The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

TommydCat

I wad it up into the middle of the cotton which seems to fit snug enough in the hurricane bowl. This will wick the oil out a bit as it heats helping it that much more as well as allowing air to flow past all the way around, making sure the cotton isn't waded very tightly at all (which would restrict the air). Seems to work ok without dripping into the Q or oil dripping out the top with a draw, but then again, I haven't tried this in some time due to having better equipment for the job ;)

TommydCat,

jeff

As far as capping the bags, I don't have anything "official" and I like the idea of a pencil eraser but I just use plastic wrap, take a piece, fold it over the hole and wrap it around, works if you have nothing else.

I use this to close off the bag. You need a tiny bit of tube between glass mouth piece and the valve. Works like a charm. When it gets sticky clean. http://www.rei.com/product/668226/camelbak-ergo-hydrolock

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
Hey guys whats up.

I just bought a Extreme for 150 on Ebay and I was wondering what is the best way to vape oils like wax and such?

I have read about using cotton. Do you put the cotton in the elbow followed by wax on top of it?
http://oi49.tinypic.com/29feewz.jpg

You can also sandwich the oil between some dry cannabis if you elbow pack or just put it right on top of the bud if you use the bowl, and dont stir it until after a couple bags.

Skeena,

TheDoctor76859

I have used a Volcano Liquid pad that I cut in half and balled up. It worked will with my Iso oil. I rubbed the pad on the dabber that I was using and stuck the pad in the elbow.

TheDoctor76859,

Airlesscoma

The key is balance
Random idea here, what if the cyclone bowls had a turbine perc type disk in it instead of the smaller circle it has. The screen would still sit just fine and the air traveling through it would be swirling in a tornado action, evenly vaping the bowl. Seems difficult to make, but it would be awesome to see it in action.:science:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Random idea here, what if the cyclone bowls had a turbine perc type disk in it instead of the smaller circle it has. The screen would still sit just fine and the air traveling through it would be swirling in a tornado action, evenly vaping the bowl. Seems difficult to make, but it would be awesome to see it in action.:science:

This is actually a really good idea IMO, but where would you get one? It would probably let you use whole nuggets in the cyclone bowl, a la the Herbalaire.

Airlesscoma

The key is balance
It would have to be a custom made piece, maybe something I could ask PV about. Id imagine it would be a little difficult to create such a small turbine perc. Id love to learn glass blowing one day.

Recently I have been using my bags with the Q. I like to do a single bag per bowl and keep the temp low, ~370F during the day, and save the avb to re-vape at ~430F at night. This has been working out tremendously, I have been able to maintain a clear head while staying sufficiently medicated throughout the day. About half an hour ago I did a bag of low temp avb at 430F. The flavor was a cooked popcornish taste and it was much harsher, however I was able to immediately notice the heavier sedative effects one gets at high temps. I love my Q :love:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I use this to close off the bag. You need a tiny bit of tube between glass mouth piece and the valve. Works like a charm. When it gets sticky clean. http://www.rei.com/product/668226/camelbak-ergo-hydrolock

Like the looks of this! It should work great. I used a valve I scavenged from a different camelback product and it worked well - so assuming this will, too. Also like that it looks to be a right angle, so bag is facing down or off to side instead of right in your face.

Next REI order, I'm picking one up. Thanks for posting!

flotntoke,

Beardharmonica

Heres my setup since my cloud broke.

My version of the poor man's cloud.

rjqw5s.jpg

2d17ptt.jpg

Works like a charm, really easy on the cleaning and the Q is a tank.

JJSeattle

Probably an honest mistake, they sent the wrong part. Go back to the seller and explain. Good luck!

JJSeattle,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey guys, its been a while since I used my EQ...

I'm giving it to my friend for a couple of days and I forgot one thing about the proper elbow packing method.

When I used it, I powered up the EQ for 15mintues before usage, what I don't remember is if I connected the elbow to the cyclobowl in the beginning or just after 15 minutes of heating up...

How do you do it guys?

m0sh,

Bvapst

Personally I was putting it from the start so it pre-heat as well. Then you can almost hit dirrectly after you packed the elbow.

Bvapst,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Hey guys, its been a while since I used my EQ...

I'm giving it to my friend for a couple of days and I forgot one thing about the proper elbow packing method.

When I used it, I powered up the EQ for 15mintues before usage, what I don't remember is if I connected the elbow to the cyclobowl in the beginning or just after 15 minutes of heating up...

How do you do it guys?

m0sh, what the hell you doing over here, lose your way from Eagle land? ;)

Oh, right, the elbow-pack . . . load and set it in the bowl at the start. Not that much heat rises from the Q, and the pack is snug. If you wait, the screen and elbow are cold; then extraction takes more work and makes it easier for the hot spot to form.

oldiebutgoodie,

BalzaSteel

Just tried out my new Tuff Bowl and wanted to wax poetic :love:

when I was researching the V-Tower I kept on running across folks complaining about the Cyclone Bowl breaking when they dropped it, and I kept thinking "Why the hell are ya throwing your bowl on the floor ya stoner"?

well after singing my thumb print off on the bowl I figured it out :o

so I swore, swept up the pieces, and ordered a Tuff Bowl, and I'm impressed, from the pics I thought it was just a normal bowl with a bit of clear shrink tube on it, much to my surprise it has a soft silicone sleeve that not only protects from breakage, but from burnage as well :tup: best part is, if you do manage to break your bowl, the sleeve could be slipped over a regular Cyclone Bowl bowl quite easily.

the only real downside is that you pretty much have to look inside to see which end is the top, especially when under the influence :spliff:

I give it 10 outta ten and well worth the extra few bucks, in fact, even if I had a good Cyclone Bowl I'd buy one of these and switch the sleeve so I'd still have the black band at the top of the bowl.

now I just have to wonder why a company that came up with such a great Idea sells a device designed for the purpose of getting ripped and forgot to provide a clip for the breakable and ultra losable glass poker, I'm considering drilling a hole in the plastic base to keep the damn thing in.

BalzOut

Top Bottom