefly.

But then he says... "I still had to pull a lot harder compared to the Pax 2, but the taste and effect was a more pleasant experience."

To me, that means the draw is more restricted, which would be very disappointing if true. Do you feel the draw is more restricted than the original Firefly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom