• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hippie

510vaporent

Hello fellow elev8r users! I see that the DC coil is being recommended, but I’m wondering if the 16mm 710 coil would be a suitable coil for the elev8r as well?

510vaporent,

thunderstealer1337

Any 16mm should work since the elev8r is smaller then 16 and you have to tighten it down onto it for it to stay stationary

Also the authentic grav 18-14mm is what I have 2x of, it was recommended in this thread

thunderstealer1337,

SquirrelMaster

I finally bit the bullet and ordered an Auber RDK-300 and 15.6mm coil! I cannot wait to have accurate temp control with the Elev8r ala a glass flowerpot. I haven't even received my order and I'm already impressed with Auberins, they upgraded my shipping so I'll have it Monday! I'm in Canada too, which is even more impressive.

SquirrelMaster

Have fun, though I think you will need to stretch the coil yourself now, no worries lotsa utube vids on that
I did know about the stretching, I was going to double check if there was a right or wrong way so I don't mess anything up.

I'm trying to order some 3mm SiC balls to stuff in the heater as well, just waiting for a reply from an Alibaba seller. I'd go the boro/quartz route but I haven't found a seller I trust yet with the wacky descriptions in some listings or prices so high I might as well go SiC.

I need to fashion some sort of stand as well before it gets here big that shouldn't be hard.

SquirrelMaster

My Auber RDK-300 and 15.6 mm could arrived Monday afternoon. My dominant hand is injured so adjusting the coil was a bit of a task but I eventually got it. I had some needle nose pliers and vice grips (wrapped in tape) and also a wooden door stop to pry the coils apart. After a couple heatups to see how everything sat when warm and cool I'm satisfied with how the coil sits. Depending on where I turn the heater it is either barely movable when cool and it loosens ups little when hot.

My coil was set to 365°C/689°F which seems on the higher end but I don't have any balls in the heater yet so I'm hoping with some more material to heat soak I won't be able to overwhelm the heater without going to a higher temperature. I dropped the temp to 350°C/662°F this morning and it must be the the longer preheat time but after that just smooth non stop vapour. My flower is kept with 62% humidity packs so I find sessions take a little to get going (heart soak helps a lot) but then my temp is almost too high near the end if I'm set to 365°C/689°F. ABV looked nice and brown on my last sessions.

One section of the coil (the tightest wrap on the heater) gets slightly red from time to time. I'm guessing it does this because its the tightest wrap and it's so snug to the heater? When it's working hard to regain temp it starts to lightly glow but then that disappears when it reaches temp.

Has anyone found a good source for either boro or quarts balls that seems trustworthy? I'm almost ready to order some SiC balls in 3.175mm for the heater at $0.15USD each (500 qty) so I don't have to worry about potentially getting soda lime. Those SiC balls are from an Alibaba seller that also has 6mm ($0.35USD each for stem cooling) and although shipping is $50 for FedEx I would at least have them in a week tops. I'm hesitant to order something with ePacket shipping because although it use to take a couple weeks I have a package going on 2+ months right now.

Ruby is another option, there is a site Gemsgems that has synthetic ruby. I think I mentioned them before. The 3mm is cheaper than the SiC but the 6mm is a little more.

I want a bunch of balls I have other projects in mind.

SquirrelMaster,

curiouscat

Hey guys!

Got my elev8r recently and I'm having a blast! Currently using a propane torch while I wait for my Blazer Big Shot which is coming in the mail.
So the heating method I've been using is about 35 to 40 seconds for the first hit, spinning and heating only the identations, stopping for 2 seconds or so on each spike and it has been working like a dream. Subsequent heatings are around 20 to 25 seconds.

The very first bowl I had through the elev8r literally floored me. I must've heated it a tad too long which lead to me losing a lot of the flavour but boy was that first hit a massive one! The vapor just kept on coming and coming and I was just waiting for it to stop but had to cut my draw early. There was hardly any left in the bowl when I went to finish it off.

I think I will use glass balls in mine too though because I like a bit of restriction in my pull, I already tried it with some 2-2.5mm glass beads and it worked a treat, but just have to figure out how to block off the top so they don't fall out. Either that or I need to get a glass piece with more of a chug, my diffusion pump has way too open of a draw and I feel like I'm trying too hard to keep my draw slow so the bowl can heat up when I first start hitting it after heating.

510vaporent

I have had a hard time finding some as well. It seems a lot of people are using balls that are not boro. I have even seen someone link to plexiglass balls on reddit before 🤮😭
My Auber RDK-300 and 15.6 mm could arrived Monday afternoon. My dominant hand is injured so adjusting the coil was a bit of a task but I eventually got it. I had some needle nose pliers and vice grips (wrapped in tape) and also a wooden door stop to pry the coils apart. After a couple heatups to see how everything sat when warm and cool I'm satisfied with how the coil sits. Depending on where I turn the heater it is either barely movable when cool and it loosens ups little when hot.

My coil was set to 365°C/689°F which seems on the higher end but I don't have any balls in the heater yet so I'm hoping with some more material to heat soak I won't be able to overwhelm the heater without going to a higher temperature. I dropped the temp to 350°C/662°F this morning and it must be the the longer preheat time but after that just smooth non stop vapour. My flower is kept with 62% humidity packs so I find sessions take a little to get going (heart soak helps a lot) but then my temp is almost too high near the end if I'm set to 365°C/689°F. ABV looked nice and brown on my last sessions.

One section of the coil (the tightest wrap on the heater) gets slightly red from time to time. I'm guessing it does this because its the tightest wrap and it's so snug to the heater? When it's working hard to regain temp it starts to lightly glow but then that disappears when it reaches temp.

Has anyone found a good source for either boro or quarts balls that seems trustworthy? I'm almost ready to order some SiC balls in 3.175mm for the heater at $0.15USD each (500 qty) so I don't have to worry about potentially getting soda lime. Those SiC balls are from an Alibaba seller that also has 6mm ($0.35USD each for stem cooling) and although shipping is $50 for FedEx I would at least have them in a week tops. I'm hesitant to order something with ePacket shipping because although it use to take a couple weeks I have a package going on 2+ months right now.

Ruby is another option, there is a site Gemsgems that has synthetic ruby. I think I mentioned them before. The 3mm is cheaper than the SiC but the 6mm is a little more.

I want a bunch of balls I have other projects in mind.

curiouscat

Okay, after further testing with the glass beads in the quartz heater I've found the beads have left some marks on the inside of the heater.

It looks to be just as @DocAnchovy said before, some of the beads got too hot and fused and have left a speck of glass on the inside of the quartz heater. I'm assuming that means that the beads that I'm using are made of soda lime glass instead of boro? This actually caused me to panic a bit and I pulled off the heater of my DBV43 and thankfully none of the beads have fused to the ceramic element, but then again it never gets turned past 9 o'clock...

Anyway, I've since ordered some 4mm quartz beads to fill the heater with. Do you guys think it will still be safe to use my elev8r heating element? Seeing the little specks in there drives my OCD a little mad haha but it still seems to function perfectly.

curiouscat,

SquirrelMaster

Okay, after further testing with the glass beads in the quartz heater I've found the beads have left some marks on the inside of the heater.

It looks to be just as @DocAnchovy said before, some of the beads got too hot and fused and have left a speck of glass on the inside of the quartz heater. I'm assuming that means that the beads that I'm using are made of soda lime glass instead of boro? This actually caused me to panic a bit and I pulled off the heater of my DBV43 and thankfully none of the beads have fused to the ceramic element, but then again it never gets turned past 9 o'clock...

Anyway, I've since ordered some 4mm quartz beads to fill the heater with. Do you guys think it will still be safe to use my elev8r heating element? Seeing the little specks in there drives my OCD a little mad haha but it still seems to function perfectly.

That doesn't sound good, at least you found it now though. I would think with the new balls that it will get just as hot and liquify some more which would be a good time to remove it but you would need to keep the temperature up while still accessing the inside of the heater. Maybe a Dremel on those spots so you're not dealing with the heat? I'm not sure to be honest but it would bother my OCD brain as well.

Where did you get your 4mm quartz balls from?

curiouscat

That doesn't sound good, at least you found it now though. I would think with the new balls that it will get just as hot and liquify some more which would be a good time to remove it but you would need to keep the temperature up while still accessing the inside of the heater. Maybe a Dremel on those spots so you're not dealing with the heat? I'm not sure to be honest but it would bother my OCD brain as well.

Where did you get your 4mm quartz balls from?

Tried scraping at a couple specks with my stirring rod while the heater was hot but it was a no-go. The spots are honestly tiny and the average person would not notice them, but it will always annoy my OCD brain when I see it. I'm hoping the quartz beads will make it less visible when filled haha.

I'm located in Australia so I'm not sure if it'll be useful for you but I bought them from here:

There was an option for the clear 4mm quartz beads which was half the price since they weren't "A grade" but I think they're sold out.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
IME Those jewelery beads don't function like proper quartz that I'm familiar with. I found they easily broke when exposed to flame, or even heated indirectly - many even changed color into a yellow tinge.

invertedisdead,
  • Sad
Reactions: curiouscat

SquirrelMaster

Tried scraping at a couple specks with my stirring rod while the heater was hot but it was a no-go. The spots are honestly tiny and the average person would not notice them, but it will always annoy my OCD brain when I see it. I'm hoping the quartz beads will make it less visible when filled haha.

I'm located in Australia so I'm not sure if it'll be useful for you but I bought them from here:

There was an option for the clear 4mm quartz beads which was half the price since they weren't "A grade" but I think they're sold out.
You'll have to let me know how they work out. Shipping to Canada isn't bad at all. I'm going to order up some ruby from gemsngems as soon as they get back to me. I'm still debating on trying the SiC balls.

I took a 48 hour t-break which ended last night when I needed to medicate dearly. Started with a small load in the Tinymight and then hours later when I still couldn't sleep I pulled out the Elev8r. Holy shit! I didn't have to fill it like I was doing before the break and I was on another planet. Over shot it a little considering I was trying to sleep but lying in bed with my eyes closed I had such an incredible high as my mind wandered from my body. The Auber RDK-300 and 15.6mm coil made the Elev8r into such a consistent device and I can't get enough 😍.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: curiouscat

curiouscat

IME Those jewelery beads don't function like proper quartz that I'm familiar with. I found they easily broke when exposed to flame, or even heated indirectly - many even changed color into a yellow tinge.

This is slightly discouraging, I guess I'll give them a go and if they don't work well I'll order some 4mm ruby terp pearls off dhgate which should function better (the elev8r heater filled with ruby pearls would look cool too).

You'll have to let me know how they work out. Shipping to Canada isn't bad at all. I'm going to order up some ruby from gemsngems as soon as they get back to me. I'm still debating on trying the SiC balls.

The SiC balls would be awesome I reckon! I just can't find any affordable sources in Australia otherwise I would have gone with those. Definitely keen to get a coil for my elev8r some day too, I'll probably throw it on this heater and buy a spare one for torch use and hope the coil covers up the specks of glass inside haha.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This is slightly discouraging, I guess I'll give them a go and if they don't work well I'll order some 4mm ruby terp pearls off dhgate which should function better (the elev8r heater filled with ruby pearls would look cool too).

Ive been running sapphire/ruby powered vaporizers since 2018, I would be a bit skeptical of DHgate rubies and even more so of SiC. At this point I wouldn’t order anything from the ‘gate.

If you do try some however just keep in mind the sizing tends to be subjective - my 3mm quartz are bigger than my 3mm rubies.

curiouscat

Ive been running sapphire/ruby powered vaporizers since 2018, I would be a bit skeptical of DHgate rubies and even more so of SiC. At this point I wouldn’t order anything from the ‘gate.

If you do try some however just keep in mind the sizing tends to be subjective - my 3mm quartz are bigger than my 3mm rubies.

Fair enough mate, I figure they'd be okay if they're well reviewed. Terp pearls don't seem to be too common in Australia from my search.

Where do you source your sapphire/ruby from for your vapes? I imagine you wouldn't be using the faceted type?

curiouscat

Okay time for an update @SquirrelMaster. I've had a couple days to mess around with the elev8r bead setup and I must say, it has turned it into a monster!

Heat retention has easily doubled and continues to pump out thick vapor past the point where I run out of breath. Reheat times are noticeably shorter now too, although nothing concrete yet as I'm still playing with it.

The 4mm beads filled the heater up to the 4th spike but wouldn't go past it. I think it has added a nice amount of draw restriction and it looks cool too. Can't see those little glass specks anymore which is great haha. I had zero issues with any of the beads cracking, I even replaced the 2mm glass beads in my Da Buddha with the quartz beads and it works perfectly. I did wash and dry the beads then torch the elev8r for a minute with beads inside a few times in case of any sort of off-gassing and didn't notice anything. It's been perfect and a great budget option for anyone to turn their elev8r into a beast. :)

Next up, an enail setup. Cheers.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Okay time for an update @SquirrelMaster. I've had a couple days to mess around with the elev8r bead setup and I must say, it has turned it into a monster!

Heat retention has easily doubled and continues to pump out thick vapor past the point where I run out of breath. Reheat times are noticeably shorter now too, although nothing concrete yet as I'm still playing with it.

The 4mm beads filled the heater up to the 4th spike but wouldn't go past it. I think it has added a nice amount of draw restriction and it looks cool too. Can't see those little glass specks anymore which is great haha. I had zero issues with any of the beads cracking, I even replaced the 2mm glass beads in my Da Buddha with the quartz beads and it works perfectly. I did wash and dry the beads then torch the elev8r for a minute with beads inside a few times in case of any sort of off-gassing and didn't notice anything. It's been perfect and a great budget option for anyone to turn their elev8r into a beast. :)

Next up, an enail setup. Cheers.

Very nice! :rockon:

If you really want to check the integrity of the beads you can try grabbing a spare bead with some tweezers and heat it with a torch til its glowing then dip it in water, if its real quartz it will be fine.The ones I tried cracked in just a couple seconds of direct heating, way before they ever got near hot enough to do the thermal shock/water test. I did run them in my vapes for a while just to try, but if yours pop like mine when exposed to direct flame I would be weary of longer term usage. I did find that a coil setup takes a lot more stress off the quartz beads since their heat ramp up time is considerably slower than torching. If its working in your DBV it sounds like it can handle the heat, but since these beads all look identical its just hard to tell.

curiouscat

Was over at a mates house yesterday and tried his brand new Flowerpot Vrod and was blown away!

Went home and placed an order last night for a 16mm coil + DC micro budget enail controller + errlectric stand from Vgoodiez.

Can't wait for it to arrive! I'm keen to see how it stacks up against the flowerpot for less than half the overall price.

GoldenBud

GoldenBud

How darker is your ABV in the ELEV8R? hard to get it darker right? it's light brown here

GoldenBud,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
How darker is your ABV in the ELEV8R? hard to get it darker right? it's light brown here
Mine gets pretty dark and I haven't even got all my timing down pat for maximum clouds. Torch or coil?

Bad Dog,
Top Bottom