The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Kalessin

I also want to share some ideas I have talked with @Ratchett about while back. Basically my thought was it would be really convenient to have an accessory stand right along the base on the eq. This was all before I even knew what the DD mod was. Once I got the mod I realized this is something that could be really useful with all the awesome glass. I took a few quick pictures to give prospective of that options could be made.

sLqzEth.jpg

6HA5ySd.jpg

RbPwRmn.jpg

vhCiOpN.jpg

What you can envision is cylinder of plastic slide over the top or clip together and sit on the base. I thought a space above the plug would be nice to place screens or anything small to be held. I sent @Ratchett very rough drafts of what I was talking about. If anyone is pretty good at drawing and designing maybe send some drafts and share ideas. I worry with all this glass and my clumsiness the unspeakable could happen accidentally.

I want to Thank @DDave for outstanding customer service and mind blowing MOD!!!
I think this would be an awesome idea, I would buy one. I basically made one of these out of the styrofoam that the EQ comes with in the box, but it's only on there when I put it in the box for storage or travel.

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Earlier in this thread I said I'd report back on some lo-dose ABV pudding I made (1.76 ABV to one box of pudding - yield two cereal bowls).
This was made for my Freshman-in-college daughter who had her wisdom teeth removed.

She said," It was just right, helped with the pain but she could still do stuff (i.e. she's on break and has school work to do)." She said, "I could do math but not words." It should be noted due to the pressures of the school year she is what she considers a very light smoker. "Maybe once a week."

She is a much more diligent student than I, FSM bless her.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@Philreal187 Can understand you wanting an arrangement to change bowls out. Looks like you will be able to try the whole kit. Finally got my setup all comfortable, so I can switch with less fumbling. Think about getting a test tube rack or something to keep your glass handy. As for me, I'd be to absent minded to put a hot bowl on the EQ and leave a tell tale ring like some other FCer's. :doh: If I get any ideas other than test tube racks, I'll post it.

Been trying out some 500f 1/2 I.D. silicone hose. Awkward to use as hose on it's own as longer sections. Now I'm using it as an outer hose to my normal 3/8 I.D sized hose. So, I'll have double walled hose. Just remember to run warm water between the two, So one can slide one over the other. If not successful, then have outer segments overlap.The outer hose is more rigid, keeps it's shape less.

Just bought 10 - 19mm wands. (Yes, I'll get around to using them all.) Double walled wand and normal wand below. The straight 19mm adapter slides over the 19mm wand. I no longer use the silicone strip towards the top of the wand. just use the socket end of the outer adapter. Had to mushroom cap and regap all my 18mm wand screens to fit it. But worth it.:brow:
19mm throughput works muck better with that extra wall of insulation. The EQ's strong suit is maintaining a constant heat. So I let the double walled wand get soaked with heat.
before using it. :nod:
3wVVi5K.jpg

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
[U
19mm throughput works muck better with that extra wall of insulation. The EQ's strong suit is maintaining a constant heat. So I let the double walled wand get soaked with heat before using it. :nod:

Fuck yeah buddy :D. That looks fucking sick! The EQ loves a heatsoak even more than a log I reckon. I always found 30 minutes on 260c & fan speed 1 will really get the glass warmed & then it is nothing but no shit big rips.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The EQ & water are a match made in heaven @kellya86 . I have only vaped once at 260c & luckily it was a fat shatter sandwich. Wow it was an experience yet it did not combust the small amount of weed in the sandwich! True single hit extraction that floored me.

After probably the biggest week of my life stress/anxiety wise I want to break out the EQ this weekend & have some quality time together.

CuckFumbustion

Fuck yeah buddy :D. That looks fucking sick! The EQ loves a heatsoak even more than a log I reckon. I always found 30 minutes on 260c & fan speed 1 will really get the glass warmed & then it is nothing but no shit big rips.
230c gets the outside of the second wall toasty. I have a 19mm on the outside of my 'd-stem' that runs even hotter with the normally sized wand screens. But the straight tube is easy to scrape and rub on the top of another wand screen or hemp wick,etc. Then up the wand it goes for another revape. OR push the extracted stuff from the top toward the wand's screen end and revape it that way..:nod:

What's next? Double walled hose with glass adapters on each end. One curved and one short. Going for the best arc of hose betwen the glass warhammer. AKA the "Q" and the EQ. So either double walled wand will sit on top of the "Q" or the EQ, with the special adapter hose in between. Count them y'all, 3 double walled pieces!:rockon:

@Stevenski your a fucking animal mate...

I've never seen 260 on my eq, I can't imagine how hot all your glass is after half hour at 260 on fan 1...untouchable???

I vape at 190, I find 10 min's on 200 at fan 1 is sufficient for my dry vaping needs... I assume you go through water all the time...
Been steady at 200c, 210c if I have a bad pack and/or run the fan towards the end. But that is with my bowl.

Looking into extracting Eucalyptus leaves. Already have some essential oil to get familiar with. I thought most of the sweet syrup taste to those was sugar. Surprisingly it is from the plant.:peace:

CuckFumbustion

The EQ needs the long heat soak to unleash its real power!

@CuckFumbustion I'm really keen to try your double walled wand set up. Any ideas how the extra heat after the herb helps extraction? Does the wand stay cleaner because of less oil condensing on the hot glass?
I tried the wand alone first. So, I can make a comparison. The wand is already 19mm with all the inside volume to compensate for heat-wise. Thicker glass wand but with a wider throat. So when I use it alone, I would get spotty but thick blotches of vapor. Like eating a berry one at a time. Extraction would occur. Just not as fluid. 18mm wands perform a little better due to a slightly smaller volume and restriction. So I could get the more fluid type of extraction. Once I saw the first indication of condensation, I'd take my draw. Like when I would use a cyclone.

More initial preheat time needed, But after that step, the double walled wand keeps the inside wand warm and fills the entire chamber with opaque white gas as soon as I draw. Much like turning on a faucet.:D The vapor is thick to the taste. Sometimes so effectively, that It feels like your tongue was spray painted. :drool:Unlike with just the 19mm wand alone. Having all that heat above the wand screen has made a dramatic enough difference. Plus the EQ is keeping it queued at a constant heat. All this is being achieved at 200c with a 19mm inside wand.

@Nugg I'm going to say the double walled wand gets it about the same or noticeably more dirty or 'amberlike'. But the upside is that it is easy to reclaim. ( Especially with the scraping tool I have.) I do keep a screen at the top to prevent more particles from collecting in the hose more. The double walled wand is a success at heat soaking and for only $5.00 more. Perhaps better than an SSV wand?

I just took a free 'wand' hit by revaping the reclaim already forming in the wand.

Last edited:

little maggie

Quick question. I've been using the Orbiter and it's whips with the EQ. I'd prefer to use my regular bubbler but I'm not sure how to connect it. I have the Ddave kit and my d0-2-w has an 18.8mm male end. I also have a UFO but have yet to use it.
instead but I'm not sure what I need to connect it.

YungLeaner

I believe the MFLB whips use a 14mm connection, so for the UFO you need a "stepdown" converted that would look like a vase, sort of, and let you put a 14mm connector into a 14mm female slot that is connected to an 18mm male joint that will fit into the UFO. For the 18mm male end, you could do what I just described after picking up an 18mm female to female connector, effectively giving it the same connection requirements as the UFO.

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Quick question. I've been using the Orbiter and it's whips with the EQ. I'd prefer to use my regular bubbler but I'm not sure how to connect it. I have the Ddave kit and my d0-2-w has an 18.8mm male end. I also have a UFO but have yet to use it.
instead but I'm not sure what I need to connect it.
If your bubbler has a down stem simply slide the DDave mod hose down its throat until friction holds it in place.
I sometimes wet my hose with spit (that sound dirty but you know what I mean) for a slightly better seal.
DDave recommends dunking the hose in boiling water before doing the same trick.

I've had people ask about this hookup so I may do I video on the subject.

Once I saw the first indication of condensation, I'd take my draw.
Can you tell me a bit more or direct me to a post that explains this phenomenon (condensation as a cue).
Also what is the goal to the double wall wand?
is it to keep the vapor from condensing prematurely (i.e. before it gets to you)?

CuckFumbustion

Can you tell me a bit more or direct me to a post that explains this phenomenon (condensation as a cue).
Also what is the goal to the double wall wand?
is it to keep the vapor from condensing prematurely (i.e. before it gets to you)?
The condensation is a cue I came up with. Came in real handy when using the cyclone bowl as a newbie. Vaporization is literally the conversion of a liquid to a gas.:hmm: So, Once the Cyclone bowl is packed, I would wait for the first indication of water being releases then reforming on the glass (AKA condensation) forming on the inside of the glass. Then I know at that point, most of the materials in the bowl were closer to their sublimation point.

The goal of the Double walled wand? Partially a heuristic experiment. :haw: But mostly about insulation and keeping the inside wand at a constant heat. Any type of draw takes away from the heat of the bowl/pack, if only for a pause. Being able to heat soak the inside wand and have it retain it's heat is more efficient, and allows for more constancy. Hence more thorough extractions. Pure, in my case, being fully uninterrupted gaseous vapor from screen pack to the water piece. All the advantages of using a wand is amplified. The 'chimney' stack effect. Lack of pinching (another goal of mine. BTW) , and mostly having heat above the pack being the biggest impact. Having heat above and then heat transferring into the wand screen, means less warm up time needed. :nod: And less heat loss when changing out the wand screens. But it is like pulling out a hot rivet, even with my EQ being at 200c.

KIM, I was also using a 19mm wand. Had to refashion my wand screens to get them to fit. So that double insulation compensated for that problem I was having with spotty vapor due to the wider throat of the 19mm wand. The Double walled glass saved me again! :rockon:

I have mentioned the comparison I've experienced with and without the outer wall in an earlier post. The EQ is geared toward keeping a bowl at a particular heat according to it's sensors. So, I essentially tell My EQ to keep my 2lbs of glass at constant 200c. EQ strong suit is doing just that, as opposed to say focusing on quick ramp up ties. So I build on that principle.

Next goal is a double walled adapter hose. A well sealed system is another avenue towards vapor bliss. If I can hear sound of the water piece echo through the EQ itself, Then I have succeeded on that effort. :peace:
450px-Phase_change_-_en.svg.png

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Been 11+ hours since my last post. BTW. ;)
I sometimes wet my hose with spit (that sound dirty but you know what I mean) for a slightly better seal.
DDave recommends dunking the hose in boiling water before doing the same trick.

I've had people ask about this hookup so I may do I video on the subject.
That be great! I am just starting to use water to make special seals. Did notice some of your whip mods in the video too. Any video regarding attachments and adapters would be informative. Thanks for the last post. BTW.:clap:Re-watched the first video. Did notice the 'straw draw' pack method you used for filling your elbow/wand screens. :nod: I use a spare wand for mostly just that. Glad you passed that on with the whip. SCS is a fool proof shredder too. Another good recommend for first time vaporists. Shreds those stems to bits! (I do enjoy my Haze for looser shred profiles.)

Always was apprehensive to use water with hose before. But with this other project, it might be the only answer. The real trick is when I plan on placing one hose inside of another hose under a hot faucet of water. (Kind of telescoping one inside the other.) It might come to me having to cut the outer hose in 3 segments and have them overlap the inner hose. Some use water and soap. But I'll stick to water.

I do want the hose to arc on it's own. So I will again borrow from architecture and make a u bend so my "Q" can sit side by side next to my EQ. :haw: There will be full glass adapters hooked on each end for easy plug and play. Already have a similar thing going with my current setup. Just need 2 types of hose to arrive.

Now why a double walled hose? Less kinking. With some stretching and select cuts of the outer hose, I can get a well behaved hose that kind of keeps it's intended form.
A good thing when using a vape that works better sitting on a desktop. That way all I'm messing with is changing out the wand screens and the EQ and "Q' remain stable. More goof proof.

I do think out the ritual of grinding and packing, filling wand screens ahead of time, preheat and setup of the EQ. How to use less steps, less fumbling and room for error.
For instance, It helped know how to mushroom cap wand screens to fit generic 18mm wands or worn screens can just become loosy goosy over time. When I realized that I did indeed purchase true 19mm wands, I simply took my special 'regapping' tool and started forming mushroom caps on side walls. Viola! Makeshift 19mm screen.

DD update -Changed out the long stretch of glass on the glass warhammer and replaced it with one of my 19mm wands. So I can run vapor through my "Q" water tool and fill a bag or change out mouth pieces to my liking. Since it is socket side pointing out.:rockon:Pulled out a ton of the wet brown stuff when recleaning. Does it have it's own name?

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: Nugg

CuckFumbustion

DD update -Changed out the long stretch of glass on the glass warhammer and replaced it with one of my 19mm wands. So I can run vapor through my "Q" water tool and fill a bag or change out mouth pieces to my liking. Since it is socket side pointing out.:rockon:Pulled out a ton of the wet brown stuff when recleaning. Does it have it's own name?

Wet brown stuff?
Isn't that called "Santorum"?
:shit:Sorry, I meant the wet brown stuff from the water piece. (I should proofread more. :haw:) Is it reclaim? It sure is sticky. There has to be a more appealing name than that, I'd like to hope anyway. A better name for the reclaim that is. Rick and his 'brown stuff' issues is something he will need to sort out. But I digress......

Double walled hose update - Had to teach myself more on the tube telescoped within in a tube trick. Ran warm water under a faucet as one method. The sink full of water being the other. After switching between the two methods and a few others I figuring out how to get it more than 4 inches of one inside the other, I determined the 3 segments was the method. Then have them overlay like knuckles at key points and form an arch. A semi parabolic arch when it sits in the "Q" and EQ and has support at the base of the arc. Just like in architecture.

I slid the first piece in as far as it would allow and well.... :hmm:Y'know what, I'll go take some pictures and post them later post instead. LSS I have a well behaved, kink-and collapse free adapter hose with 18mm glass adapters on each end. Because of the way I cut the segments of the more rigid outer hose and have the segments overlap in a particular fashion, it forms an arc by brute tension.

In it's own rest state, just casually setting on my desk, It is already is formed into an thick sturdy :nod:arc. Hello again vapebags.

Changed out the mouth peice of the warhammer with one of my 19mm wands. Now I can switch out the mouth peices and clean all the 'ahem' wet brown stuff. FROM THE GLASS WAND! OK so we are all as clear as borosilicate here.:D I wouldn't recommending a google search on Santorum. BTW.:doh: Either way you end up with the search results, you will have a bad time.:peace: Safe Search won't even make it safe.
rabr_blwh.jpg
images

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: Nugg

lazylathe

Almost there...
Busted my EQ out of the box again!
Using the DDave adapter and the original elbow and EQ basket with whip as my set up.
Heat to 200C and wait till DDave adapter is hot to the touch.
Drop a pinch (0.05g) of material into the DDave adapter, place elbow with EQ basket in end into the DDAve adapter.
Allow to heat soak for a while and then gently pull.
Nice clouds and taste!
ABV came out perfectly brown from top to bottom!

Will try lower temps till my ABV comes out that golden yellow color.
I am really enjoying re-discovering some of my older vapes!

ryanlaghost

Hey guys!!! how do i know what version of the extreme q i have? I don't know where to look for signs of its generation!

ryanlaghost,

CuckFumbustion

Hey guys!!! how do i know what version of the extreme q i have? I don't know where to look for signs of its generation!
There needs to be a comprehensive post here somewhere. But there are several posts on the subject. Remember a few posts in this thread not to far back mentioning the temp range that the digital display will allow as a factor.
Say @ryanlaghost is that brown stuff in your avatar reclaim from a water pipe? I've been asking that question about 2 or 3 posts back.

CuckFumbustion,

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion Looks like you've been very busy in the lab.

Anything that condense after the herb and before the water I call reclaim. Anything after it touches water I call vape poo.

I bin the poo and keep the claim.
Yes indeedy, @Nugg And quite a few things managed to fall into place too. I'll take a pause and make a short list of what the Lab has been up too.

1. Mushroomed capped some wand screens so I can use the (10) 19mm wands I bought. Mushroomed the side walls so they stick out further then the metal ring. So the sides of the screen keep it inside the wand without slipping out. A good thing to know if you elbow pack with the standard elbow screens. Even the well behaved @DDave screens need to be regapped over time.

2. Made two double walled wands. The EQ likes to preheat them both. This one got everybody's attention. Since this design takes advantage of heat soaking. Everybody can benefit regardless of their personal heat reference.

All good EQer's heat soak their glass and power soak their EQ. That is my new EQ motto. Let's all make that a phrase here. Agreed? :nod:

3. Designed a double walled adapter hose that arches naturally and is compatible with all my setups with all their height adjustments. Kink and collapse free. Actually it is quite rugged. Will post at a later time. This took more work and forethought. But well worth it, if you are tired of getting hose-whipped.

4. Made my claisen adapter function as a carb and with my flowermate with a special adapter piece.

5. Changed the long tube on the Glass Warhammer with one of the 19mm wands. And filled some bags with water filtered vapor. Usually, I have been doing this when I think the pack is mostly kicked. So I squeeze out that last bit of vapor.

Buying the 2 19mm thick adapters and the new-to-me 1/2 in I.D. silicone hose and the claisen adapter upgraded and outclassed my old setup. If I get a diffuser type downstem, then I can try anything out.

I did vape the vape poo. It wouldn't stop making vapor for an hour afterward. But I might toss it out in the future or maybe throw it in my dirty ISO jar? Hate to waste anything, but if it is mostly the bad separated from the good. Then to the bin it goes.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
All good EQer's heat soak their glass and power soak their EQ. That is my new EQ motto. Let's all make that a phrase here. Agreed? :nod:

I believe this is the single most important part of getting satisfaction out of a EQ, regardless of setup & temperature. If anything lower temps appreciate a good soak as you need as much heat as you can get applied to making vapour.

Made my claisen adapter function as a carb and with my flowermate with a special adapter piece.

They work so well. I have a 14mm one with a plug I use as a carb. Then again I could also pair my EQ with my UD or Air if I felt so inclined :brow:.

Top Bottom