The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

scorpioeq

Well check my sig for the @DDave mod. He sells kits on ebay that are well sourced bowls screens and wands. If you want a short quick solution. He is a regular on this thread and FC and can help you. Otherwise get to know the EQ and any other vaporizer, like a lot of us have.

I and others have posted some ideas and mods and things on this forum. So you are in the right place.:tup: So are you running the fan to fill a bag or as a sort of test for accuracy with the unit? Are you using standard, I presume?

Thanks. Edited the last post with a video.

I do have the DDave mod short adapter. It brings the herb closer to the heat source and causes the bowl temps to be even higher than the stock EQ bowl (but this is to be expected).

As for the fan, I'm using it on F1 speed, to fill bags AND test the bowl temps for accuracy (but not at the same time). With my test, I remove the bag from the mouthpiece and then fish the probe down through the mouthpiece, through the all-glass mini whip and into the bowl just above the screen. This is done with ABV in the bowl to get the scenario as realistic as possible. At that point, I set the temp on the unit and then flip on the fan to see what the bowl temp is doing.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
As for the fan, I'm using it to fill bags and test the bowl temps (but not at the same time). With my test, I remove the bag from the mouthpiece and then fish the probe down through bagless mouthpiece, through the all-glass mini whip and into the bowl just above the screen. This is done with ABV in the bowl to get the scenario as realistic as possible.
Trying to get with your testing method. If the probe is touching the screen, it will presumably be touching the hottest point of the unit. So when the EQ regulates itself, it goes up to, but does not necessarily sustain that highest temp. Just within the period of running the fan, it hits that temp enough times for the screen to absorb the heat. But, keep in mind that you want the air to keep your desired temp not the screen. Or prefably your herbs to get a constant sustained temp. OR even more accurately, you want the extraction to be at a desired temp. More on the subject than what the talking tree puppet has to say.:haw: Whole threads and discussions here on FC that you would find interesting if you wish to delve deeper.

Familiar with the chart in the video and posted and refereed to it more than a few times myself. Why 1m at 200C with my double glass wand seems to be a good constant for me. Plus I keep my EQ plugged in 24/7 and always on and preheating the bowl while I'm home. Anything to bring that 200C at such as constant that I need to dial it back 5 degrees in certain conditions.

Just throwing out some ideas. Since you are aiming to calibrate your EQ. It involves a little note taking and making comparisons. :science:Try doing a cold run using your extra sensor and with an empty bowl with no fan on. Set a constant temp like say my 200C. Do a temp reading and check it again in 5m and in 10m. Then look at the digital readout on the EQ. Subtract one figure from the other. That might be one way to calibrate it initially. Then calculate the outside of the bowl in the same manner. Then the outside of the bowl with the fan and an empty bowl. Then fan on with a full bowl. Now you know how well your bowl absorbs heat a little better.

Last edited:

hoptimum

If you are familiar with cannabanoids, you know that different ones are released at different temps. Choosing the right bowl temps is critical to getting only the cannabanoids you want. If you cannot accurately control the bowl temp, you cannot accurately control which cannabanoids are released.

I am, as it happens, familiar with cannabinoids, as I suspect everyone in this forum is. Cannabinoids all have different boiling points when they become active and available to your body. But if you believe you can isolate cannabinoids based on their boiling points to "accurately control which cannabinoids are released," you might be disppointed. There's a lot of overlap in the entourage effects of vaporizing cannabis, so instead of different cannabinoids at different temps, your lungs and bloodstream absorb combinations of various levels of cannabinoids throughout the vaporizer temperature spectrum.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
So I wouldn't call the EQ unreliable at all. For the price point I think Arizer has made a very reliable convection desktop and that's why it's still selling well after all these years. :2c:

Ding ding ding ding we have a winner. The EQ is bulletproof & mine has taken several knocks & falls over it's life without complaining. The only scar it has is from a hot cyclone bowl leaving a ring on the plastic edge of the machines base.

If you are familiar with cannabanoids, you know that different ones are released at different temps. Choosing the right bowl temps is critical to getting only the cannabanoids you want. If you cannot accurately control the bowl temp, you cannot accurately control which cannabanoids are released.

I certainly am aware but my problem is all fucks given are on backorder with an unknown arrival date. I only care about even extraction & keep my EQ at 230c. I understand your predicament but the EQ is not some wonder machine. It is an extremely cheap, reliable desktop vape of an older design. To get a really accurate vape temp I think you would need to find a higher end digital vape like the Aromed or MiniVap & I believe even those are "inaccurate". Without

Also, when the bowl runs super hot as I've had it do frequently, the vapor takes on a heavier, smokier quality. Imo the whole point of having a vape is to avoid this altogether by producing light, potent, flavorful vapor. Having high bowl temps defeats all of that.

This is probably where we differ most ;). I require the densest heaviest vapour I can generate. I understand why some people prefer lower temp vaping & I have even been known to participate in it on occasion. That said my preference is to get as close to combustion I can but we all have different requirements with vaping.

@CuckFumbustion you truly are our resident mad hatter when it comes to the EQ. A double walled wand? You mean like a coffee cup so it retains most of the heat internally? If so I am intrigues indeed.

414Z5oEjW5L._SY300_.jpg

@Cuthbert J Twillie that is a great video highlighting the power & versatility of the EQ modular vaporization system v4.0. Clearly a well loves & often used set up judging by your elbows & whips :D

CuckFumbustion

@CuckFumbustion you truly are our resident mad hatter when it comes to the EQ. A double walled wand? You mean like a coffee cup so it retains most of the heat internally? If so I am intrigues indeed.
A doubled walled wand like a coffee press was how I imagined it. Check it out. But yes like your cup. It would keep the inside wand closer to the bowl's temp. Plus it would retain more heat in between wand packs. I already have a 19mm enclosure over my 'd-wand', with some hemp wick wrapped around the slits. A tube within a tube should resemble the image of the coffee press below.

I do get dense vapor at 200c @Stevenski. With the right draw strength, My claisen adapter and glass warhammer turn pure white and full like an old florescent light bulb. I have a led light that shies directly above the adapter and use it as a vapor bulb. :haw: Keep in mind, this is with well insulated, well tuned 19mm pathway with very little restriction and with a short narrow F/F. With other setup considerations and tweaks.:nod: Plus my water tool is a scientific piece of glass designed for vacuum extraction. Starting to get the picture?
s-l140.jpg
s-l140.jpg
Spare%2BGlass%2B8%2BCup%2BDouble%2BWall%2BFrench%2BPress%2BReplacement%2BBeaker.jpg

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@scorpioeq , it would be nearly impossible to make a fool proof, exact temp vaporiser, vaping requires a little bit of 'feel' to get good results, arizer cannot compensate for different draw speeds, and other variable factors..

What they have done is provide is with a scale..use a little bit of common sense with it,

Things like different moisture content in your herb will affect your temps, arizer can't possibly forsee all these differences..

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

One thing I've noticed by adding a bubbler to my EQ is that I can generate some milky clouds without the harshness that would ensue off a straight whip hit being taken that hard. Note the opening sequence:
Thanks for the EQ video without the Rap music opening. :D And your purpose of reaching out to the uninformed older vapor audience.
Here's a tip, Attach that 'up-to' wand to the EQ and to your water piece. You will have less restriction between the two. Looks like you have a few mods in the vid too.
I am, as it happens, familiar with cannabinoids, as I suspect everyone in this forum is. Cannabinoids all have different boiling points when they become active and available to your body. But if you believe you can isolate cannabinoids based on their boiling points to "accurately control which cannabinoids are released," you might be disppointed. There's a lot of overlap in the entourage effects of vaporizing cannabis, so instead of different cannabinoids at different temps, your lungs and bloodstream absorb combinations of various levels of cannabinoids throughout the vaporizer temperature spectrum.
At best, you can aim for a range and hone in on that. The color of the ABV is another indicator to measure the level of extraction going on.

If the materials are extracting well enough, you should have a consistent tan, mocha, dark mocha or dark roast depending on materials. Light tan being the lowest even consistent extraction possible.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
At best, you can aim for a range and hone in on that. The color of the ABV is another indicator to measure the level of extraction going on.

If the materials are extracting well enough, you should have a consistent tan, mocha, dark mocha or dark roast depending on materials. Light tan being the lowest even consistent extraction possible.

This. Even when I would use my modded unit at 230c I would get no more than a black bottom crust & dark brown ABV & that is a shade or so darker than my Air GonG on red. If anything the crust is worse from the Air.

I aim for consistent extraction & I have found the EQ to be a predictable linear unit in the way it can be adjusted for what effects you desire.

I can state with hand on heart that my EQ properly warmed up with the DDave wand almost too hot to touch the EQ becomes a entirely different level of destruction. Bung it on 240c with a fat pancake of shatter & destroy your day :lol:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
...trying to achieve accuracy with any vape is desirable if you are trying to release only certain compounds at certain constant temps.

This is misleading. You can't release "only certain compounds". You can bias the combination of compounds released to make the ones you want more prevalent, but all compounds are released to some degree. The process is explained and discussed in Vaporization temperature dependent selection of effects. Because of this, accuracy isn't important but consistency is.

throwawaytre3s

Ordered some straight 18mm thick wands and a 19mm enclosure adapter for the EQ. SO I will have another double glass walled wand. But it will be entirely double walled like say a double walled french press. :science:Plan on using different wands for different extractions and other options. :peace:

Could you throw up some pics? I'd love to see that in action.

CuckFumbustion

This is misleading. You can't release "only certain compounds". You can bias the combination of compounds released to make the ones you want more prevalent, but all compounds are released to some degree. The process is explained and discussed in Vaporization temperature dependent selection of effects. Because of this, accuracy isn't important but consistency is.
Not trying to mislead, conflate or exaggerate this phenom. Like I mentioned earlier, their is a wealth of information for anybody who wants to delve deeper in the subject. Just don't take the chart at face value and fully representative of subject matter. Which is what I'm putting out there. :2c:Just as a preference, I do avoid the higher end temp range which seem to take away from the effects for me. I never seemed to get more out of going above 210c except more scorched materials. But then again, my setup is all about constituency and heat absorption. I can taste a difference between using 200c and 205c., 185c and 195C. 200c seems to cover the right range of effects and least amount of scorching and allow for longer timed extractions for my setup. No rushing to finish the materials before the EQ leaves it's burn mark on the center of my pack.

LSS, You can avoid the higher range of effects, But not isolate a particular compound like @scorpioeq was suggesting. Consistency and constancy is the aim for a more accurate extraction. Which I have reiterated again. Hope this helps.

@throwawaytre3s waiting on USPS for my wands to arrive. The pic of the wand and 19mm adapter is what I am getting. Imagine the 19mm slid over the wand in the pic.
That is to be my double walled wand.

CuckFumbustion

Sorry @throwawaytre3s, I 'upgraded' to WIN 10 on my machine, then found out it is incompatible with my Camera and SSD card.:doh: So the pics are on hold.
DD update - The straight wands I got are true 19mm. So I had to mushroom cap my wand screens to get them to stay in the adapter end. I have another screen on top of the wand for collecting the larger particles.

The double walled wand is completed. I cut two silicone rings and placed them over the 19mm wand. One near the adapter end and one flush with the very top of the wand. Slid carefully and worked the thick walled adapter over the 19mm wand. Preheat the completed double walled wand until the outside feels warm and back in business. :rockon:

I have another idea for a wand involving capillary glass. (narrow long) :science:

Because the EQ is designed to work stationary, and with my heavy wand setup in the mix, I can turn the wand inside the bowl without catching it on the inside of the bowl or twisting the adapter and hose above it. Just turn the wand a little as it sits in the EQ. So I change where the hot spot is being placed a little. :nod: Usually I give the wand a 1/4 turn before drawing as a routine.:peace:

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Instead of relying on the thermometer on your EQ, use your head (no I'm not cocking off). As stated earlier the shown temp on the EQ is the temp of the heating element. Sure the bowl temp is going to vary and the herb temp will vary as well based on how close the herb is to the heating element (i.e. closer proximity with the DDave mod). What you have to determine with your head is: The correlation between the shown temp on your unit and the (psychoactive) results you like, and that will probably change with one strain to the next. The notion that a certain temp will yield certain results is filled with holes and variables. You are trying to turn an art into a science . . .

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

The notion that a certain temp will yield certain results is filled with holes and variables. You are trying to turn an art into a science . . .
Well said. Then there is the whole thing of familiarity. :worms:That is why it is better to read into the subject of the range of effects further. It is a wide (and fascinating) subject. Then get familiar as to how different vaporizers achieve that aim. (I borrow from their designs.:brow:) Because, after all, you are aiming for a 'head' result as @Cuthbert J Twillie explained.:2c:

I do however, use 200c as a constant and with using the same materials, I can get a range of results while just trying out different glass setups. Some holes, Some variables, or other curious results occur.:hmm: So don't get me wrong. I am using the 200c as a constant. But to calibrate with what works and what doesn't. That was how I discovered my 'd-wand'. Through trial and error. A lot of error at the beginning BTW. :haw: Creativity being the art. Or sumpthin'.

Like when I thought I had the answer with the 19mm duel wand setup.:shrug: Too much throat to get a steady vapor going. :bang:Had to run at 208c to get the '200c' type vapor I'm accustomed to with other setups. (My normal DD setup runs nearly rock-steady at 200c) Being one example of a bowl/wand setup that presumably takes away from a well heated EQ running at a constant 200c. Can't blame the EQ, when it has proven itself enough with my DD bowl and wand setup.

I tried something else that worked better.:science: Once I'm capable of describing it better. I 'll post. Think of the 19mm tall adapter heating up in the EQ like a bowl would.:nod: And I haven't entirely abandoned my wand in a wand ideas. SOoooo, I'll report on that later.:peace:

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
I'm more pragmatic than research oriented in my daily driving.
Until I switched to the DD mod I ran constantly at 215c, since I got the DD mod and moved the herb closer to the heating element I shaved off 15c and now run at 200.

I haven't messed with it much because it works well, but I'm open to new ideas.

Now I have to go whip up some ABV pudding for my college age daughter who is getting her wisdom teeth yanked today ~ Skol

Justpassedu

1.76 G into one box of pudding mix. I grind my ABV extremely fine in a coffee grinder. Since it's ABV heating or oil are not required to make the ABV effective.
I would up the dose , that is going to be some weak pudding. Abv does not have as much potency as fresh of course but I am sure you know that , on the plus it is decarbed already but using less than 2g's for a whole box of pudding most likely wont have much effect. I made a batch of brownies a few weeks ago with about 1oz of abv and they were not super strong and my abv was not to wasted. I had to eat a whole brownie to start feeling something. Also keep in mind putting the herb in there can sometimes be harsh on the stomach.

Philreal187

I was looking forward to receiving the DD mod after reading all the positive feed back. With all the glass I was a bit over whelmed with where to start so I just started working the screens in to place, while the EQ was warming up. I did notice with the screens did not fit the 14 and 18mm whip attachments. After a few days of confusion I went to the DDave instruction paper and read they are actually wta :doh: No wonder it wouldn't hold the screens sent. I did discover that the arizer eq elbow basket screens will stay in the the 18mm wta. Any ways after a testing the DD mod it lived to the hype and I was blown away at how efficient the EQ can be!! Before the mod I would only pull the Eq out if I was entertaining. Now I can look at my Eq as a log vape with digital read out and a built in fan! The preferred method right now is 18mm wand with og DD adapter and the temp starting anywhere from 375 thru 394, bump to mid 400, and finish at 470. Definitely gets a thorough extraction of the herb with an evenly dark brown roast. I want to keep mainly using the eq for at least a full week to keep learning.:science:

The question I do have and really hope has a simple answer is how do I connect the 18mm wand to a water tool??

I tried with zero success the obvious to me of just jam the wand in the whip and the reverse jam the whip in the wand. :shrug:

I also want to share some ideas I have talked with @Ratchett about while back. Basically my thought was it would be really convenient to have an accessory stand right along the base on the eq. This was all before I even knew what the DD mod was. Once I got the mod I realized this is something that could be really useful with all the awesome glass. I took a few quick pictures to give prospective of that options could be made.

sLqzEth.jpg

6HA5ySd.jpg

RbPwRmn.jpg

vhCiOpN.jpg

What you can envision is cylinder of plastic slide over the top or clip together and sit on the base. I thought a space above the plug would be nice to place screens or anything small to be held. I sent @Ratchett very rough drafts of what I was talking about. If anyone is pretty good at drawing and designing maybe send some drafts and share ideas. I worry with all this glass and my clumsiness the unspeakable could happen accidentally.

I want to Thank @DDave for outstanding customer service and mind blowing MOD!!!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the feedback! :rockon: glad you're liking the mod!!!

The question I do have and really hope has a simple answer is how do I connect the 18mm wand to a water tool?

From EQ, wand, whip tube, water tool adapter, then water tool. Your watertool, is it an 18mm ground glass connection?

I want to Thank @DDave for outstanding customer service and mind blowing MOD!!!

Thanks!! :rockon:

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
I would up the dose , that is going to be some weak pudding.

That crossed my mind. But I went ahead with the plan using this logic:
20 G's of my ABV makes ass-rocking brownies, not necessarily for me but for lighter users. Actually I've had people tell me they're too much and they're still buzzed the next day.
1/10 of that is 2 G.

Some variables:
Initial strength of weed
Degree of vaping its been through (mine is light brown)

Since this is the smallest dose/batch I've ever made, I have no confidence in the results, but I'll report back truthfully.

Thanks for the feedback! :rockon: glad you're liking the mod!!!

From EQ, wand, whip tube, water tool adapter, then water tool. Your watertool, is it an 18mm ground glass connection?

Thanks!! :rockon:
My plan was to put the Original EQ elbow into my bubbler's joint to complete to connection from the EQ.
I ran into a problem though because there was an 18mm joint in my bubbler but the stem fit in there and the stem's joint was only 14mm. Fortunately the soft rubber hose of my DD fit snugly into the stem joint. If I moisten the hose the seal is completely air tight. This allows me to do prodigious rips off the EQ and they're very easy on the throat.

Check the opening sequence in this vid (and if you continue you'll find some pleasant footage regarding the DD mod).

Last edited by a moderator:

Philreal187

Not a problem @DDave the hardest part was getting up to leave the feed back the eq has me :whoa: haha

Thanks @Cuthbert J Twillie I did catch that great video!!

I guess I'm having trouble getting the hose inside of the wand and sealed. Or maybe my whip is a different size.. Not sure though

This is what I just got connected...?

V0T9Zbk.jpg

Sorry for the obvious noob questions.. I never did my homework much during school :uhoh:

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Check the opening sequence in this vid (and if you continue you'll find some pleasant footage regarding the DD mod).

@Cuthbert J Twillie
That is awesome! Nice explanation of the mod and the use!!!! Thanks for sharing!

:clap::clap::clap:

Not a problem @DDave the hardest part was getting up to leave the feed back the eq has me :whoa: haha

I guess I'm having trouble getting the hose inside of the wand and sealed.

This is what I just got connected...?

V0T9Zbk.jpg

That's the ticket. Wet the tubing down with some HOT water on the end to be inserted to the wand. Boiling water won't harm the tubing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom