Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nonamekevin

A propane torch will be much cheaper than any butane torch in the long run and you're not inhaling the exhaust gasses so it doesn't matter if it's extra clean. Cant say about MAPP because I'm not sure how expensive those canisters are. My propane torch cost me less than $30 almost a year ago and I'm still on the tank it came with and Ive been using it for concentrates before I got the elev8r.

Well the lack of torching is the draw of the flowerpot for me but if an enail can do that better than the flowerpot then I'll definitely stick with this. If you order the RDK300 straight from auber its only $120 USD so I might do that :)
Christmas sale on aubers website has the Rdk300A at $109 until the 25th.

Tweakz

guys i absolutely agreed with you. elev8r is really the best. just the king who kicks the ass for all the vapes. I completely mastered the heating technique. taste and effect are beyond praise. Thank you, this is a small part of my respect for this device and the guys who made it. It remains to buy an e-coil.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
Well the lack of torching is the draw of the flowerpot for me but if an enail can do that better than the flowerpot then I'll definitely stick with this. If you order the RDK300 straight from auber its only $120 USD so I might do that :)

Yeah, I've got also got a coil on the way from DHGate to try with the elev8r.
I also grabbed one of those dual u shaped glass adapters so I can run dual elev8rs, one heated by coil, the other by torch... that should be some fun. :D

Terpenetime

nonamekevin

It’s rated at 1300 degrees C so it probably will get you there but bear in mind that something like a big buddy is rated at 2500 degrees C, so it is going to take you longer.

That won’t be an issue the first few times you use it but it may become one over time.
I might be looking at the wrong torch, because I'm seeing the big buddy listed on Amazon as 2500F, not 2500C. Blazers website says 2500, but no unit. :huh:

Do the majority of elev8r users here prefer the wand or through a water piece?

nonamekevin,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

hopla

I prefer through a water piece mainly because the herb chamber is kept vertical, so the ground flower evenly covers the screen and stays in place. I use the water piece dry mostly though.
On a J-hook the elev8R keeps the herbs evenly distributed, and i find it less "dangerous" than the hand to handle.
Just my opinion though.

highasakite

For the same price as that big buddy you can get a plumbers torch that comes with a giant can of propane that lasts forever and each replacement tank is ~$3 USD. For the elev8r small isn't really desireable because of how much butane it would take to heat up. The elev8r is more of a home rig anyway IMO.

After following the elev8r threads at a couple forums, this seems like it needs to be posted at the top of every page. :)

Can someone give me more of an idea on which torch will get me there at the lowest cost? I've heard on hear that the big buddy is a good choice. The big shot seems like the gold standard, but pricey.

Walmart:
torch.jpg

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Lurking this thread for a while. Last week I stumbled across a French shop offering the ELEV8R for 80€ shipping included. VAS got uncontrollable instantly, which led to an ELEV8R been delivered yesterday.

Holy fuck, KISS is and always been the way to go! About 1995 we grabbed our first vape from Udopea. A huge and fucking ugly modified 5L Schott glas flask with a bowl of the size to fit a Steinel hot air gun and a trunk sized "mouthpiece". Would love to find a pic of this thing btw. Costs were something between 400 and 500 bucks, only the Steinel worth ~200.

The lousy material we had this time together with using water and the immense air path of this vape simply lets no THC reach your lungs I think and the vape never was been used. The Steinel on the other side still is working great :D

Why the fuck hasn't something like the ELEV8R been out there 25 years ago? All needed techniques had been available yet :(

You can see, I'm really excited. The ELEV8R simply produces fantastic tasting vape nearly on the go. Hitting like a hammer, with no danger to combust. Honestly didn't try the original wand, only put it on my Möbius clones. It's perfect for old bongheads like me. The only disadvantages are the cooldown time and the fragility of an all glass vape.

Choices

Lurking this thread for a while. Last week I stumbled across a French shop offering the ELEV8R for 80€ shipping included. VAS got uncontrollable instantly, which led to an ELEV8R been delivered yesterday.

Holy fuck, KISS is and always been the way to go! About 1995 we grabbed our first vape from Udopea. A huge and fucking ugly modified 5L Schott glas flask with a bowl of the size to fit a Steinel hot air gun and a trunk sized "mouthpiece". Would love to find a pic of this thing btw. Costs were something between 400 and 500 bucks, only the Steinel worth ~200.

The lousy material we had this time together with using water and the immense air path of this vape simply lets no THC reach your lungs I think and the vape never was been used. The Steinel on the other side still is working great :D

Why the fuck hasn't something like the ELEV8R been out there 25 years ago? All needed techniques had been available yet :(

You can see, I'm really excited. The ELEV8R simply produces fantastic tasting vape nearly on the go. Hitting like a hammer, with no danger to combust. Honestly didn't try the original wand, only put it on my Möbius clones. It's perfect for old bongheads like me. The only disadvantages are the cooldown time and the fragility of an all glass vape.
What shop might I ask?

Choices

Well I waded through it. Somehow I found a code here on FC that I entered and the price dropped to 61.53 Euros.
I think something else happened to drop it this much but I can’t say for sure what. Maybe I picked Kon-Tiki shipping and I’ll get it right before 4/20 lol.
Here is the code for any other folks that might be thinking it over.... FC13LCV10
Your price will be less but who knows how much!!

GoldenBud

how is it comparing to the vg/sbl? feels cleaner? i saw in this post like compring Glass Symphony to the ELEV8? wow

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Choices

Well @Alex3oe I now know why mine was so much less and also why I should learn another language: I selected the pick it up from the store location option during checkout. I’m not planning to be in Paris anytime soon lol so I am working it out to cancel that transaction and use the link you provided with the code I found which gets me out the door at around 73 Euro. Still looking forward to scaring all my “edibles only” friends with my crack pipe lookalike... :-)

Tweakz

Do you speak/read French? I couldn’t figure out how to order and pay. Guess I need to use Google Translate. Also did it come with the Quartz heater?

yes bro they supply quartz heater with any configuration

how is it comparing to the vg/sbl? feels cleaner? i saw in this post like compring Glass Symphony to the ELEV8? wow

This is a terrific device. I already have sbl and lotus, but how efficiently and tasty elev8r hits, nobody can

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Is an upgrade to the quartz heater worth the money? Really enjoying the ELEV8R and thinking about ordering the quartz heater as a backup. Getting this 7th devices in Europe is not easy, maybe pulling the trigger if it's possible should be worth it

Top Bottom