Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

phattybudz

Ok, I got this instead of a volcano because I thought it would be just as good and cheaper.

It's not a volcano because:

The mouth piece/bag connection suck. There should also be a cut-off valve on the bag like a volcano... If anybody is craftier than me and wants to build one, that would be sweet.

Also, the glass pieces can get hot as fuck, and I don't think it tastes as good.

That being said, I am still playing around with the temp... I have it at 250 now, I might go as high as 290.
I think the temperature really depends on how dry your buds are... I've yet to find the perfect temp though (should fill 1-2 balloons, taste good, and be tan/brown... I've charred some.)

I like it overall, and I think it's worth the money, but part of me wishes I had just saved for a volcano.

phattybudz,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
phattybudz said:
Ok, I got this instead of a volcano because I thought it would be just as good and cheaper.

It's not a volcano because:

The mouth piece/bag connection suck. There should also be a cut-off valve on the bag like a volcano... If anybody is craftier than me and wants to build one, that would be sweet.

Also, the glass pieces can get hot as fuck, and I don't think it tastes as good.

That being said, I am still playing around with the temp... I have it at 250 now, I might go as high as 290.
I think the temperature really depends on how dry your buds are... I've yet to find the perfect temp though (should fill 1-2 balloons, taste good, and be tan/brown... I've charred some.)

I like it overall, and I think it's worth the money, but part of me wishes I had just saved for a volcano.
Play with the temp -- Do you know whether you got one of the newer units or one from the first run? Did you see the posts on the previous page about the drastic change in temp reading with the newer units?

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
hi phattybudz and welcome!

it is not a volcano also for others features that hope you already try like whip+ bong or bag+ bong.....these are so different units i tried both and i don't find volcano tastes better maybe it is easier and safer to use as this is more medical oriented.....anyway for sure you got the new version as your temps are same as my new one!
If you let the unit on for more than one hour it get hotter so 250 is my spot...Play with your toy to learn more!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
hello bigb nice to see your report!

These temps you talk about are for the first units!!!
FOR ALL THE NEW UNIT USERS THE RIGHT TEMPS RANGE IS 190-270
You must find your spot between these temps!!!
If you put it at 340-350 your plant material will BURN!!!

I don't really understand what you mean about using the cyclone bowl's bottom.....can you explain? How you can use it upside down? Do you put the black plastic side in the heater? Hope you joking!!:o

marcuss,

Bemuse

Hey,

Last night, while spending some quality time with my extreme, it began to beep uncontrollably and would not stop. I turned it off but it continued to beep so I had to unplug it to get it to stop. Once I plugged it back in it was ok till I went to grab the whip. Once I grabbed the whip it started screaming at me again. I soon realized that after resetting the unit it would stop until something moved the bowl a little. When I grabbed the bowl it seemed a little loose to me. I decided with the bowl still on the heating element, to gently turn in clockwise. After a few turns it felt like the element had tightened up a bit and when I turned it back on I did not have the beeping issue the rest of the time.

I could not look any closer at it last night because the unit was too hot so I am wondering if anyone knows if the heating element screws on somewhere inside the extreme?

I have sent an e-mail to arizer about the problem and I'm waiting on a response right now.

Bemuse,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That sucks, :( sounds kind of like what stickstones experienced.

Does Arizer still handle customer service if you bought from a reseller?

vtac,

Bemuse

vapor tactician said:
Does Arizer still handle customer service if you bought from a reseller?
Not really sure. I just wanted to know if the heating element does screw in there. I figured they would be the ones that know. I will have a chance to take a better look at it tonight.

Bemuse,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah for sure, I'm just curious.

Maybe you will end up with a new revision after all. :p

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
I think that beep is a remote control or receiver issue and not a heater element problem...maybe touching the bowl something make contact....anyway your warranty cover you for sure!
If you buy from a distributor ask them for the warranty!

marcuss,

Bemuse

marcuss said:
I think that beep is a remote control or receiver issue and not a heater element problem...maybe touching the bowl something make contact....anyway your warranty cover you for sure!
If you buy from a distributor ask them for the warranty!
Well I checked it out when I got home and the unit was cool. It appears that the element screws loose. I truned it counterclockwise and it did loosen, as soon has it began to loosen it started screaming. I tightened it back up and it hasn't started screaming yet.

I have the response from Steve at Arizer and I will post it here in a minute. I was very impressed.:D

Bemuse,

Bemuse

vapor tactician said:
Yeah for sure, I'm just curious.

Maybe you will end up with a new revision after all. :p
Here is my initial e-mail to Arizer....

I said:
Hello,

I recently purchased an Extreme from greatvape.com. I love the unit and it has been working great so far. My question is, last night I was using the extreme when it suddenly started beeping uncontrollably. I turned the unit off but it continued to beep. I ended up having to unplug it to get the beeping to stop. When I turned it back on it was ok till I grab the whip and it started beeping again. I jiggled the bowl and it seemed that the heating element was loose so I tried gently turning the bowl clockwise until it seemed that the heating element tightened back up. Once I did this I did not have the beeping issue again. Ok, so here is the question, Does the heating element screw on somewhere inside? I didn't have time to examine it further last night because the unit was too hot.

Totally unrelated, I was under the impression that the unit included a "Tuff bowl" but I did not receive one. Also, I cannot get the screen to stay in the elbow joint on the end of the whip, it keeps falling into the cyclone bowl.

None of these problems are real serious issues and I am enjoying the unit immensely. My main concern is the beeping I experienced last night.

Please advise,
Robert
A little wordy, I know. But I wanted to try and explain the problem best I could.

The response from Steve at Arizer....

Steve at Arizer said:
Hello Robert,

I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble.

We are going to send you a replacement Extreme right away direct from our warehouse.

This has happened twice before. For the Extreme to be functioning the way you describe the only conclusion we can make is that during shipping it takes a hell of a bump and something jars loose ... which is amazing because everything inside has rubber mounts in case of it getting jarred or bumped around.

The reason your cell phone, dvd player, tv etc can take bumps during shipping is because most circuit boards after they are made have a lot of electronics glue dropped on to hold resistors etc in place. That glue is highly toxic and since it's a vaporizer and we're inhaling from it we didn't want to use it.

We're going to try and use heavier rubber mounts in the next production run, we haven't had hardly any trouble with this, but it would be better for everyone especially you the Customer if it never happened.

I'm going to put a tuff bowl in the box no charge and some extra screens as well.

For the problem you're having with he elbow screen, it's quite easy to fix but you to do it carefully, take the domed screen between your thumb and forefinger and apply just a little pressure, you will see you can make it just a little wider and then it won't fall into the bowl.

Please send me your mailing address right away and we'll get your replacement unit shipped ExpressPost.

Best Regards,
Steve
Once again, very sorry you had this problem. I'm going to send you a new Extreme and Power adapter right away. At your convenience if you could return the broken unit and adapter I'd really appreciate it.

Best Regards,
Steve

Bemuse,

glizitch

this is some damn good conversation.. i say...

Steve sure is a pleasure to deal with....

so heres what i think...

310 is a good temp ...... the 2nd bag isnt very vapory and i dont think i need to try a third... thats crazy talk.. haha...

i think about half full is a good ammount ... not too grinded...

man im loving this thing though.. i think its better than the volcano... does the volcano have a remote control or interface with a water pipe?

im pretty sure i got the old production run because it would be too hot at 310C if i had the improved sensor...

thats my baked cents...

peace:D

glizitch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Bemuse...I personally think you are onto something here. You can read in Part 1 of this thread how my unit started beeping. Mine was beeping when the unit was turned off...it never beeped erratically when it was on. I was fine living with the beeps as I just started to unplug it when not in use. But, true to form, Steve offered to send me a new unit, as he has done for you...these guys really are some of the best customer service people I have ever dealt with in any industry!

But I often turn the bowl to loosen it and get it out when done, and sometimes it feels a little loose. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it has something to do with the unscrewing...but who knows. All I know is I am going to turn it clockwise from now on when taking it out (assuming I can think!).

I don't really understand what he is saying about how to widen the screens. If you have any luck, please pass on the technique as I have the screens falling out from time to time, too.

stickstones,

glizitch

i just had a strange occurrence...

i left it on 310 for 40 mins.....

used a cyclone on the first and then switched to a tuff...

while i was waiting for number 2 to preheat the unit beeped once

and then lowered to 270...

i turned off the unit to let it cool down.....

weird... any ideas ?

glizitch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
When I was having my beeping issues I did some troubleshooting for Steve that involved moving it around so it's not in the view of infrared devices. He said at least one person reported that their tv remote would interfere with the Extreme.

stickstones,

Bemuse

stickstones said:
I don't really understand what he is saying about how to widen the screens. If you have any luck, please pass on the technique as I have the screens falling out from time to time, too.
I think he wants me to bend the screen to the shape of an oval so it will stay in the elbow a little better...I tried it but it didn't really help.

Bemuse,

Bemuse

stickstones said:
When I was having my beeping issues I did some troubleshooting for Steve that involved moving it around so it's not in the view of infrared devices. He said at least one person reported that their tv remote would interfere with the Extreme.
Mine wasn't a remote issue. This was a constant beep. Neverending beep. I can make it happen again if I turn the heating element counter clockwise.

Bemuse,

ih8regs

i dont know if this has been brought up, but attaching and unattaching the bag to the mini whip is pretty difficult...especially when the bowl is hot and the bag is filled. does anyone have any advice?

ih8regs,

Bemuse

Welcome to the forums, ih8regs.

ih8regs said:
i dont know if this has been brought up, but attaching and unattaching the bag to the mini whip is pretty difficult...especially when the bowl is hot and the bag is filled. does anyone have any advice?
I just make sure to barely attach the bag to the mini whip. I had put it on there too good the first time and it was a bitch to get off. Barely on there and it just pops right off.

Bemuse,

ih8regs

eh i figured it out. if you pinch the tube the nozzle comes out pretty easy.

now my question is, how come the bag doesnt rise as its getting filled. as in rise off the ground like a balloon, a volcano's bag goes straight up

ih8regs,

marcuss

above the clouds
uao uao....lots of things to say...but no time to write a good reply...anyway i just say that you can turn the glass heater cover as you like(clockwise or anticlockwise) because there is no screws at all!!!
It is just a glass tube to contain the heater itself and there is no connection to the circuit board that should be where the problem comes out as Steve say too!!

Maybe if you are able to open it you can understand what i'm saying!

marcuss,

glizitch

hehe.... i guess it could be caused by interference from remotes... i was using the extreme next to my bed where i watch tv with a remote... ill let you know if it happens again... i really need to get a case for this thing....

clear dome... did that case come in yet?

i will order mine pending your good review...

thanks and i wish everyone a happy holiday tomorrow :)

peace

glizitch,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
nop the paymant will only be clear on april 23 an i'll get it maybe 2-3-4 day after

Clear_Dome,

Bemuse

marcuss said:
uao uao....lots of things to say...but no time to write a good reply...anyway i just say that you can turn the glass heater cover as you like(clockwise or anticlockwise) because there is no screws at all!!!
It is just a glass tube to contain the heater itself and there is no connection to the circuit board that should be where the problem comes out as Steve say too!!

Maybe if you are able to open it you can understand what i'm saying!
I think I'm gonna wait for my replacement then maybe crack this one open and take a look. I would like to have a better understanding of how it all goes together.

Bemuse,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom