The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Pukka

Edited to add: To those who received the new CU's, did the new CU come with an ISO advisory either pro or con? Has anybody tried using ISO on the new CU?
No advisory but I like Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap (aka Jesus Guy Eatable Peppermint soap) and the hottest water you can stand to put your hands in. Does a good job of clean-up and leaves no residue.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
aka Jesus Guy
Dr.Bronner was
from a German Jewish family, many of whom were killed by Nazis.
The religion he espoused was his own conglomerate, All One!!! and stuff like that. Not so much a Jesus thing...

He was committed to a mental hospital 3x, escaped 3x, moved to Calli and made soap, his family tradition which continues on still.

Good soap, anyway. Too long to read in the shower!
Spray on your plants to kill bugs!
All one!!!

sickmanfraud

So, if I understand the whole cleaning situation correctly there is no efficient way to salvage any cannabis oil that may collect in the cooling unit?

Has anyone tried PBW on either version cooling unit?

sickmanfraud,

smith.street.band

So I have had my 2nd unit for a while now. My 1st unit returned for a battery drain issue.

Mine also drains battery. It’s annoying as fuck. Did you contact Yllvape for a replacement unit ot the retailer? Does your new unit turn off when you out it down on the table? Mine does that too and it would be awesome to get a new unit without those glaring flaws

Aryeah

Vape Man
I just received my new CU last week but I still have not tried the Angus out yet. I will most likely try it soon, but I do have another problem with my old CU unit. I don't know if it was discussed earlier in the forum, but I can't get the plastic CU unit out of the mouthpiece unit. the plastic CU does not line up with the unlock picture on the CU. I had to take the entire CU apart and it is another QC fail. it does not line up in any way to get the plastic piece out of the unit.

Once I try the vape out, we'll see what side of the fence I stand on, if It's great or ok.

floribud

Edited to add: To those who received the new CU's, did the new CU come with an ISO advisory either pro or con? Has anybody tried using ISO on the new CU?

I had discoloration on my original CU after an ISO bath. BUT the discoloration was limited to the plastic Locking Collar (see pic above... post 1879). Since the new locking collar is metal and YLL recommend an iso bath for it, I don't thing there will be any more problems with discoloration. I've been bathing my "housing" and "plate" in ISO for about 5 minutes as well since day one and have had no discoloration issues with either of those plastic parts.

I still like the Angus but really, going out to walk my dog is the only time I want a slower session vape. When I'm at home I agree with ShitSnacks, I'll stick with more convection heavy vapes. For me those are my Splinter Z, xMax v3 (in on-demand mode), ALP (in both session and on-demand) and occasionally my P80. I can also out-do the flavor of the Angus with a Dynavap and the YLL InductionVape (I have the Monarx Ranger which is a rebrand).

Anyway I think the Angus is an amazing first attempt at vape by YLL. They targeted the king, The Mighty, and in many ways it is a better vape than the Mighty, but as we see, it's also a bit more unrefined. I love the YLL is pioneering the mass market glass heater technology. I hope YLL continues with incremental improvements and I hope companies like S&B take notice and realize there is still a lot of room for improvement and new idea. Besides the QA issues (turning off when I set it down on any marble, quartz or granite surface), I would love to see one lower temp setting and a wider, shallower bowl. In general, the wider and shallower the bowl the more continued convection you get later in the session while narrower deeper bowls promote more conduction later in the session.

Headassvegan

New Angus user here. Picked up the whip adapter and the ruby filled stem from vgoodiez. So far, loving it. The flavor coming out of this thing is intense. Anybody have any tips/mods that I should know about? Also wondering if anybody has experience with concentrates in the Angus. If so, what method do you use? Mine didn’t come with a concentrate pad like my other vapes did.

Headassvegan,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Sue Narmy

New Angus user here. Picked up the whip adapter and the ruby filled stem from vgoodiez. So far, loving it. The flavor coming out of this thing is intense. Anybody have any tips/mods that I should know about? Also wondering if anybody has experience with concentrates in the Angus. If so, what method do you use? Mine didn’t come with a concentrate pad like my other vapes did.

I put organic vaping cotton in a capsule and sandwich the concentrate in between.
Work really well.

Sue Narmy,

Mad_Max

Does anybody have this? I have an unfortunate and distracting noise and vibration coming from the chrome mouthpiece elbow? 😠 I removed the CU base and the silicone guard so the sound would be louder in this 7 second clip.

Last edited:

RAG

Does anybody have this? I have an unfortunate and distracting noise and vibration coming from the chrome mouthpiece elbow? 😠 I removed the CU base and the silicone guard so the sound would be louder in this 7 second clip.

Probably another faulty unit, my first unit had a bunch of weird sounds when taking a pull, the replacement unit I received did not. Reach out to your reseller and if that fails like in my case with https://vapeurshop.com/ where the reseller ignored me, then reach out to the manufacturer. Seems to be bad QC at the factory.

Aryeah

Vape Man
I just used the Angus with new cooling unit yesterday. I waited until the new cooling unit arrived. I am using Samsung p26a 2600, 35A batteries in the unit. and after 2 sessions back to back, the unit gets pretty hot where I really don't want to touch the metal battery screw plate. Is this normal? or should I use different batteries?

Aryeah,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

RAG

I just used the Angus with new cooling unit yesterday. I waited until the new cooling unit arrived. I am using Samsung p26a 2600, 35A batteries in the unit. and after 2 sessions back to back, the unit gets pretty hot where I really don't want to touch the metal battery screw plate. Is this normal? or should I use different batteries?
Standard on any Angus device. Don’t see any issues with the batteries you’re using.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Ha! This thread has been an interesting read. It got a little Jerry Springer there for a bit, but the mods took care of that. :)

I was interested in getting one, then not interested, then interested again, and then not again. I think I'll wait on this one until stuff works itself out. I also think YLL has a lot of promise in the future, but this first vape has its ups and downs for QC. It was pretty daring to go at the Mighty on the first try.

floribud

Had my first real problem with the Angus... went to for a walk two nights ago with Angus. Hadn't used it in about a week as a took a little T break. Loaded it, turned it on and went out, tasted flavor right away, I was vaping good stuff and was inhaling through the warm up phase. Eventually I realized it's never reached 355º. It's said it did and stopped heat. I increased to each high heat level and it only took about 3 seconds to reach the new level. But now vapor, and it was a bit warm but not as warm as the body usually gets. I took the batteries in and out a few times, hoping to reset something but still the same behavior. Only seemed to get vapor when on holding the boost down. Some one reported something like this a while ago. The weird thing was that the next day it was working fine again. I'll have to keep watching this one.

Also this Angus was one of the first sent out from VGoodies (sent out in the first week of availabilty). I know how it's supposed to work and I haven't seen anything like this in the first couple months.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Had my first real problem with the Angus... went to for a walk two nights ago with Angus. Hadn't used it in about a week as a took a little T break. Loaded it, turned it on and went out, tasted flavor right away, I was vaping good stuff and was inhaling through the warm up phase. Eventually I realized it's never reached 355º. It's said it did and stopped heat. I increased to each high heat level and it only took about 3 seconds to reach the new level. But now vapor, and it was a bit warm but not as warm as the body usually gets. I took the batteries in and out a few times, hoping to reset something but still the same behavior. Only seemed to get vapor when on holding the boost down. Some one reported something like this a while ago. The weird thing was that the next day it was working fine again. I'll have to keep watching this one.

Also this Angus was one of the first sent out from VGoodies (sent out in the first week of availabilty). I know how it's supposed to work and I haven't seen anything like this in the first couple months.
Was it very cold outside? Maybe that had something to do with it?

Old Stoner1958

I was skeptical about this vape after all the negitive comments I found here. I am glad I decided to judge for myself.
I was not looking for a GPV( German Plastic Vape ) slayer. What I got is a very nice and quite unique vape that produces thinner clouds that are very potent and the taste is off the chart. The GPV may produce thick milky clouds , but the flavor just does not last long. I like the Angus on the lower temps and with them the flavor is there until the last hit or two.
I have used the CU ver.2 and glass stems with the WPA and both work very well.
The batery life could be better but that really is my only negitive I have.
I am really enjoting using the Angus.
This is my opinion only and you all know what they say about opinions ;)

DaVapeGuy

I was skeptical about this vape after all the negitive comments I found here. I am glad I decided to judge for myself.
I was not looking for a GPV( German Plastic Vape ) slayer. What I got is a very nice and quite unique vape that produces thinner clouds that are very potent and the taste is off the chart. The GPV may produce thick milky clouds , but the flavor just does not last long. I like the Angus on the lower temps and with them the flavor is there until the last hit or two.
Yeah I was interested as well but from reading this thread it kind of turned me off of the device...

Shame because it's quite cheap

floribud

I own it, I love it and I'm still kind of skeptical about it. I love the taste and the performance, but I don't love that it shuts off whenever I put it down on a hard surface.... But on the other hand I think it's a pretty safe vape, the seal airpath works really well in mine, the cooling cover works as well as the mighty. The thing with the Angus is it can get much hotter than the Mighty us caution if you hit the same weed for two sesions at the highest temp. I'm thinking there a chance of combustion there, but it would taste like ass at that point ... so don't do that. Lots of people wished the Mighty would go higher. I think the Angus takes the governor off a bit and lets your char the hell out of your weed if you really want to, The Mighty limits it high to 410, probably to avoid any possibility of the combustion meltdowns that may have happened on the Angus. Anyway I'm from Florida so I'm always in favor of the freedom to blow up my own house if I want to...

840_divided_by_two

No advisory but I like Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap (aka Jesus Guy Eatable Peppermint soap) and the hottest water you can stand to put your hands in. Does a good job of clean-up and leaves no residue.
Also shout out to dawn power wash. Only food safe but it should work okay. Wouldn't believe any alcohol concentrations are high enough to have a negative impact. Plus it smells nice

840_divided_by_two,
Top Bottom