Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

minuteman420

Hmm i have a question that i dont think has been asked up till now.

Many people have said that using the elbow packing method is much more efficient than packing the regular cyclone bowl. Does anyone know WHY this might be? I mean common sense dictates that if you pack the same ammount into the elbow as you would into the cyclone bowl, and both packs are heated equally (remembering that for the elbow the temp will be increased but the pack will experience the same temp as the cyclone bowl material) that the same ammount of vapor will be produced?

Reading the comment that was given by the arizer dude, sorry forgetting his name, what i got out of it was just that the elbow gives bigger, thicker hits (low air compared to vapor) whereas packing the cyclone gives lighter hits (high air to vapor ratio). From this it makes sense to me that taking lighter hits would get you higher, because your lungs would be able to absorb more of the good stuff, no?

I'm just really wondering, why does the elbow work better, and does it actually work better?

minuteman420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
From this it makes sense to me that taking lighter hits would get you higher, because your lungs would be able to absorb more of the good stuff, no?
This part makes sense to me for the simple reason that thick hits make me cough up all the vapour. Elbow packs give thicker vapour (so does a higher temperature). I will start coughing with even a small hit of thick vapour, so I use lower temperatures (starting at 200 on my v3) to get a light but visible vapour. I can take deep hits and hold them in, with almost no visible vapour on exhale.

Also, for the same amount of material, I think I get light vapour for a lot longer than thick vapour. For example I might get 10 light hits but only 3 thick ones. Not sure what the actual ratio is but I'm thinking 10:3 is in the ballpark. Anyway, if the heavy vapour just gets coughed out it's no use to me.

pakalolo,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
My heating element glass cover broke!
I have no idea how it happened but I'm ordering a new one.
I have a question regarding the removal of the old one though.

The instructions say you have to remove the long screw that holds the glass cover in place.
Which screw is this???
Are they talking about the thing at the bottom that isn't actually a screw or one of the four screws around the element?

bluntfaced,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
bluntfaced said:
My heating element glass cover broke!
I have no idea how it happened but I'm ordering a new one.
I have a question regarding the removal of the old one though.

The instructions say you have to remove the long screw that holds the glass cover in place.
Which screw is this???
Are they talking about the thing at the bottom that isn't actually a screw or one of the four screws around the element?
The cotter pin Blunt runs straight through the center of the glass heater cover. To keep it from shifting vertically.

umpnum14,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
word that's what I thought but I was second guessing myself like shit this is a cotter pin not a screw

bluntfaced,

Durden

I am Jack's title
My extreme to roor setup made someone pass out mid rip last night. :uhoh: He fell onto my table before taking a little rest on the floor and knocked down my entire setup as well as put a small hole in my wall as he tried to steady himself. I watched from about 5 feet away as the Extreme started to fall off the table before it was saved by the tubing attached to my roor. The extreme basically got slapped and all it did was wobble around a bit, unfortunately that motion tugged on the whip and caused my bong to go flying off my table with close to double the force :( . Not to mention the grinder, stash, and avb container that ended up across the room. Luckily my elbow popped out mid fall and the roor hit a shoe with the brunt of the impact so they both survived. My downstem, the glass poker he sat on, and a gram of kief were the casualties, but I can live with that. :ugh:

It's nice to know that this bong setup can still literally knock people on their asses, while being sturdy enough to last as long as the glass that goes with it. :cool:

Durden,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
durden can you post some pics of your setup, especially how you connect the extreme to the bong. I am really looking for something that can knock me out like that.

DeepFried,

Rico

Durden said:
My extreme to roor setup made someone pass out mid rip last night.
This is the setup of my dream... could you please post a pic of it?
I definetly gotta get one of these roor's...

Crossposted with deepfried.... :D

Rico,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have a Purp brand glass. It's about 1/3rd the price of a roor, and is VERY nice. I'll post a pic when I have a chance, but Purps is a great value in glass I highly recommend.

IAmKrazy2,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
durden...that was one funny story...you could have probably won an II with that one a couple of weeks ago!

stickstones,

SuckMyBONGGG

whats up everyone I just made this account because I ordered an arizer extreme yesterday from vaporizers.ca, anyways just thought i would sign up cause I cant wait for this thing to arrive. Has anyone ordered from them and can tell me how fast they are about it? i'm gonna go smoke a joint(hopefully the last time if shipping is fast, i'm in Canada) peace guys.

SuckMyBONGGG,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
stickstones said:
durden...that was one funny story...you could have probably won an II with that one a couple of weeks ago!
I know right Chris would have loved that. Has he posted any info about the Pic contest yet?

SuckMyBONGGG said:
i'm gonna go smoke a joint(hopefully the last time if shipping is fast, i'm in Canada) peace guys.
Welcome to FC Bong after I got my first vape I never combusted again. I even turn down joints now because its become that important to me plus I have learned its truly much less efficient.

umpnum14,

SuckMyBONGGG

my arizer just showed up at my door and I just finished unpacking it, it's smaller than i thought but I can't wait to do my first session with it tonight(cause i have nothing to test it out with at the moment:(:() i'll let you guys know how it goes, I can't wait!!!!

SuckMyBONGGG,

Durden

I am Jack's title
Yeah sticks, I almost posted that in the other thread because I thought it was funny enough even after the contest, too bad it didn't happen last month. :lol: I should have started vaping sooner!

I'm buying a new camera (to me anyway) this week so I'll post pictures as soon as I can. The secret to the extreme isn't very secret though, use blond hash or keif at lower temperatures :ko:

Durden,

SuckMyBONGGG

ok so i just finished my first session and :D:o lets just say my aromatherapy went well haha
I did 210* for 20 minutes with the herb on for 10 minutes then put it to 200 and put the fan on 1 and super thick fog was rolling into the bag then i moved to 3 till it was full and lemme just say holy shit this thing is awesome. I filled up 2 more bags that were less thick but still good.
Anyways I'm super baked and my lungs feel great compared to any kind of smokin i'm going to watch a movie now peace guys.

SuckMyBONGGG,

MunkeyBalls

Had my extreme for a few weeks now and have been reading this thread. A lot of helpfull information and it made me realise how much this forum needs a "search inside topic" feature :ko:

So untill now I've only used the E with MJ but now I wanted to give hash a try. What temps should I be fiddling around with on a v3 unit (260c max)? So far I've been trying 220 - 240 and I didn't notice any "melting" which I've seen people post about. Am I suppose to vape all of it untill there is nothing left? Because when I stop getting vapor there is still quite a few lumps of stuff in there which should be vapable, sometimes a stir work sometimes it doesn't so it seems. Since it isn't really melting I've also decided to go with just a double screen instead of a bed of herbs so I can also up the temp without combusting MJ (this is probably one of my stupid ideas which matter anyway, plz let me know :p). It seems to be working fine with this hash, but the stuff im using right now crumbles quite easily and isn't really that bendable without heat. Going to try some different kind and experiment some more but it would be nice to hear everones input.

Also I've modified my whip a little bit so that all the wand hash gets stuck inside a little piece of tubing making it easier for me to clean it. It's basically just 10cm of tubing with a mouthpiece attached, attached to a long piece of tubing. So far it's working great and everything is getting stuck in front and on the mouthpiece. So all I have to do is push through a screw through the small part and ill be done without much hassle. Can I use this "Denaturised Alcohol 96%" to soak up my wandhash so I can vape it later? I'm unsure if it's much differen't from the ISO alcohol you guys are using and I don't want to be vaping any nasty stuff :p

So far really enjoying my E and haven't had a joint in weeks :)

MunkeyBalls,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It was asked earlier why the elbow pack method was more conservative. To me if you pack the elbow rather full the heat has to pass directly through a small area. No need to stir, the heat air flow cooks all. I actually usually put at least a sprinkle of herb in the cyclone at the same time as the elbow. When the elbow stops hitting i crank it up a little more, and mix the elbow bellow in the cyclone for another hit or two. Can even pack the cyclone bigger and just be sure to stir.

IAmKrazy2,

SuckMyBONGGG

yeah I've been reading about the elbow pack i think that'll be the next thing i try. I love this vape tho, sooo glad I bought it, my lungs feel better slready haha peace guys

SuckMyBONGGG,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
AD-0005.jpg

https://www.expediglass.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductIndex=72
for that rig I would find the silicone tubing that fits the outer lip of the glass 'elbow'

:hmm:...would increased air flow on the E make for larger hits?

discuss :D

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah I want to get an elbow that's not an elbow, like one that goes straight up, I think that might work better.

Also, this tuff bowl is a joke, I don't want to use this.

bluntfaced,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
aww I have fantasized about the same thing :cool:
c8bc_1.JPG

3d16_1.JPG

the only downside I see is collecting less vapor resin...possibly too much resin would build up in the bag :shrug:
Also the kicker is how far would those GONG joint go into the E bowl? would it fit like the provided elbows do? who knows....

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom