• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

glizitch

well... stickstones.. i think your method is right on... i got one thick bag.... then i tried another one and got nothing... although the material still wasn't entirely spent (some was still fresh) ... would i possibly want to turn up the second bag?

also it concerns me that i can smell it when it is preheating.. anyone else notice this?

clear dome... that looks like a perfect case.... have u had a chance to try it out yet? have you put all the pieces in it?

thanks...

glizitch,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
Hello Everyone,

I noticed that there has been some discrepancies in the temperatures some forum members here are getting vapor from the Extreme. All new production runs of the Extreme are designed to acheive vapor at 190-200 degrees Celcius. At Arizer and Rockwise we were both bombarded with so many emails and phone calls regarding the "indisputibale fact that thc vaporizes at 200 c" that the executive decision was made to adjust the heat sensor so that users can actually acheive vapor at this temperature. FOR ANYONE WHO ORDERS A NEW EXTREME, please start with a temperature of approximately 190 - 200 degrees celcius, and go from there.

Rockwise,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Uh oh, another thing to confuse vaporized vaporists. :D

Is it just the temperature display offset that was changed? I mean, is the temperature control/limit for the element and everything else still the same?

Thanks for the heads up.

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
mmmm...this is good to know as there is no external difference from the old one (335-350C.) and the new one (190-200) and i own both of them...maybe it is better to write it clearly in the owner's manual to avoid any further mail bombing asking what's up??
I was so sad when i made my first session with the new unit at 335 and it started to ignite...after some try i found my spot at 250C...now i know i am a beta tester too.;)

marcuss,

Triplebaked

stickstones said:
310C heated for 20 minutes with the loaded bowl in for the last 10 minutes. Hit one thick bag and done.
I tried this at 310, worked awesome for my strain :)

Triplebaked,

Bemuse

Rockwise said:
Hello Everyone,

I noticed that there has been some discrepancies in the temperatures some forum members here are getting vapor from the Extreme. All new production runs of the Extreme are designed to acheive vapor at 190-200 degrees Celcius. At Arizer and Rockwise we were both bombarded with so many emails and phone calls regarding the "indisputibale fact that thc vaporizes at 200 c" that the executive decision was made to adjust the heat sensor so that users can actually acheive vapor at this temperature. FOR ANYONE WHO ORDERS A NEW EXTREME, please start with a temperature of approximately 190 - 200 degrees celcius, and go from there.
So you are saying, on the new production run that the temps on the LCD are closer to the actual temp at the bowl?

Bemuse,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
Because of the relocation of the sensor, the new models of the Extreme can reach higher temperatures than the first few production runs. The temp limit has been reduced in new models, yet due to the change in sensor location in physical terms the unit does actually acheive higher temperature, i.e. whereas 300 gave good vapor on old models, 200 is the approximate equivalent on new models, so at 300 on new models, it is therefore higher temp than 300 on older models! Bit confusing, but in the long run this change makes things more straightforward.

Rockwise,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
glizitch said:
well... stickstones.. i think your method is right on... i got one thick bag.... then i tried another one and got nothing... although the material still wasn't entirely spent (some was still fresh) ... would i possibly want to turn up the second bag?

also it concerns me that i can smell it when it is preheating.. anyone else notice this?
thanks...
I have found that sometimes turning the heat up 5-10C for a second bag gets the vapor a little thicker. I have never gotten NOTHING out of a second bag. How much weed are you putting in there? I am going with halfway to the black...but this is excellent weed. I am going to try even less weed tonight...maybe half that. I would love to get to the right ratio where I am getting one super thick bag the first time and then it is spent.

I personally dig it that I can smell it when it preheats...nothing like walking into a room and having a nice aroma to set the mood!

Also, someone on here suggested easing up on the fan speed, too...starting at 1 for a few seconds, then 2 for a few, then 3 for the rest. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I think it is a good idea. I will try this for awhile.

Finally, I have never seen weed swirling around in the 'cyclone' bowl before. This is one of the reasons I am going to start using less weed. It seems to me that if I can get the right amount in there to get it flying around that I would get better, thicker hits and maybe get the herb completely spent on one bag.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Rockwise said:
Because of the relocation of the sensor, the new models of the Extreme can reach higher temperatures than the first few production runs. The temp limit has been reduced in new models, yet due to the change in sensor location in physical terms the unit does actually acheive higher temperature, i.e. whereas 300 gave good vapor on old models, 200 is the approximate equivalent on new models, so at 300 on new models, it is therefore higher temp than 300 on older models! Bit confusing, but in the long run this change makes things more straightforward.
Glad to see you checking in, Rockwise. I love it that you guys are always making things better! Are you guys doing anything to make these new units visibly different? Some explanation packed with the new ones would make sense to me.

stickstones,

Bemuse

Rockwise said:
So you are saying, on the new production run that the temps on the LCD are closer to the actual temp at the bowl?
YES, that is what I'm saying
Well, this may seem petty, but now I want one from the new production run....:|

Bemuse,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
All right. That's it. Three in a row now. Once you find the sweet spot for your strain, it's golden from there. This shit I'm doing now never fails to rock at 310C preheated for 20 minutes with the herb in the bowl on there for the last 10 minutes of it. One bag is all you need, so turn off the unit! Come back tomorrow for seconds!

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
stickstones said:
This shit I'm doing now never fails to rock at 310C preheated for 20 minutes with the herb in the bowl on there for the last 10 minutes of it. One bag is all you need, so turn off the unit! Come back tomorrow for seconds!
hahaha love the way you think :lol:

Clear_Dome,

benjs

Hey guys, new member (and proud owner of a V-Tower Extreme)... I'm also yet another member with absolutely nothing bad to say about this company... had an issue with my V-Tower Standard, and Steve was so helpful at prompt responses, and immediate help. He offered me a trade-in for the Extreme, and within four days I had a new V-Tower Extreme. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge regarding batching in this thing... When I was smoking herbs, I loved to batch. I don't know what the deal is regarding tobacco in the vaporizer... Is it okay, and if it is, will it actually do anything?

benjs,

benjs

marcuss said:
batching?
sorry can you explain?
hard to translate word!
Batching is mixing tobacco from a cigarette (or anywhere else, I suppose) with weed.

benjs,

bigb

Ok guys, there seems to be much confusion about this vaporizer and how to operate it. I am a vaporizer user and medical user of nearly five years and have used pretty much every vape out there...My father owns a volcano which we all know is a similar bag system.
Okay, so about this burning of your guys herbs where are you guys placing the herbs in the cyclone bowl? You should not be experiencing any burning even at 350 if you are putting your herbs on the top of the cyclone bowl so that would be the side with the black on the top of the bowl. I vape starting at 340 and work up to 350 with no combustion the herb doesn't even turn brown it turns just before brown. I put about .2 in each bowl which I have found gives me the best vapor quality in thickness and taste. I usually get around 5 bags for each bowl 2 of those being with the bag they provide with you and the other 3 being in a much larger reynolds oven bag. If you put you herb on the bottom of the cyclone so it is touching the glass tube I find that 270 is around the temperature you should use but I always put my herb on top it is definitely better I only put concentrates on the bottom side because those need a higher temperature to be effectively used.
Also yes, after the first bag you will have extracted all or most of the flavinoids out of your herb and the remaining 3 or 4 bags will not have the flavor quality of the first bag but this happens also with smoking and with every other vaporizer on the face of the planet.
You should never fill you cyclone bowl higher than the black rubber that is on it or you vapor will not be as good because the bowl will be over packed and airflow will be restricted.
Also While the bag is blowing up I find it works well to tap the side of the vaporizer not the glass which causes the herbs to stir itself on fan setting three making no need to use a stir rod.
I use fan setting three on all bags until my final one. Remember just because you are not exhaling vapor doesn't mean you are not getting any there may be little left in the bag and all gets absorbed into your bloodstream. I find it is also most cost efficient to hold in the vapor for as long as you can because any vapor u are blowing out has high quantities of thc and very little undesireable by-products.

I know I rambled on this as I am medicated during this time :p off a delicious OG Kush bowl that I also mixed Sour Diesel into(gotta love cali). If you guys have any questions about this vaporizer or really any other vape but the aromed let me know your questions and I will try to respond in a timely manner.

I hoped I cleared anything up for you guys

bigb,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
benjs said:
Batching is mixing tobacco from a cigarette (or anywhere else, I suppose) with weed.
That's a new word for me, too. I don't see why you couldn't do it in a vaporizer, I imagine it would mainly depend on the different vaporization temps for your herb and tobacco.

So you like the nicotine buzz in the mix?

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
bigb said:
Ok guys, there seems to be....
Hey, man! Thanks for posting the tips.

I think some of the people who experienced burning with the Extreme are using the newer revision units as mentioned a few posts up.

You Cali folks make me so jealous. :p

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum, bigb!

If you put you herb on the bottom of the cyclone so it is touching the glass tube I find that 270 is around the temperature you should use but I always put my herb on top it is definitely better I only put concentrates on the bottom side because those need a higher temperature to be effectively used.

I don't understand this. I always put the herb in the top side of the bowl (black side). This sounds like sometimes you put it in the underside, which I can't see working at all due to gravity.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Also While the bag is blowing up I find it works well to tap the side of the vaporizer not the glass which causes the herbs to stir itself on fan setting three making no need to use a stir rod.

I tried this and it worked a little bit. That was the first time I had seen bud move in the bowl. It didn't move a lot, but there were some leaves floating around!

I use fan setting three on all bags until my final one. Remember just because you are not exhaling vapor doesn't mean you are not getting any there may be little left in the bag and all gets absorbed into your bloodstream.

You mentioned being cost efficient...now you're speaking my language! So are you inhaling invisible vapor on your final bag? To be honest, I could get weak looking vapor endlessly from the same bowl. I usually quit after three bags because it is getting weak and harsh. [[Note to V-Tac: you may want to stop reading here as the following contains explicit discussion about vaporizing the same herb over and over again and then some more. Proceed at your own risk.]] But last night I hit my VaporGenie twice off some regs. Prior to that I hit two bags off the Extreme with the kick-ass weed in it. Tonight I finished off the Genie, which was about one weak looking hit and hit the leftovers from last night on the Extreme. The stuff in the Extreme got me another 4 bags until it was invisible. So here I sit after all that and I have a nice little buzz going. Not a rocked-to-the-stars type of buzz, but a respectable dose of euphoria. Wait...now it's kickin' in! This'll do. I can see me revaping my big bag of brown shit when I run out of the good stuff!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
...[[Note to V-Tac: you may want to stop reading here as the following contains explicit discussion about vaporizing the same herb over and over again and then some more. Proceed at your own risk.]]...
:p

:D

It's all good, to each his own! Hell, my friend smokes the leftovers from his VaporGenie when he runs out. In a nasty homemade plastic bong no less.

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom