Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
rosstaman said:
Temperature=
The following is an excerpt from a book by Ed Rosenthal.
"THC's boiling point is 393F (200C) but active vapors form at almost 100 degrees lower. MJ's active components turn to vapor between 260 -392 degrees F (126 - 200C). The ideal temperature for vaporization is subject to debate, but is usually suggested in the range 330-375 degrees F (165 - 190C). Smoke begins to form at temperatures over 360 degrees F (182C). When the temp goes over the 400 degree F (204C) mark, tars and other undesirable compounds such as benzene and dioxins are released. When ignited the temperature soars to 600 degrees or higher."
Hmmm, that's interesting. Am I interpreting this correctly?

It's saying THC's boiling point is 200C, but vapors from MJ's "active ingredients" can form as low as 126C. Also, that smoke begins to form at 182C+ before THC's boiling point, but the "bad smoke" starts to form at 315C+

Thanks for sharing, what book is it from?

Things like this really make we wish I had scientist to explain exactly how vaporization works with MJ. :/

Edit: Please use the following thread for general marijuana vaporization temp discussion, i.e. not specifically pertaining to the Extreme's thermal sensor readout. :)

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
vapor tactician said:
rosstaman said:
Temperature=
The following is an excerpt from a book by Ed Rosenthal.
"THC's boiling point is 393F (200C) but active vapors form at almost 100 degrees lower. MJ's active components turn to vapor between 260 -392 degrees F (126 - 200C). The ideal temperature for vaporization is subject to debate, but is usually suggested in the range 330-375 degrees F (165 - 190C). Smoke begins to form at temperatures over 360 degrees F (182C). When the temp goes over the 400 degree F (204C) mark, tars and other undesirable compounds such as benzene and dioxins are released. When ignited the temperature soars to 600 degrees or higher."
Hmmm, that's interesting. Am I interpreting this correctly?

It's saying THC's boiling point is 200C, but vapors from MJ's "active ingredients" can form as low as 126C. Also, that smoke begins to form at 182C+ before THC's boiling point, but the "bad smoke" starts to form at 315C+

Thanks for sharing, what book is it from?

Things like this really make we wish I had scientist to explain exactly how vaporization works with MJ. :/

Edit: Please use the following thread for general marijuana vaporization temp discussion, i.e. not specifically pertaining to the Extreme's thermal sensor readout. :)
Here's what I go by for temps:

http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/vaporizerstudy1.html

I'd agree with the range of 330-375 degrees F (165 - 190C) for 'clean vapor' but I'm very skeptical of the statement that smoke starts just above 360 F. You can't be avoiding toxins at 365, as the study says, if you're also getting smoke. And I'm lost with the Extreme as far as determining the heating chamber temp from the display, especially since they've moved the temp sensor. Since I don't have one my motivation to keep up is somewhat low. ;)

max,

glizitch

ok... so couple of strange things if anyone is still following this thread....

my unit beeps randomly when plugged in but not turned on... anyone else?

also i have found that 310C is the best temp for me on the first generation exteme....

AND 315 is good for the second bag.....

HOWEVER

320C just caused ignition and made me a sad panda....

so it is toucht to say the last... but 315 and 310 never had an ignition

and of course use stickstones method of preheating the unit for 10 minutes

and then preheating the bowl for another 10 minutes and voila perfection

lemme know what ya think...

and did anyone get a case for this beast yet... i looked at the one on ebay mentioned earlier in this thread but would like something more specific... maybe we could cutout foam of some kind....

peace

g

glizitch,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
glizitch said:
ok... so couple of strange things if anyone is still following this thread....

my unit beeps randomly when plugged in but not turned on... anyone else?

also i have found that 310C is the best temp for me on the first generation exteme....

AND 315 is good for the second bag.....

HOWEVER

320C just caused ignition and made me a sad panda....

so it is toucht to say the last... but 315 and 310 never had an ignition

and of course use stickstones method of preheating the unit for 10 minutes

and then preheating the bowl for another 10 minutes and voila perfection

lemme know what ya think...

and did anyone get a case for this beast yet... i looked at the one on ebay mentioned earlier in this thread but would like something more specific... maybe we could cutout foam of some kind....

peace

g
it is realy wierd ! cause I cant ignite my stuff at 350C ...If vap at 350c a have a thick vapor and my herb just go lil yellowish brown but I stil get lil vap a 300 maybe 290....I think that maybe there is a temp variation between the units ..

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yup...I never even come close to combustion, no matter what temp I use. I had the same problem with the beeping on my unit and it still does it.

stickstones,

glizitch

well that is very interesting... do you think i have a second gen unit if i get ignition at 320C?

but if i had a second gen unit then wouldnt i get ignition at like 290C or lower?

do i have some weird in between hybrid? lol

very interesting

g

glizitch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think if you had a new model it would combust at 310C as well...but I can't say for sure. Regardless, it's worth it to drop Steve a line and ask him what he thinks. Especially if you have the beeping as well. That alone was enough for him to replace my unit...and I did not have any combustion issues.

stickstones,

specked

So I got it yesterday and my throat is so sore! I was drinking water the whole time. Maybe I was breathing too hard? I need some input guys.

I started at 200C and ended up at 260C
Thanks

specked,

marcuss

above the clouds
specked said:
So I got it yesterday and my throat is so sore! I was drinking water the whole time. Maybe I was breathing too hard? I need some input guys.

I started at 200C and ended up at 260C
Thanks
I never had sore throat vaping with the extreme....hard or slow it's the same airflow that pass thru your throat!
First day usually is a test day so after vaping for long time you need some water to reidrate.
Maybe a bong system with some water will be smoother for your sore throat!!!

Enjoy the sweet vapor!

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I do find that vaping dry can irritate my throat a little. It's mainly due to the hot/warm air, I think. If you don't have a water filtration system set up, a little trick you can use is to put an icecube in your mouth so the mouthpiece of your whip/balloon is pressed up against it and the vapor flows over the ice.

Other than that, I've found that some lower quality commercial buds can cause some irritation as well. Probably due to some nasty fertilizers or something. :(

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had a sore throat yesterday after a long day of hitting it hard. I hit it straight from the bag...no help from water or ice. I find I have sore throats on a regular basis...I'm sure it is due to the hot air intake. I should probably start to get into the bong attachment thing.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
stickstones said:
I had a sore throat yesterday after a long day of hitting it hard. I hit it straight from the bag...no help from water or ice. I find I have sore throats on a regular basis...I'm sure it is due to the hot air intake. I should probably start to get into the bong attachment thing.
If you hitting all day long obviously your throat will be sore!:D

Also small plant debrids helps to get your throat sore!

On this high rotation use you should go on water fitration mode for sure!

marcuss,

glizitch

yeah... i think ill see what the man thinks...

i have some more notes as of late

i find that the screens for the attachments that go on top of the bowl are very loose and fall in sometimes.. i read somewhere to bend them with your finger or something but i never could and i killed one with pliers.. haha

and did any of you ever get a case yet?.. im about to order that one from ebay mentioned in the previous post..... i just think that maybe there is a better solution..

well thats my rant

peace

glizitch,

max

Out to lunch
i find that the screens for the attachments that go on top of the bowl are very loose and fall in sometimes
Do you mean the screens for the elbow adapter? The 'rimmed dome' screens? I thought they were supposed to be a big improvement over the original adapter screens. Don't have the Extreme, but I had the V-Tower and my adapter screen didn't give me any trouble but I could see how it could, just wrapped around the connector. It did 'snag' everytime it contacted any cloth material-clothes, chair fabric, etc. Did the Extreme have the current rimmed dome screens when it first came out? And is the rimmed screen what you're having trouble with?

max,

Xrunnerman

I have had the Extreme for over 3 months now and I love it. As far as a case goes the best thing I used was the Pelican 1500 with the pick and pluck foam. Its a bit pricey but you can fit everything in and I mean everything I have the battery pack in it as well as the charger for it. Its like 117 form pelican's website. I will post photos. Does any one know how on this site?

Xrunnerman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome Runnerman...images: you need to post them somewhere on the internet and link to them. Many of the users here use imageshack.com

Glizitch -- I was having problems with the old screens falling out, as well as the new ones. They usually send several, and they have minor differences in size, so try them all and use the one that is the tightest. Last night I had my fill of one screen that was always falling out so I got one of my other ones and it worked fine. I have not yet been able to squeeze the screen like they said to do...they are tough as nails.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Hi Xrunnerman , welcome here and long live to the extreme :D

....hey stickstones & Glizitch 1 of my 4 screen was fallen so I just change it and my 3 other fit tight and dont fall and I have the old fasion screen

Clear_Dome,

glizitch

yeah i was just kinda upset cuz so many of them dont fit and the one that did fit ripped.. i just got a bad batch.... and yes the rimmed dome screens...

peace

glizitch,

Xrunnerman

Hope these work. Gives you some ideas of placement.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Xrunnerman,

djelimon

Xrunnerman, do they say how long can you leave the recharger in for? Hae you tried using it?

djelimon,

glizitch

i just ordered the one from ebay for 50 bones...

but that pelican case does look sweet....

lets hope we can get by with a $50 case instead of $100 though :)

i also got a response from Steve who confirmed that the beeping when turned off can be caused by electrical interference..... and also say 310C is a great temp!

peace

g

glizitch,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom