Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
looks like someone trying too get rid of a bunch of v3 extremes. Not the Q (which is v4)
I think it is a onetime deal so the person can get rid of their stock.

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
not that bad for anyone who wants an extreme for a low price. Right now would be a good time because other places might do that as well too sell the Q. I don't think there are enough differences between the two too worry about the old version going byebye.
I see it as an opportunity people should jump on while it lasts

DevoTheStrange,

hereatlast

Wow, thats an incredible deal, I just picked up my v3 less than a month ago for $300 (in-store)! I was just a little late on an amazing deal or the newer version :/

BTW, first time poster and vaporizer owner :D Read through this whole thread (and several others) and really have no questions about my unit, answers are all there (though quite random and spread about). I'm continually surprised at the discrepancy between good herb (covered in crystals) versus mediocre herb in both thickness, and taste! My latest pick-up tastes very earthy/grassy from my very first hit :/ My girlfriend and I were quite spoiled by our first two weeks with the unit, extensive testing with purple :brow: I've got a little nug of that left and am continually amazed at the intense flowery taste I achieve with that from start to finish, even at the end the taste is great (with a systematically dark brown AVB at that). About two months away from a friends homegrown, several varieties of kush should be fun!

Well thanks to all for the great info, I'll stop lurking and start posting now if I have time. As a quick note, I've found my use of the unit completely parallels the temps/manner as stickstones' posts, so thanks for that! I was completely set on an HerbalAire and happened upon an Extreme at a local headshop, couldn't be happier with my impulse buy :peace:

hereatlast,

Konrad_Zuse

Does anyone have a problem with the screens? Mine seem to be too big, and I tried cutting them down, but it seems like I just made a lot of metal fibers that I'm scared I might inhale. Any thoughts, about this? It is the only thing upsetting me about this vaporizer, and I really want to know if it's just me? I placed a new screen in, and it's the same problem :(.

Konrad_Zuse,

the electrician

metal screens just suck an arse in general ive found. id say its pretty unlikely youll be inhaling the small fibers that will come loose, have a go at taking them out with a pair tweezers and often it takes some effort.

if you dont want to cut them why not fold them a little to suit your needs? or go buy some more that fit better

the electrician,

the electrician

i think ive managed to breed an extreme with an ssv. pictures are to come when im closer to earth

unbomber.jpg

This is the basic idea; a 14 to 18 adapter (its the best bowl design ive found thus far) into a downstem which has some tubing running from it to lungs. Nice big hits, but it takes some effort to set up perhaps. The solution would be to make or find a stand that will hold it on its side, probably against the wall for stability. the knock off wand can be used with ease and if i want to hit it through a bong i can take it off and do so. what do you think of that world?

the electrician,

hereatlast

Konrad, somewhere in this thread I think theres a picture of a solution to your problem. Making a V out of the paper clip so the point is directed towards the heating element, pushing down on the screen, and either top of the V pushing out on the bowl. I've never done it myself but it seemed to work well.

When I put my screen in it seemed big too, one little trick that worked well for me. The screens have a natural concavity to fit in there the first place, I took mine out and put it in "upside down" so that the concavity that would usually be holding my bud is pointing up, like a hump. Once it was in that position I popped the screen the other way using the poker so that it was again the other way. Basically take it out turn it over and pop the screen once its in, seemed to help it hug the walls of the bowl better for me.

hereatlast,

Konrad_Zuse

hereatlast said:
Konrad, somewhere in this thread I think theres a picture of a solution to your problem. Making a V out of the paper clip so the point is directed towards the heating element, pushing down on the screen, and either top of the V pushing out on the bowl. I've never done it myself but it seemed to work well.

When I put my screen in it seemed big too, one little trick that worked well for me. The screens have a natural concavity to fit in there the first place, I took mine out and put it in "upside down" so that the concavity that would usually be holding my bud is pointing up, like a hump. Once it was in that position I popped the screen the other way using the poker so that it was again the other way. Basically take it out turn it over and pop the screen once its in, seemed to help it hug the walls of the bowl better for me.
Hopefully I can find it. I tried your trick, and it just reverts to normal :(.

This is what it looks like
getattachmentaspxfm.jpg

Konrad_Zuse,

Konrad_Zuse

Rocket J Squirrel said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
Pretty much how mine looks, too. I don't think it affects how the unit performs -- I use the elbow screen -- but it does look sloppy.
It's just the fact that I gotta remove it to get the herb that's left under it. It forms and collects and it sometimes can fall onto the unit. Is that what the scren thing is on the heater?

Konrad_Zuse,

hereatlast

Ya I used it as it was for a while but got more and more aware of bud falling through, definitely something to think about. Rocket's definitely right about the elbow packs, but if I was blowing bags at speed 3 I'd want the screen to be firmly in place.

hereatlast,

Rocket J Squirrel

So - is there a way to get that screen to sit more squarely, to fit better? I've tried mooshing it around with various things, like a wooden spoon handle, to shape it better, but it just wants to boinnnggg back into a potato chip shape. :/

Rocket J Squirrel,

Mark

John Brown
When I get new pipes or bowls that are stubborn with a screen, I rub Marijuana oil in the bowl to hold the screen in.

Mark,

steven22

Hey, I have an extreme vaporizer version 3.0

and I have a few questions about it, my unit is about 2 months old and I use it daily.. .

I dont know if I was experiencing this since new , but then I insert the cyclone bowl on the heater, the stem that the heater sticks out of wobbles a little , especially with the cyclone bowl giving it more leverage

is that normal?.. or is it on its way to snapping off?

also isnt the cyclone bowl supposed to go over the heater end nice and flush? like the elbow attachments. but on mine it isnt, it still moves around heater in a not flush manner. when the fans are on, I can feel air blow around the heater and bowl even while bag is filling (indicating that no air leak should occur) right?

steven22,

Mark

John Brown
If you open up the unit, the glass heater cover is being held by a metal wire bent in half and pushed through. Mine wobbled a bit but I just backed the wire up a bit at the closed end, took pliers to force it more open, and pushed it back in the holes in the heater cover and now it holds strong. What is happening is the pin is just inside holding the glass, but not applying outwards force to hold it still, but who knows, maybe that outwards force is how I break so many heater covers.

Mark,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
also isnt the cyclone bowl supposed to go over the heater end nice and flush? like the elbow attachments. but on mine it isnt, it still moves around heater in a not flush manner.
Arizer just replaced my 10 month old V3 under warranty because the fan had failed. I was highly impressed by quick attention I got. My original email was answered within an hour, and when I said I didn't want to send my unit back because I'd be without for a couple of days, they arranged for me to do an exchange at a local vendor. The new unit is also a V3 but I've noticed a couple of differences.

One is that the cyclone bowl now has a loose fit. My old unit didn't. I suspect they changed the tolerances a bit to reduce the number of broken heater covers that resulted from people trying to remove tight-fitting bowls, but that's just my guess. Since I was always careful removing the bowl I prefer the tighter fit. I hadn't noticed air leakage but I will check for it.

The other difference could be just normal variation from unit to unit, but I'll mention it anyway: the temperature readout is more difficult to read. The orange bar doesn't have as much contrast as my old unit did so when I'm changing temperature I have to get a lot closer than before.

These are minor issues to me, by the way. I still <3 my Extreme.

pakalolo,

Konrad_Zuse

I have the same issues where my wobbles, but it started when I first got it. Not a big deal + 2 year warranty isn't bad :).

Konrad_Zuse,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom