Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nonamekevin

Honestly you guys don't know what you're missing. There is something very special about a torched elev8r, when using a big enough torch anyway. I started with one of the cheap kitchen torches and the time it took was considerable, honestly get a proper torch. If you're expecting multiple hits from one heat up though you'll still be disappointed. That's not what this vaporiser is about.
I'm thinking about picking up an infrared thermometer for use with a torch so I can get more consistent. The reason why the runt is still my favorite vaporizer, the torch is so much quicker. I could get my bowl prepared, grind medicine, etc while the coil is heating up, I'm just impatient.

:rockon:

SquirrelMaster

I'm thinking about picking up an infrared thermometer for use with a torch so I can get more consistent. The reason why the runt is still my favorite vaporizer, the torch is so much quicker. I could get my bowl prepared, grind medicine, etc while the coil is heating up, I'm just impatient.

:rockon:
My Infrared thermometer doesn't pick up the temperature properly through the glass. I found the best thing to do was watch the flames coming off the glass and when they were orange I was good to go.

Once I hooked mine up to an Auber RDK300b I haven't used the torch since. Something for everyone, the Elev8r has it covered.

nonamekevin

My Infrared thermometer doesn't pick up the temperature properly through the glass. I found the best thing to do was watch the flames coming off the glass and when they were orange I was good to go.

Once I hooked mine up to an Auber RDK300b I haven't used the torch since. Something for everyone, the Elev8r has it covered.
OH I thought those thermometers worked for the guys who dabbed? No luck on this piece?

nonamekevin,
Reactions: arb

west-elec

OH I thought those thermometers worked for the guys who dabbed? No luck on this piece?
Yeah I tried a cheap infrared but it didn't work. Don't know if more quality thermometer would work but agree with @SquirrelMaster the best guide to temp is the colour of the glow when torching. Hard if your torch is too small or you are in a bright room. Turn down the lights and look for the orange halo...

west-elec,
Reactions: Cheebsy

SquirrelMaster

Yeah I tried a cheap infrared but it didn't work. Don't know if more quality thermometer would work but agree with @SquirrelMaster the best guide to temp is the colour of the glow when torching. Hard if your torch is too small or you are in a bright room. Turn down the lights and look for the orange halo...
Definitely need a big torch. I bought a small propane torch for $15~ and I highly recommend that route if you plan to torch it.

sizzlewizzle

sizzlewizzle,

SquirrelMaster

How much faster is heat up with a propane torch vs something like the blazer big buddy butane torch?
I don't have a blazer big buddy but the heat up time is easily halved compared to an Honest torch. I want to say it was roughly 45 seconds for the initial heat up and then about 30 seconds for each subsequent heat up but I haven't used a torch in a while as mine is nestled in a coil so I could be a little off.

I don't see the danger as you're not inhaling the fumes and we only blast the outside of the heater

SquirrelMaster,

angular ocelot

angular ocelot

today i used the wand above, with a 18-14 adaptor and a magic flight orbiter whip adaptor with a dynavap tip and cap. brilliant! having an elev8r/dynavap day. breathed a bit of life into my old vapcap.
weird how all my vapes fit together! lol!

sorry about the back to back posting but its too late to edit my post above.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
today i used the wand above, with a 18-14 adaptor and a magic flight orbiter whip adaptor with a dynavap tip and cap. brilliant! having an elev8tr/dynavap day. breathed a bit of life into my old vapcap.
weird how all my vapes fit together! lol!

sorry about the back to back posting but its too late to edit my post above.
What color did you get?
We got yellow one that long Ssv glass Sherlock is bomb diggity also.

angular ocelot

What color did you get?
We got yellow one that long Ssv glass Sherlock is bomb diggity also.
i got red. i fancied the yellow and struggled to decide. i was very medicated when i ordered, started off looking at picks, ordered three of those, saw the wands, got overexcited, didnt look at anything else. one of those after midnight things where your brain is unable to comprehend postage costs to the uk from colorado or any of that shit.

arb

Semi shaved ape
i got red. i fancied the yellow and struggled to decide. i was very medicated when i ordered, started off looking at picks, ordered three of those, saw the wands, got overexcited, didnt look at anything else. one of those after midnight things where your brain is unable to comprehend postage costs to the uk from colorado or any of that shit.
I wanted red but the wife's favorite color is yellow.
😂

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hehe, thanks @angular ocelot

Btw, for anyone wanting balls for their heater I stumbled over this the other day...

Very reasonably priced too, they fill my heater up a little over half way fwiw.

GTX1

Hehe, thanks @angular ocelot

Btw, for anyone wanting balls for their heater I stumbled over this the other day...

Very reasonably priced too, they fill my heater up a little over half way fwiw.
just be careful with using ruby/boro beads with a torch, uneven heating can crack them and you may end up inhaling particulates coming out of them

also dont use quartz balls as they have a ton dust on them and are pretty fragile in comparison to ruby/boro

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I know Boro is far from ideal so have stayed away. I've used quartz so far with a torch and no issues, but I honestly prefer to torch the heater empty. Does the quartz dust never wash away?

I don't plan on using the rubies until I fix my enail controller tbh, but they will likely be mixed with some larger quartz beads if that helps keep restriction down.

When you say fragile in comparison, in what way?

Therapy

How often do you guys have to clean your bowl?
I just took out the screen after 2 weeks, about 25 bowls and there was a lot of hash like residue on the sides of the screen and bowl which wasn’t really visible before.

Therapy,

nonamekevin

How often do you guys have to clean your bowl?
I just took out the screen after 2 weeks, about 25 bowls and there was a lot of hash like residue on the sides of the screen and bowl which wasn’t really visible before.
I think I've gone through a couple of zips without cleaning it. I don't have any cleaner and don't like to use iso,. Been too lazy/busy to go get some.

:puke:

nonamekevin,

BestBuds

The Dude
If I started to see the screen getting scoobs on the edge I would get my electric kettle going and pour a half ltr of boiling water through it. I would do that maybe once a week?

Top Bottom