The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

alexigalaxy

You can swich it off or on whenever you want.
Thank you! I was pressing too fast.

Initial impressions without having vaped anything. Plastic smell is very strong. It's coming from inside the unit. The outside of the unit doesn't have the smell. Did 4 burnoffs at max temp. Could still sense some plastic smell but had to move my nose closer and closer to the bowl. 3 more burnoffs with cigar puffs most of the smell is gone. And letting it rest outside for a bit I couldn't sense anything anymore. It also has a bit of smell when it's heated up so not 100% neutral. The case has been laying outside all day and still smells very strong though.

And with fully charged new P28A batteries it really does 7 full 5m cycle and a bit more. That's quite impressive.

And the thing just comes in a brown box which I found funny. Guess not much went to marketing, which I like. Very curious to test it. Got many strains from Fyta (legally grown Dutch experiment) so it's hopefully going to be a party in my mouth. (weekend user)

Last edited:

shroomi

Just to confirm. You are using a pair of batteries that are exactly the same and have always been used and charged as a pair?
Since I don't use it very often, I tend to leave the batteries inside and charge them via USB cable. I confirmed with the external charger that the batteries still work properly and hold the charge.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I wrote to the shop I bought it from and they redirected me to Mike, the founder. He told me it was an issue with the heat sensor, and since the regular Angus is out of production, he kindly offered me a coupon to buy the enhanced at a discounted price. I accepted and I'm currently waiting for the unit to arrive, should be here within the end of the week, hopefully!

alexigalaxy

Amount of cycles stronlgy depends on set temperature.
It was on the max temp.

I'm very happy with the device and been using it exclusively. Vapor is smooth and less harsh on the throat. I have never had a ball vape and know it's probably not on the same level as a desktop one, but for me it's amazing how quick it can extract through a bong. I'm getting more in the habit again of doing bongs. The side bubbler is very nice and make the vapor taste excellent. I'm a bit disappointed how it is through the stems. I bought different size terp balls but it never feels quite right. It's still smooth on the throat but the taste isn't as great as I had expected. I feel I have to pull a bit too hard to get anything out. maybe it's learning curve though. I should try it with some bigger bowl sizes as I do through water.

The dosing capsules are the nicest I've ever seen and holds a formidable amount if you press it down a little.

Dr. G

***Old Resident*** Vapman Collector
I see there are two threads...enhanced and this one...

Well, we purchased the new version of the Angus. Looking forward to running it through water.

Dr. G

They started making the Angus with the wood again...and I suppose this is what is called the newer version of the wood.

PS I am kinda new to Angus. My first one was given to my best friend. So...have no idea really about it.

Last edited:

seedy53

They started making the Angus with the wood again...and I suppose this is what is called the newer version of the wood.

PS I am kinda new to Angus. My first one was given to my best friend. So...have no idea really about it.
angus enhanced is a better unit and value.

seedy53,
Reactions: Dr. G

Dr. G

angus enhanced is a better unit and value.
Better? In what way? The newer Angus has the same stats...it is also 100 w. with the rubi's...I just got mine. I use to have the OG Angus...I think there is lots of improvement. Anyway, just wondering why you said the enhanced is better...let me know...I really want to learn about this vape. Thank you.

I paid $169 and they sent me a cover as a gift. Free shipping...its a steal really. Also, a halogen...cool.

seedy53

Better? In what way? The newer Angus has the same stats...it is also 100 w. with the rubi's...I just got mine. I use to have the OG Angus...I think there is lots of improvement. Anyway, just wondering why you said the enhanced is better...let me know...I really want to learn about this vape. Thank you.

I paid $169 and they sent me a cover as a gift. Free shipping...its a steal really. Also, a halogen...cool.
best go to angus enhanced fc sub. it's all been talked about and compared there. i posted here by not looking where i was going. lol
og is prettier esp the wood and stainless. but ae has a much better battery cover system-no sweat, much cooler to handle, lighter weight, and comes with every accessory you need really. that's the main differ. little faster heat-up time, a very little faster. simpler cpu too

Dr. G

Greetings everyone, I received my Angus yesterday. We did our burn off etc.

I have to say that this is a VERY attractive and very good vape. I like it better than my Solo 3 for some reason. The taste is nice and I am using the capsules that came with it.

I am really liking it and the water mouth piece is necessary. $169 ???? That seems to me like I am stealing this vape from someone. The kit comes with everything you need in a very attractive case. The wood finish is gorgeous. Anyway, I really like it. It will stay in my rotation for awhile.

The cover that they sell is really excellent and does absorb the heat really nicely. I remember my OG Angus had a heating problem...like I think that Solo still has a heating problem. It just gets too hot. My Solo 2 was like that as well.

Don't hesitate in getting one of these...the price is right.

PS If this vape is safe made and everything inside is cool then, why aren't more people talking about this vape????? It is performing so great so far...and as far as nice looking...it gets a ten from me. The wood is real and very nice. Simple to operate and I love the weight of it. Feels solid. It feels clean to me. Is that the halogen effect? I am new to halogen...I know zippy about it.

It is doing GREAT with my Sneaky Pete water bong...I love that thing. It is perfect for nice bong hits.

Last edited:

drewwerd42024760

Hello members

After long time research and development from scratch, our halogen portable vaporizer coming soon.

Here are some features:
  1. halogen bulb as heating element
  2. convection and radiation heating system
  3. 2 replaceable 18650 batteries
  4. walnut shell
  5. 5 pre setting temperatures
  6. long air cooling path
  7. magnetic mouthpiece part
Hit me up on instagram if you have any questions
WX20220504-215421@2x.png
What is a link to check the halogen vape

drewwerd42024760,
Reactions: BigJr48

cosimo

Greetings everyone, I received my Angus yesterday. We did our burn off etc.

I have to say that this is a VERY attractive and very good vape. I like it better than my Solo 3 for some reason. The taste is nice and I am using the capsules that came with it.

I am really liking it and the water mouth piece is necessary. $169 ???? That seems to me like I am stealing this vape from someone. The kit comes with everything you need in a very attractive case. The wood finish is gorgeous. Anyway, I really like it. It will stay in my rotation for awhile.

The cover that they sell is really excellent and does absorb the heat really nicely. I remember my OG Angus had a heating problem...like I think that Solo still has a heating problem. It just gets too hot. My Solo 2 was like that as well.

Don't hesitate in getting one of these...the price is right.

PS If this vape is safe made and everything inside is cool then, why aren't more people talking about this vape????? It is performing so great so far...and as far as nice looking...it gets a ten from me. The wood is real and very nice. Simple to operate and I love the weight of it. Feels solid. It feels clean to me. Is that the halogen effect? I am new to halogen...I know zippy about it.

It is doing GREAT with my Sneaky Pete water bong...I love that thing. It is perfect for nice bong hits.
may i ask why you didnt go for the enhanced one?

Dr. G

may i ask why you didnt go for the enhanced one?
...I did not like the way the enhance looks. I am partial to wood vapes...I have the entire S & B line and its medical grade plastic look. I also have the Solo 2 and 3 and they have that glossy look...not my preference. I love the Bakx, Tetra P80, TM, Vapman's of course...and I just think the Angus is more attractive...I do not want the plastic look.

dallasxus

I have just received my replacement Angus from Mike at yllvape and it is a big upgrade over my previous 100w ruby Angus.

There are now 25 holes in the chamber and not 12 like my previous one had and this results in much improved airflow.

Also the body is much cooler at higher temps....220C is more like 180C on my previous one.

I love it!

seedy53

I have just received my replacement Angus from Mike at yllvape and it is a big upgrade over my previous 100w ruby Angus.

There are now 25 holes in the chamber and not 12 like my previous one had and this results in much improved airflow.

Also the body is much cooler at higher temps....220C is more like 180C on my previous one.

I love it!
function before beauty. i don't carry mine out much. for me it's a tool. we are examples of 2 different reasons to love yll vapes. lol

Top Bottom