The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Would this be for the purpose of cooling the vapor, or increasing thermal mass to apply more heat to the herb?
The later, to increase thermal mass and turn the omega into a kind of injection chamber like what some ball vapes use. Full disclosure though I do not own any ball vapes and am not super familiar with them but have done some research on how the cheap diy stuff works.

I'm not sure it would work with the herb being under the balls pulling through them. Pretty sure that the hot air from the balls has to be pulled through the herb, not pull the herb smoke through the balls.

Would have to get a way for the herb to be on top and still attach a whip or glass to it, and really nicely secure basket screens on both sides and use the megaadapter with screen Just in case.

Leaving the fan on at a high temp gets the steel HOT, adding balls and putting the herb on top could be worth a try. But really the kit as it is provides a really even extraction all the way through once heat soaked so it may not be worth the squeeze.

Last edited:
SmokeyDope,
Reactions: Rodney

maskedcorrespondent

XQ2, Dynaverse, Xmax
The later, to increase thermal mass and turn the omega into a kind of injection chamber like what some ball vapes use. Full disclosure though I do not own any ball vapes and am not super familiar with them but have done some research on how the cheap diy stuff works.

I'm not sure it would work with the herb being under the balls pulling through them. Pretty sure that the hot air from the balls has to be pulled through the herb, not pull the herb smoke through the balls.

Would have to get a way for the herb to be on top and still attach a whip or glass to it, and really nicely secure basket screens on both sides and use the megaadapter with screen Just in case.

Leaving the fan on at a high temp gets the steel HOT, adding balls and putting the herb on top could be worth a try. But really the kit as it is provides a really even extraction all the way through once heat soaked so it may not be worth the squeeze.
What I've done is put the standard basket screen packed with herb directly on the heater core, under the F/F adapter (stock, DDave, Ebay, whatever you may have) and gotten good results that way. The issue with the XQ2/Extreme has always been that the heat source is too far away from the herb, not that it doesn't get hot enough.

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Omega with Ti pinner mouthpiece

Update on dialing in the omega kit, Constantly handling glass got kind of old so I was thinking of possible mouthpieces. Looking at the trww Pinners gave me some inspiration to try shoving an old titanium concentrate taster through the rubber fat mouthpiece tip and sure enough it works!

Last edited:
SmokeyDope,
Reactions: Rodney

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Its been awhile since dug out the big conesseur bowl so was playing around wth it. After getting tired of the whip I had an idea. First I shoved a elbow basket into a 18mm mouthpiece.

IMG-20240629-182012-HDR.jpg

Then at the end of the mouthpiece was put a pinner.

IMG-20240629-182802-HDR.jpg

IMG-20240629-182826-HDR.jpg

This thing is cool!!! Really nice piece that delivers potent sips. Packing he elbow screen works well. I can pull out the pinner and insert a balloon if desired. Overall really happy with this make shift direct draw device for the bigger bowl chambers.
IMG-20240629-181838-HDR.jpg

Top Bottom