The ethnobotanical thread

try the vapor tea http://vriptech.com/herb.htm Vapour Tea | vapor-specific, phytotherapeutic, organic herbal blends

the tea you breathe...

Designed specifically for vapor delivery (inhalation), Vapour Tea is a new and original concept in organic herbal blends. Oregon Tilth Certified Organic herbs are synergistically combined to provide effective and delicious medicinal teas.

info@vriptech.com

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

alexwallis

Hi thanks for the tea recommendation,
wouh I must say the vriptech site is quite sparing when it comes to detailed information. I also can't believe they want to charge around $500 for one of there vaporizers, especially when they don't exactly describe it well.

Anyway, I am writing about the teas they sell, they certainly look very interesting.
particularly the allure and bliss blends, the zenergy tea just sounds like it might relax you.

The allure tea certainly sounds most interesting, but one of the ingredients listed on the description is sandalwood, what do people think about this? As OK herbs and stuff I can understand and am cool with, but the fact its got wood in it or some derivative makes me a little bit nervous.

Has anyone got experiences of using these teas, or can they confirm that sandalwood is safe.

If you want to read up on there products, when you go to there site its first necessary to click on the online order link, and then you get the option to have a look at there catalogue.

alexwallis,

vapeguy

Is there any place you can see about herbs good specifically for vaporization? The list in this thread is good but many are to be made into a tea, isn't this a vaporization forum?

Could we develop a vaporizer tested list of herbs?

Thanks

vapeguy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vaporizing Other Herbs

I have been enjoying trying various herbs for vaporization for a long time.
i found charts of temperatures at which to vaporize the various herbs. There are not any complete lists of temperatures, but when you try any herb, just start low, and work up.. you learn fast enough.
I decided the other day to get the feel for each of the herbs.
I collected 50 herbs (I imagine there will be more in this collection before this experiment is over)
I will do my very first Vapor hits of the day, before I medicate, with an herb.
I will give each herb I try a few days to see what the effects are.
Photoon2011-05-22at12482.jpg

I will compile the complete findings and post them, once my personal study is done!
The SSV (Silver Surfer) will be used for this entire project.

Vitolo

Vaporist
luchiano said:
You can go to Aromed and see if they have the herb you want to vape....
Good one luchiano! You can google "buy herbs" and get links to a few dozen websites for herbs.
When done, I will give names of my favorites. I will tell also about shipping details
I don't mind sharing my sources at all, and I will! So far my favorite people to deal with, as far as variety, price, available stock (about 1000 herbs available in 1 oz. or large packages), speed of delivery (24 hours) and keen customer support is Penn Herb. Although I now have a good collection, I am still ordering from others to compare their details.

Vitolo,

Rico420

As long as were listing suppliers, i've made a few orders from the highly recommended KT Botanicals. A Sacramento based company that sells many quality enthos, some of which they grow themselves! Also, i placed an order last night for 3 14" segments of Auchma, Trichrocereus Bridgesii, (that i will be planting this summer) and i received the tracking number at 9:30am this morning. Just unbelievable service and handling times, combined with a HUGE selection of any and all enthos, and good prices/quality of products keep me going back to KT Botanicals time and time again.

I have no affiliation or relationship with this Vendor, outside of being a customer. Not trying to shill for them or nuthing, just one of the best IMO, and i've tried many different vendors of these wonderful plants.

BTW- in regard to the title of this thread, one of my favorite combos that i like to vaporize is ~15mg pure freebase harmine put on a bed of weed. Harmalas, esp harmine combined with weed synergises extremely well and really takes the edge off the anxiousness and paranoia that weed can sometimes bring to the table. Vaporizing the harmalas really work better than eating them imo, much easier titration, and greatly reduced dose, nausea, bodyload. My theory on this is that a method of potentiation/synergy that Cannabis/Harmalas exert is that its known that Cannabis lowers serotonin levels, that's why 5-htp really synergises well bec it raises brain serotonin. Well, harmalas and Cannabis can be sub threshold psychadelic imho at the right dose, and as maois harmalas cause your serotonin levels to rise, by preventing the enzyme MAO-A from metabolizing serotonin. If you really are interested in the Quasi-Psychedelic effects of Cannabis, harmalas can really bring it out imho and i've had some REAL trips on high doses of oral B. Caapi and or vaporized freebase Harmine along with lots of vaped Cannabis. Just a real blast and is super recommended.

BTW- if you are going to do ANY experimenting with Harmala Maois you NEED TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ON THE DANGERS of interactions. Not only can they greatly potentate other drugs, and cause nasty interactions with drugs, but Serotonin syndrome which is serotonin toxicity is very dangerous and extremely uncomfortable. I'm very serious and have had bad interactions from dietary components (mainly tyramine & tryptamine) which can lead to confusion, dysphoria, headaches, and other SNS + CNS issues. Just thought this info is important to include if i am advocating taking maois in any form.

rotax

Zaporist
Anyone have suggestions on where to buy, flavors to try?

I rcvd some w/ my Zap, but ran out a while ago..and realized I miss it.

Looking for something that's calming/relaxing.

Any links, or local stores to try?

Thanks!

rotax,

rotax

Zaporist
I'm lookin for more so, just aromatherapy type oils. For an incense effect.

rotax,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
I used to use mint in my VB for a calming relaxing setting, and valarian/hops for bedtime, but I broke the oil diffuser attachment and they don't sell them anymore, i searched a bunch yesterday :(

PhishCactus,

mlo4sho

If you have an eBay account you can try there. There's a bunch of oils you can try of all different scents and they're cheap, too. That's where I got mine anyways. Can't speak on what they're made of but they certainly do smell nice.

mlo4sho,

rotax

Zaporist
mlo4sho said:
If you have an eBay account you can try there. There's a bunch of oils you can try of all different scents and they're cheap, too. That's where I got mine anyways. Can't speak on what they're made of but they certainly do smell nice.

thanks, found what i was after on ebay.

but i have no idea why my topic on "essential oils" is now within ethnobotanical herbs??? they are unrelated, and completely different subjects...
why make information harder to find?

rotax,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
I've always wanted to try Calea Zacatechichi but it's traditionally brewed in a tea, I wonder if vaping would work?

Orestes,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I consider myself experienced in vaporizing herbs and aromatherapy oils :)...

1st there are a lot of herbs worth vaporizing but... effects are not as noticable as mj..

1Wild dagga... Truly working for a few minutes... Better try tea or resin extract 15x was nice...

2.Lotus Awesome to vaporize + favorite thing to add.. to mj . Better soak it in wine and drink it after few hours :). Resin extract is fine not worth the money
3.Kratom.. Better buy caps with extract.. not worth vaporizing ..
4.Salvia divinorum.. I personally grow salvia divinorum its not forbidden where i live .. U can definetlly vaporize salvia leafs with awesome efect.. just keep on suckin till you get wanted results.. Effects stays much longer that smoking it also coming not so sudden..
5.Damiana,Coltsfeet,White sage(this one is one of the weirdest),Wormwood better get extract or make one.
6. wild lettuce = lettuce opium there are several species generally you can make nice sticky ball of honey opium.. Easiest to do if you got fresh plants .. Cut a lot and put in a big pot on lowest setting for 8 hours than simmer down and scrape off and get one pure transperant ball .. Quality varies from plants and species used .

Now my favorite Oils...

Do not smoke oils... Bad for your lungs but you can ingest them all though some people are allergic or get scared i can definetly compare some of the efects to acid, cacti or so..
1 Sweet basil oil... Better use in caps,sugar cubes ... Quick tolerance build up.Cross tolerance with elemicin . Careful first use only 1ml (10-20 drops) Do once a week or you wont feel much of the effects.. ( This one is only for the brave and daring :)... Max dose taken 10 ml :D (not me!) the guy was fine but he weights 100+ kg .. )
King of them all my friends favourite :) Musquito repellent ,the anti-radiational ,methoxyamphetamine = methyl chaviol : ... The vampire slaying :) Sweet basil... In our folk tellings basil is used to get rid of vampires and energy vampires .. There are two kinds of people giving and taking .. I've noticed that taking kind doesnt seem to like basil efects.. and even the smell and taste . we are jokin that it has smth to do with these guys being energy vampires

2. Elemi oil (when you but it must smell less minty than grapefruity has to be bitter not minty.
My favourite oil... Just like fockin mescaline I tried even 4 ml (was very fine)... Some acid feelin inhere... Definetly the best shit i tried from natures oils :D... There is a trick .. not all people get the effects cause of some cy1ph receptor or smth like that.. .So basicaly what you have to do to get full effects,... this even enchances sweet basil oil effects (its very strong so dont try enchace it ,but for elemi experience German chamomile is a must..)... Oppps Said it the beautiful healing German chamomile..
Best is to use chamomile oil but its expensive so i use tea. My dosage for best trip is 5 g chamomile tea +15 mins later 1-4 ml elemi oil - (10-80 drops ) Cross tolerance with basil so cant do them often...

Concentrate on basil or elemi not both.. Use once a week one of them.. .or you will biuld tolerance if more often ...

3 Lotus oil... The only one safe to smoke... That one is so fockin strange and sweeeeeeeeeet :D... And afrodisiac .. Safe to try but funny taste... easy to get.. .Good one to start ... not quite stimulating more than a bliss maker ;). If you are drunk.. you get sober... If your head hurts.. its just stop.. Better for pain than mj and less stiffness :)... Antidepressant (moodlifter).. Libido increasing :). A must try ...
Some MDMA resemblance but not in the omg stimulatin jaw clinchin way.. just some of the LOVE :).
Mixes well with herbs :) even smokin it is plesant.. I dont get any health problems vaporizing it off glass bulb.. .:D for best effects... i mix with herb and hit in dbv :D... but once you do that.... you will taste the lotus forever after :D that :D for a long time

Almost forgot about the magnificent number 4-13 :D

13 oils blend Named Absinth essence :) ... Definetly psychoactive and smoke-able :D Must try .. PM me to link you to the right vendor :).. A must try... Basicly there is a thujone limit but this 10 ml bottle of absinth essence is "not for human consumption" and its for 1 l :D.. I put some liquor bout 50-100ml whatever there is cause i dont drink.. than dilute it in water... like 400 ml with ice... makes the best summer visionary drink :)... Alchol ruins the absinth experience im tellin ya.. When drinkin comersial absinth you will die from liquor poisoning before feeling thujone :)

Dont wanna get someone badtrippin but if you dare.. try makin smokeable yopohuasca.. Yopo seeds + harmala extracted via acetone on some nice tasting herb :)

sunsett70

Abysmal Vapor said:

2.Lotus Awesome to vaporize + favorite thing to add.. to mj . Better soak it in wine and drink it after few hours :). Resin extract is fine not worth the money ....

3 Lotus oil... The only one safe to smoke... That one is so fockin strange and sweeeeeeeeeet :D... And afrodisiac .. Safe to try but funny taste... easy to get.. .Good one to start ... not quite stimulating more than a bliss maker ;). If you are drunk.. you get sober... If your head hurts.. its just stop.. Better for pain than mj and less stiffness :)... Antidepressant (moodlifter).. Libido increasing :). A must try ...
Some MDMA resemblance but not in the omg stimulatin jaw clinchin way.. just some of the LOVE :).
Mixes well with herbs :) even smokin it is plesant.. I dont get any health problems vaporizing it off glass bulb.. .:D for best effects... i mix with herb and hit in dbv :D... but once you do that.... you will taste the lotus forever after :D that :D for a long time

Abysmal Vapor,

thanks for the comments. have a few questions, hope you can assist. can you describe the feeling of mixing the lotus and mj? i myself have tried the blue lotus with mj, i feel gives it a calm, somewhat dreamy feeling. would like to hear your experience. i think it's very nice. only drawback is i feel blue lotus is a bit on the pricey side.

And are you talking about the blue lotus, or any kind of lotus? have you tried the others pink etc etc? when you say the lotus oil 'mix with herbs', you drop a few drops with the herb?

sunsett70,

Abysmal Vapor

Lotus oil is far more potent than lotus herb :) Its like lotus 100x :D try that .. or extract lotus herb via wine
Today i tried wormwood oil on marketing exam :D... I almost laughed my life out ... While everyone was sweating on the exam... me as usually was stoned... with my special stash for exams.. :D And was reading on wormwood oil near death experience ;).. So i wasn't well prepared that exam so i decided to play this test on the fun side :)... The guy with the near death experience accidently drink the whole 10 ml... that would be an overdose with almost any aroma oil i've tried.. :D
I dropped 15 drops in a capsule ,because i didnt want to smell like absinth factory :D/./
Effects were pretty much absinth like ... (i use liquor free absinth ) Visual, mind bursting, etc...
The test seamed not hard even i haven't even visited this class ever in my life ;D ... Everything was based on the get more money logic... I was so happy with every question i solved... Test had a to d with only one true answer every where.. .So i started to brake in the linguistic logic... and saw how artifical the wrong answers we added ... Hahhaha I was laughing full of joy solving a test on unknown subject ... I was just braking the code of human nature... and logic.. i have B+ btw
////////////////////////////////////////////
Yes i drop directly on herb... but i am warning you... If you vape once lotus through your bong whip.. wand.. They will smell like lotus.. until u dont put them in the dishwasher :D
Lotus oil is cheap around here .. but is very pricey on e-bay.. Just search local aromashops for 100% esential lotus oil..
http://giza-perfumes.eu/ i think those guys ship in the eu.. or maybe they usa .. better ask them..
I confirm high quality of elemi and lotus oils... 100% pure no additives steam distilled.
They ship from BG..
http://giza-perfumes.eu/product_info.php?cPath=119&products_id=204
This is what i ordered now for 5th time and i am very very happy with it.. It does not work form some people because they dont have the CYP1?/?? whatever it was.. That is to find in the lovely German chamolile so if you want true elemi visual effects :) drink 5g tea of chamomile or 10 drops of chamomile oil :)(i can't find it cheap to test yet) .. Elemi i say is somewhere between mescaline and lsd.. Its a tottaly alters the effects of drugs like lsd, mdma, psylocibine,lsa... Even a drop on LSD trip and the trip goes in 3 ways , atropin ,adrenaline ,serotinin...

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

I was asked bout DMT..
So for starters i recommend.. The yopochanga... experience..
First of all acetone is used.. So if you have any doubts that your acetone is not pure and its not going to evaporate 100% ... and you can get acetone poisoning,,, Do not do it.. because it can result rather in bad trip than poisoning :D.
I used to bake the yopo seeds... but it works whitout baking them too. What i do in steps:
1.I grind 10 yopo seeds (no cebil) 2-3$ on ebay... and i put i small purex vessel
2.I pour a little acetone just to cover the powder.. i mix it with a stick not very rapidly
3.I put in the freezer for bout 10 minutes ..Than i take it out and continue mixing with the stick till it is liqiud again ( thats in case its frozen...
4. Then i strain (u can skip the freezer part. i dont know why exactly is it done , i had results even with skippin it )
5. The liquid should be mixed with some herb.. I use lotus and damiana mix.. But some mint can do the job..
6. The more herb you put the weaker is the concentration..
7. After putting the herb u can put it in a plate with fan blowing on it.. for some time.. When the herb is dry and not smelling like acetone .. it is ready to use.. Ussualy i wait 24 hours to make sure all acetone is evaporated.. and i store in freezer..
8 Can be mixed with paganum harmala (this is maoi so dont fool around,in my country its called "Grave herb",once i poisoned myself with too much.. so i know why it is called that way.. :D) That is for more ayahuaca effect..
If have damiana extract go with it..passion flower or st johns worth,.. These are weak safe maoi as long as you are not on anti-depressants or birth control.
If anyone is intressted i can post a Lettuce opium hash method :)
http://www.wildlettuce.com/lettuce_opium.html this is what it looks like :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I read that yopo extraction is still "experimental", usually ppl use mimosa hostilis root bark or Psychotria viridis. Nice to see that you developed an independent extraction method though. Don't really know if I will ever do this but I started collecting infos and experiences since a month or so...I read around that dmt can be found in Phalaris aquatica too (plenty here atm), but extraction might be a problem since it contains gramine, and isolating it may be a problem, such a new subject, lack of infos about grass extraction.

Smokey,

Abysmal Vapor

Smokey said:
I read that yopo extraction is still "experimental", usually ppl use mimosa hostilis root bark or Psychotria viridis. Nice to see that you developed an independent extraction method though. Don't really know if I will ever do this but I started collecting infos and experiences since a month or so...I read around that dmt can be found in Phalaris aquatica too (plenty here atm), but extraction might be a problem since it contains gramine, and isolating it may be a problem, such a new subject, lack of infos about grass extraction.
Something traditional for my psychadelic fellows is the Phalaris juice.. U need one bag of ripe phalaris and a grinding juicer.. You leave in the sun in order to brake down chlorophyll and evaporate .. The result is yellow to white powder.. That can be sniffed or eaten in capsule.. To make the sniff active you should alkalize it.. edible lime or ash.. I personally use one of those cheap legal high bath salts for sniffing.. 3 g for 10 $ ... This shit does the job well and has some stimulating effect on its own.. (i use it only for mixing.,,, This shit is real crap.. if you ask me)
Remember that most of the purification methods involve dangerous chemicals.. I stick to nature and simple chemistry.. There is quite a lot of stuff to play with...
If you want some of the movie.. For me the most safest halluciogen is elemi oil and basil oil,not to forget the highly visual nutmeg oil.. (dring 5g chamomile tea for 100% EFFECT). It kind of mescaline.. Peruvian torch is also safe.. for me.. noone is unexpirienced can take so much bitterness to overdose :D
LSD,DMT, Salvorin, Psylocibine.. are very strong.. and easy to overdose :)... although salvorin and dmt (when not maoihibited) are quite a quick KICK.

Abysmal Vapor,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I'm not going to sniff anything (fucked up gesture, in my own mind), the only way I would consume it would be via vaporizing. Maybe I should try salvia then...

Smokey,

Abysmal Vapor

Smokey said:
I'm not going to sniff anything (fucked up gesture, in my own mind), the only way I would consume it would be via vaporizing. Maybe I should try salvia then...
Vaporizing salvia is way different from smokin it... i can compare it more to eating salvia..
The high comes constantly... not at once.. it stays longer and it is more controlable and pleasurable.. U can also try salvia extract.. or make one via acetone.. (thats the way to make it anyway, very few use co2)
Thats if you wanna switch to warp 10

Go with salvia its a teacher plant and it will tell you if you are for that kind of stuff :D very quickly!!

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom