• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I'm in an unusual and good situation. I get paid this friday and intend to order an Extreme-Q (online, I have not seen them locally in the shops I peruse). Locally, I can get an Extreme for 299 (the same as the online price of the Q); or if I want to save, can get the Extreme online for about $260 Cdn.

It's a question of; a) do I want it now, b) do I want it cheaper, or c) do I want it new. And I want all three; now, new and cheap. But that ain't gonna happen :)

For someone who has just purchased the Extreme, I can see how they would be upset, and I hate to say this, but that is how business works. We all know it, even if we don't like it.

But ya know, I can honestly say that I would be happy with the original Extreme; sure the quieter fan would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker....and the 3 temperature sensors would be nice, but also not a deal breaker.

my thoughts.

Tom

tdavie,

the electrician

Its a long shot but if youre in toronto ive seen the extreme Q going for 280 odd, might be a good option

the electrician,

NoSmoke

tdavie said:
I'm in an unusual and good situation. I get paid this friday and intend to order an Extreme-Q (online, I have not seen them locally in the shops I peruse). Locally, I can get an Extreme for 299 (the same as the online price of the Q); or if I want to save, can get the Extreme online for about $260 Cdn.

It's a question of; a) do I want it now, b) do I want it cheaper, or c) do I want it new. And I want all three; now, new and cheap. But that ain't gonna happen :)

For someone who has just purchased the Extreme, I can see how they would be upset, and I hate to say this, but that is how business works. We all know it, even if we don't like it.

But ya know, I can honestly say that I would be happy with the original Extreme; sure the quieter fan would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker....and the 3 temperature sensors would be nice, but also not a deal breaker.

my thoughts.

Tom
:D They're based in Canada!

NoSmoke,
Anyone know anything about the V-Tower's brother, the Extreme-Q? i am considering buying, but would like to know more from an owner's standpoint...

StickyStank,

ClemsonVapor489

We're still waiting on someone to adopt, I believe.

Many of us have been waiting longer than 9 minutes. :p

ClemsonVapor489,

Rocket J Squirrel

The postman showed up yesterday with a box that should have contained my new Q. Alas, the seller mistakenly sent me an Extreme, and he admits it was his bad.

Back it goes. I must continue to wait for the Q.

Dang.

Rocket J Squirrel,
The Extreme q is an excellent vape! I just got it and i no longer need to turn up my TV to hear it when I'm vaping, like i did with the extreme. Great Vape !

StickyStank,

Mark

John Brown
damn, so I need a new vape already? And that 3 heat sensor design is genious. I have demolished so many heater cover`s it isnt funny, glad that issue is addressed.

(if I didn`t reuse the broken heater covers in my own DIY I might even complain. :cool:)

EDIT: If the Extreme is discontinued, what about the V tower??

Mark,

Mark

John Brown
I can't believe I have to sell off my Extreme already :uhoh: So does this new Extreme Q no longer sport the V-Tower name?

That is a little of that you take off your second product and leave the first version, but I understand the reasons, being it doesn`t have a fan to be replaced, are you going to put the extra support for the glass heater cover in the old versions?

And would you mind showing us the inside? How is the glass heater cover more protected? That is my number one problem with the Extreme. Will you still be able to break the little glass holes with the pin when you pull it to hard? Or is it just shock damage from falls? Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions if you do. :lol:

Mark,

Konrad_Zuse

Rocket J Squirrel said:
It starts to get weird for the manufacturer when customers use something then want to return it because something new has just come out. It's also weird for the customer to buy something, use it once or twice, then learn about the new version, like in your case.

The manufacturer doesn't want to kill sales of existing stock by pre-announcing the new version, unless his dealers were allowed to either discount the old ones to move them, or were allowed to return the unused old ones . . . in which case, what's the mfgr gonna do with them?

But a good designer is never satisfied. He's gonna keep tinkering and improving and sooner or later he'll have something he likes that he wants to introduce to the market.

If it's a significant break with the old design, like, say, a digital controller version while the old one is analog, and they can co-exist due to different price points, then that's not usually a problem. But an improved version that will be replacing an existing model always causes weirdnesses at release time. :peace:
Well I have a 30 day return policy, and it's only been a week. I might just keep it, I'll see what happens. It seems to have the same selling price too, which is good since I could just upgrade it. Now it all depends where and when they sell it.

Konrad_Zuse,

Rocket J Squirrel

Mark said:
I can't believe I have to sell off my Extreme already ...
Has the release of the Q caused Extremes which were perfectly fine before the release to become poorer products?

Rocket J Squirrel,

Konrad_Zuse

Rocket J Squirrel said:
Mark said:
Has the release of the Q caused Extremes which were perfectly fine before the release to become poorer products?
No, it's the fact you can get a better product, from the same company, for about the same price.

Konrad_Zuse,

Rocket J Squirrel

Whether the Q is a better vaporizer or not remains to be seen. It might just be sorta better. If the high's the same, then the other changes might not be important enough to stress over.:cool:

Just think - your Extreme might end up being a classic!

Rocket J Squirrel,

Konrad_Zuse

Rocket J Squirrel said:
Whether the Q is a better vaporizer or not remains to be seen. It might just be sorta better. If the high's the same, then the other changes might not be important enough to stress over.:cool:

Just think - your Extreme might end up being a classic!
True, Idk what I think of my Extreme yet. I keep getting mixed feelings like I am not getting high enough, thus I made a thread in the "ASK FC" to see what temps people like and "How much" bud to put in. So far it seems like it's a good choice, but Idk if I'll ever use the bags, I have tested the bag system 2x, but I find it takes awhile to fill up, and it's not "That great" for me, but Idk how others work, I know the volcano was time efficient too. If it's at a party with other activities it's good, but otherwise Idk. What's your opinion? I will prob keep it, but the SSV sounds really good too. I guess that's what happens when there is "no best." But I think I will use the bag option eventually, it's definitely a good feature.

Konrad_Zuse,

Konrad_Zuse

SmogTown said:
Have you tried packing the elbow on whip hits? That might help.
Yeah, I do that with kief, did that today and yesterday, I was high, but not "blazed out of my mind, even with the kief." I packed it decently into the elbow too. Like 1/4 with kief maybe? Idk what do you think?

Idk I used to do this with my friends during school, now break, I would be like "Yeah I'm not high, then 2 seconds later be like "Yeah I'm high." Maybe I miss smoking, or maybe I'm not using enough. Even though vaping makes you "higher" does it make you higher using .2g in a vape then like 1.0 g in a bong?

I'm on a mission to figure this out, since I'm new to vaping/smoking in general.

Konrad_Zuse,

Rocket J Squirrel

Vaping ain't smoking, that's for sure. You might be missing the cannabinoids that you inhale when combusting. It's a much higher temperature, and there is all kinda crap that gets into your lungs.

Play with the temp control, do some fresh kief or bud at 200C and see what that feels like. Do some at 250 or 260 and see what that feels like.

Using a vaporizer is like learning how to use an espresso machine. It requires some dinking around. And you just might find out that what you really like is coffee from a Mr. Coffee. :2c:

Rocket J Squirrel,

Konrad_Zuse

Rocket J Squirrel said:
Vaping ain't smoking, that's for sure. You might be missing the cannabinoids that you inhale when combusting. It's a much higher temperature, and there is all kinda crap that gets into your lungs.

Play with the temp control, do some fresh kief or bud at 200C and see what that feels like. Do some at 250 or 260 and see what that feels like.

Using a vaporizer is like learning how to use an espresso machine. It requires some dinking around. And you just might find out that what you really like is coffee from a Mr. Coffee. :2c:
That's what I've been trying to figure out, which temp is the best :p. Sorry for spamming the "Q" thread, but if we can move this to http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2033 it would be better there and less spam here :).

I notice differences, like I said before, at lower temps, than higher ones. I feel more energetic at higher, and more "stoned" later. I usually start at 210 for very little, or 180 for a lot. I prob should start lower though.

Konrad_Zuse,

Rocket J Squirrel

That's pretty much the approach I took when I got my first vape (Vapir One, a real clunky unit). I've been reading online forums and articles about vaporizing and the various subjective effects that THC and the other cannabinoids have, and the temps they boil off the herb at. Then trying to see how that relates to my experience.

Note to moderators: I don't have a Q, I have an Extreme, but I should be getting a Q delivered shortly and the two models seem very similar in their operation and construction pretty much, so I figure that this could stay in the Q topic, except that it could pretty much apply to any vaporizer? So you're on your own figuring this one out. :peace:

Rocket J Squirrel,

Mark

John Brown
Rocket J Squirrel said:
Mark said:
No, but I have smashed so many heater covers that I have no choice but to upgrade to save myself money in the future.

Mark,
Top Bottom