OF

What piece do I need to use the Air with my 18mm bong?

A dedicated GonG is one way to go, another is to use the plastic topped Air stem (which fits 14mm fittings) and a 18 to 14mm reducer. Or would that be an expander" OK, make it adapter. 14mm Female on one end, 18mm Male on the other. Unless, of course, the original bong fitting was male in which case you need a F/F adapter.

OF

GetLeft

I do not know what I would do without it.

I'd get myself another one and quick.

I agree on all counts. Especially the consistency/reliability.

I was a sworn longer-stem AA fan from the beginning. Until around a month or so ago when for some reason I had to use my shorty. I haven't gone back. Life is strange.

Nor have I ground in a long while. Can't remember the last time I ground. My stash has been jarred for a while, so it's nice and dry, which matters of course. But it's real nice to be able simply to pinch off a bit of a bud, give it a gentle crumble into the bowl, and partake.

fuckEmAll

Attacking companies is not allowed. Read the rules. Warning point issued.
This is my first post, and have to vent because I'm f*cking pissed. I just spent $35 on 2 glass pieces and a rubber cap for my Arizer Air. Not the first time either. These glass pieces break so easily, it's insane.

So these a$$holes at Arizer have the nerve to charge $10 per flimsy ass mouth piece? WTF? Fuck this company. Goboof are even worse, they charge like $5 for a f*cking screen... for something that costs like 1 cent, if that, for them to get.

I hate how these companies make devices with things that break, and then they go ahead and over charge for every accessory you must buy. The Arizer line is already way overpriced. Why are these units so damn expensive? They are a heating element... nothing more. There's nothing special going on. I just can't stand getting shafted by bs ass companies over this kind of shit. So I hope this messages doesn't get deleted by moderators, who probably work for Arizer or some of these companies, I bet. I hope they lose as many sales as characters in this post. Fuck you Arizer! and Fuck you Goboof! End of rant. Fuck you too.

fuckEmAll,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@fuckEmAll sorry for the problems but glass does break. Some glass does seem thicker than other glass. The Enano glass mouthpiece is really thick. I wish the Solo and the Air glass was thicker but it is what it is.

Welcome to FC make sure that you don't call companies or other FCer names. Maybe you need to check out the rules. Nobody is making you buy Arizer's products, it's totally up to you. May you have many years of service from your unit, that's what you can expect.

Arizer is a stellar company and has many happy customers. They stand behind their products and has an awesome warranty on the Air heater, a lifetime warranty. You won't find that kind of warranty with most vaporizers.

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
@fuckEmAll sorry for the problems but glass does break. Some glass does seem thicker than other glass. The Enano glass mouthpiece is really thick. I wish the Solo and the Air glass was thicker but it is what it is.

Welcome to FC make sure that you don't call companies or other FCer names. Maybe you need to check out the rules. Nobody is making you buy Arizer's products, it's totally up to you. May you have many years of service from your unit, that's what you can expect.

Arizer is a stellar company and has many happy customers. They stand behind their products and has an awesome warranty on the Air heater, a lifetime warranty. You won't find that kind of warranty with most vaporizers.

Slightly siderailing here but glass thickness is not necessarily an indication of glass durability. I've had 9mm bongs break on me very easily and I've had 5mm bongs get knocked over and survive.

100% agree about Arizer. Top notch company with high quality products and amazing customer support. Their warranty service is phenomenal. I've never dealt with such a speedy warranty service in my entire life.

Day 1 - message Arizer describing problem
Day 2 - ship broken unit in for repair
Day 4 - BRAND NEW unit with BRAND NEW EXTRA battery arrives at my front door.

Last edited:

OF

I hate how these companies make devices with things that break, and then they go ahead and over charge for every accessory you must buy. The Arizer line is already way overpriced. Why are these units so damn expensive? They are a heating element... nothing more. There's nothing special going on.

Sorry you're having glass breakage problems, few of us have broken more than a stem a year I bet? And then, we have out Ataxian..... But we're in fact the very bunch that 'demanded' glass in the product. For years we've enjoyed it in Air's bigger (and older) brother, Solo. A feature we rave about, really, rich in lore, with it's own cult followings what with PVHES types, GonGs and such. Glass is a key element of this design, and some/many others.

You should, I think, consider one of Ed's excellent wood (and SS) stems. Beautiful, useful, and nearly indestructible. A true joy to own. I have a 5400 year old 'Bog Tree' one, not the first choice in woods from a practical POV but it's very cool to use it and think 'this is older than the Great Pyramids or Stonehenge'. A true, one off hand made piece of art that's also very functional.

As to being 'just a heating element' I beg to differ. They are very special, purpose built heaters with excellent performance and reliability. And a huge following. Very few of the nearly 9000 posts here or the 36,000 on the older but similar Solo thread are negative. Fewer still as strongly put as yours. Lesser vapes are available for less (and in some cases more) money but their relative lack of popularity amongst their users is a clue? And they're made in Canada and very well supported, not at all common, that too has value I think. For half the money I generally get more than half the enjoyment out of my FlowerMates for instance but no way would they replace Solo/Air 'when the chips are down'.

Sorry you're unhappy with your purchase, but that's kinda history now. I hope your next set of stems survive better, most do and get to you quickly. And I think you should seriously consider one of Ed's stems (if only so you'll have an unbreakable one to use while more glass ones get there.

Regards,

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Beat me to it @OF. Nothing beats glass but the Ed's ones are unbreakable. Somewhat pricey for a bit of metal & wood to some eyes but will pay for itself in no time & is a 14mm water tool attachment. Things like stems, screens, Iso are all consumable purchases & much like buying a car you should factor in running costs when you purchase.

A Flowermate V5.0s with a silicone mouthpiece is what @fuckEmAll could also look at I spose but it would be a step down as OF is correct in his assessment.

FluffMolotov

I've owned a few vaporizers, currently waiting to own a few more (frikkin' hell Hopper Labs LLC).
Having opened all of them to peak inside, it's fair to say the Air is refined to the point of being almost lifeproof if one takes standard usage precautions - just so very sturdily put together in there. Mine has been in -40 to +45 Celsius this year, sailed a good portion of the Atlantic too, and only has a bad battery to show for it. Naturally I clean mine thoroughly on the regular and take care not to abuse it, still has had its fair share of thuds in the 12 months I have utilized it.

Arizer has a pedigree to them which I hope the next generation of vapes will attempt living up to and exceeding; their product simply works. Nevertheless sometimes this unit surprises (with technique - awes) you with how well it does so.
:science:

Last edited:

Hwy420

Try out online fc supporters from Canada like Planetvape you will get a 10% discount or try Randy at Puffiup he will match prices and he is an FC advertiser. Randy will give you a good deal and he's there with great support after the sale.
I'll do that. I can't thank you enough for your advice, CarolKing.

---

One more "Canadian" question: if I buy from a US store, e.g. Puffitup, does it mean that I don't pay the tax (HST)?

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If buying through Planetvape check their signature page for their discount code word. The discount code word changes. I see they have a special on their Arizer Air.

Randy @PuffItUp is awesome. Check to see what his discount code is if you decide to go with them.

To set the story straight none of us get anything out of suggesting FC's sponsors. If we have had good service we pass it on. There are online companies out there that aren't so great and don't have very good customer service.

Only good reputable online stores are advertised through FC.

Last edited:
My Arizer Air arrived today! I'm heating it on red right now to clean it out. First impressions: It's smaller than I realized which is cool and looks sturdy. I'm putting in some Cherry Og when it's ready here as my first bowl.
So I noticed screens are provided. Do you guys use them with the glass stem?

Thanks Randy @PuffItUp for the help and great service. Only took two days for it to get here. Now I'm making a list for essential accessories. :haw:

Mrbrown81k

Screens are not usually provided, probably just something Puffitup throws in as a bonus which is very nice, although I never used mine with a screen yet. Ive owned one for about 2 weeks now only though. I dont really find you need one, but others will not agree. My suggestion is to try without one first.

Last edited:
My Arizer Air arrived today! I'm heating it on red right now to clean it out. First impressions: It's smaller than I realized which is cool and looks sturdy. I'm putting in some Cherry Og when it's ready here as my first bowl.

Thanks Randy @PuffItUp for the help and great service. Only took two days for it to get here. Now I'm making a list for essential accessories. :haw:

I use the screens, but only if my grind is fine enough to get through the holes.

Spocks_Katra

I never bother with screens I have found the holes in the stem are small enough and allow enough airflow for me. If I want to rip a bowl I use my mighty

This thing is impressive. I went with the screen because I was getting particles in my mouth on the first bowl. 2nd and third bowls with screen in I had nice clouds and no particles.
Flavor was on point...it diminished quicker than the LSV but that's to be expected.I'm very impressed that the vapor is not harsh with such a short air path.

I need to experiment more, but yeah I'm diggin' it. I actually got to vape outside for the first time. No cords man. :razz:

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
This thing is impressive. I'm very impressed that the vapor is not harsh with such a short air path.

It certainly is impressive for something so petite.
post-43350-you-have-chosen-wisely-gif-img-ZfHA.gif

I need to experiment more, but yeah I'm diggin' it. I actually got to vape outside for the first time. No cords man. :razz:

There is something so relaxing about kicking back with a cup of tea or coffee in the sun with the Air.

Top Bottom