Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremechick

MiscStoner said:
I've been reading up on these posts because my lungs freaking hurt... stickstones, I really hope my experiences with vaporizing will be as cool as some of the ones I read you had! I haven't read all of the posts on this forum and just found the HerbalAire H2.1 while browsing online Anyone ever try this thing? It seems pretty cool... 2 yr warrenty and all of the reviews speak highly of it. Someone let me know!
I've tried the HerbalAire; it's actually what got me started vaping. We used the bag method only, it was great. I have an E now; for an extra $30-40, I think it's worth it. I'm very glad I upgraded.

extremechick,

Ven

Praying Mantis
Agreed, the Extreme's features, quality and awesome customer service make it a better choice then the herbalaire all around.

PS: Happy 1000 post-day Extreme thread!

Ven,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
How much research have you done miscstoner? I assume you aren't vaping yet. What models are you considering?

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Ven said:
Agreed, the Extreme's features, quality and awesome customer service make it a better choice then the herbalaire all around.

PS: Happy 1000 post-day Extreme thread!
I'd agree the Extreme is tops in features. Quality? Depends on your definition. The herbalAire definitely gets the edge for reliability (and efficiency). There have been a lot more warranty issues for the Extreme. Hopefully those wrinkles will get ironed out. The Extreme, with the more complicated digital controller, will always be more of a risk long term, as with any digital unit. And as good as the Arizer customer service is, herbalAire service doesn't take a back seat at all. I can personally vouch for incredible warranty service from herbalAire.

While I wouldn't trade my herbalAire for an Extreme or even a Volcano (except to sell the 'cano ;)), if I didn't own a vape and wanted a dual mode model, I'd buy the Extreme. I like it better in whip mode.

max,

Mr 202

The Extreme is my first vape. I'am the first to have with in my vast group friends. Just about all that tried envy me. I've rolled my last doobie

Mr 202,

Nooby

Helps needed.

I switch to a vape to cut down on the amount of burned shit going into my lungs so i got the extreme. All seems to work OK except I reckon it's burning the weed. I started off at around 220c and get bag full of smoke/vapour and have been working my way down the temp scale in order to reduce the smoke. Tried it at 160c last night and it still tastes burned although not as bad as at higher temps of course. Am I doing something wrong? Should the vapour be almost invisible anyway?

And could it be the quality of the weed itself that's the problem as the current batch isn't that brilliant, harvested too early.

Cheers

Nooby,

artvandalay

anyone else see a small spark when they plug the extreme in? kind of scares me, i just got it and dont' want to short anything out.

artvandalay,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Nooby said:
Helps needed.

I switch to a vape to cut down on the amount of burned shit going into my lungs so i got the extreme. All seems to work OK except I reckon it's burning the weed. I started off at around 220c and get bag full of smoke/vapour and have been working my way down the temp scale in order to reduce the smoke. Tried it at 160c last night and it still tastes burned although not as bad as at higher temps of course. Am I doing something wrong? Should the vapour be almost invisible anyway?

And could it be the quality of the weed itself that's the problem as the current batch isn't that brilliant, harvested too early.

Cheers
I find on my v3 200c + or -10c is usually good to cover a variety of different strains. I followed the great advice on this thread and bought a good quality grinder and also made sure my herb is nicely cured and dry.

DeepFried,

Ven

Praying Mantis
artvandalay said:
anyone else see a small spark when they plug the extreme in? kind of scares me, i just got it and dont' want to short anything out.
Yep, happens all the time, although I'm not an electrician, I see it all the time when I plug in electrical devices, never had a problem.

Ven,

Nooby

ScientistRX said:
Nooby said:
Helps needed.

Cheers
I find on my v3 200c + or -10c is usually good to cover a variety of different strains. I followed the great advice on this thread and bought a good quality grinder and also made sure my herb is nicely cured and dry.
Cheers,

I wasn't aware that those things made too much difference. I use an electric coffee grinder for a couple of secs as a grinder, the weed itself is kinda moist and springy but not 'wet', will drying it more give better results?

Nooby,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nooby...it is entirely likely you have a defective unit...there have been a few that get too hot and need to be replaced.

However, that's not the most likely scenario. You have a ton of variables...temp, fan/draw speed, and the herb you are putting in there to name a few. You are doing the right thing by backing down on the temp until it gets right. The first thing I would do is try some different weed and see what happens, as they all seem to like a little variance.

Unfortunately, that smokey smell can be hard to get rid of...just check out your old bong. You may still be tasting the smoke smell from your first burnt batch. See if you can identify which parts of your system need cleaning. I would start with the glass pieces closest to the herb, like the bowl and elbow. If they sent you two of them, use the other bowl and the elbow from the whip (assuming you started with the bag) and see if that helps with the smell.

stickstones,

MiscStoner

stickstones said:
How much research have you done miscstoner? I assume you aren't vaping yet. What models are you considering?
I've done alot of research on the top three vapes: volcano, extreme, and the h2.1 It seems to me like, while the extreme may be the best quality product, the h2.1 is more effecient. The manufacturers claim you can put the remains from a volcano into the H2.1 and get a more from it. I have a hard time getting quality buds here, and also think it's important to conserve my supply. What quality buds are you guys smoking? Anyone have experience vaporizing with low to mid grade? It seems to me like while vaping, you could smoke more and get more effect without hurting your throat as much if at all... so theoretically, if the only thing stopping you is a sore throat, the vape should allow me to smoke more, right? I hope I've been clear, I wasn't expecting to sit here any type all that out :)

MiscStoner,

bsandhu

low grade herbs makes for lowgrade vapor

a buddy of mine gets some pretty pooshwag weed and we tried that in the extreme it was little to no vapor

i put in some better quality the vapor was thick as fuck

bsandhu,

max

Out to lunch
I've done alot of research on the top three vapes: volcano, extreme, and the h2.1
You should really qualify that by saying 'top three bag filler vapes. ;)

It seems to me like while vaping, you could smoke more and get more effect without hurting your throat as much if at all... so theoretically, if the only thing stopping you is a sore throat, the vape should allow me to smoke more, right?
While I don't like to use the term 'smoke' for processing vapor, yeah if smoke bothers you, you should be able to vaporize more. That was the case with me.

max,

bsandhu

MiscStoner said:
but I'd still get the same effects from vaping it as I would from smoking it right?
yeah after a while.

think of it this way with shitty weed you need more to get high when smoking it(combustion)
while with AAA bud you need less to get high when smoking it(combustion)

so its the exact same way with vaping but you would need to use less in the vaporizer then just smoking it but you will use a shit ton more then you would with AAA

oh and on a side note

i just converted another stoner from combustion to vaporization
all thanks to the extreme!

edit:

i acutally converted two stoners

Mod note: posts merged-please use edit button to add info

bsandhu,

MiscStoner

bsandhu said:
think of it this way with shitty weed you need more to get high when smoking it(combustion)
while with AAA bud you need less to get high when smoking it(combustion)
thats what I needed to hear :) the difference with vaporization is that i'd be able to go through more without hurting my lungs/throat, so although I would be using more, I would be able to feel more effect before having to stop because my crap hurts... or that's what i'm hoping...

MiscStoner,

VAPOR_TRAILS

Just got the Extreme in the mail yesterday. My first VAP after 32 years of smoking. I was not sure if I would like it, but coulden't wait to get it. I read alot of the posts here and did my homework.
Let the unit warm-up.
Let the bowl warm-up.
Grind the goods.
I Used the preset temps off the remote (220, 230).
Worked without a problem. Got to say, this is the shit. Where have I been? Plan on turning many onto this in the future. The superbowl party is looking like its going to be more like the VAPORBOWL party. A few of my bros and I ended up loading 4 bowls to the black last night. Need I say more!
More to come...Peace...

VAPOR_TRAILS,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
VAPOR_TRAILS, please let me say THANK YOU for taking the time to do your research, and congrats on discovering vapor! The best is yet to come! Hope to see you around.

:peace:

vtac,

Beezleb

Welcome to vapor trails.

Its great to see someone find the vaporizer that best suits them. Happy Vapor Trails.

Beezleb,

eLiguL

Today when I turned on my Extreme I heard a loud audio beep that continues until I unplug the unit. Also, my unit wont heat past 19C any more :(. I sent Arizer a message and im waiting on a response, im sure they will come through.

eLiguL,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
eLiguL said:
Today when I turned on my Extreme I heard a loud audio beep that continues until I unplug the unit. Also, my unit wont heat past 19C any more :(. I sent Arizer a message and im waiting on a response, im sure they will come through.
I had this beeping problem with my first Extreme...they replaced it no problem.

stickstones,

bdiddy123

hey all first time poster. I just received the E a day ago and i love it! the vaporpedia helped alot for my first time setting up.

In the cyclone bowl the screen does not fit very well but ive come to just not mess with it and its fine.

Haha i have not preheated my buds yet im gonna test that out now!

Has anyone put anything eles in the bowl with your trees?

Happy Vaping!
bdiddy

bdiddy123,

bsandhu

so it turns out arizer wont sell you extreme's at wholesale unless you have a business....

well that's what i think since I've been waiting two days for there reply....

bsandhu,

max

Out to lunch
Why don't you check with some dealers about volume pricing. We already have some giving 10% discounts or sale pricing.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom