The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

vape4life

Banned for life
You are the first (at least in this community), but aren't you happy you bought an Arizer product and now will have the best customer service ever? :)

ganjaia said:
Hi Guys. I bought my Extreme Q from thevaporman.com a couple weeks ago. It was one of the best purchases I made until just now. Not sure what happened to it. It was working fine yesterday. I went to turn it on and the screen flashes for a sec when I hit the power button (on the unit or on the remote) and then nothing. The green light on the AC adapter is pulsing, but I'm not sure if it's been doing that all along.

I love vapeing and dread the thought of inhaling smoke again. Has this happened to anyone else with their Extreme Q?

vape4life,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
unplug it from the wall first and then plug it back in. If that doesn't work, email Arizer.

stickstones,

ganjaia

I am much more at ease today. Customer service from Arizer and the retailer I bought it from has been excellent. After further investigation it looks like the problem was with the surge protector I had it plugged into. I noticed the outlet on the surge protector that my laptop was plugged into (next to the one the Q was plugged into) had a bit of green gunk, kind of like battery acid, built up around the laptop's plug. However, the laptop and all other devices plugged into the surge protector work fine. I also noticed the green stuff smelled like urine. I think my cat sprayed it. That might also explain why she was sitting under my desk (which is only like 1.5ft. off the floor) staring at the surge protector.
Seriously cat, WTF? :rolleyes:
I think the quality power adapter took the hit and saved the Q's life. At least that's what I'm hoping. The guy I bought it from is shipping me a new power adapter. BTW Arizer also offered to ship me a new power adapter.

Also, thanks to the FC community for providing such a great wealth of information! These are my first couple posts but I used the FC forums to research before purchasing the Q. Definitely grateful you guys are here.

ganjaia,

smoke1985

I picked up my extreme Q about 2 weeks ago and I am falling in love. Then my lurking on this site brings me to a thread where people are hitting the bong!

So help me out, what would you do if you had $100-200 to spend towards the Q?

smoke1985,

vape4life

Banned for life
What exactly are you asking? You want a bong for your Q and have 100-200$ to spend on it?

smoke1985 said:
I picked up my extreme Q about 2 weeks ago and I am falling in love. Then my lurking on this site brings me to a thread where people are hitting the bong!

vape4life,

smoke1985

Sorry, I guess what I was looking for was something similar to that. I have been looking around this site and a saw some killer setups. Obviously a couple hundred wont make a killer setup but a setup still.

I guess the biggest question is where can i find adapters to connect the vape to the bong.

vape4life said:
What exactly are you asking? You want a bong for your Q and have 100-200$ to spend on it?

smoke1985 said:

smoke1985,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
smoke1985 said:
I guess the biggest question is where can i find adapters to connect the vape to the bong.
You already have everything you need. Take your whip and remove the mouthpiece and replace it with the elbow from the bag filling mini whip. Just get a bong with an 18mm joint and your extreme elbow will fit right in.

otherwise look here:

Glass on Glass Water Adapter from http://www.silversurfervap.com/Other_Parts.htm

H20 Adapter-Ground Glass from http://www.vaporbrothers.com/pages/products/specialty.html

DeepFried,

smoke1985

Yup i was over looking it, thanks for the info. Do people get vape clouds with the extreme q? I am still experimenting, mostly with bags. I generally only pack half the elbow and have tried as low as 165 and high as 205 for the first bag. Yes I get vape at 165 but you cannot see it that well in the bag but I can feel it going in and I can see it if i exhale quickly.

Will the same happen if I connect a bong to the extreme? use some more bud perhaps? I have been stretching this bag as long as I can but plan to use more after i make a pickup.

Sorry for all the questions. I am new to the vape world! and I love it!

DeepFried said:
smoke1985 said:
You already have everything you need. Take your whip and remove the mouthpiece and replace it with the elbow from the bag filling mini whip. Just get a bong with an 18mm joint and your extreme elbow will fit right in.

otherwise look here:

Glass on Glass Water Adapter from http://www.silversurfervap.com/Other_Parts.htm

H20 Adapter-Ground Glass from http://www.vaporbrothers.com/pages/products/specialty.html

smoke1985,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
yes I get very nice clouds from my extreme. both from the bag and whip

I find that the elbow pack method is better suited to the whip. I don't think it is enough weed for a very thick bag. especially a 1/2 elbow

how I brew a bag:
1. lightly pack down weed about half way up to the black grip on the cyclone bowl.
2. place cyclone bowl on vape, attach balloon. wait a minute or 2
3. start to fill on fan speed 1 for a few seconds then up to speed 3 til full. you should be able to see vapor pouring in
4. enjoy.
5. stir weed and repeat

this is at 190-95C with the Q

Persona Non Grata,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Probably with some experience you will move away from using bags and just use the whip with a water tool. Yes the Extreme will fill your bong with vapor, don't be afraid to raise the temps. I pre heat my cyclone bowl at 260c for 15 minutes then put the elbow on for a few minutes like 3 or so, then turn it down to 225-235c and start hitting it. You will get more vapor than you can handle.

DeepFried,

LOCKSTOCK93

DeepFried said:
Probably with some experience you will move away from using bags and just use the whip with a water tool. Yes the Extreme will fill your bong with vapor, don't be afraid to raise the temps. I pre heat my cyclone bowl at 260c for 15 minutes then put the elbow on for a few minutes like 3 or so, then turn it down to 225-235c and start hitting it. You will get more vapor than you can handle.
Yeah, at those temperatures, i'd say you'd see a lot of vapor and maybe a little smoke.

I was wondering why you said he'd probably settle on the whip with the water attachment, but at those temperatures, i can understand there being a little heat/burnt popcorn taste to get rid of.

I like the whip at 410/420 and the bag at 420, both for elbow packs and for bowls. But that's just something i've been doing most of the time, but i like the persona non-grata method and i'll try that out.

Good vaping, good luck with the Extreme-qs

LOCKSTOCK93,

Grassachusetts

Ok so I just wrote 2 paragraphs but I'll try again...

Just got my new Extreme Q FINALLLLLY (took like 2 months, ordered through LD, then got money back from paypal, then legitimate store) and this is my first post ever on here, but have read many helpful posts in the past.

Anyway, vape is great, couple of non-temp concerns/questions

so using the whip, let it heat up but not long at a low temp. How long do you leave it on before hitting it?
Also, it seems that every hit or fan hit i took (especially at first, then it got a little better) all the bud would stick/move to the outside perimeter, sticking to the glass outside, NOT falling down into the middle of the screen (taking a hit would cause this I guess), adn then i would gently tap the glass or use the glass stirrer. Is this normal? SHould I have loaded with more herb?

Also, my 3 ft whip screen was getting clogged kinda often, again moreso at first, but I did use a grinder, so should it be even finer, or does this happen to everyone. I guess what Im trying to say is, how often does yours clog or fill up with debri.

at first it also waasnt brownin it, but then i got the temps down and was left with vaped bud (and saving it to cook!!!)

Love the vape, no regrets, gonna try a bag tonight or tomorrow. OH and it seems the pic in the manual shows a silver front (wher the buttons are on the unit) plate, but mine is black. I am pretty sureI have the Q, but thought i'd ask.

Grassachusetts,

hereatlast

Hope your enjoying your new toy!

In terms of a warm-up time I think you'll get a mix of answers. If your using the cyclone bowl, I'd say 5 minutes on the lower end and more than 15 minutes being overkill IMO. Also, I used to do what someone above mentioned and crank the Extreme to 250 or 260 to warm up and turn it back down to begin hitting.

As for the cyclone-bowl use...there's pictures somewhere of what the Cyclone Bowl is supposed to do. Theoretically as you pull you mix the herb up but I definitely used to get bud sticking to the sides like that, stirring is the best solution at that point.

For the debris, have you put the dome-shaped screen into the elbow? That screen stops the bud and any debris from getting into the tube, you will get vapor condensation (wand-hash some call it) but that takes a while to build up and doesn't seem to be what you mean by debris...

The dome shaped-screen is also a really convenient way of hitting the whip. Pack the elbow up (fill the dome shaped screen with bud so it doesn't fall down into the cyclone) and enjoy :brow:

Grassachusetts said:
Ok so I just wrote 2 paragraphs but I'll try again...
so using the whip, let it heat up but not long at a low temp. How long do you leave it on before hitting it?
Also, it seems that every hit or fan hit i took (especially at first, then it got a little better) all the bud would stick/move to the outside perimeter, sticking to the glass outside, NOT falling down into the middle of the screen (taking a hit would cause this I guess), adn then i would gently tap the glass or use the glass stirrer. Is this normal? SHould I have loaded with more herb?

Also, my 3 ft whip screen was getting clogged kinda often, again moreso at first, but I did use a grinder, so should it be even finer, or does this happen to everyone. I guess what Im trying to say is, how often does yours clog or fill up with debri.

hereatlast,

Kronic808

Do we FC members get a discount from either distributer or is it just vapeworld I think? That would be nice we're talking about a $300 vape.

Also, isn't it an advantage to get it str8 through arizer as opposed to a redistributer? I know some distributers are shady enough to redistribute semi-working models to make more profit. Is gotvape and vapeworld reliable enough with respect to customer service and quality of the device sold?

Please let me know, if I should just order from Arizer or from a credible AUTHORIZED redistributer. I dont want my warrenty to be invalid from arizer by buying from a nonauthorized seller.

I appreciate it.....

Kronic808,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
vape world is on the RECOMMENDED RESELLERS list so i would say its a safe bet. that and the fact that i can say personally that they are the best site i have dealt with for vapes and vape parts. cant beat free shipping either. :2c:

illadelph,

Grassachusetts

Kronic808 said:
Do we FC members get a discount from either distributer or is it just vapeworld I think? That would be nice we're talking about a $300 vape.

Also, isn't it an advantage to get it str8 through arizer as opposed to a redistributer? I know some distributers are shady enough to redistribute semi-working models to make more profit. Is gotvape and vapeworld reliable enough with respect to customer service and quality of the device sold?

Please let me know, if I should just order from Arizer or from a credible AUTHORIZED redistributer. I dont want my warrenty to be invalid from arizer by buying from a nonauthorized seller.

I appreciate it.....
I got mine through VapeWorld, came pretty fast, got the free stuff with it and a discount/credit.
Rockwise also seems to have great service. Just do yourself a favor and don't go to other members or ebay, just get it from a company, it's worth the extra $. Love mine.

As a follow up, thanks for the advice, i was confused last night putting the bag on. i used the miniwhip WITH the connected tube and then put the balloon glass inside the tubing. not sure if thats right? I feel pretty dumb as most of it is self-explanatory.

Ive only been packing the cyclone, then putting the elbow/mini whip (with bag or whip). i dont see where to load the elbow. the screen was already placed inside for me when I received it,. so toload the elbow do i go from teh bottom of the elbow joint, sicne the top is covered or do i load from where teh whip comes out?

sorry again if this has been answered. but the good news is last night my little problems became smaller, they seemed to work themselves out. Putting more "herb" in def helped!!!

this thing is gonna SAVE my lungs and my wallet.

Grassachusetts,

tnytxx

ok guys, i'm new to all this, this site, vaporizers, etc. after a lot of research i decided i was going to take the healthier route towards smoking bud, and vaporize instead. the extreme q is the one that met all my needs and i was excited when i got it yesterday. i buy really good bud, it takes me 2 hits max and i'll be up in the clouds for a couple of hours. yesterday was not as awesome. :( i had to load the cyclone bowl with about 5 times the amount i usually have to use, in order for it to be filled halfway and it turned brown fast. i was under the impression, that it was supposed to "pay for itself" and am super disappointed. but i'm not giving up, with your guys help....

***i tried vaping at 160c but nothing was coming out, settled on 200c and finally started to see something come out, but only filled half of the bag, and turned brown quickly... any tips or anything please. PLEASE HELP.
thanks everyone...

tnytxx,

Persona Non Grata

hey tnytxx. try the elbow pack method in the whip. it is the most efficient (and best tasting) way IMO. try 190 or 200C and see if that works for you

as for bags I use the method I posted above. IMO the bags aren't really that efficient, need almost 0.5g for a decent fill. the first bag is good, 2nd one is ok. then you can get a few more increasingly worse tasting bags if you raise the temps and stir, but I find I dump the weed after the 2nd one usually, because I'm crazy like that

Persona Non Grata,

Manatee420

Orderd my Brand new Q off ebay for 220 shipped... blast the weekend!!! i get it monday and i cant wait... i had countless bogs pipes 6 footers and even gass masks, for the past 2 years i have been using a hot box wich i loved... very discreet... i am a professionall and a habitual user.... about a zone a month, but i smoke friiends out consistantly.

my question is, doess leaving the bowl on the vape wile ur not hitting it wase bud?

and how much better is the q than the hot box??

i am very excited

Manatee420,

Persona Non Grata

it doesn't waste the bud but IME some of the aromatic stuff must vaporize after like 10 mins of sitting there, because the hits are noticeably less tasty (but really thick) if I get baked and leave a bowl on for like 10+ minutes.

Persona Non Grata,

the electrician

heres a new one for you whip fiends: why not treat yourself to one of these
geniusur.jpg

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42656166&ref=cat2_gallery_7 , set a little screen in the tube and then insert into a whip. that bowl is gonna be tiny and will best the most efficient vaporiser going. best $20 odd youll spend in a long time

the electrician,
Top Bottom