The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . honestly, am i stupid or the bags assembly is impossible to do ?

Not quite impossible, but difficult enough that you may lose a fingernail (or your mind). And it gets worse if you use less expensive oven baking bags because those bags are more square than the Arizer bags, and so there is more material to be gathered which means a larger wad to push that second o-ring over.

I refused to give up the cheaper bags, and no way was I going to torture myself any longer. So . . . to hell with that second o-ring, there is a much easier and equally effective alternative: A twist-tie. The type that has a wire inside, like commonly used with a loaf of bread. Just wrap the tie where that o-ring would go, twist tight, wrap around the tie's ends; same result. It's a little easier to use a little more of the bag end than 1.5", too.

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Not quite impossible, but difficult enough that you may lose a fingernail (or your mind). And it gets worse if you use less expensive oven baking bags because those bags are more square than the Arizer bags, and so there is more material to be gathered which means a larger wad to push that second o-ring over.

I refused to give up the cheaper bags, and no way was I going to torture myself any longer. So . . . to hell with that second o-ring, there is a much easier and equally effective alternative: A twist-tie. The type that has a wire inside, like commonly used with a loaf of bread. Just wrap the tie where that o-ring would go, twist tight, wrap around the tie's ends; same result. It's a little easier to use a little more of the bag end than 1.5", too.
yeah i loosed my mind and threw the bag and mouthpiece .
i finally got it later last night.

from what i can tell , the EQ is less effective than the HerbalAire ..

francis,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . from what i can tell , the EQ is less effective than the HerbalAire ..

IIRC the HA uses a considerably more powerful pump compared to the Q's fan. That said, you can still get very thick vapor with the Q, it just takes some experimenting with the load size, dryness and grind of your herb, fan speed, temp. Takes some patience. On the other hand, IMO the Q is overall friendlier to use and much better with the whip, it is very flexible.

This thread is long, but it will be worth your time to read through it. A lot of tips on maximizing the machine, especially with the whip and extra-especially if you like to add a water piece.

oldiebutgoodie,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
IIRC the HA uses a considerably more powerful pump compared to the Q's fan. That said, you can still get very thick vapor with the Q, it just takes some experimenting with the load size, dryness and grind of your herb, fan speed, temp. Takes some patience. On the other hand, IMO the Q is overall friendlier to use and much better with the whip, it is very flexible.

This thread is long, but it will be worth your time to read through it. A lot of tips on maximizing the machine, especially with the whip and extra-especially if you like to add a water piece.
i read trought it , i'm still experimenting .

TommydCat

...there is a much easier and equally effective alternative: A twist-tie. The type that has a wire inside, like commonly used with a loaf of bread. Just wrap the tie where that o-ring would go, twist tight, wrap around the tie's ends; same result. It's a little easier to use a little more of the bag end than 1.5", too.

I've got one bag with this, and another bag using a small hair scrunchy (doubled over and over like a rubberband and it gives a nice small patch of fabric to hold the bag). The first o-ring is what keeps most of the seal, and the second keeps the plastic ends held back out of the way (and now a grip as well).

Of course, your mileage may vary at different levels of medication.

francis

Vape enthusiasms
it's getting better but , i dont know man .. the Herbalaire vapor is very thick with very little herb., the EQ vapor is light event with big load.
it's effective but very light.

392 on the EQ is equal to 335 on the HA.
410 on EQ is lighter than 350 on the HA

maybe i'll pick up a twist..

francis,

TOWELIE 420

it's getting better but , i dont know man .. the Herbalaire vapor is very thick with very little herb., the EQ vapor is light event with big load.
it's effective but very light.

392 on the EQ is equal to 335 on the HA.
410 on EQ is lighter than 350 on the HA

maybe i'll pick up a twist..

Are you using the elbow pack? I never achieved thick vapor with my EQ until i started elbow packs.

TOWELIE 420,

francis

Vape enthusiasms

yes i tried elbow pack but cyclone seem to work better for now..

it's only been 2 days so i will give it a chance.
had a small learning curve with the HA too.
but as right now I'm a bit disappointed.

francis,

TOWELIE 420

man it look like you only quoted me lol

yes i tried elbow pack but cyclone seem to work better.
Lol i know i fucked up my first post! I find that very odd I was actually a bit disappointed in my vape until i tried the elbow pack

TOWELIE 420,

TOWELIE 420

tight or light pack
As light as u can. And only fill it up half or a lil more. Use blunt end of stirring tool to pack LIGHTLY. flip elbow upside down over desk to make sure u are not going to have spillage of the holy herb and then put that shit on your vape and start blazing!

francis

Vape enthusiasms
As light as u can. And only fill it up half or a lil more. Use blunt end of stirring tool to pack LIGHTLY. flip elbow upside down over desk to make sure u are not going to have spillage of the holy herb and then put that shit on your vape and start blazing!
good i'm trying it right now

Teedub

elbow pack pumps thick vapor, 190c - 230c even with the fan on! (usually on 1) Im no light weight 10+ years of daily combusting and the eq f's me up good. I need bigger lungs now!

Def perc/ pre heat your herb a bit before you start pulling and I have had a big variety of clouds depending on how much i pack in the elbow. Play with amounts and packing tightness.

Teedub

^^ mmm thats a good point, grind quality. I use a coffee and spice grinder (electronic) and this makes it quite fluffy not dense and compacted like those hand held grinders - good for the convection.

can also play with how fine or large you want to grind/chop

Teedub,

TOWELIE 420

elbow pack pumps thick vapor, 190c - 230c even with the fan on! (usually on 1) Im no light weight 10+ years of daily combusting and the eq f's me up good. I need bigger lungs now!

Def perc/ pre heat your herb a bit before you start pulling and I have had a big variety of clouds depending on how much i pack in the elbow. Play with amounts and packing tightness.
Ya for sure I get super clouds hits when I elbow pack. I don't use the fan because id rather more cbds per air ratio but thats just me!

^^ mmm thats a good point, grind quality. I use a coffee and spice grinder (electronic) and this makes it quite fluffy not dense and compacted like those hand held grinders - good for the convection.

can also play with how fine or large you want to grind/chop
A regular 3 piece grinder has always done the job effortlessly for me. Unless its really humid out or the buds not properly dried

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

TOWELIE 420,

TOWELIE 420

I got my silicone tubing today.. Very nice.. the wall thickness is perfect.. just enough to not kink but thin enough to be light weight. I wish it was clear, but I don't think that's possible. Then it's time to order this.. http://www.ioffer.com/i/12-12-arm-bubbler-dewar-seal-joint-water-pipe-528796064 ... then life will be complete..

mgk :tup:
Nice im still slacking on picking some up for myself as i don't really have the funds... I know I know its cheap but thats ten dollars i could be spending on bud! Anyways, whats the point of the dewar joints again?

TOWELIE 420,

Teedub

Ya for sure I get super clouds hits when I elbow pack. I don't use the fan because id rather more cbds per air ratio but thats just me!
yeah fan is optional, I find it helps pump in a bit more when im running out of breathe hahaha

I got my silicone tubing today.. Very nice.. the wall thickness is perfect.. just enough to not kink but thin enough to be light weight. I wish it was clear, but I don't think that's possible. Then it's time to order this.. http://www.ioffer.com/i/12-12-arm-bubbler-dewar-seal-joint-water-pipe-528796064 ... then life will be complete..

mgk :tup:

I have that exact bubbler! Its gorgeous.

Teedub,
Top Bottom