Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
jasrich said:
Hi all, I'm a new vaper and I'm trying to get the hang out of my Extreme. I'm getting a great first hit with the elbow pack method at 200C but I'm not sure if I'm getting even combustion because after another 1 or 2 much smaller hits, I usually have to stop to stir and I find a fair amount of green herb particles. After stirring what is left in the elbow I turn it up to 210 and maybe get a visible hit but sometimes not.

Does this sound like normal usage? I have had to reload many times, enough to not be conserving herbs as I hoped to with a vape but I'm writing it off to the leaning curve.

Thanks for any comments.

K first of all your not suppose to get a combustion, vaping is releasing the kief of the weed and you are inhaling vapor. You will not get hits like a bong but you will get really high enjoy

VapeKing420,

Canarka

jasrich said:
Hi all, I'm a new vaper and I'm trying to get the hang out of my Extreme. I'm getting a great first hit with the elbow pack method at 200C but I'm not sure if I'm getting even combustion because after another 1 or 2 much smaller hits, I usually have to stop to stir and I find a fair amount of green herb particles. After stirring what is left in the elbow I turn it up to 210 and maybe get a visible hit but sometimes not.

Does this sound like normal usage? I have had to reload many times, enough to not be conserving herbs as I hoped to with a vape but I'm writing it off to the leaning curve.

Thanks for any comments.

Dude, your temps are WAY TOO HIGH.

Second, you're not supposed to get combustion.

Let the thing warm up at 165-170C for 3-4 minutes. Pack an elbow. Enjoy.

You'll get WAY more flavorful hits. There was a guy who did some temperature testing with some probes and the temp on the display isn't whats actually going on at the elbow.

An elbow will last you 12+ hits(I draw about 10-15seconds) and each hit will be plentiful. One elbow (0.1-0.2) gets me extremely medicated. I would say I have a high tolerance as I've been a multiple times a day (2-4) smoker for almost 3 years now.

Canarka,

nr-cole

Could it be that since there are so many different revisions of the V-Tower/Extreme that different temperatures are better on different units? I see people recommending temps from 165-240, which is a pretty huge range. Maybe it would be helpful if when posting temperature recommendations, people stated what version they have (1.0 - 4.0).

Sidenote, MY Q SHOULD COME TODAY!

nr-cole,

Canarka

^ Very true.

I keep forgetting there are multiple revisions. I just really feel like most people are using far too high temps (In general).

Canarka,
Canarka said:
jasrich said:

Thanks for any comments.

Dude, your temps are WAY TOO HIGH.

Second, you're not supposed to get combustion.

Let the thing warm up at 165-170C for 3-4 minutes. Pack an elbow. Enjoy.

You'll get WAY more flavorful hits. There was a guy who did some temperature testing with some probes and the temp on the display isn't whats actually going on at the elbow.

An elbow will last you 12+ hits(I draw about 10-15seconds) and each hit will be plentiful. One elbow (0.1-0.2) gets me extremely medicated. I would say I have a high tolerance as I've been a multiple times a day (2-4) smoker for almost 3 years now.

you are not vaping at to high of a temperture The EQ cannot combuss I vape at 235 *C Trying vaping at 235*C I promise you will get good hits and its all vapor
Enjoy

VapeKing420,

Canarka

VapeKing420 said:
you are not vaping at to high of a temperture The EQ cannot combuss I vape at 235 *C Trying vaping at 235*C I promise you will get good hits and its all vapor
Enjoy

Higher temps do not always equal better hits.

Canarka,

nr-cole

The best idea, I think, given the inherent problems of multiple versions, is to start at the low-end of the recommended range (say 165) and work your way up (over multiple sessions if need be) until you find the optimum point.

nr-cole,
Canarka said:
VapeKing420 said:
Enjoy

Higher temps do not always equal better hits.

Yeah I just think a higher temperature is better but if you can't handle the heat I suggest 175-190 *C
For blowing up bags sometimes I used 240*C
Keep blazing man
peace :)

VapeKing420,
nr-cole said:
Could it be that since there are so many different revisions of the V-Tower/Extreme that different temperatures are better on different units? I see people recommending temps from 165-240, which is a pretty huge range. Maybe it would be helpful if when posting temperature recommendations, people stated what version they have (1.0 - 4.0).

Sidenote, MY Q SHOULD COME TODAY!

Hey I got the newest one If I was you I would put it at 200 to start and if thats to hot of vapor for you than go down but if you find you want a milker rip go to 235*C I always use mine at that for the whip. Dont let people tell you that your vaping to high. I have the newest Extreme Q and I know what I'm talking about unlike a lot of people on this site who are writing replys and they dont know what their talking about :/

Anyways hope you enjoy the Q :D

VapeKing420,

Canarka

VapeKing420 said:
Yeah I just think a higher temperature is better but if you can't handle the heat I suggest 175-190 *C
For blowing up bags sometimes I used 240*C
Keep blazing man
peace :)

This has nothing to do with being able to "handle" it. This isn't a "Im a manlier man then you, I vape at higher temps!".

The fact of the matter is, you should be vaping at lower temps. There is zero need to go beyond 180ish other then to "Vape at mad high numbers".

Canarka,

Canarka

VapeKing420 said:
Hey I got the newest one If I was you I would put it at 200 to start and if thats to hot of vapor for you than go down but if you find you want a milker rip go to 235*C I always use mine at that for the whip. Dont let people tell you that your vaping to high. I have the newest Extreme Q and I know what I'm talking about unlike a lot of people on this site who are writing replys and they dont know what their talking about :/

Anyways hope you enjoy the Q :D

Don't listen to this guy. You can either listen to someone who can barely speak english properly or you can listen to the many people on this thread with factual knowledge. There was a member who did actual tests, with PROBES. Actual scientific data, not the incoherent rambling of this guy.

Your temps are too high. Stop spreading misinformation.

Canarka,

hereatlast

Canarka, while I'm sure many here would agree that their preference is for lower-temperature vapor, its unfair to impose that preference as authority or law. Not only have you told people that their preference is wrong, it doesn't seem you've taken into account all the variables or circumstances (e.g. "There is zero need to go beyond 180ish other then to 'Vape at mad high numbers';" post 2586).

It is an interesting predicament to think about the authority some posters feel they should have, unfortunately, there's little to no filter here (the interwebz), I try to remember over and again that even facts posted as such cannot necessarily be trusted.

hereatlast,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Canarka said:
Your temps are too high. Stop spreading misinformation.

The misinformation here is that his temperatures are too high. As long as he isn't combusting, his temperatures are fine.

There's no setting for the Extreme that is perfect for everyone in every case, or even for one person like me. Low temperature vaping is my preference, but vaping at high temperatures gives a different experience that I sometimes want. Also, gradually stepping up the temperatures is different again.

pakalolo,

lwien

Yeah, I never could understand this. I was on another board where someone was saying that if you don't vape at the temps he suggested, that you were not vaping properly.

We really do need to get away from, "If you are not vaping my way, you are doing it wrong." As long as one isn't going into combustion, how can one say that another is using the wrong temp when one considers that all of our body chemistries are different and we all don't react to cannabis in the exact same way, along with the fact that some of us are recreational users who want " to be able to do something while we're high" versus those that are medicating for pain relief and are looking for a narcotic type of high. ?

Just like there is no such thing as the "best" vape, there is also no such thing as the "best" way to vape or the "best" temperature to vape at.

lwien,

jasrich

Thanks for all of the responses. I didn't realize that anyone had because I subscribed to the thread and expected to get email when/if anyone responded but never got the email.

I only get 2-3 hits from an elbow at 195-220 so I'm obviously doing something wrong if I should be getting 10-12 hits/elbow. I tried it at 180 tonight and didn't get much of a hit but I didn't pack much in there.

Thanks.

jasrich,

Sirrrk

hey guys, having a few maintenance related issues here if anyone can help!

the glass heater cover broke, and the white ceramic heating element was exposed. I kept vaping anyway while waiting for my replacement glass protector to come in and everything has been working as normal, except now the fan won't turn on! is this some kind of protection mechanism? I hope so because I don't see how it's related to the glass part breaking.

I bought it from some guy on eBay for $170ish, who said I would get the warranty, only to find out that I didn't actually get the warranty! what can I do about the fan? I can't send it back apparently.. damn eBay scammers.

UPDATE: ok, I got my replacement cover in and when I opened the vape up, a TON of herb fell out of it. I wasn't expecting that! apparently filling the bowl while it's still attached to the vape let a bit too much herb fall down into the cracks. I won't be doing that again. I'm just thankful that there wasn't any damage to the electronics! the fan works again after shaking all the junk out. crisis averted...

now for the future, what is the best way of switching out the bowl during use? I usually just grab a hand towel to remove the bowl with but it feels kind of aggressive at times (it can get stuck) and I don't want the glass to break again.

Sirrrk,

Gregular

As much as I love my Extreme Q, I don't understand their stance on the bags. Absolutely nowhere can I find any good instructions on how to make new bags. I'm hardly good with my hands, so this isn't something I can just figure out on my own. Lots of posts point toward http://rockwise.net/bags.htm, but that page has been down since before I owned the vaporizer. I managed to make a new bag myself, but it's not done nearly as well as the ones that came with it. Is there any way to buy pre-assembled bags? Or can someone please point me toward some good instructions - preferably with pictures/video?

Gregular,

forlorn1

I have never been successful in assembling a bag but it hasn't been a problem since the elbow pack gives such great hits and keeps me satisfied

forlorn1,

forlorn1

not sure where to post this, but has anyone heard any updates about the portable vaporizer that arizer is working on?

forlorn1,

whitecube

hey :)
i'm the new one.
just take my v-tower apart.

i try to mod it to a tower with fan (the newest V-tower have no fan)
can anyone make pictures from the extreme printed circuit board?

the fan should be a BFB0412HA 5C19 right?

i have to know which IR receiver module.
J2 should be the connector for the fan?
D4 is what?
Q1 is what?
and D9 is what? :)

i hope someone can help me, maybe its a chance to get a cheap vapo!

best regards!

whitecube,

jakkoj

Hey,

Last night as I was using my vape it started excreting a machine smelling/tasting smoke. I turned it off as soon as I noticed but left it plugged in. About 20 minutes later I checked in on it and was surprised to find that it was hotter than I had left it before I turned it off and that the entire machine had become hot (noticeably hotter than it should be). I unplugged it and it cooled down eventually, but by this point my apartment was filled with a machine smoke scent.

This morning I fired it up to see how it was doing and it wouldn't get any warmer than 48C.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

jakkoj,

jakkoj

I contacted Arizer and they were really helpful. According to them I had ordered a counterfeit version from a vendor on Amazon and were therefore not responsible. After re-contacting the seller on Amazon, it turns out that they have been refurbishing old or broken Arizers and selling them at a slightly discounted price. Because Arizer will not touch it, the Amazon vendor offered to repair it at no cost (I still have to pay shipping).

I still think the vendor should have included "referbished" or "used" in the description...

jakkoj,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom